Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I had my fun so you can't complain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

eviljimmy posted:

I like this game, I have 168 hours on it

haha what a clown!!!

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Stuntwaffle, what happened?
I thought you and the norn were bros.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!

Rrussom posted:

Stuntwaffle, what happened?
I thought you and the norn were bros.

I'm a twisted psychopath, Norn knows this

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

stuntwaffle posted:

Starbound - it's poo poo, it's gay, it's loving retarded and, well, some people like that sort of thing. So much, in fact, they will work for the company that makes it and get buttmad when they fall flat on their face while trying to handwave away the fact that

Starbound - it's poo poo, it's gay, it's loving retarded

Ok thanks it's makes more sense now!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Is that gay as in a pejorative sense because you know it does have alpacas

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Jackard posted:

I'm gay

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

eviljimmy posted:

Jesus christ you guys are terrible.

I agree completely, but you're pissing into the wind. It's been nothing but poo poo posting and recycled 'jokes' for months, and the mods seem to tacitly approve.

ubachung fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 19, 2015

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There isn't really much to talk about, the unstable update is rubbish and there's been nothing since then.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ubachung posted:

I agree completely, but you're pissing into the wind. It's been nothing but poo poo posting and recycled jokes for months, and the mods seem to tacitly approve.

I for one think it's appropriate for the mods to (silently) approve of poo poo posting for games that are obviously awful and/or have become jokes among the community.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

ubachung posted:

I agree completely, but you're pissing into the wind. It's been nothing but poo poo posting and recycled jokes for months, and the mods seem to tacitly approve.

it's a good thing we have you to let us know

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

TheSpookyDanger posted:

it's a good thing we have you to let us know

I just want to help you overcome your delusions of adequacy.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I reinstalled this. Steam shows that the last time I played it was exactly one year ago. Is there a master list somewhere that shows all the changes that have happened since then? If not, can someone give a brief summary?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jackard posted:

Alpacas are straight as hell, there's even an extremely straight alpaca dating sim

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

it is something unpredictable but in the end is right

I hope you had the time of your life

Chucklefishe closes doors Q1 2015

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

enraged_camel posted:

I reinstalled this. Steam shows that the last time I played it was exactly one year ago. Is there a master list somewhere that shows all the changes that have happened since then? If not, can someone give a brief summary?

stuntwaffle posted:

Starbound - it's poo poo, it's gay, it's loving retarded

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

ubachung posted:

I agree completely, but you're pissing into the wind. It's been nothing but poo poo posting and recycled 'jokes' for months, and the mods seem to tacitly approve.
Go ahead then and make the good posts. Now I seriously want to see them

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

enraged_camel posted:

There were a few months of minor changes that were mainly negatively received.

Then Chucklefish moved to London and the game has not been updated since April.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Ahundredbux posted:

I had my fun so you can't complain

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

guys i just realized talking poo poo is wrong

guys

guys this changes everything, i'm going to go spread the good word in GBS

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

Tin Tim posted:

Go ahead then and make the good posts. Now I seriously want to see them

In the absence of 'good' posts I'd prefer no posts at all. Instead we get this thread, a shining example of goon humour.

I'm also unsure why you would expect anyone in this thread to make a 'good' post. Why bother when you can poo poo and run to the adulation of literally several goons.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

ubachung posted:

In the absence of 'good' posts I'd prefer no posts at all. Instead we get this thread, a shining example of goon humour.

I'm also unsure why you would expect anyone in this thread to make a 'good' post. Why bother when you can poo poo and run to the adulation of literally several goons.

i can't decide if I wanna reply with just :cry:

or telling you to read any other thread if it hurts you so much to read people making posts you don't like about your little video game

or the utter idiocy that is you complaining about no good posts and then refusing to make good posts because of ~ reasons ~

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we went over this in the archeage thread, we've been over it in this thread, the star citizen thread, the eve thread, and practically any game where there is any controversy on whether it is 'good' or not

its okay to post negative things about the game, and all you have to do is post positive things about it if you like it

you can give them a ribbing about how mad they are about video games and they will give you a ribbing about how you are a white knight for a video game

just remember, these are video games and even if I or another person makes fun of you, its not for real

dont take things personal when people make fun of you, i certainly dont, this is a comedy forum

if i met some of you irl id think you were probably ok people, even if i disagree with you about a video game on a paywall message board

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Afraid of Audio posted:

There were a few months of minor changes that were mainly negatively received.

Then Chucklefish moved to London and the game has not been updated since April.

Welp, that sucks. I guess it's time to uninstall..

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ubachung posted:

also nobody ever congratulated me when i was a kid and i pooped, i realize everyone poops

makes u think

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

i want this for my epitath

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

Alpacas are straight as hell, there's even an extremely straight alpaca dating sim
Someone buy me this

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

ubachung posted:

Ah yes. The good ol say how a thing is bad so that you can feel smug and smart while you're not adding anything yourself because that would be a waste of time since things are so bad already. And it's certainly not due to the fact that there is nothing good to talk about anymore, nope. It's all our fault because we have ruined this fine thread. Your posts in this thread have zero value, because each one repeats the "Y'all are terrible" litany. And now you're saying the awful posters are at fault for repeating the same posts? You must be dense to not see the irony in that. The other posts at least have a chance to get a laugh out of someone on this earth, while yours are just whining about that.

I think it's not us who are the monsters here, pal

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also i have a feeling most people bought this game, got their enjoyment out of it, and went on to other things without ever really making a post about it

the people who have a strong feeling one way or the other about it are the only ones who really post, so thats why you don't see "yea this is a fun game I wish they'd do X"

you get "gently caress THIS GAME IS A BAG OF DICKS" or "SHUT UP THE UPDATE IS COMING SOON ITS JUST FINE"

like, what posts do you expect

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

TheSpookyDanger posted:

the utter idiocy that is you complaining about no good posts and then refusing to make good posts because of ~ reasons ~
This one gets it :respek:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Welcome to this, the No Fun Zone

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!

ubachung posted:

:suezo:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Eonwe posted:

also i have a feeling most people bought this game, got their enjoyment out of it, and went on to other things without ever really making a post about it

the people who have a strong feeling one way or the other about it are the only ones who really post, so thats why you don't see "yea this is a fun game I wish they'd do X"

you get "gently caress THIS GAME IS A BAG OF DICKS" or "SHUT UP THE UPDATE IS COMING SOON ITS JUST FINE"

like, what posts do you expect

I just find it funny, personally.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

ubachung posted:

In the absence of 'good' posts I'd prefer no posts at all.

you first

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
So does this game have a release date or did they take the money and run?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

neither

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Ok so it's in magic early access limbo where you're not allowed to say it's a bad game never coming out. Gotcha.

• Locked thread