Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Does anyone have a link for proof on the Chris Kyle/Katrina and the carjack that it was falsified?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Re: the last page or two: Rand would never even come close to the presidency unless everyone on both sides agrees to debates lasting no longer than 4 minutes 59 seconds.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Zeitgueist posted:

The most common issue I'm aware of involving transgender people and restrooms is transwomen getting beaten up.

Supposedly there was a single incident of one dude creeping on women in a homeless shelter's bathroom that's trotted out every time a Duggar is championing a bigoted law.

There was a transfemale person in Idaho that got banned from a grocery store. She used the women's bathroom but didn't sit down to pee causing other women to feel uncomfortable.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
They're not going to bite the hand that feeds them.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

My Face When posted:

Does anyone have a link for proof on the Chris Kyle/Katrina and the carjack that it was falsified?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...erican-history/

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well...maybe. Was it based on even one incident of a student feeling uncomfortable about it?

But yeah, I'm expecting the answer is no and it's about adults imagining sexy situations in school bathrooms.

I go to school in Missouri and I went to a presentation my campus' student resources office or whatever put on about transgender issues. The woman putting the presentation on told a story about a student throwing a fit and wanting someone arrested for being in the wrong bathroom. The school told to student to shove it because as far as the school was concerned the transgender student was perfectly within her right to use the women's bathroom.

So yes, I imagine it happens. I also like to imagine most universities would be like mine.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Thanks! Facebook just won't shut up.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

My Face When posted:

Thanks! Facebook just won't shut up.

might i recommend the 'unfollow' button

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I've seen those funnel things for women to pee standing up sold by camping goods companies. I always used to think they were frivolous and yet without fail about 2 times a year in my college days I found myself sqatting behind a dumpster to pee. We should solve transphobia by getting one for every woman so we can all pee standing up.

Looks like official serious people believe that we are now in the midst of an attempt to shift the overton window left:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/19/upshot/obamas-tax-proposal-is-really-about-shaping-the-democratic-party-after-obama.html?abt=0002&abg=1

I don't see it working out until all the cold warriors die out, but at least they're making a token gesture. I guess the nice thing is finally some dems are doing what we've wanted them to do years ago.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
STOP!...... Walker time.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Republicans have found one weird trick to fight Obama's imperial monarchy. Presidents hate it!

quote:

GOP lawmakers plan to employ the seldom-used Congressional Review Act (CRA), which gives lawmakers the power to formally disapprove of major agency rules, as they seek to ratchet up their attacks on federal red tape....

“That’s why I, along with about 40 Republican co-sponsors ... intend to file a resolution of disapproval under the Congressional Review Act to ensure a vote to stop this devastating rule,” he said at the time.

While Obama can and likely will veto any efforts to undo regulations through the CRA, the threats carry more weight now that Republicans control both chambers of Congress....

Lawmakers have only struck down one rule under the Congressional Review Act in 43 attempts, according to the Government Accountability Office. In 2001, Republicans repealed the Clinton administration's controversial ergonomics rule aimed at curbing workplace injuries.

The window for action under the CRA is short; the law can only be used against a regulation in the first 60 days after it is enacted. But the disapproval resolutions cannot be filibustered, which means Republicans would only need a simple majority in both chambers to pass them.

He can take our lives, but he can never take our.... workplace injuries!!! :scotland: :corsair:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

ufarn posted:

A new MLK speech has been unearthed. It's powerful:

Yeah it's good:

MLK posted:

While living with the conditions of slavery and then, later, segregation, many Negroes lost faith in themselves. Many came to feel that perhaps they were less than human. Many came to feel that they were inferior. This, it seems to me, is the greatest tragedy of slavery, the greatest tragedy of segregation, not merely what it does to the individual physically, but what it does to one psychologically. It scars the soul of the segregated as well as the segregator. It gives the segregator a false sense of superiority, while leaving the segregated with a false sense of inferiority. And this is exactly what happened.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Popular Thug Drink posted:

might i recommend the 'unfollow' button

I'm at the point. I only have the drat thing to keep up with my mom and pictures. I think I may just keep the phone alive.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

So it basically makes them put their votes where their mouths are when it comes to stuff like marriage benefits and deporting kids?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

My Face When posted:

Well there's a WaPo article that discusses how there is literally no evidence for either fanciful story, but additional evidence is the fact that it came out of Chris Kyle's mouth.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Joementum posted:

STOP!...... Walker time.

All I could think of when I saw this photo
:nws: http://youtu.be/Ztbv10qbkD0?t=33s :nws:

EDIT: come to think of it Lil John's lyrics are a good approximation of Walker's and the Koch's relationship

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

SedanChair posted:

Well there's a WaPo article that discusses how there is literally no evidence for either fanciful story, but additional evidence is the fact that it came out of Chris Kyle's mouth.

Yeah, agreed and I got the link.

Hooray tea party in the bible belt!

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

STOP!...... Walker time.

Clogging, waltzing and dancing to country and western are the only acceptable forms of dancing white people should be seen doing in public.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
Nobody looks good dancing while wearing a tie.

edit: ok, fine, a tie hanging loose

Hedera Helix fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 20, 2015

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Hedera Helix posted:

Nobody looks good dancing while wearing a tie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nEfuE8Pw4U

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6FmS5Co-j4

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

The thing that really gets me about this is that we're in the Era of the Super-PAC. It would've been so freaking easy for D'Souza to instead funnel any money beyond the candidate donation limit through the NY Republican state party, or pass it to the RSCC with a wink and a nudge (illegal, but much harder to catch) or hand it to the relevant Super PAC or even start his own Super PAC (which I'm sure he could use to bilk rubes who watched his movie and pay himself a handsome salary). Like it would have been TRIVIAL for him to not get caught committing this crime, and yet here we are. I hate to channel MIGF on this, but there are enough loopholes in our campaign finance system that he could have tossed any amount of money into that race and not gotten caught, but instead he walked right into committing an obvious crime.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Farts are a hell of a drug

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

MaxxBot posted:

Yes of course, when you scratch below the surface of his political positions the more you look the uglier it gets. I just think that to a certain segment of young, white, mostly male voters his message resonates because they see him talking about things they care about but don't see many other politicians willing to bring up. The solution is to get more Democrats, the people who are supposed to be supporting this poo poo anyways, to stand up and say the same poo poo he is saying without the hidden conservative agenda behind it.

I guess I just see it differently. I see him appealing to the white male id. And who has a less controlled id than the young? It is racist on purpose and appeals because that racism, presented rationally, affirms their world view.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

AN INTERESTING PARALLEL: Dinesh D'Souza is a piece of poo poo and everything that comes out of his mouth is also poo poo.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Speaking of, Tumblr is trying to pass around the "MLK was assassinated by a government/Mafia conspiracy and it was PROVEN IN COURT" conspiracy theory now.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
On the trans stuff. I find it odd a republican would support giving tax payer money to someone who saw a trans in a bathroom. Remember how bad it was that lady got burned by mcdonalds coffee

Also I learned first hand taking my 70 year old dying cousin into the womens handicap stall at kaiser, security takes segregation of the bathrooms very seriously. Granted security wouldnt help her from the toliet to the wheel chair but gosh darn they made drat sure I wasnt gonna rape anyone in that bathroom.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the last night, "I hope win." ~ Mitt Romney, on what he'd do different in a 2016 campaign.

He is also concerned about global warming.

Joementum fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jan 20, 2015

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Joementum posted:

Quote of the last night, "I hope win." ~ Mitt Romney, on what he'd do different in a 2016 campaign.

badclimatechangejokelipbite.avi

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Joementum posted:

STOP!...... Walker time.

Is this a bunch of white people trying to twerk

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Alright, cooooooool. Not even 3 weeks in and we get the first of many "tragic" shootings that probably couldn't have been avoided: 9 month old gets domed by his 5 year old brother.

I can't wait to see this one shake out.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Phone posted:

Alright, cooooooool. Not even 3 weeks in and we get the first of many "tragic" shootings that probably couldn't have been avoided: 9 month old gets domed by his 5 year old brother.

I can't wait to see this one shake out.

We dunno. Did the 9 year old pick up a cigarette that wasn't his? Was he armed with the carpet?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

chitoryu12 posted:

Speaking of, Tumblr is trying to pass around the "MLK was assassinated by a government/Mafia conspiracy and it was PROVEN IN COURT" conspiracy theory now.

Given what happened to Fred Hampton and COINTELPRO it hardly seems as crazy as it might have. And the MLK family actually did have a civil suit a while ago where a group of jurors found that the US Government was complicit in it. Hardly the same thing as stone cold proof but technically not incorrect. :thumbsup:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ErIog posted:

We dunno. Did the 9 year old pick up a cigarette that wasn't his? Was he armed with the carpet?

Month old.

The mother called 911 saying that the 5 year old had used a paintball gun. I seriously don't know what the gently caress.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Joementum posted:

I'll never pass up an opportunity to post this.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ted Cruz thinks the GOP needs to work on its material.

quote:

“Would it kill Republicans to crack a joke?” he said. “I actually think for some Republicans it might. You know, lighten up a little. … So many Republicans run a Soviet-style campaign.”

I dunno Ted we've seen the candidate slate :groucho:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

zoux posted:

They'd crack a joke, but it'd be something offensive and everybody would just be staring is awestruck horror.

So yes, it would hurt Republicans to crack a joke.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

That'll catch the youth vote. Show them you can be funny like their Daily Program. Maybe towards the end the GOP can do a rip-rap highlighting their policies.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

They'd crack a joke, but it'd be something offensive and everybody would just be staring is awestruck horror.

So yes, it would hurt Republicans to crack a joke.
Basically this but unironically. The only jokes they know are offensive as all hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

chitoryu12 posted:

Yep, I got a text from my girlfriend last night asking if I knew about this. I felt kind of bad telling her how it was bunk since she's kinda gullible and I end up having to do that a lot but oh well.

Forget it, Font, it's Facebooktown.

zoux posted:

*tugs on shirt collar*

• Locked thread