Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

nucleicmaxid posted:

A07027BQ0SFALYC8

Took this one, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Colorspray posted:

So I just heard about a thing about wyvernfire always being available to high level rarity HBGs when the limiter is removed.

Is that the X+A function with a limiter removed? Can anyone who knows confirm exactly how this works?

It'd be pretty badass to always have that as a close range option when its off the cooldown - I'm hoping it works how I think it does.

It's just another type of ammo you can load.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

It's just another type of ammo you can load.

check this poo poo out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnToR0IYU5w

Wyvernfire without the ammo type loaded @ 2:00

Listen to Shepards comments here at 9:20:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0EXKVqIdoI

Sorry to not have the videos start at the specific times, linking the start times is acting a little funky.

He never goes into it on the quest....

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

This is horse poo poo, Monster Hunter Fiesta 2015 happened and there is no western coverage beyond two pics. Looking for Vids under モンスターハンタ and sorting by latest got me this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Jjep1m3tc

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Colorspray posted:

check this poo poo out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnToR0IYU5w

Wyvernfire without the ammo type loaded @ 2:00

Listen to Shepards comments here at 9:20:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0EXKVqIdoI

Sorry to not have the videos start at the specific times, linking the start times is acting a little funky.

He never goes into it on the quest....

Oh neat. IIRC removing the limiter was how you gained the ability to load wyvern fire ammo in 3U so I thought that's what you meant.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

Oh neat. IIRC removing the limiter was how you gained the ability to load wyvern fire ammo in 3U so I thought that's what you meant.

No biggie dude, I could've been a little more clear when I first described it.

Looking back at the videos now you can see a little red shell to the right of the ammo count when the shell is loaded. I think it's safe to assume all it takes is X+A to fire it off with the limiter removed since that is called out specifically in the HBG weapon controls page in the demo.

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

Colorspray posted:

No biggie dude, I could've been a little more clear when I first described it.

Looking back at the videos now you can see a little red shell to the right of the ammo count when the shell is loaded. I think it's safe to assume all it takes is X+A to fire it off with the limiter removed since that is called out specifically in the HBG weapon controls page in the demo.

I just did some testing and it's basically how you describe it. X+A to load a wyvern fire shot regardless of which ammo is equipped. X+A to unload wyvern fire. No cooldown. 10 wyvern fire shots (plus combines) max. Also firing wyvern fire in first person obscures the heck of your view.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

RedRupee posted:

X+A to load a wyvern fire shot regardless of which ammo is equipped.

That's pretty sick dude. In gaijinhunters vid I posted I saw him manually scroll to select it each time. Having that specific shot type essentially hotkeyed is a nice little touch.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?

Junkie Disease posted:

This is horse poo poo, Monster Hunter Fiesta 2015 happened and there is no western coverage beyond two pics. Looking for Vids under モンスターハンタ and sorting by latest got me this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Jjep1m3tc

Ah, they really did a great job with the animatronics this year. It always disappoints me as well that there is so little interest/coverage of that kind of thing. Hopefully I'll be able to dredge up some footage of the Seregios they had.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

So, I took time off from work for a video game. This is the first time I've done that other than informal "hey give me Tuesday off if you can" sort of requests. I've got some vacation days built up and no vacation planned until the end of the year when I'll have some more, so I'm sort of getting paid to hunt monsters.

Also it turns out nobody really questions you when you take Valentine's weekend off... until you accidentally reveal that you didn't even realize it WAS Valentine's weekend, and then suddenly you have to craft an elaborate lie to avoid announcing to your boss that you're taking the weekend off to play video games.

e: typos; phoneposting

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jan 23, 2015

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Funkmaster General posted:

Also it turns out nobody really questions you when you take Valentine's weekend off... until you accidentally reveal that you didn't even realize it WAS Valentine's weekend, and then suddenly you have to craft an elaborate lie to avoid announcing to your boss that you're taking the weekend off to play video games.

Literally my discussion:
"I'm taking a week off in Feb"
"No problem. Which game is coming out?"

It probably helps that I work with a bunch of nerds. Here's hoping it doesn't get canceled due to something big happening. :ohdear:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Sign me up also for the "took time off work for monhun" club.

We may have a problem.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Monster Hunter is the solution, not the problem :unsmigghh:

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

SL the Pyro posted:

I also have a couple of codes left over. First come, first served!

A070ERES16HU0NP4
A071EHFE2JBJS978
These are still available, last I checked.

[b]EDIT:[b] Not anymore.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jan 24, 2015

Cube2000
May 27, 2010

SL the Pyro posted:

A070ERES16HU0NP4

These are still available, last I checked.

Took the first code. Thanks!

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

I haven't seen anything like this mentioned yet: does MH4U have any of that dumb charm table garbage from MH3U? I'd like to start my save file without worrying about missing chances at weapons this time around.

greth
Nov 12, 2008

Does it trouble your mind the way you trouble mine?
MH4(G) (and thus assumed same for U) do charm tables by rerolling each time the system turns on (like it should), instead of one-and-locked like 3U did. So don't worry about it.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Sweet. Mining for resources and occasionally getting the rust shard fanfare is the greatest thing, and no one should miss out on it.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

liquidypoo posted:

Sweet. Mining for resources and occasionally getting the rust shard fanfare is the greatest thing, and no one should miss out on it.
I'd say the greatest thing is getting multiples of something your buddy needs while you listen to them curse your soul and family as they get none.

Or possibly stealing tailcuts while playing the songs of my people (light blue, light blue, light blue, encore).

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.
You're both wrong. The greatest thing is watching your DS wielding buddy get frustrated about not being able to hit a flying Rathalos, then shoving your gunlance straight up into the air and shelling it out of the sky with a smug rear end look on your face.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
No the best thing is the song of my people, which you hear on every YouTube vid and twitch stream:

"GODDAMNIT RHENOPLOS I WISH THEY WOULD REMOVE YOU FROM THE loving GAME"

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Haquer posted:

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Haquer posted:

No the best thing is the song of my people, which you hear on every YouTube vid and twitch stream:

Sometimes I go out of my way to kill them out of spite.

greth
Nov 12, 2008

Does it trouble your mind the way you trouble mine?
But then there would just be Bullfango. And I can't imagine a world where that's better.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

greth posted:

But then there would just be Bullfango. And I can't imagine a world where that's better.

Is it wrong of me that I'm sad that Bulldrome hasn't reappeared since P3rd?

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

RuBisCO posted:

Sign me up also for the "took time off work for monhun" club.

We may have a problem.

Not only am I taking a 4-day weekend for release, I'm trying to get my brother to fly out to Chicago so we can relive our 3U release marathon. We're very sick people

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
I hate rhenoplos because I am literally in the middle of destroying his greatest natural predator when he decides that its me he should blindside from across the map instead of loving off and eating some grass like he should.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Why do i see so many videos of hunters blowing up felvine bombs on themselves

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Why do i see so many videos of hunters blowing up felvine bombs on themselves

The effect lasts almost exactly as long as a might pill, so they use that to know when to pop another one.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It's to skip certain animations. I saw some guy do it when he was reloading a light bowgun with the limiter off and thought it was genius.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

E1M1 posted:

Not only am I taking a 4-day weekend for release, I'm trying to get my brother to fly out to Chicago so we can relive our 3U release marathon. We're very sick people

I probably should take the 13th off, at least. That whole weekend is pretty much spoken for otherwise with things that aren't Monster Hunting.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Novum posted:

I hate rhenoplos because I am literally in the middle of destroying his greatest natural predator when he decides that its me he should blindside from across the map instead of loving off and eating some grass like he should.

Seen a lot of well deserved rhenoplos hate recently and if you guys didn't know, it's yet another reason to bring dung bombs. Try chucking one at a rhenoplos and see what it does.

Also I watched a MHFU video yesterday and saw the hunter flashbomb right as the encounter started - it blinded the large monster (Emerald Congalala ) and all the small monsters in the area. The hunter used the time to clear out the small monsters before the big one recovered, which I thought was pretty dang smart.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Trust me, Rhenoplos are nowhere near as annoying as the Bullfango from the original PS2 game. They make the Gypceros quest way harder than it should be. At least Rhenoplos gives you cute pink teddy bear armour if your hunter is female.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,

Colorspray posted:

Seen a lot of well deserved rhenoplos hate recently and if you guys didn't know, it's yet another reason to bring dung bombs. Try chucking one at a rhenoplos and see what it does.

Also I watched a MHFU video yesterday and saw the hunter flashbomb right as the encounter started - it blinded the large monster (Emerald Congalala ) and all the small monsters in the area. The hunter used the time to clear out the small monsters before the big one recovered, which I thought was pretty dang smart.

Smoke bombs are great for this too, and they buy you more time than the flash does. Some monsters rage after a flash, too, which makes the start of a fight a pain.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

And here I thought smoke bombs were only useful for duo monster encounters. The more you know!

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
Oh, heck, they're amazing even when you're up against a single monster. My favorite use for them was on Mark of a Hero. Walk in and immediately smoke bomb before the Ivory Lag saw me, then just calmly walk up and wyvern fire the poo poo out of him. As soon as that animation finishes, spend a few more seconds getting free hits on him while he's doing his initial roar (you've got earplugs, right? Sure you do.) and then begin the normal fight. Except he still can't see you for a little while longer, making things way easier until the smoke clears.

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual

SL the Pyro posted:

I also have a couple of codes left over. First come, first served!

A070ERES16HU0NP4
A071EHFE2JBJS978

I nabbed the second one and the first one was already taken, thanks a ton man! :hfive:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Notorious QIG posted:

Is it wrong of me that I'm sad that Bulldrome hasn't reappeared since P3rd?

Yes, very wrong, report to the Lagiacrus tank for reprogramming.

Did they add any new chargin' pains in the rear end for 4?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

Yes, very wrong, report to the Lagiacrus tank for reprogramming.

Did they add any new chargin' pains in the rear end for 4?

Barroth is out, Monoblos is in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Is there even any difference between Monoblos and Diablos? Other than that Monoblos is designed after a Styracosaurus and is only fought offline. What's the deal with the white version?

Celery Face fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 23, 2015

• Locked thread