Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Breaking news: broken poo poo font to forums is a done deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

That polish kid says he's on his way to London for a medical with Arsenal so that's good news I guess.

In other news Arteta is out for at least three months so I guess he's done when his contract runs out in the summer. Debuchy is out for three months as well. I'd say it's unbelievable but it's the most the predictable thing ever. I wonder what Kimmy Källstrøm is up to these days.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

euroboy posted:

That polish kid says he's on his way to London for a medical with Arsenal so that's good news I guess.

In other news Arteta is out for at least three months so I guess he's done when his contract runs out in the summer. Debuchy is out for three months as well. I'd say it's unbelievable but it's the most the predictable thing ever. I wonder what Kimmy Källstrøm is up to these days.

Looks like you've got at least one new signing for the summer then.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

euroboy posted:

How often was Debuchy injured at Newcastle?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

RVProfootballer posted:

How often was Debuchy injured at Newcastle?

A bit but he was more in favour of being suspended

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Jose posted:

A bit but he was more in favour of being suspended

Yeah, well, his game has evolved under Wenger.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Adnar posted:

Yeah.

We used to chant 'conceded 7 for Norwich' when he came back with his tail between his legs.

Pretty successful local career since though.

3 titles in 4 years and as soon as we lose him for a run of games we freefall to the bottom of the table

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

vyelkin posted:

Looks like you've got at least one new signing for the summer then.

I unironically think there will be more than one, especially in the midfield. Arteta and Flamini will probably both be released (old, injured and a bit poo poo), Rosicky is a thousand years old and only plays in the latter half of the season anyway for some reason and Diaby will finally be sent to the glue factory.

There won't be any signings this january probably, although I'd like a bit of Winston Reid and Schneiderlin.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

euroboy posted:

I unironically think there will be more than one, especially in the midfield. Arteta and Flamini will probably both be released (old, injured and a bit poo poo), Rosicky is a thousand years old and only plays in the latter half of the season anyway for some reason and Diaby will finally be sent to the glue factory.

There won't be any signings this january probably, although I'd like a bit of Winston Reid and Schneiderlin.

i wish debuchy would stop dying so we could make chambers play CB all the time and then conceivably get away with not signing another defender

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

euroboy posted:

Well, it was a joke about Wenger inevitably saying Debuchy will be like a new signing, but yeah you're probably right. Maybe Wenger will even stick to his new policy of buying a 40m superstar each summer.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Arsenal spend an appalling amount of money every summer, but that doesn't stop entitled plastics from whinging about it all year long.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Why would Southampton sell to a club that's on track to finish one place below them

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Antares posted:

Why would Southampton sell to a club that's on track to finish one place below them

It's even funnier when Spurs think they can just buy their players in January. Biggest sideways move that is

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

It's even funnier when Spurs think they can just buy their players in January. Biggest sideways move that is

I would quite like it if they replicated last summer's transfer window and manage to convince everyone the poo poo players in the squad are the good ones and flog them off and replace them with better replacements.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

be nice wicka posted:

i wish debuchy would stop dying so we could make chambers play CB all the time and then conceivably get away with not signing another defender

At the very least Wenger has decided to keep playing Bellerin at RB instead of shoehorning Chambers in there. A proper CB is still needed because Chambers is by no means a replacement for Koscielny.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

euroboy posted:

I wonder what Kimmy Källstrøm is up to these days.

Stepping on cracks.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

vyelkin posted:

Reina claims to be 6'2" but I always remember him as being super short for a keeper so yeah. Maybe this Aussie won't be so bad.

Lol what a fraud he's 5'11" max

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shoren posted:

At the very least Wenger has decided to keep playing Bellerin at RB instead of shoehorning Chambers in there. A proper CB is still needed because Chambers is by no means a replacement for Koscielny.

chambers' problem is his speed. he's not fast enough to play fullback or in the midfield, and while he's more than capable of being a great PL defender, he can't replace koscielny as someone has to cover for mertesacker being rooted to the ground. and he's not fast enough for that either. winston reid/loving anyone

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Shoren posted:

idk when I have watched chambers he is entirely able to be caught out of position then make a stupid challenge trying to fix the first mistake

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Byolante posted:

idk when I have watched chambers he is entirely able to be caught out of position then make a stupid challenge trying to fix the first mistake

he said replace koscielny, not mertesacker

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

be nice wicka posted:

chambers' problem is his speed. he's not fast enough to play fullback or in the midfield, and while he's more than capable of being a great PL defender, he can't replace koscielny as someone has to cover for mertesacker being rooted to the ground. and he's not fast enough for that either. winston reid/loving anyone

Are you going off his stats on FIFA 15?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

Are you going off his stats on FIFA 15?

no i have eyes

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

be nice wicka posted:

he said replace koscielny, not mertesacker

Good job he perfectly described Koscielny then.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its cool how Wenger is buying some kids instead of fixing the huge flaws in the Arsenal squad

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

chuggo is BACK posted:

Lol what a fraud he's 5'11" max

p sure he's standing on a stool here

also lol casillas looks like a make-a-wish kid in this picture

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Newcastle being linked with signing someone would be cool and good imo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ninpo posted:

Good job he perfectly described Koscielny then.

yes the joke was that they both have similar flaws thank you for explaining it

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

be nice wicka posted:

yes the joke was that they both have similar flaws thank you for explaining it

Do you actually watch Arsenal? I honestly don't believe Per gives away a ton of fouls.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Ninpo posted:

Do you actually watch Arsenal? I honestly don't believe Per gives away a ton of fouls.

He doesn't

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

Crystal Palace have bid £3m for Swansea City left-back Neil Taylor, BBC Wales Sport understands.

Sounds believable. I'm sure we're going to sell our only left-back for next to nothing.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ninpo posted:

his flailing legs usually fall just short. again thank you for holding my jokes to the most rigorous scientific standards.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

be nice wicka posted:

his flailing legs usually fall just short. again thank you for holding my jokes to the most rigorous scientific standards.

Sorry mate, I couldn't tell they were jokes since they were missing the tell tale signs, like being funny.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

Idk what you expected.

Also, Chambers started out really well, but he seems to be a better cb than right back, and he has been out of form recently. Mertesacker is starting to look past it. Koscielny is cool and good, but Wenger broke him.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 16, 2015

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

We'll sign nobody because De Jong will be back soon to save the season you see

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Um, there's no money available *gives Rangers another £10m*

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

kcer posted:

Um, there's no money available *gives Rangers another £10m*

'gives'

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

Aston Villa's pursuit of midfielder Scott Sinclair, 25, has stalled because of Manchester City's £3m asking price.

lol half the Championship could afford that. Lerner Out Yanks Go Home.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Blue Star Error posted:

lol half the Championship could afford that. Lerner Out Yanks Go Home.
they couldn't afford his wages tho

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

wenger confirmed via arsenal twitter that a fee has been agreed for bielik and he's having a medical. so there you go, a 17-year-old midfielder, exactly what the doctor ordered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
It's done

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/01/toronto-fc-sign-us-international-jozy-altidore

Jozy Altidore #17
Position: Forward
Height: 6’1
Weight: 175 lbs
Birthdate: November 6, 1989
Birth Place: Livingston, New Jersey
Hometown: Boca Raton, Florida
Nationality: American
Last Club: Sunderland A.F.C.
How Acquired: Transferred from Sunderland A.F.C. and signed with Toronto FC on Friday, January 16, 2015
Pronunciation: “Jo-zee Al-ti-dor”

• Locked thread