Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

sbaldrick posted:

Now that I know this is a book I have to go look them up to read, thanks alot thread.

Jack Reacher was based on a book too. Read those first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Avshalom posted:

What I want to know is, who are the criminals faving and retweeting these?

I'd bet a decent portion of them aren't human.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Avshalom posted:

What I want to know is, who are the criminals faving and retweeting these?
At least half of Twitter is bots of some variety or other.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Will Asylum do a crappy* horror spoof called Mortdecay?

I am aware that "crappy" is redundant here.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

AKA The Dead Careers Society.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Stephen Baldwin had a career?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

"It is The Expendables meets RED..."
A future tag-line taken from an online review that isn't meant as a compliment and entices no one to buy the movie.

"They're getting too old for this poo poo"
The tag-line that should have been on there (it would work even if Danny Glover wasn't in it).

Edit: "They ain't dying of old age"
Pay me, movie studios.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jan 20, 2015

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

zVxTeflon posted:

I may give him too much credit for being in The Usual Suspects.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh my godness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6Sc-nj2NTU

I think that bit at the end is directed towards...us, you guys.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Danny Glover has a 'no standing' clause in all of his contracts.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

CelticPredator posted:

Oh my godness.

This is such a weirdly empty trailer. Like, it feels like things should be happening in it, but they're not. Is this an action movie with no action scenes?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

zVxTeflon posted:

He starred in one the finest movies of all time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EWikCCfHJw

VIVA LOS BIODOME

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

CelticPredator posted:

Oh my godness.

From the related videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwvCSfBQekI

I watched that twice and I have no idea what's going on with this film. Tom Jane looks like he wandered in from a set of a western while still playing the Punisher. Then there's Stallone as a painter or something? E from Entourage looking like a waxdoll. Nelly? Tom Berenger? A Self-help book? Terry Crews!? Even the way the cast is announced at the end was headache-inducing. Now I am tempted to browse through the whole list of those random trailers and wonder why these were ever made..

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

TetsuoTW posted:

At least half of Twitter is bots of some variety or other.

They purged a ton of them recently and a lot of people of various levels of fame lost thousands of followers, and made upset tweets about it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

I don't know, I just watched that on mute and skipped through most of it and I didn't see a problem. Seems like a really well-made student film

Oh Rutger :smith:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Stare-Out posted:

AKA The Dead Careers Society.

At least the names match up with the faces. I know the reasons they don't always and it still bothers me.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

This looks like a fake movie.

Also what the gently caress is Rutger Hauer doing at the 1:07 mark? It's like he's just fidgeting on the set, gotta jiggle that pouch around.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Skwirl posted:

He's got a weird version of Brad Pitt disease, where he's too handsome for his own good. They should both be character actors and perennial favorites for "Best Supporting Actor" awards, but for different reasons, aren't that good at being leading men.

This is just straight up retarded if you look at his body of work pre-pirates. He's a fantastic actor, one the best working right now, his career is just completely misguided at the moment.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Trump posted:

This is just straight up retarded if you look at his body of work pre-pirates. He's a fantastic actor, one the best working right now, his career is just completely misguided at the moment.

Naw, he's on the money. Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp are easily at their best when they get to do showy supporting roles that other character actors would do. They just happen to be super attractive so they play leads.

I'll take the Brad Pitt from 12 Monkeys/True Romance/Kalifornia any day of the week over Mr. & Mrs. Smith Brad Pitt.

This isn't saying that I dislike either actor. They've just both been pigeonholed into leading men status. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

But Ed Wood.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Do Assassination of Jesse James and Fight Club count as leading or supporting Pitt?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I'm not saying they can't also be great in lead roles. Just that if they weren't stuck doing those they'd be doing a lot more interesting work as character actors.

Also--and this is pretty much just with Depp--their natural inclination towards quirky characters overwhelms the movies, whereas if they were a supporting character it'd be pulled back a bit or at least take up less screentime.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LesterGroans posted:

Naw, he's on the money. Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp are easily at their best when they get to do showy supporting roles that other character actors would do. They just happen to be super attractive so they play leads.

I'll take the Brad Pitt from 12 Monkeys/True Romance/Kalifornia any day of the week over Mr. & Mrs. Smith Brad Pitt.

This isn't saying that I dislike either actor. They've just both been pigeonholed into leading men status. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I want to disagree with you because I loved Mr. and Mrs. Smith, but...

Snatch.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
I have no idea what I just found (besides Kyoon's homepage)

https://hollywoodsubliminals.wordpress.com/

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If I remember right, isn't Johnny Depp's predilection to quirky characters a response to his dislike of the teen heartthrob status he got during 21 Jump Street?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

kiimo posted:

I want to disagree with you because I loved Mr. and Mrs. Smith, but...

Snatch.

Hey, I really like it too, but...

Snatch.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Mr. and Mrs. Smith is like the perfect hollywood action movie.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Depp is also a huge fan of some UK sketch comedies (The Fast Show in particular, he even appeared in a sketch in their final episode) which is also probably why he's drawn to playing over-the-top, wacky characters. I personally like Depp but I agree he's definitely at his strongest playing against type and not so much as the quirky leading man character.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nckdictator posted:

Seems legit.

Trump posted:

I wasn't saying either of them were bad, just that they are amazing character actors that get cast as leads too often for their own good. Why the gently caress does a movie like The Mexican exist, if not for the fact a studio said "Hey, Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts are both really good looking people."

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

corn in the bible posted:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith is like the perfect hollywood action movie.

It's not a great movie, but the fight scene in the house is pretty great/iconic.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wait, Mr. and Mrs. Smith isn't terrible?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Skwirl posted:

I think it's a good date movie for a married couple. You got action for him, you got some romance for her, it's about rekindling the spark that ignited your marriage... Feels good.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Skwirl posted:

It is. This is the first I've heard otherwise.

I also don't understand the appeal of Angelina Jolie. She does not have the best track record with picking starring roles. But they mysteriously still make money, so she keeps getting work.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Waffleman_ posted:

If I remember right, isn't Johnny Depp's predilection to quirky characters a response to his dislike of the teen heartthrob status he got during 21 Jump Street?

Yeah, if memory serves he felt like he was becoming a product and actively went against that in his choice of roles. Ironically, it would eventually happen, just not in the way he expected.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nckdictator posted:

Aagh, why is this site so bizarrely comprehensive?

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

Nckdictator posted:

Well I'm convinced.

I know it's just because I'm trying to understand crazy person logic, but Illuminati stuff always frustrates me because nobody every explains why they would put this messaging out. Apparently Robocop is a movie where they're explaining their evil plans for the future, but their evil plan is portrayed in a negative light, so why did they make the movie and fill it with symbolism pointing back to them?

You gotta give your villains a clear motive or it just doesn't have the same impact.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Also the pyramid thing is not the Eye of Horus.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

Well I'm convinced.

I know it's just because I'm trying to understand crazy person logic, but Illuminati stuff always frustrates me because nobody every explains why they would put this messaging out. Apparently Robocop is a movie where they're explaining their evil plans for the future, but their evil plan is portrayed in a negative light, so why did they make the movie and fill it with symbolism pointing back to them?

You gotta give your villains a clear motive or it just doesn't have the same impact.

Why would they put out hints at all? If they're this big, secret group who wants to murder us all, why put any hints about it anywhere? Are they being ran by the loving Riddler or something?

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

Nckdictator posted:

This site has a link to buy a book called "Where Did The Towers Go?" which I can't believe isn't the title of a literal children's picture book a la "Will They Fly A Plane Into Our House?".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

TheJoker138 posted:

Why would they put out hints at all? If they're this big, secret group who wants to murder us all, why put any hints about it anywhere? Are they being ran by the loving Riddler or something?

As I recall, the logic crazy people use is that it's a subtle form of mind control. They hide their symbols in everything we consume, we subliminally take them in, so that when they finally turn up to lead the New World Order we just go 'oh, hey, yeah, they're legit'.