Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

have you considered that tien just might be better than everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bullshit propaganda from the anti-Krillin faction.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The whole 'Yamcha got beat by a saibaman' thing is kind of dumb right? Didn't he convincingly beat one just to have it surprise kill him?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Well, it would be dumb were it not for the fact that Yamcha's entire contribution to the manga from the moment Raditz arrives on Earth is:

* Getting killed by a Saibamen (the henchmen of Frieza's weakest henchmen).
* Losing his girlfriend to the guy who sicced said Saibamen on him.
* Almost getting killed by Android 20, one of the weakest of the Androids.
* Getting beaten up by a Cell Jr.
* Getting killed by Super Buu.

I mean, Tien and Krillin suffer similar problems, but the difference is that Tien has a pretty good struggle against Nappa, holds off Cell despite being weaker, and helps out against Buu, too. Krillin also manages to accomplish a few things here and there, most notably making the Spirit Bomb to hit Vegeta with (though he did miss, admittedly).

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

* Getting killed by a Saibamen (the henchmen of Frieza's weakest henchmen).
* Losing his girlfriend to the guy who sicced said Saibamen on him.

This is the best dramatization of these facts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGrJCn2dr-c.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Krillin also manages to accomplish a few things here and there, most notably making the Spirit Bomb to hit Vegeta with (though he did miss, admittedly).

And the whole Namek thing..

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Raxivace posted:

This is the best dramatization of these facts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGrJCn2dr-c.

That was really really bad, but also pretty funny.

If anyone needs a shot of nostalgia, guess what I found?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BffZ0vjMH2I

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

New Leaf posted:

And the whole Namek thing..

At least Krillin had the balls to go to Namek, though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

At least Krillin had the balls to go to Namek, though.

I was counting that among his accomplishments haha.. I'm a huge Krillin fan. My first ever episode of DBZ was when it was in a nice "after school cartoons" time slot, and it was Krillin downing all the Saibamen in one blow. Solidified his awesome. I didn't even know who the hell Goku was, but this little bald dude just took out 5 green things and the bad guys complimented his moves so he must be awesome.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

New Leaf posted:

I was counting that among his accomplishments haha.. I'm a huge Krillin fan. My first ever episode of DBZ was when it was in a nice "after school cartoons" time slot, and it was Krillin downing all the Saibamen in one blow. Solidified his awesome. I didn't even know who the hell Goku was, but this little bald dude just took out 5 green things and the bad guys complimented his moves so he must be awesome.

Yeah, that's all pretty true. I started from the first episode, somehow. I think that if Krillin didn't get a family, he would have been just like Tien, doing his best despite never having a real chance.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
It takes guts to know when to quit. Krillin's got guts, Tien's a chump.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

sharktamer posted:

It takes guts to know when to quit. Krillin's got guts, Tien's a chump.

And Yamcha's probably already dead.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Tien is not a human, he is a Three-Eyed Cowboy.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Some Numbers posted:

If anyone needs a shot of nostalgia, guess what I found?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BffZ0vjMH2I

I think Brian Drummond's voice for Vegeta fits that phase of the character really well; a spoiled brat who knows (or thinks he knows) he's better than everyone else.

Meanwhile, Sabat's take suits his post-Namek characterisation. It reflects the development of the character well.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, Brian Drummond did a very good job with Vegeta.

Early Sabat Vegeta was held back by trying too hard to be Drummond. Once they let him do his own thing, Vegeta became a lot better.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Tien is not a human, he is a Three-Eyed Cowboy.

God dammit, I forgot all about that.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Re: Frieza third form.

It feels like what was meant to happen is for Vegeta to hit his zenkai before Frieza transformed, think he's a Super Saiyan, beat the tar out of third form and challenge Frieza to go up to fourth so he can prove his Super Saiyan power, only for Frieza to then come back and beat the ever loving poo poo out of him. Narratively that gives third form purpose and also would play into Vegeta's arrogance more, as well as allow for a callback in the Cell saga where he does it again.

I think it was just really hard to draw third form because it's so elaborate?

I think the only point of that form was to make his final one more surprising since he kept getting bigger and more monstruous and then... that.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Petiso posted:

I think the only point of that form was to make his final one more surprising since he kept getting bigger and more monstruous and then... that.

Third form is a lot smaller than second, so no?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

It's pretty drat hunched over but he didn't shrink. He just grew a ton of horns and a huge head.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I really like the Ocean dub voices. The Next Dimension stuff was stupid, but whenever I used to mention DBZ to a friend or something back in grade school they'd respond with that.

"Oh man, yeah, Vegeta is so awesome I'LL PUT YOU IN THE NEXT DIMENSION!"

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Firstborn posted:

I really like the Ocean dub voices. The Next Dimension stuff was stupid, but whenever I used to mention DBZ to a friend or something back in grade school they'd respond with that.

It's something that reached meme-status amongst me and my highschool friends, before we ever knew what that was. That and "You FOOL!"

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Krillin will always be the man because despite knowing he's outclassed, he still tries to help.

Even as a corpse.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Cell is going to lose the next match in DBM now.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Firstborn posted:

I'm also quite keen on Scott McNeil's performance as Piccolo.

Not that any dub will ever beat the Big Green or Speedy dubs, of course. :v:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Someone in the DBM comments likened Zen Buu to Kung-Fu Santa Claus and I am overcome by :3:

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012
Meet the new villain in Xenoverse:

Also more gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS8TW8EiZU8

Horrible Taste fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 17, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I like how Omega Shenron is the one GT character that consistently shows up in games.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

And he's the most boring of the GT characters at that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He is not Baby, please don't lie like that.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Venyu Force Rules!

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Ganon what are you doing. This game isn't even on a Nintendo console! You go back home, mister! :argh:

Tapion confirmed.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Endorph posted:

I like how Omega Shenron is the one GT character that consistently shows up in games.

to be fair who the gently caress else is memorable from that show other then the SS4s?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

What the gently caress is Zen Buu doing? Just trying to make everything more interesting?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

He's probably just going around to everyone he knows he can destroy and powering them up (but not too much?), so that when he absorbs them they'll be worth more.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

Babe Magnet posted:

He's probably just going around to everyone he knows he can destroy and powering them up (but not too much?), so that when he absorbs them they'll be worth more.

I imagine him absorbing the whole universe has changed him a bit, possibly to be more of the trickster I always imagined him to be.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Okay, so either Captain Ginyu switches with Vegeta or Vegeta takes over the Ginyu Force. Since it's friendly and called the Venyu Force, I'm going to say the second one.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

New Leaf posted:

What the gently caress is Zen Buu doing? Just trying to make everything more interesting?

Trying to make the tournament more interesting. He has to enjoy what he can before he absorbs all of creation.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Raxivace posted:

This is the best thing.

Beef Waifu posted:

He is not Baby, please don't lie like that.

I honestly forgot about Baby.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dammit, double posted again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

New Leaf posted:

giving the authors an excuse to gently caress over cell in favor of chrono trigger rip offs

• Locked thread