Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You're still going to find Morse clickers around, mostly with HF equipment, mostly just for PMIs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Ptolemaeus posted:

I am a fudd and will leave that unedited for humiliation. I meant M2, the trigger block at the back that you can remove or whatnot. I may have armorer duties but dear lord I am not an armorer. But yeah anything that really should be accounted for and SI, I am just going to inform 1SG/Supply of and figure out where to go from there.

If it was a grease gun, there would have been a tragic boating accident.

Also let me add to my list of retardation and realize that after discussing with a buddy that it isn't actually real lowers. Its just the handgrip/trigger/selector for them which explains no serial and W------ and I guess they are used for training aid?

As someone who was in your exact position once (11B who had to run the commo shop for a while while a dude was going to school with no prior understanding of how shops operated) you need to absolutely become best buds with your XO because he'll be the one that can sort poo poo like this out.

Take pictures of the container if you haven't already boxed everything up, gather all the evidence you can to show you just found this poo poo, because you need to tell someone important asap. At least all YOUR SI is accounted for, but the rest of that poo poo (mostly the crypto stuff) really needs to be not in your possession anymore because if someone important finds that out, and they find out you knew about it and didn't tell anyone, your rear end is gonna burn hard just because you're the lowest mook in the chain who has any connection with it. Hopefully they are smart enough to blame the previous dude and not the guy that just got the shaft.

I hope you are being like 100% literally honest when you say it is just a grip and trigger assembly. Are you sure it isn't the entire bottom half of a rifle, to include the magwell? Is the buttstock attached? If it is, you need to be shouting that poo poo from the rooftops because it's your best course of action.

Think of it this way: IT IS YOUR SHOP NOW. You are in charge of it. Do you really want that poo poo to be floating around YOUR SHOP, even if it isn't technically on the books, or would you rather know 100% what you control and where it all is? The thought of having crypto stuff just floating around unaccounted for is very... uh :stare:

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009

Justin Tyme posted:

As someone who was in your exact position once (11B who had to run the commo shop for a while while a dude was going to school with no prior understanding of how shops operated) you need to absolutely become best buds with your XO because he'll be the one that can sort poo poo like this out.

Take pictures of the container if you haven't already boxed everything up, gather all the evidence you can to show you just found this poo poo, because you need to tell someone important asap. At least all YOUR SI is accounted for, but the rest of that poo poo (mostly the crypto stuff) really needs to be not in your possession anymore because if someone important finds that out, and they find out you knew about it and didn't tell anyone, your rear end is gonna burn hard just because you're the lowest mook in the chain who has any connection with it. Hopefully they are smart enough to blame the previous dude and not the guy that just got the shaft.

I hope you are being like 100% literally honest when you say it is just a grip and trigger assembly. Are you sure it isn't the entire bottom half of a rifle, to include the magwell? Is the buttstock attached? If it is, you need to be shouting that poo poo from the rooftops because it's your best course of action.

Think of it this way: IT IS YOUR SHOP NOW. You are in charge of it. Do you really want that poo poo to be floating around YOUR SHOP, even if it isn't technically on the books, or would you rather know 100% what you control and where it all is? The thought of having crypto stuff just floating around unaccounted for is very... uh :stare:

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I instantly went to talk to 1SG and Commander about it this morning, and completely video documented me opening the rest of the boxes/tac boxes once I realized I was dealing with horror. What I thought was lowers is just some trigger training aid that is the trigger, handle, and fire/safe selector for shadow boxing and such and is completely inert and not even SI thankfully (insert pogue joke about why analysts under no circumstances should even hold rubber duckies much less touch rifles.) The crytpo we are just going to give to S6 to either identify or just do magic with. The rest is just going to go on my hand receipt and work on TPing it. Luckily I am not a turd and my command likes me, so they are going to make sure I don't have anything but a paperwork headache on my hands. The crpyto was their biggest concern as well, hopefully nothing comes of it.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Justin Tyme posted:

Alternatively I'm sure some Koreans would love to talk to you.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

here's a great idiot:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/65068436/man-electrocuted-at-northland-campground

quote:

Smith appeared to have pulled the power plug out of the caravan but left it connected on the powerbox side, Hikurangi Volunteer Fire Brigade deputy chief Trevor Gallagher said.

"The plug looked like it had been ripped out of the caravan itself."

He understood Smith had then taken out a Leatherman knife to cut off the plug so it couldn't be put back in.

"It was still live... The reality here is that the disconnection should have been at the powerbox, not the campervan," Gallagher said.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

"I think the moral of the story is that inconsiderate people can cause people to be angry enough to do things that they normally wouldn't do," he said.

That's not the moral that I am taking away from this.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

USMC503 posted:

That level of buddy fuckery is truly upholding the highest traditions of the United States Marine Corps.

Someone get this guy a NAM.

As a former AMMO troop, I thought this type of poo poo was the norm. The only difference was the unofficial rule of, if one of our guys turns inspector, they were supposed to give us 30 days to rehide the stuff they knew about. At the last shop I was at, a guy turned inspector, came out, and made a beeline for the hidden stuff. Then everyone else in the shop was crying about "30 days".

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Mike-o posted:

They were still using teletypes in the 90s? :eyepop:

UGC-74's with the mods.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

quote:

Matthew Smith, 26, was camping with friends at Northland's Whangaruru Beach Front Camp, when he reportedly became annoyed with noise from a stereo in a nearby caravan, Northland police spokeswoman Sarah Kennett said.

About 12.30am yesterday, Smith left his campsite, telling friends he was going to deal with the issue.

Basnett was hanging out in front of the caravan with two friends when they noticed the lights go out about 12.30am, he said.

Because they had a battery-powered lamp and speakers, they were not overly concerned, Basnett said.

loving owned.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
"He was working as a sound and lighting technician, and was the "go-to guy" for events and music, said Benge. "

LOL

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Turns out the firefighter wasn't playing child predator. He did however secretly tape a kindergartener and his mom naked and took pictures of himself touching a 4 month old in nono places.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

At least he wasn't a poser. STOLEN VALOR

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

ManMythLegend posted:

Legit question, does the Army not maintain accountability for them in their EKMS account? Because loosing any piece of serialized crypto gear is a Big DealTM in the Navy.

A bit old, but as a follow up, mailing the poo poo has a fun set of rules too. There was a 2nd shop when we were deployed that kept sending my CYZ-10s with supervisory CIKs in them. Ignoring the fact that they weren't supposed to have supervisory CIKs, mailing them with the gear is a huge gently caress no, and they were informed of this repeatedly. We kept it all logged, obviously. The gear wouldn't always come with CIKs, which was fine, until the guy tried to blame us for it when the gear didn't go back to it's owning unit with everything.

We forwarded all of the maint. forms, EKMS tranfer sheets, and specific sections of EKMS-1A to their Shop Chief, as well as the email traffic between myself and him. It was hosed up, but we had our asses covered is what I'm getting at. The other guy in question was quietly removed without ceremony and his replacement sent his introductory "hi I'm so and so" email the same day. New guy was on the ball though, so silver lining there.

EKMS is serious poo poo, always do the right thing and cover your rear end as well. Not reporting will gently caress you harder than the green weenie ever did.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
This is how poo poo gets lost and inventories get hosed

Commander at 6am: hey 1sgt I need all of this stuff inventoried.

1sgt at 9am: Hey platoon sergeants I need all this poo poo inventoried.

Platoon sergeants just before lunch: Hey squad leaders, when your guys get back I need all this poo poo inventoried.

Squad leaders after lunch: hey team leaders I need all this poo poo inventoried.

Team leaders at 4pm: just finished these monthly counselings, hey everyone I need this poo poo inventoried.

E4 and below at 5pm: let's just say its all here and go the gently caress home

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

S4: Hey Commander you sub-receipted everything on your property book, right?
Commander: Uhhh...

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Looking at potentially landing a new job that will see me sent over to Afghan to support some people doing stuff.

The potential for Cole worthy stories is astronomical.

faddypaddy
Sep 3, 2011

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
Everyone gets a title or we lose it next year

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made Prod
I once had the dumbest supply guy in the Army. My first time meeting him we were signing for stuff from LBE. They hand him a poo poo load of hand receipts for tool kits and there are a bunch of empty tool boxes. He immediately and without question starts signing for these complete tool kits. I tried to bring up the fact that the tool kit is more than just a box and he should make sure he has all of tools or it will gently caress him later. His response to me is "I am supply and I know my job so be quiet SGT." Okay roger that. Four months later IG did an inspection of the supply records and he ended up having to do a 4 million dollar FLIPPL. The command was less than pleased.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

LCL-Dead posted:

Looking at potentially landing a new job that will see me sent over to Afghan to support some people doing stuff.

The potential for Cole worthy stories is astronomical.

I'm feeling idiotic. Where are them jobs these days?

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Zeris posted:

I'm feeling idiotic. Where are them jobs these days?

Really hard to find, apparently, unless you possess very specific skillsets.

I've been looking for almost 16 months for a company in need of the skills I have.

Lots of shooter/security type jobs still available over there these days though.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LCL-Dead posted:

Lots of shooter/security type jobs still available over there these days though.

Do they fill those with snake eater types or do they take joe former infantry?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
What's your skill set bro

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

LCL-Dead posted:

Really hard to find, apparently, unless you possess very specific skillsets.

I've been looking for almost 16 months for a company in need of the skills I have.

Truth, I got laid off even for comms work. Every big base is a fuckin' ghost town, so I've heard.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Do they fill those with snake eater types or do they take joe former infantry?

Depends on the position I'd imagine. Lots of em want snake eater types but there's a fair amount of jobs a regular 11b/03xx could get into if they've got at least one deployment under their belts.

Zeris posted:

What's your skill set bro

Remote control airplane thingies. Like on youtube.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

LCL-Dead posted:

Depends on the position I'd imagine. Lots of em want snake eater types but there's a fair amount of jobs a regular 11b/03xx could get into if they've got at least one deployment under their belts.

Remote control airplane thingies. Like on youtube.

Do yours make things go boom or are they more like strap a go pro to me so we can totally not spy on the hit neighbor down the street undress rc planes?

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

USMC503 posted:

Do yours make things go boom or are they more like strap a go pro to me so we can totally not spy on the hit neighbor down the street undress rc planes?

A little bit of both, actually. Mission dictates.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

LCL-Dead posted:

A little bit of both, actually. Mission dictates.

That owns. I'm jealous.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Your future is an Ethan Hawke movie.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Sometimes I wish the Army moved faster. Put in my compassionate reassignment request before Christmas and still don't have an answer. It's been kicked back twice (once for not having an ERB included, which I specifically asked if I needed and once for having the wrong letterhead on a memo). It's cool Army, take your time. It's not like my parents are dying of cancer or anything oh wait. Sure as hell not going to hear anything back in the next month either, because we're headed to JRTC next week. Argh.

Venting over.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Cole posted:

Your future is an Ethan Hawke movie.

I'm fat and broken due to my courtship of an ied. As much as I wish I could pull off an Ethan Hawke role....

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Your the British guy in gattica then

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LCL-Dead posted:

I'm fat and broken due to my courtship of an ied. As much as I wish I could pull off an Ethan Hawke role....

That sounds like an explosive relationship. I suggest you sever.

I am so sorry.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That sounds like an explosive relationship. I suggest you sever.

I am so sorry.

:vince:

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
poo poo happens.

My dick still works so I'm not going to complain too much.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
drat dude that sucks. Sounds trite but at least your mind works well - that was always my biggest fear, having a brain injury that left me unable to think or remember properly.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Unzip and Attack posted:

drat dude that sucks. Sounds trite but at least your mind works well - that was always my biggest fear, having a brain injury that left me unable to think or remember properly.

I always told people that I'd rather be dead than retarded...

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Pesticide20 posted:

i bet it actually owns. those motherfuckers always got big poo poo eating grins on their doofy faces

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pesticide20 posted:

That goon who killed himself after getting arrested for arguing with a cop apparently agreed with your sentiment

TS12 I think was his name

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Years ago a guy who worked in public affairs got caught using base resources to put together portfolios for strippers, largely because he was chucking imperfect prints in the trash where everyone could see them then not taking it out. Nothing much happened to him. Later he moves over to the Army National Guard as an officer and gets in a bunch of trouble in Iraq for sexual harassment.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Casimir Radon posted:

Years ago a guy who worked in public affairs got caught using base resources to put together portfolios for strippers, largely because he was chucking imperfect prints in the trash where everyone could see them then not taking it out. Nothing much happened to him. Later he moves over to the Army National Guard as an officer and gets in a bunch of trouble in Iraq for sexual harassment.

drat, we had people working in the Repro shop loving off just making dumb posters every once in a while that got in more poo poo than that. Did duder have something going for him to just shrug off the first part, or was it just apathy on the part of the unit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

PathAsc posted:

drat, we had people working in the Repro shop loving off just making dumb posters every once in a while that got in more poo poo than that. Did duder have something going for him to just shrug off the first part, or was it just apathy on the part of the unit?
From what I can tell he left to go get his commission a year or two before I joined so I'm not real clear on the details. I had never heard of him before yesterday when we were discussing some other sexual harassment incident that had come to light. I'd guess he was either somebodies buddy/relative, or they didn't want to make too much of a fuss over it. There are plenty of people you're left to wonder why they're still around despite be such fuckups.