Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

TNA went out in a blaze of glory

Because of the wonky rules, Jeff Hardy and Kurt Angle are perpetually unemployed because there are literally no feds beyond WWE that are good enough for them, but Ken Anderson is a main event-level enhancement talent for NXT now and I got Samoa Joe to run my cult fed dojo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Basic Chunnel posted:

TNA went out in a blaze of glory

Because of the wonky rules, Jeff Hardy and Kurt Angle are perpetually unemployed because there are literally no feds beyond WWE that are good enough for them, but Ken Anderson is a main event-level enhancement talent for NXT now and I got Samoa Joe to run my cult fed dojo.

What the gently caress even happened? Did their popularity just plummet that badly?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I started a game having deleted their TV deals (this was pre-Discovery America, starting in July I think?) putting them in some debt to see if the AI could dig itself out. They ended up sacking all but their MVPs (not MVP tho) but not getting much farther even then. That was their last PPV.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Haha Authority HHH's combo finisher is doing a crotch chop, causing a big green X to pop out of the ground.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

projecthalaxy posted:

Haha Authority HHH's combo finisher is doing a crotch chop, causing a big green X to pop out of the ground.

poo poo like this is why WWE Immortals, despite its hilarious mutating bugs that want to kill you, is a good game. It is, as we say over in CD, pure cinema.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
New PCC announced--Mr. Perfect vs. Tito Santana. This game will have Tito Santana cards, and I will never get one. :(

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo one of the profile icons in Immortals is a rock that has FELLA carved into it.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

TheJoker138 posted:

This is a mistake, because you're going to get to the next tier and then be completely stalled because silver just doesn't cut it after about halfway through the third tier. Should have ground out the 75k for gold. Once you get one of them poo poo becomes a joke, and the payouts start getting way bigger (up to 15k for one ladder in single player) and it gets way easier to build your team.

I just got another gold D-Bry, and made my current one legendary. Not sure how big of a boost I got from that because I forgot to look at the before/after stats.

I got into Immortals thanks to it being a clone of the mobile Injustice and assuming they'll follow the same system, they're going to introduce most of the new fighters through a limited time challenge mode. If that's the case you'll need silvers eventually as the mode requires you to complete five ladders with certain conditions on your team makeup. Like only bronze/silver characters allowed or a specific character must on your team. There's three difficulty tiers and the nightmare one in Injustice definitely requires strong silvers for ones that don't allow gold cards because they make you fight golds with silvers.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

DoctorDelaware posted:

New PCC announced--Mr. Perfect vs. Tito Santana. This game will have Tito Santana cards, and I will never get one. :(

This will possibly be the most one-sided PCC yet

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I got into Immortals thanks to it being a clone of the mobile Injustice and assuming they'll follow the same system, they're going to introduce most of the new fighters through a limited time challenge mode. If that's the case you'll need silvers eventually as the mode requires you to complete five ladders with certain conditions on your team makeup. Like only bronze/silver characters allowed or a specific character must on your team. There's three difficulty tiers and the nightmare one in Injustice definitely requires strong silvers for ones that don't allow gold cards because they make you fight golds with silvers.

You get a silver card every time you beat the last fight of a story mode tier. Don't buy silvers.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The roster is pretty thin, so it shouldn't be hard to get a few legendary golds and then get a few silvers and bronzes for challenges.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Welp, I am done with Supercard. The treadmill of progress has ground to a halt.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

I started a game having deleted their TV deals (this was pre-Discovery America, starting in July I think?) putting them in some debt to see if the AI could dig itself out. They ended up sacking all but their MVPs (not MVP tho) but not getting much farther even then. That was their last PPV.

I adore and hope that the real TNA's last show ever is called Genesis.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

smashpro1 posted:

Welp, I am done with Supercard. The treadmill of progress has ground to a halt.

Play Immortals instead you goof.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Jonny Angel posted:

Yeah if you play Immortals by the time you get sick of it maybe there will be a new wrestling game out.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

I haven't earned 75k yet, so I'm still working with all bronze cards, and I hit a wall in single-player against a silver Undertaker. My specials do about a centimeter of damage to his bar, and his level one special does about 80-90% of mine. As an extra gently caress you, when you finally beat him, he just regenerates a quarter of his health for free. Looking forward to chumping him with a gold card.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Jonny Angel posted:

It's not on Kindle.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Does anyone know for sure when this first tournament ends? Feels like it's said 1 day remaining for more than 24 hours now and I'm right on the edge of top 5 and top 10 percent.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Does anyone know for sure when this first tournament ends? Feels like it's said 1 day remaining for more than 24 hours now and I'm right on the edge of top 5 and top 10 percent.

It'll be tomorrow afternoon, I believe.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That's so far away though :(

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

IcePhoenix posted:

It's changed to a timer that shows 23 hours and 25 minutes from now, so it should be 5 p.m. EST.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

ZDar Fan posted:

I haven't earned 75k yet, so I'm still working with all bronze cards, and I hit a wall in single-player against a silver Undertaker. My specials do about a centimeter of damage to his bar, and his level one special does about 80-90% of mine. As an extra gently caress you, when you finally beat him, he just regenerates a quarter of his health for free. Looking forward to chumping him with a gold card.

Once you've hit the wall in single player, multiplayer is the better money making option until you can save up enough for a gold. Any silvers you meet there will likely have normal stats versus the suped ones you'll face in the single player ladders which have like double the stats that a player controlled silver would have at that point.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Far as I can tell, multiplayer doesn't work yet on Android.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I can't believe two wrestling related games came out and I hate both of them and they constantly dominate this thread. Sorry about my drat luck.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I can't believe two wrestling related games came out and I hate both of them and they constantly dominate this thread. Sorry about my drat luck.

At least you didn't spend $100 on WWE2k15 + DLC

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

At least you didn't spend $100 on WWE2k15 + DLC

Yeah, what idiot would do that? Right? Ha ha ha...ha...ha ha...

:suicide:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Ater 18 Survivor picks without a pair, I finally get a double - and it's Damien Mizdow! :toot:

Ok, he's got the second weakest max stats out of all of my survivors (only just beating out Dusty Rhodes), but whatever, I only need to partially level him to be a little better than everyone else's legend pros or PCC cards.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

Jonny Angel posted:

"I'm done with bad mobile game"

"Try another one!"

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I don't know how much time I'll have this semester but I've been mulling over the idea of running a modern-day TEW thread in the style of Zero Buys!. However I'd be running it in a somewhat easy manner, for funsies (I have 0 sense for Perfect Show Theory, for example). My main issue is that I don't want to be stepping on the toes of the existing Monday Night Wars game currently ongoing (which is a lot of fun, and you should read). I would be writing more heavily for that game if I were an active fan during that time in the business' history and knew the characters - I only know the broad personalities of most of the high card and the midcard is mostly lost to me. Conversely I know enough about current WWE programming that I can write up whole shows by myself.

Mainly I just want to know if this is something people would be interested in.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Basic Chunnel posted:

My main issue is that I don't want to be stepping on the toes of the existing Monday Night Wars game currently ongoing (which is a lot of fun, and you should read). I would be writing more heavily for that game if I were an active fan during that time in the business' history and knew the characters - I only know the broad personalities of most of the high card and the midcard is mostly lost to me.

Which is exactly why I make up as much stuff as possible and invent whole new personalities for as many characters as I can. I'm guessing in real life Hashimoto wasn't a vaguely mystical enlightened kung fu movie protagonist that may be partially based on Master Splinter and Raiden from Mortal Kombat.

But to answer your question I would love another TEW game to follow, the last one with the robots died and it made me sad, and I wish Rarity would come back.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Basic Chunnel posted:

I don't know how much time I'll have this semester but I've been mulling over the idea of running a modern-day TEW thread in the style of Zero Buys!. However I'd be running it in a somewhat easy manner, for funsies (I have 0 sense for Perfect Show Theory, for example). My main issue is that I don't want to be stepping on the toes of the existing Monday Night Wars game currently ongoing (which is a lot of fun, and you should read). I would be writing more heavily for that game if I were an active fan during that time in the business' history and knew the characters - I only know the broad personalities of most of the high card and the midcard is mostly lost to me. Conversely I know enough about current WWE programming that I can write up whole shows by myself.

Mainly I just want to know if this is something people would be interested in.

I would definitely be interested in following this, and don't worry about stepping on toes. Our updates aren't fast paced enough for that to be an issue.

Also I second the "try to come up with different things" for people amusement aspect.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I'll get to tweaking the gameworld then! I don't think Cpt Charisma's mod has been updated in a few months so we might have to start off pre-Summerslam, with Cena holding the belt and TNA at the precipice of doom. A good enough point to diverge, I'm sure.

And yeah Sanguinia, coming up with new characters is definitely fun (and required, if you're going to deviate from history), it's the in-ring stuff I'm less comfortable with fabricating. Knowing a guy's style, signature spots, the way they sell (or don't sell) is what I would pride myself on. There's wiggle room there too, of course. But that era of the MNW, that seems to just have put the New Generation in the rear view, seems so remote to me for whatever reason. I never knew HBK as an in-ring performer, I got in after he washed out and left before he made his comeback. The era I've always had the most solid grip on is this one, post-DB blow up. That's part of what made Rarity's thread so thrilling - I knew the context and could appreciate the juxtaposition (though of course, Goldust and Regal as Futures of the Business has its own thrill)

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jan 21, 2015

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Basic Chunnel posted:

I'll get to tweaking the gameworld then! I don't think Cpt Charisma's mod has been updated in a few months so we might have to start off pre-Summerslam, with Cena holding the belt and TNA at the precipice of doom. A good enough point to diverge, I'm sure.

And yeah Sanguinia, coming up with new characters is definitely fun (and required, if you're going to deviate from history), it's the in-ring stuff I'm less comfortable with fabricating. Knowing a guy's style, signature spots, the way they sell (or don't sell) is what I would pride myself on. There's wiggle room there too, of course. But that era of the MNW, that seems to just have put the New Generation in the rear view, seems so remote to me for whatever reason. I never knew HBK as an in-ring performer, I got in after he washed out and left before he made his comeback. The era I've always had the most solid grip on is this one, post-DB blow up. That's part of what made Rarity's thread so thrilling - I knew the context and could appreciate the juxtaposition (though of course, Goldust and Regal as Futures of the Business has its own thrill)

Rather than worry about the fact that I don't know most of those guy's signature style or spots, I just try to have the story of the match advance the overall storyline and showcase the character's personality. I don't know a drat thing about Hector Guerrero's wrestling and I know very little about Scott Hall's other than his match against Bret at RR 93, but I'm pretty proud of the match I wrote up between those two because it had a story, that story was consistent with their characters, and it had a place in the overall plotline of Hall's current match build.

I get your preference for a more true-to-life style of match writeup though.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
You could just forgo blow-by-blow match writeups and just do things in broad strokes. Match got an A rating? Say "Great match between X and Y which ended with this finish"

Write it like a dirtsheet review, just talk about a high spot and a finish rather than every little bit of every match. Describe stuff that plays into people's characters, like "Bossman kept things slow and methodical" instead of describing every move he does to make it so.

That's how I would do a TEW LP anyway.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I stopped reading the TEW LP because people seemed to be under the impression that more words = better match write-ups, so if you avoided that it'd be great

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Swagger Dagger posted:

I stopped reading the TEW LP because people seemed to be under the impression that more words = better match write-ups, so if you avoided that it'd be great

For the most part this has stopped, aside from PPV matches.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I could use a good name if anyone's got one. Or I could go with "B+ is more or less our ceiling" or similar

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Basic Chunnel posted:

I could use a good name if anyone's got one. Or I could go with "B+ is more or less our ceiling" or similar

"We're all a bunch of B+ players?"

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Blasmeister posted:

Ater 18 Survivor picks without a pair, I finally get a double - and it's Damien Mizdow! :toot:

Ok, he's got the second weakest max stats out of all of my survivors (only just beating out Dusty Rhodes), but whatever, I only need to partially level him to be a little better than everyone else's legend pros or PCC cards.

I thought for sure I was going to get my 3rd Survivor card today, after having probably my best "regular season" run in KotR. Nope, bounced in first round.

Now watch me get a card I've already got in pro form. Maybe it'll be my third straight Daniel Bryan.

Edit: It was Kane. :(

DoctorDelaware fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Season's over for Immortals online. I got in the top 10% without much hassle. Got enough credits for another gold pack (Gold Cena!) and just a ton of gear items.