Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

The replacement bottom for my Dracosan...also does not fit. This is fun.

As in too big or too small? I had a similar problem with rhino upgrade kits that I needed to greenstuff up. As pretty as the FW stuff is it feels like a lot of it doesn't get proper QA or gets pulled out of moulds too quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Both have been substantially too large.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

ijyt posted:

Would a thunderfire cannon barrel get hot? I wanted to paint mine glowing red/orange/white hot but I don't know if it actually would.

I don't think this is usually an issue for artillery, but it would still look cool, so run with it.

So, I am about to go have a blast for the weekend, no thoughts about plastic space mans, I tell myself. Got a few pre-painted vehicles on ebay that will hopefully arrive within the week along with my new carrying case. That being said I did get my 2nd drop pod going, and all the Honor Guard I bought have arrived, some pre-painted, some not. On top of all this I went snagged all I needed to get my bases assembly line going, so I got a lot of work cut out for me.

I don't know if I can adequately sum up how badly I want to start mixing it up with people.

TheArmorOfContempt fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 16, 2015

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Did they come painted that way or did you paint those up cause those look really good. The ones that are painted.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Hollismason posted:

Did they come painted that way or did you paint those up cause those look really good. The ones that are painted.

Sadly, I can not lay claim to those painted ones, except the drop pod doors of course. The honor guard look really nice, the one on the right the guy who did it went super heavy on the washes, while the other two are much more vibrant. When I look at them it is clear a person much more skilled than myself did them, but there are small things that seem like laziness that stick out. Like the parts of the power armor at the joints...I kind of always figured they should be a different color than the ceramite portions, but the guy just went ahead and made them blue...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I have the same conundrum with my stuff, some of the stuff I got from Ebay look amazing, but they don't match my armies colour scheme but I can't bring myself to strip them because their well painted so it's like great now I gotta try and sort of match that scheme with these guys, but then all of these guys don't match my army. So I just end up not using them.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was a full squad or something but just 2 or 3 that are really well painted and it's like well gently caress.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Muhfuggin cross post:

The Sex Cannon posted:

I am a tank factory.

Still have one more to do to finish the battery, though.

I think I'm going to go to the NOVA Open with a list that's 13 tanks, 20 guardsmen and a flyer.

Hail Satan.

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011

Tommofork posted:

Holy poo poo there were graviton guns back in 2nd. What other wonders of technology will be rediscovered with the march of time?

The graviton gun was the poo poo in 2nd ed. Perfect for taking down Carnifex and other high wound. non-psychic targets.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
How closely do my models have to match the list that I've come up with? I bought a box of genestealers from ebay that have knives instead of hands. I also have a carnifex that has small devourers glued to it, but my list has it with claws/talons.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
If you clarify what stuff your models have before it might become an issue (before the game or during deployment for example) there shouldn't really be any problems of that sort ever.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

SERPUS posted:

How closely do my models have to match the list that I've come up with? I bought a box of genestealers from ebay that have knives instead of hands. I also have a carnifex that has small devourers glued to it, but my list has it with claws/talons.

There's no longer a strict wysiwyg rule in the rulebook but you might encounter issues with particularly grognardy opponents or at particular events.

That said no one apart from tyranid players know what any of the Nid stuff looks like. So you're probably sweet.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Cataphract posted:

no one apart from tyranid players know what any of the Nid stuff looks like

This goes for pretty much all xenos weapons. Just don't make it super confusing and be honest about what's what and you shouldn't have any problems.

Elrond Hubbard
Mar 30, 2007

To ERH
*everyone applauds*

Hail.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

ghetto wormhole posted:

This goes for pretty much all xenos weapons.

It's Tau weapons that I can never recognise, no matter how many times I'm told "the pulse ones are triangular!" or whatever, it never sinks in.

This could be due to my refusal to accept Tau as a proper 40K race.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jan 16, 2015

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lungboy posted:

It's Tau weapons that I can never recognise, no matter how many times I'm told "the pulse ones are traingular!" or whatever, it never sinks in.

I still dont know the difference between a plasma and a fusion blaster.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

serious gaylord posted:

I couldn't recognise either, although I think I know the rule difference.

More new AdMech from FW, plasma fusil and irad Thallax.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Plasma rifle looks like a hotdog dick, fusion blaster is a box.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

Fusion blasters are like boxy meltaguns. Plasma rifles are like dongs.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I've been told that multiple times but I think its because the fusion blaster kind of looks like a imperium plasma gun because of the vents that i always struggle.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Lungboy posted:

It's Tau weapons that I can never recognise, no matter how many times I'm told "the pulse ones are triangular!" or whatever, it never sinks in.

I can sympathize, as far as I'm concerned Eldar have 2 ranged weapons; heat rays and confetti cannons.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

I've been told that multiple times but I think its because the fusion blaster kind of looks like a imperium plasma gun because of the vents that i always struggle.

I can see that connection yeah.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

HiveCommander posted:

I can sympathize, as far as I'm concerned Eldar have 2 ranged weapons; heat rays and confetti cannons.

gently caress Warp Spiders for the same reason, they aren't a "proper" aspect in my eyes.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Lungboy posted:

gently caress Warp Spiders for the same reason, they aren't a "proper" aspect in my eyes.

That's because HiveCommander missed one

HiveCommander posted:

I can sympathize, as far as I'm concerned Eldar have 3 ranged weapons; heat rays, confetti cannons and silly string

Warp Spiders and Night Spinners 4 lyfe

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Thanks to a bunch of cool goons I have enough pieces to begin work on 9 magnetized custom rapier batteries. That leaves me with the crew:

These guys are single pose, so I sold all of them and want to convert my own. Besides "guy pointing over there" and "dude looking that direction" what are some interesting poses for some custom artillery crew? I'm going to end up modelling 18 of the bastards :v: I would like to avoid them kneeling or picking up shells because that's going to take too much work.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Fingers in ears, hands out operating the control panel, one like the guy on the right except hand on knee instead of pointing and head turned away as if he's bracing for the concussion wave

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Celebration pose after they've detonated a tank?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

serious gaylord posted:

Celebration pose after they've detonated a tank?

Two marines doing a jumping high five is something we don't see enough of

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Chest bumping after taking out a hive tyrant?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Lungboy posted:

I will loving fight you!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I will loving fight you!

Fully materialised and prepared for war

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Actually, Warp Spiders own and I had my full squad of 9 before they were bonkers good. :colbert:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

With all the new Thallax kits, are any of those special weapons good or should I stick with regular old Thallaxes?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
In a bit of non-tabletop 40k news, it looks like Battlefleet Gothic is getting a video game adaptation: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/16/holy-ships-battlefleet-gothic-armada-announced/

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jan 16, 2015

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I am so loving pumped.

Edit: lots of new stuff on Forgeworld. Castellax, Alpha Legion vehicle doors and shoulder pads, and Iron Warrioe doors. Everything looks good.

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jan 16, 2015

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I spent most of last night working on this banner and I'm pretty happy with it.

I need to toss some matte varnish on it, and I might give it a watered-down later of white glue over it since it's poster board and I want it to last, but it's pretty much done.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Soulfucker posted:

Actually, Warp Spiders own and I had my full squad of 9 before they were bonkers good. :colbert:

Trap sprung, when they first appeared in 2nd they were bonkers good then!

(and when they were described as firing actual nets that sliced you to pieces before Relic made them into cotton-wool-ball-spitters, they were baller as gently caress)

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Slimnoid posted:

I spent most of last night working on this banner and I'm pretty happy with it.

This is a good thing you have done.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Drythe posted:

With all the new Thallax kits, are any of those special weapons good or should I stick with regular old Thallaxes?

Multi-Melta is still number one, followed by Phased Plasma-Fusil if you have a jetpack Myrmidax HQ, followed distantly by regular lightning gun and the rest of the options. You honestly don't want to touch those last ones, really.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Cythereal posted:

In a bit of non-tabletop 40k news, it looks like Battlefleet Gothic is getting a video game adaptation: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/16/holy-ships-battlefleet-gothic-armada-announced/

Games Workshop continues in their heinous quest to make a videogame of every game but Necromunda. BFG is pretty cool, morbidly optimistic about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Slimnoid posted:

I need to toss some matte varnish on it, and I might give it a watered-down later of white glue over it since it's poster board and I want it to last, but it's pretty much done.

That's stunning freehand work. Nice tie-in with the Dark Angels theme in the footer, too.

Fake edit: Did, did you not completely cut out the banner from the source material before painting it? I'm worried about cleaning the edges without loving up the paint. :ohdear:

• Locked thread