Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
It has USB ports! And Animal Crossing supported USB keyboards.

But that is not a thing I would ever expect or really care for Nintendo to do, especially for a digital port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The Machine posted:

Metroid Prime would totally work with traditional FPS controls.

lol

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Oh yeah, I played Galaxy 2 for the first time today. I've never previously played a Galaxy game (I really do need to find the first one pre-used, though now I'm tempted to wait on it being put on the eshop), so its kinda interesting to experience. Mario have definitive 'health' again, the motion controls, the (seeming) lack of a run button, the expansive level design. The aesthetic is almost stunning in a way - it looks really good for a game that was on outdated hardware at the time of its release, nevermind a generation later on a TV meant for over 2x the original resolution. I gotta admit, I think I like the colour palette and general style more than that of 3D World. It just feels... more vivid, somehow, even though 3D World almost certainly has more advanced lighting going for it.

Oh, and of course, that soundtrack. Bliss.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Yea I'm really looking forward to play it again, maybe I'll finish this time.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

I thought they were just adding in the Kratos fight, what else are they including?

They mentioned stuff like challenge mode but now that I read it more closely that stuff will probably come to all platforms if they're patching them. Uh twitch tv support is PSN exclusive I guess ?

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

They mentioned stuff like challenge mode but now that I read it more closely that stuff will probably come to all platforms if they're patching them. Uh twitch tv support is PSN exclusive I guess ?

Who cares now that steam has built in broadcast features.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The only time I had trouble with Shovel Knight was in NG+ when I got to the boss rush with 0 magic and died like 30 times before managing it. It made watching AGDQ hard even though they were only playing it on normal

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Does buying Mario Galaxy 2 digitally give you Club Nintendo points?

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
https://sites.google.com/site/wiinupro/news/wiinusoftreleased

For anyone interested you can use your Wii U controllers for Xinput in Windows.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nintendo still attaches digital purchases to a console and not the user right? So if I bought one off Craigslist with some games on it there wouldn't be an issue with making a new account?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it depends if they put a nintendo id on it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SeANMcBAY posted:

Does buying Mario Galaxy 2 digitally give you Club Nintendo points?

Yes.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
How often does the Refurb Wii U tend to restock on Nintendo's site?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Do we know if Splatoon will support Wiimote+ and Nunchuk? Gyro controls are great and all, but I need the pointer.

We don't but I seem to recall the devs at E3 didn't really seem into it.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
Buying a Wii U this week and was pleasantly surprised to see that Nintendo sells codes online for games, so I was able to snag Super Mario Galaxy 2 for 10 bucks!

Pretty excited to get this so my girlfriend and I can binge-play Super Mario 3D World and other fun coop and party games.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Stumpalitious posted:

Buying a Wii U this week and was pleasantly surprised to see that Nintendo sells codes online for games

Could someone tell me more about this? I didn't know you could buy Nintendo codes. Could you use this to gift a game to someone sorta?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Kaubocks posted:

Could someone tell me more about this? I didn't know you could buy Nintendo codes. Could you use this to gift a game to someone sorta?

You can "Buy Digital" on this site and they just give you a code instead of instantly tying it to your NNID. http://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guide

I think it's only an option on Nintendo games, not 3rd party ones. You can do whatever you want with the code.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

elf help book posted:

You can "Buy Digital" on this site and they just give you a code instead of instantly tying it to your NNID. http://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guide

I think it's only an option on Nintendo games, not 3rd party ones. You can do whatever you want with the code.

Ah, neat. useful to know if there's ever an odd game I want to gift someone. Thanks!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
by the way, wrt shovel knight: propeller knight's stage owns, don't let anyone sell you the lie that it's bad and poison that experience for you

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

I've heard that Gamespot in the states supposedly sells some eShop games as prepaid codes. Anyone tried redeeming one of these on a Canadian eShop account? Should be fine regionwise right?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
US codes don't work on Canadian accounts or vice-versa but you can set up a second profile on your Wii U with the country set to US and redeem them that way.

EDIT: for those who don't know, GAME UK has been selling download codes for a while and they're routinely cheaper than buying direct from the eShop.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

All the character portraits have big stereoscopic bulges on 3DS.

Swapnote?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I actually missed the waggle spin jump extender when playing Mario 3D World. Luckily they gave Rosalina that move!!

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Quest For Glory II posted:

I actually missed the waggle spin jump extender when playing Mario 3D World. Luckily they gave Rosalina that move!!

Unlocking Rosalina was really cool and I enjoyed it a lot. Rosalina may be my favorite new Mario character.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Unlocking Rosalina was really cool and I enjoyed it a lot. Rosalina may be my favorite new Mario character.

Don't let that guy who was ordered thousands of dollars of Rosalina figures to make sure people who like her never get her Amiibo hear that or he'll have an melt down

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Don't let that guy who was ordered thousands of dollars of Rosalina figures to make sure people who like her never get her Amiibo hear that or he'll have an melt down

That guy is my personal hero.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Wait what.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I thought that turned out to be fake, and a lie.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Dr. VooDoo posted:

that was me

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
So I bought a WiiU with the excuse that my cousin's kids will play it when they visit. What are some good exclusive games an adult(me) would enjoy?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

natetimm posted:

So I bought a WiiU with the excuse that my cousin's kids will play it when they visit. What are some good exclusive games an adult(me) would enjoy?

Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros., Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors...the Wii U has a lot of games.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
I would recommend Super Metroid from the Virtual Console.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

natetimm posted:

All of them except the ones you can get on other consoles (save for Rayman Legends)

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Supercar Gautier posted:

I thought that turned out to be fake, and a lie.

Can somebody please confirm whether mean Rosalina Scrooge is real life

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I gotta say, as much as I would love to see another Prime game on WiiU, that would probably mean any 2D game we'd get would go to the 3DS which would be a shame. Could you imagine going through a Super Metroid style Norfair and fighting Kraid all in 1080? Christ, has it really been so long since our last 2D metroid game?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

natetimm posted:

noirstronaut posted:

All of them except the ones you can get on other consoles (save for Rayman Legends)

Careful, Sonic Boom's an exclusive too.

But yeah, in general the Wii U catalogue is good. Bandai Namco is doing a sale atm if you need to fill out your library for cheap, and the first couple Wii games are coming out - Super Mario Galaxy 2 being the first.

This is also where I make the obligatory Wonderful 101 recommendation, with the caveat that it is nevertheless a platinum game and that it'd be highly advisable checking out Chip and Ironicus' Let's Play in order to get a grip, assuming it proves tricky.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

Austrian mook posted:

I gotta say, as much as I would love to see another Prime game on WiiU, that would probably mean any 2D game we'd get would go to the 3DS which would be a shame. Could you imagine going through a Super Metroid style Norfair and fighting Kraid all in 1080? Christ, has it really been so long since our last 2D metroid game?

thats all i want out of nintendo for ding dang, dong, sake.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I went to Target dot com and they say the Rosalina Amiibo is not sold in stores. Are they for real? There is a preorder button but clicking on it does no good.

I just assumed it would be sold in stores. You can't seriously tell me it will not be in stores and all Rosalina Amiibos have already been preordered? Please say that isn't so! :cry:

edit: So I can still get one? Will they only be found on Target dot com and not in person? I prefer buying in person darn it!

Spectacle Rock fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 20, 2015

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It isn't released yet, that's why it says that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
So, someone of the organisers behind APEX (a fighting game tournament that Nintendo's sponsoring this year) have been hinting that Splatoon is gonna be playable at this year's event (Jan 30-Feb 1).

Japan is getting a public Splatoon event on the same weekend, which will be streamed on NND.

• Locked thread