Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Welp,

Thank gently caress for this. 158 hours, a good percentage of which was spent trying to get SMB/SBG.

I really think Edmund needs to make Conquest have a much lower chance of spawning, since I had to spend a good half an hour farming the Monster Manual to get a full one of either. I managed to get The Lost, beat everything on Hard and find Godhead etc way before I managed to get those two, and even then I had to cheese it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Taratang posted:

You need to go the Dark Room and beat the Lamb at least once too before you can start fighting angel statues.

Not true. I have only killed ??? and have yet to face the Lamb but I have fought an angel statue.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
You unlock the Angels once you beat either ??? or The Lamb

Lonely Rolling Star
Mar 20, 2009

Better than a crowbar.
So I just got some sort of item combination that made me heal red hearts at nearly every frame while i was being hit with an earthquake rock type attack. Considering I had 8 red heart tanks in reserve for the first time in forever, this completely trivialized the chest, and actually made me want to encounter the double Adversary rooms.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Lonely Rolling Star posted:

So I just got some sort of item combination that made me heal red hearts at nearly every frame while i was being hit with an earthquake rock type attack. Considering I had 8 red heart tanks in reserve for the first time in forever, this completely trivialized the chest, and actually made me want to encounter the double Adversary rooms.

It was probably Pyromaniac. There's a lot of weird attacks that are actually considered by the game to be explosion damage even though they don't look like it. Mom's Foot and Satan's Foot are usually where people first notice it.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
The Champion's Belt should force all challenge doors to remain open regardless of health. :colbert:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I still hate Conquest. Robbed me of Super Bandage Girl again.

Give me Death or give me death!

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

Poizen Jam posted:

The Champion's Belt should force all challenge doors to remain open regardless of health. :colbert:

It already improves your damage and gives you more items???

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

ErIog posted:

It was probably Pyromaniac. There's a lot of weird attacks that are actually considered by the game to be explosion damage even though they don't look like it. Mom's Foot and Satan's Foot are usually where people first notice it.

Can confirm that Pyromania procs on the earthquake rock attack thing. It procs it absurdly fast too since you get healed for as long as you're in contact with it.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

IMJack posted:

I still hate Conquest. Robbed me of Super Bandage Girl again.

Give me Death or give me death!

I've played Rebirth for hundreds of hours and still haven't gotten a Meat Boy/Bandage Girl without doing the D6 + Sharp Plug + Monster Manual method. I've tried for one every time I've started with a Book of Revelations unless I was playing the Lost.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

Ddraig posted:

You unlock the Angels once you beat either ??? or The Lamb

Yeah, the message about "The Angels are waiting" appeared after I beat ???, but I wanted to take out the Lamb before challenging Mega Satan anyway. Which I did last night with Samson.

Also, I managed to assemble Bandage Girl when I played with Eve and the Book of Revelations. I thought I lucked out, but turns out I hadn't unlocked Conquest yet. And now that I have, wish me luck on Meat Boy.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Secret Room + two Jera runes =

Go, Bum Friend, go!

That'll do, Bum Friend. That'll do.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Power of Pecota posted:

I've played Rebirth for hundreds of hours and still haven't gotten a Meat Boy/Bandage Girl without doing the D6 + Sharp Plug + Monster Manual method. I've tried for one every time I've started with a Book of Revelations unless I was playing the Lost.
I'm at 400h but I earned meat boy by just spontaneously having an eden run with cube of meat + book of revelations as my starting items. Got 5th level cube of meat because I somehow had death instead of conquest on the womb, not sure how because I otherwise see conquest 100% of the time and death 0% of the time. I even get triachnid on RARE occasions, but a non-chest death bossfight? Never!... except that one time. Cheesed bandage girl with the cancer+sharp plug+pyro+monster manuel, then got it the 'proper' RNG way on a completely random run.

Is it possible to have both a cube of meat and bandage girl item?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Sanctum posted:

I don't think so. Seems like a run will always stick you with one or the other, which is nice for making it a lot less frustrating.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Sanctum posted:

I'm at 400h but I earned meat boy by just spontaneously having an eden run with cube of meat + book of revelations as my starting items. Got 5th level cube of meat because I somehow had death instead of conquest on the womb, not sure how because I otherwise see conquest 100% of the time and death 0% of the time. I even get triachnid on RARE occasions, but a non-chest death bossfight? Never!... except that one time. Cheesed bandage girl with the cancer+sharp plug+pyro+monster manuel, then got it the 'proper' RNG way on a completely random run.

Yeah I don't believe so. Thinking back, I've seen completed meat boy + another cube of meat but not meat + bandages combinations (outside of monster manual cheese of course)

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
It's definitely possible to get a cube and a ball drop in the same run on PS4.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I've definitely done it closer to when the game came out. I'm wondering if one of the patches made it so that you only get one or the other each run.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

Jibo posted:

I've definitely done it closer to when the game came out. I'm wondering if one of the patches made it so that you only get one or the other each run.

I have only seen one of them turn up in a run for some time, so either they patched it or I've been getting a whole bunch of false positives and should start playing the lottery. Can't seem to find it in the changelogs though.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
A little off-topic, but my new secret love is Ziggurat- which is what happens when you combine Heretic and Binding of Isaac.

It's really good. It's usurped Nuclear Throne as my #1 Not-Isaac. And it's half price!

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

Mr Phillby posted:

It's definitely possible to get a cube and a ball drop in the same run on PS4.

Yeah, I have had lvl2 bandage and meat on the same run on PS4. Never had a max level of either though :/

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

It was also possible on PC but it was probably patched, and PS4 is behind the curve with updates.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Sanctum posted:

17 days of your life (2.5 months after release) have been spent playing this game.

Ed's got a message for you.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Dodecalypse posted:

It already improves your damage and gives you more items???

I just figured it was a neat function, no item does that yet, and it seemed thematically related to the champion belt- force all the challenge rooms (Maybe boss rush too?) to stay open, small +pwr boost, but increase difficulty.

Expansion pack should have a Red Champion Dingle who drops Red Poops and a Green Champion Dingle who's only move is the triple charge, just for the sheer rage potential it would cause.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

What the hell? I just had a Basement XL where both bosses were Dingle. Does picking up The Poop rig it or something?

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

Poizen Jam posted:

Expansion pack should have a Red Champion Dingle who drops Red Poops

I am scowling at you through my monitor so hard right now.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Poizen Jam posted:

Expansion pack should have a Red Champion Dingle who drops Red Poops

Don't we already have someone in here whose gimmick is terrible ideas, it's not nice to crimp someone's style.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Cryohazard posted:

A little off-topic, but my new secret love is Ziggurat- which is what happens when you combine Heretic and Binding of Isaac.

It's really good. It's usurped Nuclear Throne as my #1 Not-Isaac. And it's half price!

yeah, ziggurat and nuclear throne are pretty my go-to's other than isaac for games like these. they both have really tight controls.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Question about forget-me-now: if I use it on basement 1, will I still have a greatly decreased deal with the devil chance after I beat the boss again? Or does the regenerated floor count as a second floor with regular devil deal chances? Also, if I had just taken a devil deal on a floor, will forget-me-now give the regenerated floor a decreased devil deal chance (because I had just taken one), or does it consider the regenerated floor as having identical chances for devil deals (damage taken notwithstanding)?

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Codiekitty posted:

I am scowling at you through my monitor so hard right now.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Don't we already have someone in here whose gimmick is terrible ideas, it's not nice to crimp someone's style.

You're both just mad I suggested something Edmund would definitely do (Maybe done already?)

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

Buffis posted:

Yeah, I have had lvl2 bandage and meat on the same run on PS4. Never had a max level of either though :/
May be a patch issue (still on loving 1.01 in EU) but this is my experience on PS4 also. I've had 3 runs with book of rev on the first floor now and every time I ended up with one lvl3 meatboy/bandage girl and one lvl1 of the other.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Poizen Jam posted:

Expansion pack should have a Red Champion Dingle who drops Red Poops and a Green Champion Dingle who's only move is the triple charge, just for the sheer rage potential it would cause.

And maybe a champion The Haunt that never leaves his first stage, instead constantly respawning pairs of lil' haunts...

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I think you should be able to hurt The Haunt during his first phase if you have spectral tears.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I think flies and spiders should hurt him instead of just exploding and disappearing

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Glare Seethe posted:

And maybe a champion The Haunt that never leaves his first stage, instead constantly respawning pairs of lil' haunts...

Make it single lil' haunt and he's damageable in first phase and I think you have a fair but difficult fight.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Codiekitty posted:

Yeah, the message about "The Angels are waiting" appeared after I beat ???, but I wanted to take out the Lamb before challenging Mega Satan anyway. Which I did last night with Samson.

Also, I managed to assemble Bandage Girl when I played with Eve and the Book of Revelations. I thought I lucked out, but turns out I hadn't unlocked Conquest yet. And now that I have, wish me luck on Meat Boy.

Conquest is glitched, he can show up from the beginning even if he hasn't officially been unlocked yet. Unless this got fixed, but I haven't heard anything about that.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Poizen Jam posted:

You're both just mad I suggested something Edmund would definitely do (Maybe done already?)

That is precisely why I'm mad! don't give the man bad ideas he'll actually do them

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
To be honest I want triple charging green poop more. I'd call him 'The Runs'

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I just unintentionally did a really pro move with bob's brain early in a run as Judas. Fighting super gluttony, in the layout where you can't actually get to him or his drops. Bummer. Except, my final hit was him in the corner by bob's brain and it... i guess pooped out the lard drop onto the other side. Free 2 hp woohoo!

edit: and still died due to some spectacular BS.

something fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 23, 2015

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

something posted:

I just unintentionally did a really pro move with bob's brain early in a run as Judas. Fighting super gluttony, in the layout where you can't actually get to him or his drops. Bummer. Except, my final hit was him in the corner by bob's brain and it... i guess pooped out the lard drop onto the other side. Free 2 hp woohoo!

This is why I hate Gluttony. Half the time he sits in an inaccessible island spot so you can't get his drops without flying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

strangemusic posted:

This is why I hate Gluttony. Half the time he sits in an inaccessible island spot so you can't get his drops without flying.

Envy is the worst sin. Fight him for forever, get a troll bomb or Shoop da woop.