Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Denver is falling apart, Peyton might retire, people are gonna leave that sinking ship in droves. And the funny thing is that if they signed Tebow, they'd probably inexplicably win a playoff game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nrr posted:

nothing is more beautiful than cowboys fans everywhere completely ignoring the fact that that hasn't been a catch for years in the NFL now, acting all indignant and hard done by, when their hilarious goldfish memories conveniently forget that the only reason they were in that game to start with was because they got gifted one of the most insane calls ever the week before.

considering Joe Cocker's recent death and the fact that that flag was only picked up after coincidentally exactly enough time for jerry jones to sign off on a mansion on the French Riviera in one of the ref's names, I was halfway through a version of "I get by with a little help from my friends," as performed by jerry jones - but then the cowboys had to go and lose and ruin everything

holy poo poo though this is so much loving better

why is THIS POST how I find out that Joe Cocker is dead

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Volkerball posted:

This already happened. He didn't vanish because all people remember is week 18.

That's OK, all of us here remember week 19. :allears:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Chilichimp posted:

Is that Sam Eliot's mustache?

No it's Wilfork Brimley's.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Alouicious posted:

:(

sorry bro. I found out in a similarly lovely way.

RIP Joe

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

seiferguy posted:

And of course, this :allears:

This would definitely call for a "Taste the Rainbow" avatar text.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Alouicious posted:

Dude, that was almost a month ago.

ComfortablyNumb
Nov 7, 2008

This is not how I am.

this is amazing

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

kalensc posted:

This would definitely call for a "Taste the Rainbow" avatar text.

I felt mine was more appropriate given Lynch's relationship with the media.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

After they Boo'd Manning last week I hope Tebow starts for Denver forever.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

That Works posted:

After they Boo'd Manning last week I hope Tebow starts for Denver forever.

As a Chiefs fan I hope Tebow starts for Denver forever... :allears:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

You are an amazing human being and I hope you wake up each day to that realization and are able to make that realization a full part of your self-knowledge with a smile on your face every morning.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Thank TBeef

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
I hope I'm not the only one that noticed and stared at Jeff George's coloured nipples.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

Alouicious posted:

I had to find out by having the news loving tease it.

Brian Williams: "And when we come back the death of a music legend."

(Up Where We Belong) starts to play.

Me: "poo poo, Joe Cocker died."

Also I would take Tebow in Cleveland, and be grateful for him. He may play like poo poo, but the man always makes curfew, keeps his teammates in line, and hes big enough to take a sack without breaking. Hell I'd sign him just for the LOLs of forcing Johnny Manzel to be his roommate.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

HarlanHell posted:

Hell I'd sign him just for the LOLs of forcing Johnny Manzel to be his roommate.

Heh. And I thought Johnny and the King was gold. There's a drat terabyte of material in this concept.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

In my search for an avatar, I came across a pretty popular artist (he apparently did artwork in Halo 3) named Enfu, and he does drawings of mini-Seahawks that own a lot:

He created this last year for the Super Bowl game (so it still contains Tate, Harvin and MRob and others):

And of course, this :allears:

Thanks for this, I've wanted a good avatar of Kam Chancellor for ages.

Made this:

Any ideas for text?

Edit: I could always use Sherman's quote: "Kam Chancellor damages people's souls."

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mrit posted:

Thanks for this, I've wanted a good avatar of Kam Chancellor for ages.

Made this:

Any ideas for text?

Edit: I could always use Sherman's quote: "Kam Chancellor damages people's souls."

I threw in a border if you want it:

I just used the color copier and snagged the color off his number.

Maybe something from this article can serve as some inspiration: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/11/7526995/kam-chancellor-seahawks-bad-man-smash-destroy-panthers

There's choice quotes such as "You say his name three times in the mirror and a random receiver breaks his collarbone. " Or "A semi truck totals a Smart car at 80 mph and science teachers are going to ask how many Kam Chancellors of impact it delivered. The answer is two. A semi truck smashing a Smart car is only two Kam Chancellors." (though that may be too long)

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

I threw in a border if you want it:

I just used the color copier and snagged the color off his number.

Maybe something from this article can serve as some inspiration: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/11/7526995/kam-chancellor-seahawks-bad-man-smash-destroy-panthers

There's choice quotes such as "You say his name three times in the mirror and a random receiver breaks his collarbone. " Or "A semi truck totals a Smart car at 80 mph and science teachers are going to ask how many Kam Chancellors of impact it delivered. The answer is two. A semi truck smashing a Smart car is only two Kam Chancellors." (though that may be too long)

You are awesome. Thank you.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Dren posted:

I love this even though you have drawn Joe's eyebrows shamefully small.

I didn't notice because I can't stop laughing at Evil Brady Face. :laffo:

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Alouicious posted:

Joe Cocker was still alive?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Febreeze, request you draw the 49ers in dumpster fire with Fangio giving the middle finger.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
But the dumpster is labeled "JED'S FORT NO MEANIES ALLOWED"

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Kam Chancellor got some sweet air on Saturday against Carolina

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/ground-control-to-kam-chancellor/

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
How to draw John Elway!

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2015/01/how-to-draw-john-elway.html

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

well, so much for sleeping tonight :jebstare:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

9 gallops is the perfect amount of gallops!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

This is beautiful..permission to use step 9 as an avatar? I've been looking for an Elway...

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

My dad appreciated this even more than I did

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Febreeze posted:

When I named the first version I called it the TFFarthouse, and then everyone joked it looked like Farthouse, and now Fart is just what we call Football Art. Magic happens because of this thread. Also it kind of is the Sports BYOB thread because this is the one thread the mods don't get too annoyed with when it goes off track.

Also I love that the Dallas Cowboys got screwed over by a rule named after a Detroit Lion. So fitting.
http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/the-calvin-johnson-rule/

we really should just make an all-purpose chat thread, especially since the NCAA season is over and there is exponentially less football from now through the offseason

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

wheez the roux posted:

we really should just make an all-purpose chat thread, especially since the NCAA season is over and there is exponentially less football from now through the offseason

Agreed a million times. Plus it might cut down on the derails that a lot of people dislike so much. If there is a place for it then it doesn't have to happen elsewhere.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chichevache posted:

Agreed a million times. Plus it might cut down on the derails that a lot of people dislike so much. If there is a place for it then it doesn't have to happen elsewhere.

I like the sentiment, but uh, goons.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Bort Bortles posted:

I like the sentiment, but uh, goons.

20 winkie lady gifs per page.

General Chat threads seem to work in other forums, but all other forums are terrible so i dunno

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Athanatos posted:

20 winkie lady gifs per page.

General Chat threads seem to work in other forums, but all other forums are terrible so i dunno

Sounds like good reasons for a chat thread

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

wheez the roux posted:

They're used to be a thread like that in Helldump and it got pretty bad

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If DnD's is worthy of not being gassed, I have faith in the funhouse.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
DnD's chat thread seems pretty mundane so I don't know why it would be that special. Though I think that TFF would be similar to that.

TVIV's on the other hand.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestheHammer posted:

DnD's chat thread seems pretty mundane so I don't know why it would be that special.

TVIV's on the other hand.

That's what I mean. That thread should be a goddamn disaster, and instead it's just normal and uninteresting.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Volkerball posted:

That's what I mean. That thread should be a goddamn disaster, and instead it's just normal and uninteresting.

If they gass threads for being mundane what chance do any of us stand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Life choices.

• Locked thread