Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

HotCanadianChick posted:

Use whichever part is cheapest, since that's what GM did at the factory :v:

Yeah I'd rather not have to ever replace it again, it's a bit of a pain in the rear end to get to (behind the exhaust manifold, bottom of the engine, with a couple of gaskets and tubes involved to get to it).

Still, it did make it to 100k+ (with DexShit!). And the CEL goes away as long as it's at least 45 outside.

Rockauto seems to suggest Gates is the OEM anyway... looks like $17, plus $2 for the output tube seal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I think there's one of these near my workplace. I never knew what it was because it was completely debadged. Japanese people too often scrap older cars so it's always awesome to see a classic rolling around among all the ugly brand new cars here. :swoon:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I'm sorry Terrist, that sucks. :(

Rhyno posted:

Overheard someone at the next table say "They oughta put dat NI@@ER in his place" last night.

Yaaaaaay racism is awesome.

You're looking at it the wrong way. Instead of getting butthurt that someone triggered you by used "friend of the family" as a pejorative is a good thing, because it's not as common as it once was. Change happens over time, just because you consider yourself above it doesn't mean that other people aren't working through it.

SJW crew in AI is getting stronger... weird for a forum that had a user called "aids kills niggers" on the Leper's Colon list routinely a while back.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jan 24, 2015

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
15 years for a catte, especially one that goes outside is a really good run, sorry for your loss CT

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Sorry about the stig :(

In better news the golf passed its not today! Woop

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

meatpimp posted:

You're looking at it the wrong way. Instead of getting butthurt that someone triggered you by used "friend of the family" as a pejorative is a good thing, because it's not as common as it once was. Change happens over time, just because you consider yourself above it doesn't mean that other people aren't working through it.

SJW crew in AI is getting stronger... weird for a forum that had a user called "aids kills niggers" on the Leper's Colon list routinely a while back.

If only the hicks you're white knighting were as understanding towards minorities and the far greater problems they have to face everyday

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Sorry about the Stig CT, pretty good run for a cat though.

I'm oddly tempted by the little Sunny pickup trucks. Next time I'm in the area I'm going to have to swing by and look at what they have.

Dad wants to go 50/50 on a E30 M3 race car...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

rscott posted:

If only the hicks you're white knighting were as understanding towards minorities and the far greater problems they have to face everyday

Yes, because it's only hicks that are racist. It's great that you are attuned to the greater problems minorities face every day. What are you doing about it?

Edit: God drat, the hivemind is strong. Say something contrary to a SJW comment? Obvious "White knighting." Because god knows every issue is polar.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jan 24, 2015

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Nah, it's only the hicks who are dumb enough to keep using blatant racial slurs in tyool 2015, the higher class racists are smart enough to couch their poo poo in dog whistle terms so it isn't quite so obvious

e: If I toot my own horn and tell you all the stuff I do to help minorities I'm just doing it for the accolades, if I don't say anything then I'm just some hypocritical goon sitting in my basement sniping at people, it seems I've been placed in a rather difficult spot

rscott fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jan 24, 2015

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I just try to be a shithead towards everyone equally- that way you can't be accused of being racist!

Hilariously the biggest racist we have at work is my aboriginal boss!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Ferremit posted:

I just try to be a shithead towards everyone equally- that way you can't be accused of being racist!

Hilariously the biggest racist we have at work is my aboriginal boss!

Yep. Everyone's a little bit racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RovF1zsDoeM

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Any goons in the North Potomac, MD area? Car up there for sale I'm considering for a fly-n-drive. If anyone would be willing to go look over an old German thing I'd buy you lunch or something.

Just in case, anyone along this route? - https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Kno...674!2d39.097769

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
hey meatpimp, your gimmick is wearing thin

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Phone posted:

hey meatpimp, your gimmick is wearing thin

What "gimmick," not treating ever trigger like it's sacred?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
being a redditor

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Phone posted:

being a redditor

Is that supposed to be an insult? If you're going to try to call me out on something, let's use your big boy words and not be vague.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

So when are you guys going to gently caress?

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

meatpimp posted:

Is that supposed to be an insult? If you're going to try to call me out on something, let's use your big boy words and not be vague.

You are literally complaining about SJWs.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

meatpimp posted:

You're the one who's been giving your opinions on racism and using SJW unironically. Like Rhyno was complaining about how much of a shithole Indiana is and exhibit #8731032 was hearing some white dudes use "friend of the family" in a public space in TYOOL 2015, and your take is "Well maybe we're not giving them a fair shake" and to call Rhyno a SJW? Really?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

You are all terrible people, shut up.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010

Phone posted:

You're the one who's been giving your opinions on racism and using SJW unironically. Like Rhyno was complaining about how much of a shithole Indiana is and exhibit #8731032 was hearing some white dudes use "friend of the family" in a public space in TYOOL 2015, and your take is "Well maybe we're not giving them a fair shake" and to call Rhyno a SJW? Really?

They're both just attention whores; the more we react to their shocking views/lives/facebook/workedinservice the more it validates their time here. Just ignore them.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Jesus gently caress can we talk about cars please?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Cakefool posted:

You are all terrible people, shut up.

Good news from me once. Fuel pump doesn't seem dead on my ute after running out of fuel last week.
I went as far as removing canopy, liner, and unbolting the tray (that was fun as bolts pretty seized and thought they would snap any second).
But I thought I should try new fuel, so I took a risk and drove it and added 30L. Was a fun drive as it misfired with any throttle and could only go 40km/hr max.
But it seems fine now, I guess the other petrol station I filled the jerry can up with had bad fuel (which is also nice to know).
Other good news is the fuel filter for the ute is the same as my old car and I already had one spare for that.

So now I can spend the $300 fuel pump and filter money on a new roof lining or cat converter which I also need.
Roof lining started to sag since it's been parked stationary in the sun most of the time for the past 2 years.
Cat converter because it's rattling and the ute has been down on power for a while so is suspect.
Years ago I was going to do a plain full exhaust, but got quoted $1100. I knew I could get a full bolt up aftermarket one for that price inc extractors/headers. Only went as far as buying the headers on ebay before backing out and deciding to not spend any money on the ute. But now I need a car to get to centrelink/doctors and get a job, so it needs to be fixed.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 24, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

meatpimp posted:

:catstare: Don't do this.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Guys, remove the stick from your rear end and calm the gently caress down. I'm sure there's a thread in D&D or whatever the argument forum is if you want to go on about that stuff.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Any goons in the North Potomac, MD area?
Repeating this, I'm headed there Friday to take a look at the car myself. Guy has some pretty cool cars in his collection that I look forward to seeing. Should be a fun stupid trip. Yay for skymiles!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
What in the gently caress is wrong with all of you?

I swear everyone involved in this argument is being a dummy in some way other than Rhyno. Jesus.

Time to go hurt myself while working on a Ford, have fun arguing over dumb poo poo.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Fo3 posted:

Good news from me once. Fuel pump doesn't seem dead on my ute after running out of fuel last week.
I went as far as removing canopy, liner, and unbolting the tray (that was fun as bolts pretty seized and thought they would snap any second).

Silly question, could you add an access hatch with a hole saw?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CommieGIR posted:

:catstare: Don't do this.

Yes, we should ignore what happens on this very forum and act as if hearing the uttering of the term "friend of the family" is scandalous to the point that you need to run to a car forum to cry about it.

Ok, I'll stop pointing out the irony of such things.

In other general chat news, I'm going to look at a duplex to buy for an investment property. :fingerscrossed:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Heaven forbid that people's attitudes towards things, you know, change.

I know you loving nerds have problems with change, but that's how the world works. Either you change with it or you will be left behind living in a delusion.

Also investment properties are almost universally a terrible idea. Ask yourself this; what level of profit is acceptable for dealing with complete fucktard tenants?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

MrChips posted:

Also investment properties are almost universally a terrible idea. Ask yourself this; what level of profit is acceptable for dealing with complete fucktard tenants?

In general, I agree. We have friends that had tenants accidentally burn down their duplex and we've seen some ridiculously bad stories come from it. But... this particular one is in an enclave of duplexes that all have long-term renters and almost never come on the market since they're so stable. Obviously this will end up being a bad idea, but... no more risky than other investments at this point... I really miss the days when there was something called "interest income."

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Goober Peas posted:

So when are you guys going to gently caress?

The sexually tense antagonistic relationship is Viggen/Meatpimp, not Meatpimp/Phone. Meaty is just gettin' under skins like he enjoys doing.

As for labeling people SJW (which evidently means 'Social Justice Warrior'... news to me) if you're asked not to be a piece of poo poo in AI and are being called on it, I'm going to quote rscott because he summarized my thoughts succinctly:

rscott posted:

If you can't adequately insult someone without resorting to slurs then you are kind of dumb imo

meatpimp posted:

In other general chat news, I'm going to look at a duplex to buy for an investment property. :fingerscrossed:

Have you been a landlord before? The returns include a lot of downsides. Unless you've got a property management company that'll take care of it for you or something... NEVER AGAIN for me.

edit: just saw your post above. If the renters are 'ok', there is low turnover and you've at least somewhat mentally prepared yourself to deal with some poo poo, then maybe it is an ok idea. Property certainly is a good way to diversify and good renters mean a stream of income.

edit2: gently caress I can't spell today.

Mat_Drinks fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 24, 2015

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

NitroSpazzz posted:

I'm oddly tempted by the little Sunny pickup trucks. Next time I'm in the area I'm going to have to swing by and look at what they have.

I really don't know what it is about them. I saw a couple when I was in Japan for a few days, and just fell in love.

Like the Skylines are cool, but that little Sunny is just badass.

Edit: don't forget, Rolex 24 is starting on Fox here in a minute.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Mat_Drinks posted:

The sexually tense antagonistic relationship is Viggen/Meatpimp, not Meatpimp/Phone. Meaty is just gettin' under skins like he enjoys doing.
That's what I thought... until now. :wink:

quote:

As for labeling people SJW (which evidently means 'Social Justice Warrior'... news to me) if you're asked not to be a piece of poo poo in AI and are being called on it, I'm going to quote rscott because he summarized my thoughts succinctly:
I agree. I should not have labeled Rhyno as an SJW, it is an easy catch-all, I'm sorry, Rhyno. I should have just pointed out that there has been a lot of progress on most, if not all, racial fronts over the past couple decades. It doesn't mean that race issues will ever go away. The fact that it's remarkable that someone used a term he was triggered by is good... meaning that its use has decreased to that extent.

quote:

Have you been a landlord before? The returns include a lot of downsides. Unless you've got a property management company that'll take care of it for you or something... NEVER AGAIN for me.

edit: just saw your post above. If the renters are 'ok', there is low turnover and you've at least somewhat mentally prepared yourself to deal with some poo poo, then maybe it is an ok idea. Property certainly is a good way to diversify and good renters mean a stream of income.
Never been a landlord, need to diversify. Too much sitting stagnant, need to put some into play.

iwentdoodie posted:

Edit: don't forget, Rolex 24 is starting on Fox here in a minute.

I just saw that... then saw that the coverage is only for a couple hours, then "paid programming." Are they switching to another channel for coverage, or are they just going to screw it up like they've screwed everything that once was Speed Channel?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

NitroSpazzz posted:

Have i got the solution to all your problems!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

meatpimp posted:

I just saw that... then saw that the coverage is only for a couple hours, then "paid programming." Are they switching to another channel for coverage, or are they just going to screw it up like they've screwed everything that once was Speed Channel?

IIRC, it's Fox for two hours, then Fox Sports 2 for a couple hours, then Fox Sports 1 for a couple hours. Then you have to watch the stream online until 7am EST, at which point it comes back on FS1 until the end.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Powershift posted:

Have i got the solution to all your problems!

:stare: where do I throw my money?

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

meatpimp posted:

That's what I thought... until now. :wink:

Viggen has only been gone a few days though, his side of the bed isn't even cold!! ;)

meatpimp posted:

Never been a landlord, need to diversify. Too much sitting stagnant, need to put some into play.

Totally understandable. Do you have a real estate agent you like and know well? A lot of them also handle property management as a way to keep a steady stream of income coming in during the slower seasons. If you purchase the duplex through him/her you may also be able to work out affordable management so that you don't have to deal with the 2am 'the sewer is backed up' calls. It may be worth lowering the profit for the security of knowing someone else that does it for an at least partial living is taking care of it for you.

Make sure you have a good handyman and/or subs lined up too in case poo poo blows up so that you're aren't having to pay high rates for repairs that are required in short periods of time.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

AI.jpg

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I haven't seen a suzuki mighty boy for over 20 years. A guy I used to work with in 1991 had one, and he was also working at a car audio place at the time as well.
He had after-market electric windows installed, (fancy back then on a cheap car). A good head unit, a few amps and internal speakers, also had a custom made box with speakers and subs to fit into the tray for parties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

meatpimp posted:

I hear it's a good time to get into oil

• Locked thread