Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

IAMNOTADOCTOR posted:

For some regions in the US ( California I believe?) opting out of vaccines is less trouble then actually getting the vaccine, this might reduce the rate of poor family's not bothering to get the vaccines because of time constraints and using the opt-out as a convenient tool.

While that used to be true (at least for purposes of registering your child for school), it no longer is. California changed its law regarding personal belief exemptions last year and now requires a note from a doctor or nurse practitioner (specifically NOT a chiropractor) that the parents have been counselled on the importance of vaccines before allowing a PBE. The initial reporting is showing an uptick in the number of vaccine-compliant families as a result, but there isn't complete data yet.

As a California parent who registered a child in kindergarten before the new law went into effect, I can say unequivocally that it used to be FAR easier to register your child with a personal belief exemption than it was to actually comply with vaccination requirements. The Personal Belief Exemption used to be a checkbox on the registration paperwork. A checkbox. Supplying the records for vaccination included hand-copying the vax record onto three different forms as well as giving it to the school for them to take a photocopy. Why did I have to hand-copy it not once but three different times if they were just going to photocopy it? Who the gently caress knows, ain't bureaucracy a wonderful thing? I would not be in any way surprised if a pretty significant number of the kids who USED to be listed a PBEs and suddenly aren't turn out to have been vaccinated all along but their parents just didn't want to bother with all the loving paperwork, so they checked the box. Now they can't just check a box, they've got to go to a doctor, pay a copay, listen to some spiel about vaccines and get a form signed, maybe giving the records to the school isn't looking so bad. But again, the record keeping sucks, the bureaucracy is totally bullshit, and I don't think anyone is really accurately collecting data if they are tracking it all based on school reporting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Caros posted:

Yeah... I think I'm pretty on target there judging by the last three pages of posts.

ActusRhesus is a pedant because she is a lawyer and one of the things he was trying to explain was the difference between layman punishment, I.E. a kid getting grounded, and “punishment” as described by law, I.E. a criminal going to court and being sentenced. Also notice the usage of quotation marks in order to emphasize that words have an extremely and even downright pedantic meaning in law.

Nintendo Kid as per the definition you posted is not being pedant. It is rather being extremely stubborn as it would not accept any of the extremely pedantic explanations or definitions ActusRhesus was providing. ActusRhesus can also be called stubborn as she was trying to prove a point to Nintendo Kid, in turn Nintendo Kid stubbornly refused to accept ActusRhesus explanations, which in turn lead to ActusRhesus stubbornly and pedantically try to explain various legal definitions and so on.

All in all ActusRhesus tried to explain things from a legal point of view while Nintendo Kid shoved its fingers to its ears and proceeded to repeatedly scream “WE ARE HAVING A CIVIL ARGUMENT AND IM WINNING” ad nauseam for several pages to the disgust of many poor goons.

To be completely honest I have seen worst, but D&D has been pretty bad over the last couple of days but that is my opinion and not a fact.

OK bye

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

ActusRhesus is a pedant because she is a lawyer and one of the things he was trying to explain was the difference between layman punishment, I.E. a kid getting grounded, and “punishment” as described by law, I.E. a criminal going to court and being sentenced. Also notice the usage of quotation marks in order to emphasize that words have an extremely and even downright pedantic meaning in law.

Nintendo Kid as per the definition you posted is not being pedant. It is rather being extremely stubborn as it would not accept any of the extremely pedantic explanations or definitions ActusRhesus was providing. ActusRhesus can also be called stubborn as she was trying to prove a point to Nintendo Kid, in turn Nintendo Kid stubbornly refused to accept ActusRhesus explanations, which in turn lead to ActusRhesus stubbornly and pedantically try to explain various legal definitions and so on.

All in all ActusRhesus tried to explain things from a legal point of view while Nintendo Kid shoved its fingers to its ears and proceeded to repeatedly scream “WE ARE HAVING A CIVIL ARGUMENT AND IM WINNING” ad nauseam for several pages to the disgust of many poor goons.

To be completely honest I have seen worst, but D&D has been pretty bad over the last couple of days but that is my opinion and not a fact.

OK bye

Did you forget the parts where actus was making fun of Nintendo kid via weird quotes involving farts and mothers, as well as random bragging about eating cheese? It was all okay until then.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

GreyPowerVan posted:

Did you forget the parts where actus was making fun of Nintendo kid via weird quotes involving farts and mothers, as well as random bragging about eating cheese? It was all okay until then.

I also remember all those pages before when Nintendo Kid was being stubborn as hell and mostly ignoring ActusRhesus answers. Turning the conversations to farts, moms and cheese was a vast improvement over repeating the same thing over and over again.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

ElMaligno posted:

Things with which I mostly agree

I'm going to have to disagree slightly on the pedant bit though. It's not excessive concern with details to recognize that there are some topics (law being a big one) where details and definitions really do matter. Generally above posters are right..there's little practical difference between Japanese Maple and American Maple unless you're a lumberjack (probably...I don't know much about trees, sorry lumberjacks)...unless tomorrow Congress passes a law banning the import and use of Japanese Maple. Then the difference becomes pretty significant, ie "legal" or "contraband" In this thread's context, the details mattered because they trigger what sort of further analysis needs to be done. that's not an excessive concern over details, it's trying to answer a legal question which I was asked. Too often I've seen DnD use the term "pedant" as an insult when a discussion becomes complex and they are too dumb to follow. "STOP BEING A PEDANT. JUST ACCEPT MY FLAWED REALITY"

ElMaligno posted:

I also remember all those pages before when Nintendo Kid was being stubborn as hell and mostly ignoring ActusRhesus answers. Turning the conversations to farts, moms and cheese was a vast improvement over repeating the same thing over and over again.

Yes. This. Context is important. You can't spend pages calling someone an idiot, deliberately misinterpreting their posts, and essentially putting your fingers in your ears and expect them to continue taking you seriously and engaging in respectful discussion My point was Nintendo Kid was acting like a basement dwelling adolescent.

As for the cheese, again...context. In response to an accusation that I was "having a meltdown" Something Nintendo Kid believed so strongly that he felt compelled to go crow about it in another thread (while trying to recruit backup) the truth, however, was that I was really just eating delicious cheese and laughing about it. I really don't understand why mentioning brie has triggered such an adverse response.

That's another thing I've noticed...people like to throw around accusations of "meltdowns" "tantrums" "pitching fits" etc. (very often when their opponent is female.) the fact is, most people don't take this poo poo all that seriously. I post because I am bored and apart from a few moments of sincere creepiness (e.g. Sedan Chair saying he could find out who I am IRL which was really creepy) I tend not to give a drat once I've logged out.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

ActusRhesus posted:

I'm going to have to disagree slightly on the pedant bit though.

Adorable.

QuarkJets posted:

Actual medicine is sold right next to homeopathic poo poo all the time, sold by the same companies and often in the same kind of packaging. A year ago I was looking for some cough drops, the active ingredient of which is often pectin. Several of the packages were labeled "homeopathic" with no active ingredient listed at all; compared to actual cough drop medicines, the front packaging differed only in the flavor of the cough drop. Companies have figured out that they can make money off of sugar pills that are branded as medicine, and so long as "homeopathic" appears somewhere on the packaging then everything is totally legal. Most people won't bother checking and they'll just grab whatever flavor sounds good. It's hosed up.

Well the thing is that most cough drops barely have an actual effect to begin with. In general, they belong in the candy aisle.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Nintendo Kid posted:

Well the thing is that most cough drops barely have an actual effect to begin with. In general, they belong in the candy aisle.

That's because most cough drops don't contain an active ingredient, but the cough drops that contain menthol, pectin, or both actually do provide a benefit. Menthol has a significant beneficial effect on opening airways and relieving airway discomfort, and pectin has a minor beneficial effect on relieving minor sore throat discomfort.

IAMNOTADOCTOR
Sep 26, 2013

QuarkJets posted:

That's because most cough drops don't contain an active ingredient, but the cough drops that contain menthol, pectin, or both actually do provide a benefit. Menthol has a significant beneficial effect on opening airways and relieving airway discomfort, and pectin has a minor beneficial effect on relieving minor sore throat discomfort.

Because this thread is all about being called pedantic by others: menthol has no effect on airway resistance and decreases the ciliary capacity, reducing the mucus clearing abilitys of the airways.

Vicks vaporub is quackery, and adding menthol to candy or steambaths is ineffective.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19136404

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

IAMNOTADOCTOR posted:

Because this thread is all about being called pedantic by others: menthol has no effect on airway resistance and decreases the ciliary capacity, reducing the mucus clearing abilitys of the airways.

Vicks vaporub is quackery, and adding menthol to candy or steambaths is ineffective.

but it smells nice.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

copper rose petal posted:

No I mean this exact discussion. We know the same people because a friend of mine was commenting on this quoted thread and I read it over to see what she'd said.

That's pretty awesome. Who are you (PM me if you have platinum)?

ActusRhesus posted:

but it smells nice.

This is why I mildly accept people using essential oils - as long as they don't claim they're getting health benefits from using them and just stick with "it smells nice" I don't make fun of them.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ActusRhesus posted:

I'm going to have to disagree slightly on the pedant bit though. It's not excessive concern with details to recognize that there are some topics (law being a big one) where details and definitions really do matter. Generally above posters are right..there's little practical difference between Japanese Maple and American Maple unless you're a lumberjack (probably...I don't know much about trees, sorry lumberjacks)...unless tomorrow Congress passes a law banning the import and use of Japanese Maple. Then the difference becomes pretty significant, ie "legal" or "contraband" In this thread's context, the details mattered because they trigger what sort of further analysis needs to be done. that's not an excessive concern over details, it's trying to answer a legal question which I was asked. Too often I've seen DnD use the term "pedant" as an insult when a discussion becomes complex and they are too dumb to follow. "STOP BEING A PEDANT. JUST ACCEPT MY FLAWED REALITY"

Yes. This. Context is important. You can't spend pages calling someone an idiot, deliberately misinterpreting their posts, and essentially putting your fingers in your ears and expect them to continue taking you seriously and engaging in respectful discussion My point was Nintendo Kid was acting like a basement dwelling adolescent.

As for the cheese, again...context. In response to an accusation that I was "having a meltdown" Something Nintendo Kid believed so strongly that he felt compelled to go crow about it in another thread (while trying to recruit backup) the truth, however, was that I was really just eating delicious cheese and laughing about it. I really don't understand why mentioning brie has triggered such an adverse response.

That's another thing I've noticed...people like to throw around accusations of "meltdowns" "tantrums" "pitching fits" etc. (very often when their opponent is female.) the fact is, most people don't take this poo poo all that seriously. I post because I am bored and apart from a few moments of sincere creepiness (e.g. Sedan Chair saying he could find out who I am IRL which was really creepy) I tend not to give a drat once I've logged out.

That's funny, I didn't know fishmech was going to other threads to brag.

Also, I don't think the throwing tantrums stuff is directly mostly to females on this forum. Nearly every single 'debate' turns into people screaming at their computers while typing furious sentences, so it may just be goons.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Shut the gently caress up fishmech

edit: eucalyptus smells goddamn awesome

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

The Mandingo posted:

That's pretty awesome. Who are you (PM me if you have platinum)?

This is why I mildly accept people using essential oils - as long as they don't claim they're getting health benefits from using them and just stick with "it smells nice" I don't make fun of them.

I dunno, I think there's a place for some essential oil poo poo as long as you recognize what it can and can't do (and acknowledge some of it is probably placebo effect). I will rub peppermint oil on a sore shoulder, or take a eucalyptus bath if I'm sick, but I don't think peppermint can heal a torn rotator cuff or that eucalyptus will cure bronchitis. They just make me feel happy.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

ActusRhesus posted:

I dunno, I think there's a place for some essential oil poo poo as long as you recognize what it can and can't do (and acknowledge some of it is probably placebo effect). I will rub peppermint oil on a sore shoulder, or take a eucalyptus bath if I'm sick, but I don't think peppermint can heal a torn rotator cuff or that eucalyptus will cure bronchitis. They just make me feel happy.

A fundamental ethical hazard is that these substances are being marketed as having a causal effect on the symptoms at issue; if a doctor were to tell a patient to take them to have that implied medical effect, it would be a serious breach of informed consent to care. Industries (in particular most of the dietary supplement industry) is built on exploiting this loophole. It's where structure function claims come from.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Discendo Vox posted:

A fundamental ethical hazard is that these substances are being marketed as having a causal effect on the symptoms at issue; if a doctor were to tell a patient to take them to have that implied medical effect, it would be a serious breach of informed consent to care. Industries (in particular most of the dietary supplement industry) is built on exploiting this loophole. It's where structure function claims come from.

A lot of consumers sort of assume that they couldn't make the assertions that it will fix your cold so flatly if it wasn't true, too - just from what it says on the packaging of what is supposed to be medicine. At this point that's almost a superstitious or magical belief when it comes to what is really just advertising.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I like Advocare Spark because it has a lot of caffeine and I won't turn down free caffiene, but I'm not gonna believe my one friend who is a distributor when he says it's gonna change my life!

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Fair point. I guess "smells really nice and may or may not have a warming effect when applied topically which may or may not relieve some minor pain" doesn't sell, though.

And diet pills are bullshit. Eat less. Move more.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

IAMNOTADOCTOR posted:

On the other hand, Menthol inhalation does reduce sensitivity to cough-causing environmental irritants.

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 10, 2015

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I loving Love Science has a post about the Disney measles outbreak from today, and the comments are golden! https://www.facebook.com/IFeakingLoveScience/posts/1015506348470376

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Kitfox88 posted:

Shut the gently caress up fishmech

lurker1981
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
I thought the mercury in vaccines was known to cause a loss of IQ in African-American children, and that mercury was placed in vaccines for the same reason that the CIA distributed crack cocaine and syphilis in lower class African-American parts of the USA: it's easier to manipulate a mentally challenged and diseased populace than a healthy group of voters.

Vaccines should be banned because they are racist.

...or maybe all of that was a lie.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

GreyPowerVan posted:

That's funny, I didn't know fishmech was going to other threads to brag.

Also, I don't think the throwing tantrums stuff is directly mostly to females on this forum. Nearly every single 'debate' turns into people screaming at their computers while typing furious sentences, so it may just be goons.

I'd agree if goons didn't have a well-established history of being loving creepers to ladyposters. Also we're talking about fishmech here of all people.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

I'd agree if goons didn't have a well-established history of being loving creepers to ladyposters. Also we're talking about fishmech here of all people.

fishmech is one of the last people i would think to be mad at someone over gender

lurker1981
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

GreyPowerVan posted:

fishmech is one of the last people i would think to be mad at someone over gender

Is fishmech a hermaphrodite?

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Spalec posted:

I always want to show anti-vaccine nuts this kind of graph, it's very clear how effective vaccines are.

This graph is fantastic and I have it bookmarked now, but where was it published?

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

The Mandingo posted:

This graph is fantastic and I have it bookmarked now, but where was it published?

GIS lead me to an article about Rob Schneider being a witless boob that credits the graph to Hinman, et al., “Impact of Measles in the United States,” Review of Infectious Diseases, Vol. 5, No. 3. (May-June 1983), pp. 439-444.)

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

lurker1981 posted:

Is fishmech a hermaphrodite?

fishmech is a robot who was programmed (poorly) to troll forums, and robots don't perceive gender

lurker1981 posted:

I thought the mercury in vaccines was known to cause a loss of IQ in African-American children, and that mercury was placed in vaccines for the same reason that the CIA distributed crack cocaine and syphilis in lower class African-American parts of the USA: it's easier to manipulate a mentally challenged and diseased populace than a healthy group of voters.

Vaccines should be banned because they are racist.

...or maybe all of that was a lie.

Mercury wasn't placed in vaccines by the CIA you loving retard, stop being taken in by obviously false info

It was actually placed there by the lizard illuminati

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The Mandingo posted:

I loving Love Science has a post about the Disney measles outbreak from today, and the comments are golden! https://www.facebook.com/IFeakingLoveScience/posts/1015506348470376

Yeah, definitely some hilarious antivax comments in there

quote:

Herd immunity only works if we get diseases naturally not via vaccination.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Discendo Vox posted:

The placebo effect still works (mostly) on people who know they're getting a placebo.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Buried alive posted:

Did it say anything else, or was that it? If it's really a homeopathic remedy, there should be a bunch of "ingredient whatever 10X/5X/1C" stuff listed as well.

If it's a proper homeopathic remedy, the dilution process will likely remove all traces of the "active" ingredient from the resultant ingestion medium.

So a correctly prepared homeopathic medicine will contain nothing except the filler.

IAMNOTADOCTOR posted:

Well that's weird, I mean, I used to huff the jar when I was younger and had a stuffed up nose, and like two sniffs lets you breathe again.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 11, 2015

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
We already have a great drug for clearing up a blocked nose, but a bunch of fuckers use it to make meth so it's harder than gently caress to actually find it. I had to go to three or four different drug stores before I found just pseudoephedrine without any added bullshit.

Mind you, I'm sure I'm not the only one that's noticed the best "non-medicinal" method of clearing up a blocked nose is orgasm. It's only temporary, but it works better than anything.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

PT6A posted:

We already have a great drug for clearing up a blocked nose, but a bunch of fuckers use it to make meth so it's harder than gently caress to actually find it. I had to go to three or four different drug stores before I found just pseudoephedrine without any added bullshit.

Mind you, I'm sure I'm not the only one that's noticed the best "non-medicinal" method of clearing up a blocked nose is orgasm. It's only temporary, but it works better than anything.

Was on a dive trip with my husband in Hawaii. He went into a drug store on a dive pier, in his wetsuit, to buy one box of sudafed. They wouldn't take his military ID and his driver's license was expired because we lived overseas at the time. So I had to come in and buy it for him. One box. gently caress you meth heads.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

PT6A posted:

While that's certainly fun, I find salt water works really well for stuffed up noses and such. It might just be placebo, or the physical action of snorting saline, but either way it does wonders for clearing out my nose.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Makes sure you sterilize the water. Don't want to be unlucky with that rare non-zero amoeba brain parasite.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Dirk the Average posted:

While that's certainly fun, I find salt water works really well for stuffed up noses and such. It might just be placebo, or the physical action of snorting saline, but either way it does wonders for clearing out my nose.

Yeah, saline might be fine, but you really shouldn't snort ocean water

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Yeah, essential oils are pretty great in a bath because the combination of hot water and things that smell nice is comforting. I hate buying them from the store though because I'll usually get roped into a conversation with someone who insists they cure cancer or something.

asdf32
May 15, 2010

I lust for childrens' deaths. Ask me about how I don't care if my kids die.
If this has been posted, well, I don't feel too bad posting it again.

Gomer Blog posted:

MICHIGAN – Local mom, Jennifer Leeders, brought in her Acura MDX for its annual maintenance. Her mechanic recommended new brake pads, a routine recommendation. “I saw they were getting low and I mentioned this would be a good idea. It prevents against future accidents, I guess you could say it’s a prevention plan,” Mike Dwyers the mechanic told reporters.

Herd brakes: If everyone else can stop why would I need to?

“NO THANK YOU!” Jennifer responded. “I have done my research and been on plenty of online forums to know that new brake pads are not safe for my car.” She continued to rant, “I’ll stick with the brake pads that naturally came with my car; it’s more natural.

Mike, who has 14 years of experience working on Acuras and Hondas, was taken aback. “One would think that something simple and preventable as replacing your brake pads would be a non-issue. People have been replacing brake pads for years and no one has ever linked it to adverse events.”

He went on to compare the thousands of accidents linked to poor brake pads versus the couple of cases where a new brake pad caused minor trouble like squealing or a little dust.

Ms. Lee, whom with the power of the internet, has learned more about her mechanic’s profession in a few hours than he could even dream of. “Just because everyone replaces them doesn’t mean that brake pads are not dangerous for your car. I know, I’ve done my research. Besides ‘big brakes’ are behind all this anyway, laughing it up with their cigars and $5000 suits.”

Jennifer claims that brake pads contain “unsafe levels of Mercury and Aluminum” and can cause ‘auto stopping'; a condition that has only recently been seen, therefore logically tied to replacement brake pads.

“It’s just so scary, you buy a brand new car and they want you to have all this preventable maintenance done.” Jennifer continued, “I prefer to just do things naturally, in-fact I just posted that on my Facebook Wall sent out to thousands of other car owners.”

Check out these staggering reasons to get maintenance on “Brake Pads” right HERE

Here’s another great Anti Brake Pad Proponent, Jenny McCarthy Here

http://www.gomerblog.com/2014/01/vaccine/

asdf32 fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 16, 2015

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Clearly the key to eliminating "auto-stopping" on illuminati obviously illluminati brake-pad replacements is to apply a generous amount of cancer-curing essential oils.

They're like the panacea to all modern ails JUST AS LONG AS THEY'RE GLUTEN FREE GODDAMNIT

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Oh look, the Happiest Measles Epidemic on Earth is up to 33 now.

On the bright side, CA's opt-out rates are falling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

TheKennedys posted:

Oh look, the Happiest Measles Epidemic on Earth is up to 33 now.

On the bright side, CA's opt-out rates are falling.

Yeah, that's going up soon, too. 7 new cases in La Mesa (San Diego County) yesterday, all unvaxxed siblings, 2 of whom were at Disneyland on December 18th. They came home and infected their 4 siblings and a close family friend. The whole family went to the mall last week to ride the carousel (yay! more kids!), and then yesterday they all showed up unannounced at a health clinic and exposed more than 40 people in the waiting room before anyone mentioned possible measles and they were isolated and the place closed for disinfection. Luckily the 40+ patients in the waiting room all currently appear to be vaccinated, but the county health department has released a list of several places the sick people have been in the last week that has several contagion concerns (fitness centers, pharmacies, a carousel)

• Locked thread