Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Berke Negri posted:

500 zen is about, oh, four or five days of dil conversion if you're turning in on 3 characters, depending what the rate is

That sounds about right, I didn't do much STO dil farming but I did questionite like a mofo for pretty doll dressup in Champ-O. And I can't wait to see how much of my old gear/game currency is useless on my old characters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Mods are accused of being dental cheerleaders

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1352791

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
It was totally a bug guys, no really!

quote:

Hello Captain,

Thank you for the screenshots and for attaching it to this ticket. Upon further investigation, it appears that it may be the result of a currently unknown bug. While we understand you would like us to be able to resolve your issue quickly, some issues require further development from departments outside our control and cannot be resolved by the CS and GM teams.

I would advise and encourage you to submit it as a bug report at the "Bug Reports" section of the forums. Please rest assured that the relevant teams work to resolve validated issues as quickly as possible.

:laffo:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Preechr posted:

Bet he deletes that ticket too. Better write a letter to the CEO like that guy who pretends to be a woman!

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Preechr posted:

A currently unknown bug affecting only preechr in gradual stages over several weeks...hmmm....story checks out.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Known Issues:

Modbot has become self-aware and is experiencing butt-hurt.

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

Acer Pilot posted:

Bet he deletes that ticket too. Better write a letter to the CEO like that guy who pretends to be a woman!

And then quit once you never get a reply back?

Lagomorphic posted:

Known Issues:

Modbot has become self-aware and is experiencing butt-hurt.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

They've been getting accused of this since day one of STO launch. Someone once threatened to sue Cryptic if they didn't remove all goons from the game.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

I said come in! posted:

They've been getting accused of this since day one of STO launch. Someone once threatened to sue Cryptic if they didn't remove all goons from the game.

Oldkhemaraa claimed he was going to hang out in front of the UC Berkeley law school asking up and coming lawyers to review his case against us. He also threatened to sue Cryptic in order to force them into releasing Dental members' private info.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
How long until I get rid of this turd starter ship?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mango sentinel posted:

You get a new ship every 10 levels, so pretty fast.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

And for your max tier ship, you probably can just grind out that anniversary event freebie ship once that becomes available.

Generally the freebie ships are pretty decent for endgame content.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

I said come in! posted:

You get a new ship every 10 levels, so pretty fast.

Awesome. I'm in game as Vyria@vriskachat if anyone wants to clear me for the chat channel.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

Protip: It's approximately 1000x times easier to buy a shuttle/runabout and do 1-10 in that instead.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mondian posted:

Protip: It's approximately 1000x times easier to buy a shuttle/runabout and do 1-10 in that instead.

Yeah this. Shuttles are seriously better than the Miranda by a TON. That's how poo poo starter ships are.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

DancingShade posted:

Yeah this. Shuttles are seriously better than the Miranda by a TON. That's how poo poo starter ships are.

Good to know that ship is actually awful instead of indicative of all ship combat.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

mango sentinel posted:

Awesome. I'm in game as Vyria@vriskachat if anyone wants to clear me for the chat channel.

You're in.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

mango sentinel posted:

Good to know that ship is actually awful instead of indicative of all ship combat.

Yeah, it doesn't help that at level 1 you basically have no skill points in anything space related so that's another lead anchor around your neck.

Leveling gets a ton better in the 10-20 range.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'm still sad that to this day they haven't added an option to admiralize your starter ship. Mirandas were in the original STF at Wolf 359, MY CANON :arghfist::byodood:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

McSpanky posted:

I'm still sad that to this day they haven't added an option to admiralize your starter ship. Mirandas were in the original STF at Wolf 359, MY CANON :arghfist::byodood:

CBS has a thing against TOS ships being endgame-viable; it took a lot of negotiating to get the Excelsior in there, apparently.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

McSpanky posted:

At least there are still Miranda-shaped ships that you can use at RA/VA.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MikeJF posted:

CBS has a thing against TOS ships being endgame-viable; it took a lot of negotiating to get the Excelsior in there, apparently.

Now that you mention it I remember a bunch of bizarre little concerns they had over the years about quasi-canonical notions like this. CBS is so fuckin' weird about this game, like it actually matters one whit to anyone worth listening to.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

McSpanky posted:

Now that you mention it I remember a bunch of bizarre little concerns they had over the years about quasi-canonical notions like this. CBS is so fuckin' weird about this game, like it actually matters one whit to anyone worth listening to.

After all these years they probably just want to get their angry mail pile down to a reasonable volume.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Yeah, one of the devs (Geko?) actually personally lobbied (begged) the people responsible for it at CBS until they gave in, and apparently it took a fair bit of effort that was only done because it was his personal favorite ship.

McSpanky posted:

To be honest, all rights holders for licensed games are very bizarre and restrictive, it's just usually less obvious for games that aren't getting regular content updates like MMOs. I can assure you that literally everything Cryptic adds to STO content-wise has to go through some lawyer at CBS, even if a lot of it gets rubber stamped. It's kind of understandable if you think about it, since the IPs of media companies are literally their entire business, and they don't want products that go against the branding.

Star Trek is an extra special case since the rights are split between CBS and Paramount. There's a bit more to it than this, but basically CBS has the television show material and Paramount has the movie material, with TOS kind of shared between them. It's why we haven't seen anything from JJTrek in STO yet (outside of blatant ripoffs like the Avenger, or strange loopholes like the Tal Shiar destroyer/Narada), and I have a strong suspicion that CBS is trying to focus their brand on TNG and the other series they have a better claim to while downplaying TOS material. In the case of the STO Excelsior, I suspect CBS only gave in about allowing it to be endgame-viable because it was seen onscreen at a few points in TNG and DS9.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

At this point, I think CBS is probably just happy anyone is still paying them (instead of Paramount) for Star Trek licensing.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Its always mildly amusing to me that there is some suit at CBS whose only job is determining canon authenticity in STO.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Asimo posted:

Yeah, one of the devs (Geko?) actually personally lobbied (begged) the people responsible for it at CBS until they gave in, and apparently it took a fair bit of effort that was only done because it was his personal favorite ship.

The bolded is...notable. Consider the thing's layout. It was one of the only 'Pure' cruisers to have access to Attack Pattern Omega for a very long time.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

is contra farming still dead

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

is contra farming still dead

If you mean Mars farming, then yeah that's dead for good.

Bobatron
May 12, 2007

let me tell you of a
place called Cylesborgia,
where robosexuals and
lesbians live together
in harmony :roboluv:
I thought I'd give this game a try. Would you please activate Zydecco@bobatron42

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Bobatron posted:

I thought I'd give this game a try. Would you please activate Zydecco@bobatron42

You're in.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I wish there'd been a recording of preech and pulse crushing the spirit of those guys on twitch last night.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

When does the anniversary start? And what's the reward, a kobali ship?

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Since there's nothing in today's patch, probably next Thursday. It's probably a big patch, so they might push it up to Tuesday, but they haven't said anything concrete yet. I think they said the anniversary was coming this month, but they could push to the first week in February.

Based on the devblogs posted so far, yes, it will be a Kobali cruiser. Since we're getting a new primary specialization, it'll probably be the first Command ship in the game.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Wizard of the Deep posted:

I think they said the anniversary was coming this month, but they could push to the first week in February.

Well considering the anniversary is February 2nd, that would be appropriate.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

DancingShade posted:

But how else is he going to run around in a PINK trimmed khan ship? :colbert:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Wizard of the Deep posted:

Based on the devblogs posted so far, yes, it will be a Kobali cruiser. Since we're getting a new primary specialization, it'll probably be the first Command ship in the game.
It'll probably be released alongside some Vaadwuar mystery lockbox ships. And yeah, definitely next week, they announced the Delta box retirement.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9063273

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh hey, new tribble patch! With massive needs to CCA, the only space queue pubbies still do. :toot:

20% less marks or so, the optional is now 5 minutes, they fixed the close safe zone, and the hard failure condition is now three dead so you're reliant on pubbies not having shitboats. It probably will still be one of the easier queues, but it's pretty clear that PWE just wants to make every queue a tedious grind with non-zero failure chance, huh? Don't forget that the bosses for BHE and trans dimensional whatever are being massively buffed too. :haw:

I know this won't be read by anyone who matters, but seriously, get hosed Cryptic. I've gotten bored of ground queues again already and all I really do now is log in, doff a while, and maybe roll CCE if I'm lazy or bored. At this rate there won't be anything worth bothering with in a PUG. I really pity the poor pubbies who were struggling even before these "fixes".

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
loving hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb
So this was at ESD:

:suicide:

• Locked thread