Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Agean90 posted:

Weakness: Status Effects

Use debilitate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

The_Frag_Man posted:

Use debilitate.

Cripple is way more effective.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Aigis's hooves cleverly neutralize his "rollover your toes" technique.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Stephen Hawking would obviously be the Demi-Machine.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Chariot?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Wheel of Fortune?

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy

i want a persona & jojo crossover. dates between kanji and all three homoerotic mayan deities.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Beef Waifu posted:

Ancient of Days would be fine if it didn't have the gimmick of healing full health after every time you exploit its weakness. So that means you have to run a team that in no way takes advantage of wind, on top of this you can't debuff or buff yourself any more than two times or else he breaks it. FInally, he has some bullshit Almighty attack that I don't remember well that he would just never stop using and it would kill my team or my most crucial of teammates, Uriel. If you use Uriel and take advantage of bran, the fight becomes worlds easier, but unfortunately it can drop at any time, so if it drops right after you hit him with garudyne, he gets back all of his health.

Sanat is a piece of poo poo because he's a physical based boss who just shits all over your team. Gaea's Rage is the main thing to watch out for, as it could wipe out your whole team in no time and if any of your team had the unfortunate luck to survive, they could be lost so you are down a team member that you can't recover. On top of this he has Dark Energy which triples the attack of his next gun attack and then he will use myriad arrows and poop on your team again. A good strategy is to have at least one physical repel demon, but that only helps so much before the Gaea's Rage happens. His only weakness is Gun/Pierce attacks (Ironically enough) and thankfully unlike Ancient of Days, he doesn't have some dumb gimmick if you exploit it. He's also got Silent Prayer like Ancient of Days though, so you have to watch your buffs and debuffs.

Finally, there is Masakado who is the king of poo poo mountain. Okay so, Masakado is unlike Ancient of Days and Sanat in that... you cannot damage him with anything that isn't physical attacks. He drains all elemental attacks, so you are left with a building a team of entirely physical monsters. You need piercing skills to even hurt him with physical attacks and the Angels and Sanat whom you all get from previous DLC are basically going to be some of your best bets, especially since Sanat and Uriel have specific physical skills which make doing tons of damage to him much easier. So you need to pile on 18000 HP of damage on him in under 10 turns without your party dying. That 10 turns was not a typo, it is a battle with a time limit. He gets six press turns per turn (He'll waste a few moving) and can get 3 more with Guardian's Eye if he so drat well pleases. Has a special almighty attack which exploits any enemy weakness unless you have smirked your characters to avoid it. It always hits for a weakness, even if said weakness doesn't actually exist, you are getting poo poo on.

I'm willing to forgive Masakado just because he has a good theme for a boss fight.

The rest from what I've seen require pre-Nocturne SMT level of grinding and party setups to not die, but that's been the whole series since the beginning and that's why I love these stupid games.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Necronomoticon posted:

i want a persona & jojo crossover. dates between kanji and all three homoerotic mayan deities.

Persona 4 practically is Part 4 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, it's just nowhere near as good.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Manatee Cannon posted:

What arcana/race would Stephen Hawking be?

Null: Death

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Persona news stream thing happening on February 4th. It's over 30 hours long.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I CAN'T loving WAIT FOR SOME MORE BEAR MOLESTING!

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I can't wait for 29 hours of nothing, 59 minutes of Persona 4-2 and Persona 4 The Platinum and Persona 4 Dancing on Ultimax Q followed by the last minute being a brief sample of some Persona 5 music.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nah it'll play the same Persona 5 trailer again at the end.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

All the hot, hot Teddie molesting you can handle.

This stream takes place before the Persona concert so they're probably not going to show anything new when the people inside the concert hall paid $70 to be there.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

It's going to be 30 hours long? I can't wait to watch some tired Japanese guys.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Policenaut posted:

All the hot, hot Teddie molesting you can handle.

This stream takes place before the Persona concert so they're probably not going to show anything new when the people inside the concert hall paid $70 to be there.

In 2013 they had public spots around Japan where you could watch the game announcements and then didn't show the P5 teaser at said spots.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

So I'm playing P4G and the boss at the end of Heaven is kicking my rear end. When his spells get powered up even my characters that get hit neutrally by that element are being one hitted. Then he controls my party members and the damage output is usually too much for MC to keep up with. MC is around level 53. Should I grind or is there a strategy I'm missing?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Magic Mirrors and Makaracorn. Drop them on everybody when he uses Quad Converge, watch him completely own himself.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
When he switches elements he also becomes weak to that element. Throw up Makarakarn and laugh.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Tarezax posted:

When he switches elements he also becomes weak to that element. Throw up Makarakarn and laugh.

Hahahaha holy poo poo. I didn't think to do that cause he just dispells nakarakarn earlier in the fight.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Also you should have all four elements so you can take full advantage of the power-up, but that's something you'd already be doing anyway so

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Junpei Hyde posted:

MC is around level 53. Should I grind or is there a strategy I'm missing?

That level is a bit on the low side, actually that's the level I usually clear the previous dungeon at. Level 60ish is what I'd recommend,

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

There's also polls up for favorite song (write-in) and P4G character until January 30.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
If there is any mention of SMTxFE it will be all worth it.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Persona is more or less divorced from the SMT brand at this point, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

It's going to be 29 hours and 56 minutes of persona 4 footage with the last 4 being the exact same P5 trailer everybody already seen.

[e] Though it would be cool as hell if they showed the persona 5 intro

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
it's a deliberate tactic, because in reality we are the slaves, begging for freedom from not knowing what future they hold for us

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

30 hours? What are they going to do, run through all of PQ?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
lol

it will just be looped versions of marie's clown rap set over the bear molesting footage and then lotus juice will come out and start rapping for 2 minutes

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

projecthalaxy posted:

my completion time for persona q: 65 hours

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Persona 5 is cancelled to make way for Persona 4: Narukami Returns. The stream will be a play through of what was finished in P5.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

projecthalaxy posted:

Stream music from the P4 franchise.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

We are going to be getting tons of new gameplay details of Persona 5 to start things off. We'll be introduced to the characters, the settings, the themes, and the Shadows, and will get a nice meaty gameplay trailer. Then we'll also have SMT x FE, during which they'll finally tell us what the gently caress, as well as gameplay details. Some more Persona 3 movie stuff, then some more info on Dancing All Night, and to finish things off, Persona All In One Collection for the PS4: Persona 2 IS and EP, 3, and 4, with reworked gameplay and new scenes, though 4 will just be Golden. No one cares about Persona 1.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Terper posted:

We are going to be getting tons of Teddie molestation

FTFY

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
i want that couch signed by all of them

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Terper posted:

We are going to be getting tons of new gameplay details of Persona 5 to start things off. We'll be introduced to the characters, the settings, the themes, and the Shadows, and will get a nice meaty gameplay trailer. Then we'll also have SMT x FE, during which they'll finally tell us what the gently caress, as well as gameplay details. Some more Persona 3 movie stuff, then some more info on Dancing All Night, and to finish things off, Persona All In One Collection for the PS4: Persona 2 IS and EP, 3, and 4, with reworked gameplay and new scenes, though 4 will just be Golden. No one cares about Persona 1.

That is a dream announcement. I'd actually be pretty happy with a PS4 re-release of 2/3/4.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

A few months ago Square-Enix had like a 9 hour stream about SaGa and most of it was an LP done by the series producer, so maybe something like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

30 hours? What are they going to do, run through the opening segment of P4?