Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is this a fun game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Eonwe posted:

is this a fun game

You're a fun game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:heysexy:

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Eonwe posted:

is this a fun game

Archeage is like a sleazy London nightclub that just had the owner strangle a hooker to death in the VIP room. Like, it's probably going to still be around for the foreseeable future clawing to life on mob fronted bail money, but everyone knows that even if the owner dodges the charges all that will be left is an empty shell of a business dedicated to selling stolen goods, drugs and hookers so all the cool people who used to party there have moved on to better places.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Well done.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
The game has gotten even worse and I don't even need to play it or pay attention to know that. Nobody gives a poo poo anymore. No meltdowns, barely any Trion fuckups, no nothing. Without those things all that remains is the base and that has always been poo poo and not even worth a foot note in the history of games.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I think its worthy of a footnote but its destined to become one of those forgotten MMOs that crawls along for eternity in a back catalog running on a dusty server with a very small niche player base.

The hacker problem will go away once the player base finishes dying off to a bare skeleton because it just won't make them money at that point.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

DancingShade posted:

I think its worthy of a footnote but its destined to become one of those forgotten MMOs that crawls along for eternity in a back catalog running on a dusty server with a very small niche player base.

The hacker problem will go away once the player base finishes dying off to a bare skeleton because it just won't make them money at that point.

I knew Trion's idea on how to get rid of hackers would be idiotic but had no clue it would be this idiotic.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
No players = no hackers. Makes sense.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Reminder all the korean patches so far have introduced more p2w stuff to the cash shops and barely anything else. This game has been dead in the waters since before launch.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Charles Bukowski posted:

No players = no hackers. Makes sense.

it's a brilliant strategy that also worked for all points bulletin

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
So after 2 months of not being subbed I guess Trion decided to randomly charge my paypal. What the gently caress.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Deki posted:

So after 2 months of not being subbed I guess Trion decided to randomly charge my paypal. What the gently caress.

lmfao

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I have 100 armor regrade scrolls and 50 something weapon regrade scrolls and I haven't logged in in a month and don't plan to.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Make a streaming event where you give it away to people in a lottery, then have the ground win every lottery and burn it all live.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

hakimashou posted:

I have 100 armor regrade scrolls and 50 something weapon regrade scrolls and I haven't logged in in a month and don't plan to.

Oh my god. Give them to me.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

tatersyum posted:

Oh my god. Give them to me.

alternatively

delete them all

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
A better alternative than giving them to left-guild-then-logged-in-officer-and-kicked-everyone tatersyum.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Hey to be fair he only did that twice.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

Evil_Greven posted:

logged-in-officer-and-kicked-everyone tatersyum.

That actually wasn't me. I simply told the guy that it would be funny if he did that.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I can't remember names anymore. Who did you get to do that? Was it that guy that freaked out with the new GM happened and started screaming racial epithets in mumble when new GM was muted in game? My memory is so broken :/

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

No give them to me. I promise to regrade all my gear and still remain blindingly incompetent.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

Charles Bukowski posted:

I can't remember names anymore. Who did you get to do that? Was it that guy that freaked out with the new GM happened and started screaming racial epithets in mumble when new GM was muted in game? My memory is so broken :/

Wow someone did that? But no this guy stopped playing around the same time Dodgy disappeared and was only logging on because I wanted his land.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
taters is the true hero of goon AA

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006
Seriously though, that's about 15k gold worth of regrade scrolls but the prices will tank after today's patch. I would love the the weapon regrades since I need to start stockpiling in preparation for obsidian weapons.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
I'm trying to get a set of gear, eph squall or lightning would be good, and a gale bow. Maybe magnificent, and would consider almost any set if the price is right -- I'm not really wedded to any one class. Shoot me a PM if you are trying to unload any gear. Thanks!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

tatersyum posted:

Seriously though, that's about 15k gold worth of regrade scrolls but the prices will tank after today's patch. I would love the the weapon regrades since I need to start stockpiling in preparation for obsidian weapons.

if the divine gift thing going to last forever?

they're just basically giving everyone free regrade poo poo?

but mah AA fortune!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Take a guess.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

hakimashou posted:

if the divine gift thing going to last forever?

they're just basically giving everyone free regrade poo poo?

but mah AA fortune!

Only for the next few weeks. Your fortune has already been slashed in half and it will keep plummeting.

Also Archeage has a new Producer and they are doing a livestream today for the first time since Alpha. It can only end poorly

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

DancingShade posted:

I only log in to block the court house and make people angry.

10 days of patron left. Will I be renewing? gently caress no.

What buff is this?

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

Eruonen posted:

What buff is this?

Courthouse safe zone buff.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lol this thread still exists

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Lol this game still exists.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol this genre still exists

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Eonwe posted:

lol this genre still exists

ZiggyXX
Jan 15, 2010

I downloaded this and it messed up my PC.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ZiggyXX posted:

I downloaded this and it messed up my PC.

you are probably a beta tester for their new form of monetization

want us to unfuck your computer? $5 please

it probably isn't even the scummiest thing they've done tbh

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Nah the scummiest thing Trion have done is DLC #5 for Defiance.

It was mandatory for everyone yet they claimed it counted as the final part of the season pass. It completely hosed what was left of the game at the time and even hold outs like myself left and never looked back. :toot:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
What did that DLC do to Defiance that was so bad? Is that the one that added the dumb enemy level-scaling thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

Man, what the hell happened to trion, they did things so well when they only ran Rift

• Locked thread