Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
I still think the best thing honda could have done with the nsx was to give us the hsv-010.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
I dunno man, HSV-2 is bad enough

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Performance car timeline. <3

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Looks about right, yeah.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Wild EEPROM posted:

I still think the best thing honda could have done with the nsx was to give us the hsv-010.

I've never seen that before. It's pretty awesome, and looks astoundingly like the Mazda Furai concept.

Well, the front clip at least. The butts are quite different.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I had an extra week off so I decided a trip to the car museum was in order.

Cellphone panorama

Vampire

'Audi'

Stanley Steamer

Early electric

Ferrari 750 Monza

300SL

Mercedes 28/95 (24000cc 1000hp six cylinder)

Unrestored Stutz

Delorean

I don't even know what the gently caress (Phanomen Phanomobil)

Early Morgan

Tata Nano (or just another reason I'm glad I don't live in India)

Porsche crashed during land speed record attempt

What's a VL Commodore doing here?

NSU Ro80

Elswick wheelchair car

Terrifying interior

The eminently practical Purvis Eureka

Toyota Sera (basically a Starlet with weird doors)

Civic + Corolla

'Rat rod'

Hiltermobile. You don't get much of a sense of scale from the photo - the thing was absolutely enormous in person.

RHD Nazi-era Mercedes (allegedly intended as a gift from Hilter to the Duke of Windsor for after the invasion of the British mainland)

Gangster Cadillac

Some think glass

America.jpg

Think I was about the last one to leave

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Neat pics. I always thought the Toyota Sera was kind of cool in a weird 90s way.

And holy gently caress that window glass.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Previa_fun posted:

Neat pics. I always thought the Toyota Sera was kind of cool in a weird 90s way.

And holy gently caress that window glass.

I drove one once.

It's a much nicer and more interesting car if you never actually drive one.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Slavvy posted:

I drove one once.

It's a much nicer and more interesting car if you never actually drive one.

I always wanted to get one and throw a 4AGE into it. However they all seem to be autos

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

You Am I posted:

I always wanted to get one and throw a 4AGE into it. However they all seem to be autos

This is what lots of people think would be cool to do with the endless hordes of 4E/4E/5E/7A powered vehicles around here and all of them turn out sort of impractical and awkward and not really as great as your brain is insisting they would be.

You basically just get a really tidy [random jdm corolla variant] with worst fuel consumption and (modestly) improved power that you can never use unless you're in the countryside because it's obnoxious and cunty as gently caress. And then when you are in the countryside you realise you're basically just driving a 90/100 series corolla with a powerful engine and it's all rather underwhelming.

Speaking from experience with a black top swapped 4AGE into a 90 series sedan.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

dissss posted:

I had an extra week off so I decided a trip to the car museum was in order.

Where is this?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I reckon the VL Commodore in that museum was there because it is the last unmolested VL Turbo on this planet.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

dissss posted:

The eminently practical Purvis Eureka

What the gently caress is that thing behind the Eureka?

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

Ghost Farts posted:

Now, that really looks like the Inspector Gadget car, but seeing the company it's in I'd guess VW based kit car?

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

giant doorstop

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Two Finger posted:

Where is this?

About an hour out of Wellington, New Zealand

You Am I posted:

I reckon the VL Commodore in that museum was there because it is the last unmolested VL Turbo on this planet.

Wasn't a turbo, just a normal 3l. There was also a non-turbo Mitsubishi GTO there

Ghost Farts posted:

Something home built I think. I didn't take a picture of the little information card but I did get one of the car itself

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

If Homer Simpson could work sheet metal.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

dissss posted:

Something home built I think. I didn't take a picture of the little information card but I did get one of the car itself

I actually like that and would like to know more about it, but what about the UFO behind that one?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

dissss posted:

About an hour out of Wellington, New Zealand

Wasn't a turbo, just a normal 3l. There was also a non-turbo Mitsubishi GTO there

Space Shuttle: now available as a car!

Actually it kinda looks like an AT-ST.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Happy 80th, AJ

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The patron saint of shredded tires.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Edit: Dunno if this fits here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqohbacK2aU

Jehde fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jan 17, 2015

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I was hoping it'd spin fast enough to throw one out.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I bet someone would flip their poo poo if you tried to logo up a car with a beer company saying "Be a better driver" now. You can't see it properly in the photo, but the Labbat's livery has a "Don't drink and drive" thing down either side, which is what the bumper text is actually referring to.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Dick Johnson is an unfortunate name, unless he's just bragging.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

You wish your name was that awesome.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Somewhat Heroic posted:

My high school orchestra teacher was Dick Long.

My freshman dormmate was Max Harry Johnson.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Dick Trickle probably got some laughs in middle school, too.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
There was a guy in my phone book back in the day named Harry Dick, and we pranked him like a billion times.

Who the gently caress with the last name of Dick names their child Harry? That should be child abuse.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

His dad's name was Tom Dick.

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?
One summer when I worked retail, we had the following customers, in ascending order of hilarity:
3) Steve Gooch
2) David Ramsbottom
1) Harry Dickener

On topic, generally I think that car show photos are cheating, but I think we can make an exception for KITT.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Nice, Peter Brock's and Dick Johnson's Turbo Sierras. I love the way Brockie got pole position at the 1989 Bathurst 1000 - he wired up a fire extinguisher so it would fire directly on the intercooler, dropping the temperature of air going into the motor.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
drat! That's a Yunick level cheat right there.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I would like to drive that. Very much.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
It's a shame, that variant was designed for the 1970 Japanese Grand Prix, which in 1969 was similar to Group 7 rules. In '69 it used a 5 liter normally aspirated V8 making 600hp, while that particular car was to use the same 5 liter, albeit twin turbocharged (you can see the intakes mounted to the turbos under the wing), making up to 850hp.

However, the style of car was changed to open wheel for the 1970 JGP series, and the twin turbo never turned a lap in anger. Toyota had plans to ship it to North America to compete in the 1970 Can-Am series, but drivers Sachio Fukuzawa and Minoru Kawai were both killed in accidents before the plan could be implemented. In a car weighing 620kg, that combo would have been devastating, and given a year or two of development, it could have challenged both the McLaren M8 variants and Porsche 917/10's and /30's, maybe extending the life of Can-Am by removing the dominance seen at the end of the series' life.

What could have been...

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jan 18, 2015

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teFTAwDHyAQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo8JXeyig3E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNUUR6Tkr1M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsFlscFWOrg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeTx-UIeir4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akAOE1wXQJs

U S A

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

One of my coworkers brothers is named Hugh Johnson. I couldn't stop laughing for at least a few minute when I found that out

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
A kid in my elementary school was named Peter Johnson. He was a bit of a bully and yet I was too young to know his name was basically dick dick.

It wasn't until many years later when I was looking through my old year book that I found out his middle name was Richard. His parents named him penis penis penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

kill me now posted:

One of my coworkers brothers is named Hugh Johnson. I couldn't stop laughing for at least a few minute when I found that out