Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

chaos rhames posted:

How the gently caress is the thousand year old demon who looks 12 the best character, this destroys everything I believed was true.

That's an easy one to answer: because they don't do anything creepy like sexualize her or try to play her up as moe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Sounds like somebody forgot about Chapter 57.

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014

John Carstairs posted:

Sounds like somebody forgot about Chapter 57.

agreed just check this out

how they get away publishing such things we'll never know. In all honesty she's one of my favorite characters. Sort of a comedy antagonist.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The entire point of that chapter was how everyone but wolfwoman were incapable of being sexy because they were too dumb+cute.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Covok posted:

That's an easy one to answer: because they don't do anything creepy like sexualize her or try to play her up as moe.

Yeah, only she herself tries to do that! ...and fails miserably! :haw:

BTW the new character is the best character just like all the other characters. :allears:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The entire point of that chapter was how everyone but wolfwoman were incapable of being sexy because they were too dumb+cute.

:ssh: Everyone knows this.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

BTW the new character is the best character just like all the other characters. :allears:

Seriously, is anyone else getting Mikan vibes here? Not to the point of being in love with Asahi, of course, but she's just trying so hard to be this dark badass :kimchi:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
They have to get Michael Cera to voice Kuromine and Hynden Walch to voice Shiragami for the dub, they're the only people who have dorky enough voices to match the characters.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DrSunshine posted:

They have to get Michael Cera to voice Kuromine and Hynden Walch to voice Shiragami for the dub, they're the only people who have dorky enough voices to match the characters.

But I actually like Kuromine, DrSunshine! Don't go ruining it by casting that giant douchenozzle into the actually likable main character. :colbert:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kuromine is far too likeable to be voiced by Michael Cera.

^^^ Gah! :argh:

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm not entirely sure how that rough, sketchy art style that gives the series much of its charm would translate, though. Anime tends to be much cleaner for ease of animation.

it should do the jojo thing of colour-changing close-ups and dramatic sound effects. like take everything incredibly seriously even though its the dumbest poo poo in the world.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lol i just found out about this thread. I've been reading it recently and marathoned it on a couple of days and it's probably my favorite romcom since it's the one that made me laugh the most.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I also agree on the principal being the best character. the sport day and meteor chapters solidify that so much.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Wark Say posted:

I also think that, whoever gets cast when this gets turned into an anime has their work cut out for them as long as they can both do “cute and dumb” appropriately. Kana Asumi (who incidentally plays Nyaruko-san) would be great as either the Shiragami mom or daughter.
Kana Asumi has already proven to do a good job of playing Kansai characters with her performance as Marika in Nisekoi, too. I'd be totally down for that, she'd b a pretty good fit for Shiragami.

I didn't even notice Wakamoto in Nozaki-kun :negative:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

HiveCommander posted:

neither did I... :smith::hf::smith:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

HiveCommander posted:

Kana Asumi has already proven to do a good job of playing Kansai characters with her performance as Marika in Nisekoi, too. I'd be totally down for that, she'd b a pretty good fit for Shiragami.

Diggin' your avatar, buddy! :hfive:

Until recently, my favorite female VA was probably either Miyuki Sawashiro (added to the fact that she's also super-dynamite in person) or Mai Nakahara, but after somebody recommended me to watch Nyaruko-san, I was... well, I actually didn't care for the series that much, but it was pure, mindless fun with a bunch of tokusatsu and actual honest-to-goodness occasional Lovecraft-lore gags, references and what-have-you. But what really sold me was precisely the goofy, boundless energy that Kana Asumi brought forth with the Crawling Chaos. Like Miyuki Sawashiro, Aya HIrano, or Chiwa Saito probably have way better range and the other two Kanas (Hanazawa and Ueda) have a certain je ne sais quoi that usually gets you people watching, Kana Asumi has a certain... pizzazz about her delivery that I find super fun.

And cute.

And somewhat dumb. :3:

Which makes her a perfect candidate for a character whenever this manga gets an anime greenlit.

quote:

Folt The Bolt posted:

neither did I... :smith::hf::smith:

Don't want to be a kill-joy, but I warned you about Yamamoto-san! I told you, bro'!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Cheers, this AV was a real pain to compress down to a filesize big enough to be used, without dropping the quality/framerate to absurdly low levels.

Kana Asumi is the best. Her over-excited delivery is great and she can pull off pretty much any of the female cast in this manga. She'd actually make a pretty good Akari, now that I think about it.
HanaKana sticks to the same old timid "doushio~" characters and I find her almost as one-dimensional as TsundeRie Kugimiya when it comes to her VA roles. I couldn't imagine them as any of the main cast. Ueda on the other hand, would do a nice job as Mikan, Shiho or maybe Aizawa.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

If this series ever gets made into an anime, I fervently hope that Norio Wakamoto voices the God(s) of Fortune.

It should be Junichi Suwabe.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm guessing it's pretty likely Karen is less "fallen" so much as "eccentric angel in good standing".

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'm guessing it's pretty likely Karen is less "fallen" so much as "eccentric angel in good standing".

Or she's fallen for some extraordinarily petty reason.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

chumbler posted:

Bureaucratic mix up.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

chumbler posted:

Chuunibyou.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
No, she's literally fallen and she can't get back up.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

That's surprisingly likely given the context of this series, but I think with her little moment about pretending to be a devil, she's a hardcore chuuni

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

No, I've got it. The rest of the angels are actually yakuza and she's fallen because she's actually a nice person.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I am sure whatever the reason, it was ultimately the principle's fault.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

Wittgen posted:

I am sure whatever the reason, it was ultimately the principle's fault.

she does know about shiragami's parents, which means she was probably around the school at one point, which means the chances of the principal ruining her life are quite high

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

she does know about shiragami's parents, which means she was probably around the school at one point, which means the chances of the principal ruining her life are quite high

I just hope Shiragami's dad isn't paying these people.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
I'm honestly expecting to find out that Karen was either a competitor for Genjirou and got pettily dicked over by Akane or that she wasn't and Akane decided to act as if she was anyway. Because I'm putting money on her whole 'grant your wish in the most unexpected way' to have some basis in her past and the principal's actions.

Edit: Alternatively alternatively, her and Akane's past goes back even further and Karen knew the rumored-of Koumoto great-great-grandad.

FH_Meta fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jan 17, 2015

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FH_Meta posted:

Because I'm putting money on her whole 'grant your wish in the most unexpected way' to have some basis in her past and the principal's actions.

That's just how she's putting spin on it; the truth is that she's really, really bad at her job.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Reading the current chapter, I think that A Case (TM) could be made for it being both.

EDIT: Seeing Akane in an adult outfit is so strange. So strange.

FH_Meta fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jan 17, 2015

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

HiveCommander posted:

Kinda late on this, but Marika's dialect isn't Kansai. I think it's a Kyushu dialect, but I'm not sure.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://www.mangareader.net/jitsu-wa-watashi-wa/61

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Only three chapters in and she's already fantastic. :allears:

Tons of great faces this chapter.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Where is this from, anyway?

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

This, incidentally, is why I said a case could be made for the 'unexpected way of coming true' having a basis in her and Akane's past and (as Roland Jones said) her being bad at her (demon) job.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Darth Walrus posted:

One of the volume covers, iirc.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Darth Walrus posted:

The first colored page in chapter 35.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

One of the volume covers, iirc.

I assumed that, but it doesn't seem to fit for any of them. That's Rin's hair, and this was her volume cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

The principal is the best worst person. :allears:

• Locked thread