Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
John Stewart Diggle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Phylodox posted:

Guy looks good in green.

Wait are you thinking what I'm thinking? What if his middle name is... Jones! John Jones Diggle, the green Martian Manhunter!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

greatn posted:

Wait are you thinking what I'm thinking? What if his middle name is... Jones! John Jones Diggle, the green Martian Manhunter!

That begins with J! J for Judomaster! The... only... POSSIBLE... explanation!

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

PaganGoatPants posted:

I hope to see some Diggle vigilante action now that Oliver is dead.

Once Laurel is suited up he and felicity will be the only ones without a costume, Diggle doesn't even wear a mask half the time just his regular leather jacket or once in awhile a ski mask. Dig needs a costume!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Felicity's glasses are her costume.

She doesn't even need those.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oroborus posted:

Once Laurel is suited up he and felicity will be the only ones without a costume, Diggle doesn't even wear a mask half the time just his regular leather jacket or once in awhile a ski mask. Dig needs a costume!

Uh

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
John Diggle of Earth, you have shown the ability to drift at great speed. Welcome to the Green Driver Corps.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Eddain posted:

Judging by the cliffhanger Hong Kong flashback and Maseo being with the League, my bet is that Katana got fridged.

Presumably her or their son. The remaining one would probably have the Soultaker though.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Felicities dad is Malcolm Merlyn. It's always Malcolm Merlyn.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Bad Moon posted:

John Diggle of Earth, you have shown the ability to drift at great speed. Welcome to the GreenBlack Driver Corps.

Fixed for you.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
BTW the Arrow Facebook Page has been putting up daily countdown mini-clips focused on individual characters (so far Merlyn, Felicity, and Roy have each had one), if you're desperate to see more footage of Wednesday's episode.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Eddain posted:

Judging by the cliffhanger Hong Kong flashback and Maseo being with the League, my bet is that Katana got fridged.

Not exactly

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

John Stewart Diggle

Gonna keep saying it until it happens.

I mean, it's perfect. You can even use Diggle's Black Driver history as the basis for taking Oliver on a healing road trip around the US!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Augh, playing through Lego Batman 3 to get to the Arrow DLC and it's taking forever whyyyy :argh:

I just want to team up Arrow and Flash on a mission :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Don't you start DLC from the main menu?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, you buy the content and you can play it straight away.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

You have failed this play through.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Uh, no? The game had a pop up at the main menu that said I could get to the DLC from the stage select in the Watchtower or Batcave. Then again I just started the game :v:

(On Steam btw)

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Well, uh, I'm glad I only just caught up on this show now and not a month ago :stare:

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Jackie D posted:

Well, uh, I'm glad I only just caught up on this show now and not a month ago :stare:

This is me too. I don't know anything about the comics, but being that the show is called Arrow and it's not being cancelled I can assume Oliver is alive. Can't wait to see how!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Valeyard posted:

Felicities dad is Malcolm Merlyn. It's always Malcolm Merlyn.

Felicity's dad is Robert Queen!

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.

sbaldrick posted:

Yeah but wait till we find out that Malcolm Merlyn is Robert Queen's dad.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

sbaldrick posted:

This was my hypothesis through half of season 2, but it was possibly disproven or simply made highly unlikely by her mom showing up and implying that Felicity's dad stuck around for a few years before ditching them.

Also, if both her parents were blond, wouldn't her having black hair be less likely?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Some Numbers posted:

This was my hypothesis through half of season 2, but it was possibly disproven or simply made highly unlikely by her mom showing up and implying that Felicity's dad stuck around for a few years before ditching them.

Also, if both her parents were blond, wouldn't her having black hair be less likely?

Her Mom could die her hair too. She is a vegas cocktail waitress.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

I assumed the black was hair dye, Goth phase and all.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Oracle posted:

I assumed the black was hair dye, Goth phase and all.

She mentioned in season 1 that she is not a natural blond. I assumed her natural color is black due to the flashback, but it could be neither blond nor raven-haired.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume her natural colour is whatever Emily's is.

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010
I'm pretty sure it's just a shade of brown. The black was almost definitely part of her late teenaged rebellion.

I am another one of the people who caught up on the show over the holidays. Wow.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
From an interview with Colton about what's next for Roy

quote:

What element of Roy from the comic books would you still love to play?

The drug aspect and the losing an arm. I think Roy's very emotional, and we're toying with that. He's toying with how he's going to cope with his deep issues. And I think that would be fun to do that kind of dark, edgy aspect of it.

:psyduck:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Losing one arm moves his horizontal center of balance allowing him to do flips easier.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Eddain posted:

The kid could be the tragedy.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Given how devoted this cast seems to be, I'm now a little bit worried that Colton Haynes might be planning some elective surgery. :ohdear:

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
I don't read the comics but i'm assuming if arsenal is still a super-hero he gets some kind of cloned arm / robot arm / telepathic hoverbow.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Given that we have Ray Palmer, I don't doubt that they could go down the "Roy loses an arm, gets a prosthetic one" that ends up being provided by Palmer personally.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Apparently the Lazarus Pits won't be used for Ollie? Seems weird.

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/19/stephen-amell-says-lazarus-pit-will-not-be-used-for-oliver-on-ar/

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

But he did confirm the existence of the Lazarus Pit, which is still kind of dope.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I would be much, much happier with them using the Lazarus Pit explanation than most other potential bullshit that they might use to explain a guy who was run through with a sword and thrown off a cliff surviving, but I shall wait and see what they end up going with.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
We'll see. TV writers and actors have flat-out lied so much about future plot developments in interviews, I don't pay attention to these things anymore.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

quote:

"We just saw him fall," Amell said when quizzed about how they might justify bringing his character back from the apparent dead on the show. "We’ve seen Oliver survive. So, [we don’t know] whether he went straight off the cliff, whether something broke his fall, whether he hit the ground. We have mystical herbs on the show that have healing powers. We’ve seen a Lazarus Pit, although that’s not something that’s going to be used for Oliver. I hope he survives. I like playing him."

I don't think it's the fall part that people are so hung up on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
To be fair, Oliver got stabbed in the chest as opposed to the heart, which in TV land might as well be a scratch if the writers want it to be. I could see him being recovered right after he fell and slowly nursed back to health with the stab wound being hand-waved away as "a very serious injury that almost killed you" or something similar. I mean, it'd feel pretty cheap to just have Oliver recover from a fight to the death with Ras by putting some scooby-doo bandaids on his wounds and having him take some magic flintstones vitamins, but it certainly isn't unthinkable.

Still, my money's on that quote from Amell being simple misdirection or maybe some kind of technically correct thing where he isn't just dunked in it but gets healed/revived by it anyway.

• Locked thread