Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Taxes are one of those things you pay other people to do for you, like driving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

She should have gone to Hauptschule instead. They have classes on household budgets and cooking there. You even get to learn how to build a lovely bookshelf. Also, typing classes for everyone!

It doesn't matter who you are, what you did or where you come from, poor people school takes everyone. No questions asked!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Fun German tax fact: Due to the Gebot der Totalgewinnidentitäts even a tax class soley focussed on regular employees would require an entry lesson into business accounting and the structure of balance sheets.

You still sure you don't want to do copy those poem interpretations from the internet? :smuggo:

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Poem Interpretations teach you to look at a text from multiple angles and analyze the context in which it was written as well as looking at the effect the writer wanted to achieve. This is a critical skill in a democracy, because it teaches you how you can tell what PEGIDA actually means when they talk about Asylbewerber.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Poetische Entwürdigung Gegenwärtig Immigrierter Durch Arschlöcher?

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

GaussianCopula posted:

... but also wants you to understand how evil cooperations are and tries to indoctrinate you with his leftist agenda (I got a teacher to flip me off one time because I wouldn't budge in my convictions, ahh those were the days)

:golfclap:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Nord-Europäische Ordnung, Nicht Anschluss Zu Islam/Scharia

Mightypeon
Oct 10, 2013

Putin apologist- assume all uncited claims are from Russia Today or directly from FSB.

key phrases: Poor plucky little Russia, Spheres of influence, The West is Worse, they was asking for it.
I would actually believe that a islamist style attack on Pegida is credible. The Cui Bono for the islamists is certainly there.
This would strengthen Pegida a lot, likely leading to changes that make Germany a lot less appealing to Muslims, and thus create new recruits and also degrade Germanys ability to win a war of ideas against the Takfiris.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
A successful major islamist attack on PEGIDA would be, besides for any direct suffering, an absolute political nightmare, and a really smart move for islamists.

It would be extremely devastating for moderate muslim (and non-muslim, arab/turkish immigrant) majorities, I am sure.

I might even go to a (respectful) pro-free speech rally in support of PEGIDA. Like, I may not agree with your racism, but I'll defend to ... well, you get what I mean.

One murdered PEGIDA supporter would probably do much more to damage the left than Breivik did to damage the right.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Cingulate posted:

One murdered PEGIDA supporter would probably do much more to damage the left than Breivik did to damage the right.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Cingulate posted:

Worrying but true.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
How about one murdered Ethiopian muslim?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Could some kind soul please go to the pegida twitter and mention that they are going to have a package with bacon in their pocket during the next protest march? Also, be really smug about using Muslim fanaticism against the Muslims themselves.

I think there is some potential here. Maybe even "retard in a bacon armor suit on national TV"-potential.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

ArchangeI posted:

Poem Interpretations teach you to look at a text from multiple angles and analyze the context in which it was written as well as looking at the effect the writer wanted to achieve. This is a critical skill in a democracy, because it teaches you how you can tell what PEGIDA actually means when they talk about Asylbewerber.
The problem is that half hearted Gedichtanalyse degenerates into rote pattern matching and waffling about "on one hand... but on the other hand", which is sufficient for a grade 2 (at least it was at my school :v:).

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

and could the homosexuals shut up already.

Wait, what's this about? Not that I'd be surprised to learn PEGIDA's homophobic but that's the first time I heard about it.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

a cartoon duck posted:

Wait, what's this about? Not that I'd be surprised to learn PEGIDA's homophobic but that's the first time I heard about it.

Edathy, I guess.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

blowfish posted:

The problem is that half hearted Gedichtanalyse degenerates into rote pattern matching and waffling about "on one hand... but on the other hand", which is sufficient for a grade 2 (at least it was at my school :v:).

The same basically applies for any method if it's applied half-heartedly, though. The solution is to introduce annual medical check-ups for teachers to see if their heart is still in one piece.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/toter-asylbewerber-in-dresden-kriminalbeamte-beschimpfen-gruenen-politiker-volker-beck/11253036.html

quote:

Beck erhielt allerdings auch Post von einem Polizeibeamten aus der Oberlausitz, in der sich dieser "in tiefer Verachtung" darüber beklagt, dass sich der Grüne "als außenstehender Spinner in innersächsische Belange" einmische. In dem Schreiben, das dem Tagesspiegel vorliegt, schreibt der Polizist, er wolle ein fremdenfeindliches Delikt nicht ausschließen, aber: "In der Regel treten und schlagen rechtsradikale Straftäter jemanden zu Tode. Es ist relativ selten, dass sie jemand ,abstechen'. Dies ist atypisch und in der Regel eher typischer für Personen, die nicht dem mitteleuropäischen oder nordeuropäischen Kulturkreis angehören. In der Regel sind Südeuropäer und fremdländische Personen wie man so sagt ,schnell beim Messer'."
:allears:

a cartoon duck posted:

Every time there's an article about homosexuality anywhere you can count on some chucklefuck in the comments asking if it's really necessary for gay people to remind him that they exist, and it's practically censorship that homosexuals have parades but heterosexuals don't, and so on and so on, and I guarantee you that guy's at every PEGIDA rally by similarity of the argument structure alone.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

gently caress the police. Looks like they learned nothing from the NSU events.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

quote:

Funfact: der BDK spricht von Ermittlungen - gäbe es die tatsächlich, wären sie vor Aufhebung der Immunität rechtswidrig, gäbe es sie noch nicht, würde der BDK eine falsche Tatsachenbehauptung verbreiten und womöglich selbst damit die Voraussetzungen des § 186 StGB (üble Nachrede) erfüllen.

Considering that Beck doesn't seem to be aware that immunity as pertaining to investigations gets lifted by default at the start of each legislative period, I sympathize with the guy who told him he doesn't know poo poo about investigative procedurse and criminal law. :colbert:

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

My Lovely Horse posted:

Every time there's an article about homosexuality anywhere you can count on some chucklefuck in the comments asking if it's really necessary for gay people to remind him that they exist, and it's practically censorship that homosexuals have parades but heterosexuals don't, and so on and so on, and I guarantee you that guy's at every PEGIDA rally by similarity of the argument structure alone.
I'd be quite surprised if they weren't a bunch of homophobes, but for now, I don't see it as being a part of their explicit message.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah, fair enough, I was really going more on what I understand their message to be ("any comment section" basically).

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Randler posted:

Considering that Beck doesn't seem to be aware that immunity as pertaining to investigations gets lifted by default at the start of each legislative period, I sympathize with the guy who told him he doesn't know poo poo about investigative procedurse and criminal law. :colbert:

That doesn't change the fact that the police et al. have a disgusting tendency of blaming crimes by nazis and other scum on foreigners. See NSU.

This alone sounds suspicious:

quote:

Die Polizei behauptete zunächst, sie habe "keine Anhaltspunkte auf Fremdeinwirkung". Das stellte sich als falsch heraus. Der junge Eritreer starb, wie die Staatsanwaltschaft schließlich mitteilte, durch mehrere Messerstiche in Hals und Brust.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

PEGIDA is a bunch of regressives. I would love to see some flaming gay people and people with anti-Christian caricatures join their protests. If they are so pro-Western, pro-enlightenment values they should welcome them with open arms.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Right... about 280-500 people are killed each year in Germany. The NSU killed 10 (thats ten) people in 7 years which makes them responsible for 0.3 percent of all murders in that timespan. Call me crazy but thats not really a high percentage and should inform every investigation.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GaussianCopula posted:

Right... about 280-500 people are killed each year in Germany. The NSU killed 10 (thats ten) people in 7 years which makes them responsible for 0.3 percent of all murders in that timespan. Call me crazy but thats not really a high percentage and should inform every investigation.
I also think it's far from given this was a racist hate crime. But the whole "knives you see, that's just how swarthy southerners are" line is bad bad bad.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

This alone sounds suspicious:
Oh yeah, that's the best thing:

quote:

Der Dresdner Polizeichef Dieter Kroll erläuterte im Innenausschuss des sächsischen Landtages, die Ermittler hätten aufgrund der Verletzungen des 20 Jahren alten Mannes aus Eritrea auf einen offenen Schlüsselbeinbruch als Todesursache geschlossen.
http://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/erstochener-asylbewerber-khaled-i-hakenkreuze-an-der-tuer-des-opfers/11233792.html

"This guy lying dead in a pool of blood? Open clavicle fracture. I'm sure he came by that entirely by accident. Look, we're busy people and we have more cases. Just yesterday someone's gun went off while he cleaned it, with both hands tied behind his back. Contortionist, obviously. Tough guy, too. It went off twice. If he'd sought proper medical attention after the first shot he could still be alive!"

It's what gets me about the Oberlausitzer expert on murder methods too: the entire thing isn't even about who killed him yet, and his first instinct is to deflect blame from the right.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Cingulate posted:

I also think it's far from given this was a racist hate crime. But the whole "knives you see, that's just how swarthy southerners are" line is bad bad bad.

Many of the victims of the NSU were believed to be members of the Turkish mafia killed by other Turkish mafia members. Foreigners are suspicious and likely to be violent criminals after all.

These two things taken together aren't painting a pretty picture of the German police force. And, of course, the most important thing is to protect each other. No cop could ever do a bad thing. Saying otherwise has to be punished.

My Lovely Horse posted:

It's what gets me about the Oberlausitzer expert on murder methods too: the entire thing isn't even about who killed him yet, and his first instinct is to deflect blame from the right.

Yeah, this.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Many of the victims of the NSU were believed to be members of the Turkish mafia killed by other Turkish mafia members. Foreigners are suspicious and likely to be violent criminals after all.

These two things taken together aren't painting a pretty picture of the German police force. And, of course, the most important thing is to protect each other. No cop could ever do a bad thing. Saying otherwise has to be punished.

Yeah, this.

I would expect the police to start their investigation methodically, starting with the most probable angle, which probably is organized crime. Depending on your source there are between 57 and 184 (graphic) people murdered because of right-wing extremism but about 13.000 (thats thirteen thousand) people murdered since reunification. It's simply very, very unlikely that a person that was murdered was murdered by Nazis today

We should celebrate that the police does not start murder investigations by looking at Nazis, because the reason they dont is that there are not that many Nazi-murderers, which is GREAT!

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

PEGIDA is a bunch of regressives. I would love to see some flaming gay people and people with anti-Christian caricatures join their protests. If they are so pro-Western, pro-enlightenment values they should welcome them with open arms.

Yeah. No matter how many somewhat educated people join them, they're not idiots. Having gone to a Gymnasium or having a Diplom doesn't mean you can't be a stupid rear end in a top hat.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GaussianCopula posted:

I would expect the police to start their investigation methodically, starting with the most probable angle, which probably is organized crime. Depending on your source there are between 57 and 184 (graphic) people murdered because of right-wing extremism but about 13.000 (thats thirteen thousand) people murdered since reunification. It's simply very, very unlikely that a person that was murdered was murdered by Nazis today

We should celebrate that the police does not start murder investigations by looking at Nazis, because the reason they dont is that there are not that many Nazi-murderers, which is GREAT!
I don't think Gutmenschen are primarily concerned about racist hate crime murders, it's not 1938 anymore - and yes, I too don't think this looks like a prototypical right-wing murder. It's more that the police seemingly doesn't take this murder, whatever it may have come from, as serious as every. single. murder should be treated.

Besides for that, while you're statistically correct that for every single given murder, it's unlikely the killer had a swastika tattoo, downplaying violent right-wing extremism has proved itself to not be a good idea again and again. Seriously, what you're saying right now is "only ~100 people were murdered, that's not that bad".

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Cingulate posted:

Besides for that, while you're statistically correct that for every single given murder, it's unlikely the killer had a swastika tattoo, downplaying violent right-wing extremism has proved itself to not be a good idea again and again. Seriously, what you're saying right now is "only ~100 people were murdered, that's not that bad".

I'm saying "only about 1% of murderer have swastika tattoo, it's okay for the police to not start every investigation by looking for a murderer that has a swastika tattoo".

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Hey GaussianCopula, what's the % of murders committed by Nazis in cases where the victim is non-white and the perpetrator isn't immediately obvious (like say, a crime of passion with no attempt to hide it or w/e). Being specific like this is the only way your numbers aren't totally bullshit. Is the number high enough yet that dismissing it as a possibility is dumb yet? Methodical my rear end.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GaussianCopula posted:

I'm saying "only about 1% of murderer have swastika tattoo, it's okay for the police to not start every investigation by looking for a murderer that has a swastika tattoo".
Two questions. First, who do you think demands the following: 'Every murder whatsoever should start on the assumptionof a racist hate crime'? Second, what's the name of the fallacy you have committed here?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

GaussianCopula posted:

Given how this investigation started, a lot of people have serious doubts that this will ever move past the "stabby foreigners" angle. It certainly didn't with the NSU murders. Do you really not see how never investigating Germans in immigrant murder cases might be slightly problematic? Also, context matters here. There was no mass anti-immigrant movement parading through the streets a year ago, the situation is different now.

But even more important, when writing an open letter to Kurt Beck you say things like "there is currently no evidence suggesting a political motive". You DO NOT say things like "Southerners are more the stabby kind of people, so we are looking into them first". This guy is pants-on-head retarded and he is allowed to wear a gun. Very problematic.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Should also go eat döners after the protest to show their willingness to moderates. :allears:

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

waitwhatno posted:

Given how this investigation started, a lot of people have serious doubts that this will ever move past the "stabby foreigners" angle. It certainly didn't with the NSU murders. Do you really not see how never investigating Germans in immigrant murder cases might be slightly problematic? Also, context matters here. There was no mass anti-immigrant movement parading through the streets a year ago, the situation is different now.

But even more important, when writing an open letter to Kurt Beck you say things like "there is currently no evidence suggesting a political motive". You DO NOT say things like "Southerners are more the stabby kind of people, so we are looking into them first". This guy is pants-on-head retarded and he is allowed to wear a gun. Very problematic.
Volker Beck.

Enigma89 posted:

Should also go eat döners after the protest to show their willingness to moderates. :allears:
I'm fairly sure if I had turned out a racist by a combination of factors, I'd still be in support of foreigner food.
I'd be the kind of racist who'd support apartheid, not deportation. Let the dark-skinned people tend to our meals and sick, while we enjoy the good life! Just make sure to strike them down when they get uppity.

These scared, insecure racists we have today would have disgusted me.

Ah, I would have been a glorious racist.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Cingulate posted:

Volker Beck.

Who? I stand by my post. If you were, hypothetically, to write a letter to Kurt Beck you wouldn't say things like that. Don't know nothin about no Volker. :colbert:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

waitwhatno posted:

Who? I stand by my post. If you were, hypothetically, to write a letter to Kurt Beck you wouldn't say things like that. Don't know nothin about no Volker. :colbert:

Are you German? Just curious, I see you in every thread I post in :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

waitwhatno posted:

A guy, who works as policeman, wrote a letter to Volker Beck, in which he said worded stuff extremly stupid (I have no clue about the facts and if they are valid, but let's just assume they are stupid as well) which Beck than gave to the Tagesspiegel to point proof his point of "police bad".

The police unit that is investigating the murder asked for support from a special center for right-wing violence and there is no hint that they are "blind on the right eye". I have not seen the corpse and therefore I have no idea how stupid it was to believe that it was an open clavical fracture, but thinking about it, it might be not so idiotic depending on the location of the wound. I mean who stabs people in the shoulder area? It's also important to note that the reason they have an autopsy is to find such errors.