Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I played way of life now, and its a lot of fun. I had a 70 year reign of a seduction focus king and I couldnt stop seducing, marrying and making concubines of my nieces. I did that probably about 10 or more times during his life. When he died I decided to try out rulership focus with the next guy, and within a couple months he was ill, depressed, stressed, and dead mostly from rulership events. Is that normal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Kind of annoying that nieces and sisters are fair game, but not daughters or granddaughters. This guy was really hosed up and already had -10 from everybody for "Incestuous adulterer" so I don't know what would stop him.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Volkerball posted:

Finally got way of life, and naturally, I'm doing a cuck run.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

God what a dipshit. Finally got way of life, and naturally, I'm doing a cuck run.. But first I'll use the console to remove any adversity from the game and give myself a large amount of intrigue.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i'm going to do absolutely nothing but sleep with random women and i need to cheat like mad to make it happen

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

christ

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

God what a dipshit. Finally got way of life, and naturally, I'm doing a cuck run.. But first I'll use the console to remove any adversity from the game and give myself a large amount of intrigue.

It comes natural to Games Fags.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Gameslulz

Lazlow posted:

Yegads... baby factory... the ol' baloney ride... cuck..., no?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

Lol.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i'd rather read a thousand posts fromthe crazy slavs on the paradox forums whining how serbia or poland should be able to destroy the ottomans and austria at the same time and have cores on half of eastern europe than games' cuck jokes

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
ck2 question, has anyone actually managed to be reincarnated or what

for such a big selling point of roi i don't think i've ever seen it, literally, ever

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

i'd rather read a thousand posts fromthe crazy slavs on the paradox forums whining how serbia or poland should be able to destroy the ottomans and austria at the same time and have cores on half of eastern europe than games' cuck jokes

This. Crazy nationalists are at least charming. Games goons are just plain old faggots.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Does anyone else think its weird that the 700 AD start has a "Byzantine empire" where the Roman empire should be?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Raserys posted:

ck2 question, has anyone actually managed to be reincarnated or what

for such a big selling point of roi i don't think i've ever seen it, literally, ever

I'm looking at the code and it's a mess, but I think you need to have a minimum number of generations between them if I'm interpreting the nested father = { chains correctly. And possibly they need to have grandparents dead.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

Does anyone else think its weird that the 700 AD start has a "Byzantine empire" where the Roman empire should be?

:staredog:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
*sigh* you mean baselious rhomaion? The empire centered around konstinyeeye? the one sjouth of sjerjbiije? ugh... The one thej called cjonjonshejniople in thej njajive tjonj jjj jjjjjj jjjjjjjjjj jjjjj

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This. Crazy nationalists are at least charming. Games goons are just plain old faggots.

i'm going to make a polandball mod

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Pewdiepie posted:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This is what happened to the college after I converted.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Never mind thats my vassal bishops. How do you see the college of cardinals? I keep getting notifications that my shamans are being added to it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dukum Nukam

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Pewdiepie posted:

Never mind thats my vassal bishops. How do you see the college of cardinals? I keep getting notifications that my shamans are being added to it.

the hat on that page

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Why are norse men allowed to boat all the way around europe, though the mediterranean, through the danube, in order to land in Austria for a raid. gently caress off.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

they did that irl though

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

EvilMike posted:

they did that irl though

Every month?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I'm giving up on my game, as it its too drat frustrating to play as a Catholic who has rivers inside his territory.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I understand that the vikings raided the Byzantine empire like once. That's how the Varangian guard came to be. However, there is absolutely no precedent for vikings going past the bosphorous, into the black sea, into the Danube, all the way up the Danube, and getting off in the loving Alps in order to raid. Not only that it happens once a month or more often. I get punished if I dismiss my levies for even 1 week and I cant commit to any wars outside of my territories ever since I converted. gently caress you the Wiz for ruining one of my favorite games.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Oh and here's my favorite part - my nation is completely land locked.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

its so depressing moving between EU and CK2. Europa Universalis has more or less followed an upward track of getting better and more internally cohesive with every patch and dlc. Crusader Kings peaked somewhere around Old Gods or Sons of Abraham and has become an increasingly janky taped together mountain of half-baked mechanics rolled up like a dung beetle by notable retard groogy (way of life is pretty cool tho)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fuligin posted:

its so depressing moving between EU and CK2. Europa Universalis has more or less followed an upward track of getting better and more internally cohesive with every patch and dlc. Crusader Kings peaked somewhere around Old Gods or Sons of Abraham and has become an increasingly janky taped together mountain of half-baked mechanics rolled up like a dung beetle by notable retard groogy (way of life is pretty cool tho)

It's pissing me off.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Fuligin posted:

Dont worry it'll happen to EU too once they run out of obvious dlc ideas, just like what happened to CK2. Cant wait for the antarctica dlc!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

BBJoey posted:

obvious dlc ideas

wheres my crises of the fourteenth century dlc paradox

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Grand Imperial friend of the family Wiz would rather make a planet of the apes (South America) DLC rather than a things to do in peace

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

isnt it a paradox design goal or something to never add more things to do in peace to eu?

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

Fuligin posted:

groogy being a ck2 dev explains so much

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
everyone bitches about no stuff to do in peace in EU, but what can you actually add? vic2 and ck2 have stuff to do in peace b/c of core game mechanics, i dunno how you add that in DLC

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

El Wombato posted:

everyone bitches about no stuff to do in peace in EU, but what can you actually add? vic2 and ck2 have stuff to do in peace b/c of core game mechanics, i dunno how you add that in DLC

make dynasty mechanics make sense and add events and missions around them or something. Expand pretender revolts and legitimacy to include that stuff. Tack on like a focus or some poo poo like way of life and balance/diversify the current missions a little more and that's a dlc

find a way to make espionage not garbage in single player

decision to get a dog

Maybe expand religion mechanics? Outside of Christianity and I guess Hindu they're pretty much all just relations modifiers with static bonuses that will never ever change

bullshit timesink clickfest you can do with your navy for some marginal bonus

Expel the Jewry decision

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

In general its weird to me that a game set during the age of reason and the renaissance so completely ignores them. I mean you've got advisers n' poo poo but its not like those really have any connection. Maybe add a mechanic where you compete with other european nations to court great thinkers for prestige or monarch point boosts or something.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

abuse culture. posted:

make dynasty mechanics make sense and add events and missions around them or something. Expand pretender revolts and legitimacy to include that stuff. Tack on like a focus or some poo poo like way of life and balance/diversify the current missions a little more and that's a dlc

find a way to make espionage not garbage in single player

decision to get a dog

Maybe expand religion mechanics? Outside of Christianity and I guess Hindu they're pretty much all just relations modifiers with static bonuses that will never ever change

bullshit timesink clickfest you can do with your navy for some marginal bonus

Expel the Jewry decision

i'd want poo poo to do as a non-european as well tho. i think only conquest of paradise did that when they added the migration and tribal stuff for north americans but meanwhile meso/south americans (i hope the new xpac will give them cool poo poo to do at least?), africa and asia get jack poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I was in the goon games thread multiplayer game and i said wiz was a devil for not adding dynasty mechanics and other things to do in peace and everyone got really mad

El Dorado doesn't look awful though, I don't mind more things to make the MesoAmerican countries more fun. I just want dynasty/dynasty tags.