Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WarLocke posted:

I mean if you want grim and gritty realism there's a Banshee thread?

realism? in banshee? that main guy should have to re-learn how to walk 3-4 times per episode. loving great show though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

WarLocke posted:

I'm sorry if you don't like comic book action sequences in this comic book show? :shrug:

I mean if you want grim and gritty realism there's a Banshee thread?

Nobody is saying the Captain Cold/Heatwave/Flash fight wasn't cheesy and comic-book-dumb, just that it's kind of what they were aiming for to begin with.
Uhhh I wasn't complaining about the action sequence, nor did I imply anywhere that I want "grim and gritty realism." I was jokingly making fun of a completely ridiculous and unrealistic contrivance they used as a major plot point.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Keeping evidence in a guarded warehouse isn't actually unusual when the police have an overflow or there is a renovation going on. As long as there is still a 24/7 guard and check in/out procedures are maintained the evidence is still admissible.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I like the implication that lackadaisical evidence storage is intrinsic to Arrow and if you're not on board with that then maybe you just need to :getout:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

SirDan3k posted:

Keeping evidence in a guarded warehouse isn't actually unusual when the police have an overflow or there is a renovation going on. As long as there is still a 24/7 guard and check in/out procedures are maintained the evidence is still admissible.
Sure but the storage itself isn't the goofy part-- they would have been processed and recorded before getting tossed into storage, and even then the judge wouldn't just shrug and let the guys go when the dude they were working for busts in and steals them.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hazo posted:

Sure but the storage itself isn't the goofy part-- they would have been processed and recorded before getting tossed into storage, and even then the judge wouldn't just shrug and let the guys go when the dude they were working for busts in and steals them.

Yeah in the legal world if you destroy or tamper with evidence isn't that basically used to confirm your guilt?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The show's handling of legal questions is loving terrible and has been since day one. But I don't care, because the show isn't about the law.

How to get away with murder's butchering of basic law 101 concepts bothers me far more, because that's theoretically what the whole dang show is about.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I recently started watching breaking bad and that shows description of psychologist patient confidentiality made me yell at the screen

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Narcissus1916 posted:

The show's handling of legal questions is loving terrible and has been since day one. But I don't care, because the show isn't about the law.

How to get away with murder's butchering of basic law 101 concepts bothers me far more, because that's theoretically what the whole dang show is about.

It's funny because Brick sending the evidence back to the cops would end up getting tossed out of court since it left their chain of custody.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Party Plane Jones posted:

It's funny because Brick sending the evidence back to the cops would end up getting tossed out of court since it left their chain of custody.

Sure, but street enforcers aren't exactly hired for their legal knowhow.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

It is also funny because the second the police catch one of the "thugs" they can just give them a plea deal if they turn on brick, which would both remove their blackmailer and the threat his blackmail rests on, so....

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I found this on the Reddit but it's probably the coolest thing you'll see all day. Real life Arrow poo poo.

Lars Andersen: a new level of archery: http://youtu.be/BEG-ly9tQGk

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

Timett posted:

I found this on the Reddit but it's probably the coolest thing you'll see all day. Real life Arrow poo poo.

That's pretty cool, but you just know that guy would be absolutely insufferable to hang out with.

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011

Pierce and Pierce posted:

That's pretty cool, but you just know that guy would be absolutely insufferable to hang out with.

Just like Oliver Queen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheBystander posted:

Just like Oliver Queen.

At least Ollie will make you chili.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

At least Ollie will make you chili.

Bad Chili

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pierce and Pierce posted:

Also he manages to look like a complete dork while doing insanely cool and hard stuff.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Scyantific posted:

Nable did mention in one interview that I linked that although there would be bad blood between Ra's and Oliver, their relationship could also be seen as one of mentor and student. So maybe once he realizes that Oliver survived (and kills Maseo for it), he's going to push Oliver to exceed some expectation that he set for him when they first met.

Or, I don't know, something about paralleling Batman. :v:

Ra might not kill Maseo as he would understand a blood debt. I could see Ra's being Oliver mentor as he was already the best fight Ra's had in 60 years, so he would want to see what would happen if Oliver was even better.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oh sure, insult the man who made us dinner.

This is why nobody invites us anywhere bobkatt.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

There's two kinds of people in this world. Chili snobs like yourself, and people who know there is no such thing as bad chili. Chili is like a rainbow, you're supposed to enjoy all the different colors.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fuckin' beans in chili, go back to Star City Oliver and peddle your bean soup there.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Basebf555 posted:

There's two kinds of people in this world. Chili snobs like yourself, and people who know there is no such thing as bad chili. Chili is like a rainbow, you're supposed to enjoy all the different colors.

Lean sirloin is a really odd choice for a chili. Most people use chuck.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Lean sirloin is a really odd choice for a chili. Most people use chuck.

Those people are wrong. People who use ground beef for chili are wrong.

Chilichat is back for S3.

zoux posted:

Fuckin' beans in chili, go back to Star City Oliver and peddle your bean soup there.

Back in S1, I'd agree with you. But then I tried two variations sin carne. Pick one: Beans or meat. Never both.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I'm amazed at how many times the chili panel has derailed this thread but I guess I shouldn't be.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Timett posted:

:stare:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hcreight posted:

I'm amazed at how many times the chili panel has derailed this thread but I guess I shouldn't be.

Chili is serious business.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

This archery style looks goofy but I bet Amell could make it look badass. Anyone posted this to him yet? Seems like the kind of thing he'd get a kick out of.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

zoux posted:

Beans are great! You have failed this chili.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

BrianWilly posted:

How did Felicity drop the gate again? Like, she hacked the...factory?

Also Laurel should probably have used a voice modulator considering she was beating up a dude who's been hearing her voice a lot in court. Well, maybe she just didn't see one lying out in the open like the rest of the stuff they looted off Sara's corpse.

She did just use a sonic weapon on him. Such a shame. Wasting your catchphrase on deaf men.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I desperately need to see this on the show:

greatn posted:

This archery style looks goofy but I bet Amell could make it look badass. Anyone posted this to him yet? Seems like the kind of thing he'd get a kick out of.

People need to get this in front of him. That guy is IRL better than Ollie.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Accretionist posted:

I desperately need to see this on the show:

People need to get this in front of him. That guy is IRL better than Ollie.

Well probably not in hand to hand combat.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Or with the ladies.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

zoux posted:

Or with the ladies.

He's athletic and crazy, and he spends a lot of his free time mastering an ancient martial art while racking up mad youtube likes. I'm sure that's loving catnip to *someone*.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I bet he really is hot poo poo at Renaissance Faires.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Accretionist posted:

I bet he really is hot poo poo at Renaissance Faires.

A fate worse than death.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Boogaleeboo posted:

He's athletic and crazy, and he spends a lot of his free time mastering an ancient martial art while racking up mad youtube likes. I'm sure that's loving catnip to *someone*.

Any woman who would be interested in that probably also wore a cape in high school.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
LET HIM DO THE SALMON LADDER

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

That whole deal with jerking his entire body forward and standing on one foot looks massively awkward and inaccurate, but in the videos he looks like he's doing ok so I don't know what to think.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also next time someone is whining about something not being realistic remind them that reality looks loving idiotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ray should embrace the two-step archery technique into his flip style :allears:

• Locked thread