Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

schweens posted:

A friend of mine is doing a radio show soon with Shane Douglas I guess. Any suggested questions?

Side note: when they had terry funk on they got in trouble because he kept saying wetbacks

DEAR FRANCHISE, why are you so lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

schweens posted:

A friend of mine is doing a radio show soon with Shane Douglas I guess. Any suggested questions?

Side note: when they had terry funk on they got in trouble because he kept saying wetbacks

Dear Franchise why do you keep trying to revive ECW and also wrestle when you've looked like poo poo for 20 years

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Shane, when's the best time to look for seasonal k-cups on clearance?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kid: Daddy can you get me some skittles?
Karl: You get daddy another cold beer.
Kid: Daddy you already got a beer.
Karl: You're right, I do! ......get your own drat skittles.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

DEAR FRANCHISE, did you pick the belly to belly suplex because you wanted a finisher as terrible as you

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"

Jerusalem posted:

Kid: Daddy can you get me some skittles?
Karl: You get daddy another cold beer.
Kid: Daddy you already got a beer.
Karl: You're right, I do! ......get your own drat skittles.

Between that and the debate over who broke the TV with the Ninja Turtle sword, still laughed my rear end off even without Big Hoot.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Okay so I've seen people mention podcasts, what's the general consensus to be the best/most entertaining? Jerichos? Austins?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

general consensus appears to be jericho's has the best interviews, austin's is just the most fun to listen to. i don't listen to any of them frequently but i like austin's most.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Shane does it piss you off that more people here would recognize Virgil at the Walmart than you?

E: Apparently Virgil is pretty cool when he's just doing mundane stuff in Pittsburgh.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

general consensus appears to be jericho's has the best interviews, austin's is just the most fun to listen to. i don't listen to any of them frequently but i like austin's most.

Awesome, thanks. What's the difference between steve austin show and the unleashed one?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

HogX posted:

Awesome, thanks. What's the difference between steve austin show and the unleashed one?

Whether he says gently caress or not.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

HogX posted:

Unleashed allows more swears and lewd talk.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

HogX posted:

Vanilla is PG, and Unleashed is full of coarse language. Also the real best podcast is Talkin' Shop on MLW.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Talkin' Shop is the only podcast that has The Fink on it so it's the de-facto best podcast.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
New SNCJ

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The best wrestling podcasts are the pisscast, then Talking Shop, then the Dude Loving Meme Cast, then maybe Attitude Era if you can tolerate Europeans.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

overthefalls posted:

Between that and the debate over who broke the TV with the Ninja Turtle sword, still laughed my rear end off even without Big Hoot.

I loved when he asks the kids to say goodbye, they all ignore him, he calls one over and asks him again, and the kid declares happily,"I'm gonna slice you!"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

HogX posted:

Unleashed has an episode where Kevin Nash talks about his rear end for half an hour.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

The family friendly show is maybe 50% Austin, while the Unleashed show is full Austin, which means TWO *PSSH PSSH* CANS OF AUDIO WHUP-rear end FOR THE WORKIN' MAN SO HE CAN GET SOME BULLSHIT OFF HIS BRAIN

Also some weeks that means he gets twice as much time with people like Paul Heyman than he normally would, which is pretty great, so it's worth subscribing to both.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Austin and Jericho's are great, and don't forget Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling. Also enjoyed JR on Roddy Piper's podcast recently. My personal favorite pod is InYourHead (IYH wrestling), just really really funny, especially when President Clinton (guy who does a Clinton impression) co-hosts. I could see it being an acquired taste, the main guy is opinionated but in a funny way. If you haven't heard it you might dig it.

Mannie Fresh
Jul 2, 2006

I Before E posted:

The best wrestling podcasts are the pisscast, then Talking Shop, then the Dude Loving Meme Cast, then maybe Attitude Era if you can tolerate Europeans.

Most underrated part of the Attitude Era podcast is how angry Billy gets about the lack of enforcement for the legal man in tag matches.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The best shows are the lapsed fan and the attitude era.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
if you have an observer sub and you aren't listening to sin limite then you are a buster

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

if you have an observer sub and you aren't listening to sin limite then you are a buster

sin lamentay

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i really love the attitude era podcast and i wish billy was around more so they could do a show more than once a month or so. i have a couple friends who aren't even super into wrestling and started listening to them just because they're funny.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 25, 2015

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jericho definitely does the best interviews, and that includes all his non-wrestling guests too. Steve Austin though, I can listen (and have!) to that man talk about ANYTHING for 70-90 minutes and it would be entertaining. His story about him and Ted Fowler going toe to toe with PED-abusing rats, getting their asses kicked, making their comeback, getting their asses kicked again and then being saved by Steve's dog doing a run-in was amazing.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Man that Q&A really showed off the osw guys' truly terrible taste

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

what kind of terrible taste

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I cant remember anything specific other than some negativity towards the Young Bucks and that kind of talk won't stand in my house

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I cant remember anything specific other than some negativity towards the Young Bucks and that kind of talk won't stand in my house

Criticising the bucks for using too many superkicks is nothing new. Calling the Meltzer driver stupid is also not new, and a correct opinion.

That said, saying that "Shawn owns that move, stop using the superkick" was incredibly stupid.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Wazzu posted:

Calling the Meltzer driver stupid is also not new, and a correct opinion.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

HogX posted:

Okay so I've seen people mention podcasts, what's the general consensus to be the best/most entertaining? Jerichos? Austins?

let me tell you about figure four daily with todd martin.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Triple H is gonna be on Austin's podcast, on I think another of the WWE Network first deals like they had with Vince McMahon.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Anticipating corporate nothingness.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I started talking to a lady at Costco about roller derby today.

Thanks, Dave.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

ICHIBAHN posted:

Anticipating corporate nothingness.

And burying everyone younger than him for not understanding the business and having no drive to succeed!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What's the Bryan and Vinny where they read R Truths theme song?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

How long does it usually take for the Dave and Bryan angry at PPV post-show to go up?

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

It can be pretty late. I'm on Eastern Time and sometimes it's only posted an hour or so before I wake up the next morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Luigi Thirty posted:

How long does it usually take for the Dave and Bryan angry at PPV post-show to go up?

Dave and Bryan shows are posted at the earliest 4am - 4:30am EST, but closer to 5am in my experience.

• Locked thread