Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

I was just at Lionsgate Friday filming some pickups for a sizzle reel for La La Land directed by Damien Chazelle, who just directed Whiplash.

Please tell me it's a sequel to Jiminy Glick in Lalawood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

quote:

“La La Land” is a two-hander that follows a pair of dreamers — aspiring actress Mia, who’s lonely desperate to fit in, and cocky yet charismatic jazz pianist Sebastian — who fall in love in Los Angeles. However, the city that brought them together may tear them apart, as they soon discover that balancing love and art in such a cutthroat climate isn’t easy.

A song-and-dance romance, “La La Land” bills itself as a movie about big dreams, the big city and the kind of love that makes life feel like a musical.

I'm going to be optimistic and credit my half gag reflex to the irritating HOLLYWOOD INSIDER writing style

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Fun fact: the female Power Rangers wore skirts because their stunt actors were usually dudes.

sexy if true
Anywho how the gently caress does Lionsgate have the movie coming out next year if I haven't seen jackshit about it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

morestuff posted:

I'm going to be optimistic and credit my half gag reflex to the irritating HOLLYWOOD INSIDER writing style

I'm cocky, but I'm also charismatic. *Hunches over a tiny piano like Schroeder and plinks away*

Dr. Killjoy posted:

sexy if true
Anywho how the gently caress does Lionsgate have the movie coming out next year if I haven't seen jackshit about it?

It's apparently being filmed this year, according to the original Green Ranger and Professional Man Who Has Let His Role On A Children's Show Twenty Years Ago Define His Life Jason David Frank.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

morestuff posted:

That's top of the list of poo poo that makes me not want to see a movie.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
The Loft looks not great, but I'm kinda digging this poster:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Coffee And Pie posted:

The Loft looks not great, but I'm kinda digging this poster:

Yeah, I like that quite a bit. It does a lot with a little.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm cocky, but I'm also charismatic. *Hunches over a tiny piano like Schroeder and plinks away*

It's apparently being filmed this year, according to the original Green Ranger and Professional Man Who Has Let His Role On A Children's Show Twenty Years Ago Define His Life Jason David Frank.

To be fair, he was in a lot of seasons of power rangers, including one in 2004. Oh, and looking at IMDB in an episode in 2014.

He's been THE power ranger for 20 years

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

BlueBayou posted:

To be fair, he was in a lot of seasons of power rangers, including one in 2004. Oh, and looking at IMDB in an episode in 2014.

He's been THE power ranger for 20 years

Yeah, the guy is the face of American Power Rangers and is generally just super excited to have so many fans. He's a good dude.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
I passed by his signing booth at a Comicon and he was taking time in front of a huge line for free pictures with kids and both parties were thrilled. He's making the most out of it but given the 90's nostalgia wave and how psyched people were hey good for him.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
And I mean really what are you gonna do after Power Rangers? Go to law school and become a partner in your dad's firm like he always wanted you to? gently caress no, ride that poo poo into the ground, and then ride it some more.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Rough Lobster posted:

And I mean really what are you gonna do after Power Rangers?
Felicity?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You laugh, but the guy's actually done really well for himself; he's been an MMA fighter and has won a ton of awards for getting kids into martial arts.

Content (thanks to the latest Rifftrax):

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Rough Lobster posted:

Murder a couple by throwing them off a yacht?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Evil Mastermind posted:

You laugh, but the guy's actually done really well for himself; he's been an MMA fighter and has won a ton of awards for getting kids into martial arts.

Content (thanks to the latest Rifftrax):

Oh, Lash... how the mighty have fallen.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Nckdictator posted:

This sounds like the perfect basis for some twisted rumor, but wouldn't you know it, this actually happened. John F. Kennedy had one steep fall from grace.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rough Lobster posted:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer springs to mind.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

And the Facebook page's description:

I can't believe they made a Short Circuit joke in their own promotional material. :psyduck:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

#Chappie5isalive

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

GonSmithe posted:

Yeah, the guy is the face of American Power Rangers and is generally just super excited to have so many fans. He's a good dude.

Actually he's an insane Christian (he makes those MMA "Jesus Didn't Tap" shirts) who is a complete loud mouth rear end in a top hat and a huuuuuuge homophobe. The blue ranger from the original series has more or less said that he nearly killed himself because of the poo poo Jason David Frank did to him on that set.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If you want a former Power Ranger who's a cool guy, go see Johnny Yong Bosch. Guy's got a band, a nice career as a voice actor, Johnny's done well for himself.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Rough Lobster posted:

Die in a car crash?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Nckdictator posted:

Partially sever your own dick?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Poster for XX:

quote:

The film is comprised of four short stories which are directed by Karyn Kusama (GIRLFIGHT, JENNIFER’S BODY), Mary Harron (AMERICAN PSYCHO), Jennifer Lynch (SURVEILLANCE), and Jovanka Vuckovic (THE CAPTURED BIRD).

Bit of a tired idea, but at least it's well executed.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm excited to see what Jennifer Lynch does when she doesn't have two hours to piss away.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The idea of an all female directed version of V/H/S* sounds pretty dope.

*I should just say horror anthology because I doubt the whole thing is found footage.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Or you get shlock like the ABC's of Death 1 & 2.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Or you get shlock like the ABC's of Death 1 & 2.

Those would be good if they weren't so bloated by the gimmick. It's a neat idea, but the execution would be so difficult to get right. Probably after ABC's 5 there will be enough quality shorts to put together a single good ABC collection.

Horror Anthology movies can be a lot of fun, and I've enjoyed this mini-resurgence in popularity.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Not quite a poster yet, but the logo used for the Fantastic Four reboot teaser

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Stop putting the number as a letter in your titles marketing.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Is that a Fast 5 prequel?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Harlock posted:

Glad the early 2000s are back :allears:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I guess this is the poster

[4]

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
im very excited for fantfourstic

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Why didn't they say it's in 4d too

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Harlock posted:

You see last time it was a circle, but this time it is a square.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

zenintrude posted:

Glad the early 2000s are back :allears:

I'm pretty sure Seven...I mean Se7en was the innovator here.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Harlock posted:

I guess this is the poster

[4]

You know a movie is doomed when the best they can come up with is "From the studio that brought you..."

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Random Stranger posted:

You know a movie is doomed when the best they can come up with is "From the studio that brought you..."

Isn't that what Marvel has been riding into multi million dollar city, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Shanty posted:

Isn't that what Marvel has been riding into multi million dollar city, though?

Yep, known commercial, critical, and popular failure Guardians of the Galaxy: