Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

KoRMaK posted:

Can't tell if it's just goons complaining about a thing that we should play past, or if its that bad anymore.

It was legit terrible. After every sentence spoken on stage, Disney's Goofy let out a "Huh-huh-huh-HUUUUUUH" followed by Daffy Duck chiming in from the back with "HOO-HOO!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Squack McQuack posted:

It was legit terrible. After every sentence spoken on stage, Disney's Goofy let out a "Huh-huh-huh-HUUUUUUH" followed by Daffy Duck chiming in from the back with "HOO-HOO!"
This would be an improvement

If those guys wanna laugh, they gotta do it in character. Thats the way we can fix this.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Oh man it's super good that the show is now out but I'm gonna have to wait three days for no reason until I can listen to it, rad

Sweet

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Toxxupation posted:

Oh man it's super good that the show is now out but I'm gonna have to wait three days for no reason until I can listen to it, rad

Sweet

Harmon's team needs their :10bux: every two months.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
There's no way they're going to make any money off of this, is there? The audio podcast is so obviously superior I don't know why anybody would pay extra for the video.

I got a three-month subscription when I bought the Harmontown documentary, but there's no way I'm paying for it after that. I wouldn't be surprised if all the money dries up after that.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'll buy a subscription if they ban the bad laughers

(this goes for all comedy shows, I would happily pay a premium to boot out people with bad laughs)

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
before anyone asks, there are indeed objectively bad laughs

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

before anyone asks, there are indeed objectively bad laughs

Is it the same guy? Can someone pull him aside and just have a small talk about it?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rochallor posted:

There's no way they're going to make any money off of this, is there? The audio podcast is so obviously superior I don't know why anybody would pay extra for the video.

I got a three-month subscription when I bought the Harmontown documentary, but there's no way I'm paying for it after that. I wouldn't be surprised if all the money dries up after that.

Yeah, same. The podcast does not at all translate over to visuals. There's a lot of distractingly weird things, like the way they do the show with everyone facing the audience rather than one another.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Rochallor posted:

There's no way they're going to make any money off of this, is there?

A nerd and his money are soon parted.

Seriously, the guys who are going to keep Harmontown afloat are the same ones who are Patreons, support Kickstarters and eagerly await their monthly shipment of poo poo-in-a-box (loot, socks, granola, whatever).

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 26, 2015

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Thanks to everybody being a complete baby, they brought the laughing guy on stage, first-thing, to clear the air.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

CPColin posted:

Thanks to everybody being a complete baby, they brought the laughing guy on stage, first-thing, to clear the air.

Wait, were you pro-Laughing Guy? He was actively (though not deliberately) ruining the podcast listening experience.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I was definitely not pro-Laughing Guy; I just ignored his intrusive laugh and found everybody's reaction to it to be way over the top.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

CPColin posted:

laughing guy was a lovely, annoying dude, dude, the hatred against him was deserved

that being said what was the segment like

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

It's not like harmon is reading the SomethingAwful TM forums

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Toxxupation posted:

laughing guy was a lovely, annoying dude, dude, the hatred against him was deserved

Nothing. It goes by like an annoying laugh in the wind.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I don't think I would have noticed the laughing guy as much if everybody hadn't been complaining about it beforehand. Erin (?) was on point when she called him Judge Doom.

There was a whoop-whoop sort of guy who had a distinctive laugh, too, but I don't remember hearing him in a while.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Toxxupation posted:

This is the worst part about the way the podcast is split now - some people in the thread listened/watched it already, some others won't hear it for another 2-3 days, it splits the discussion and whatnot. (This has nothing to do with you or your post, just a good example of why this sucks)

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Man I really loved this episode, too bad Jeff wasn't around, but Kumail and David Cross were great.
Also if you want a spoiler on the laughing guy:
turns out he's a super nice guy who at last episode got a little too high and was seated unfortunately very close to the audience mic. He was very aware of his laugh when on stage and even made sure to cover his mic with his hand whenever he laughed. For future episodes they'll keep an eye on audience levels, and laughing guy got a specific seat which should be further from the range of microphones.
And while we're on the subject of annoying people being quiet, no Goldberg being audible this episode! :woop:

I'm not sure I'm that eager to listen that I can't wait until the episode drops on Wednesday for future episodes but I gotta say I really appreciated having the video episode released today as the streams are way too late to be of use for me with this 3 month free subscription. Not making a case for them being a superior format, but for me I really enjoy seeing the show, but I'm obviously a vocal minority on that.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Zsinjeh posted:

vocal minority

If there's anything I've learned in the last few pages of this thread, it's that you do not want to be in the vocal minority.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

The Berzerker posted:

This is the worst part about the way the podcast is split now - some people in the thread listened/watched it already, some others won't hear it for another 2-3 days, it splits the discussion and whatnot. (This has nothing to do with you or your post, just a good example of why this sucks)

I don't know if it counts as :filez: to point out that you can edit the URL of the previous video to get the URL for this one. They didn't add any access restriction on it; they just didn't link to it.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
It's on Youtube, all the video ones are, and you can just look em up. They haven't started restricting it yet.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

EnsGDT posted:

If there's anything I've learned in the last few pages of this thread, it's that you do not want to be in the vocal minority.

Shut the gently caress up

:v:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Zsinjeh posted:

while we're on the subject of annoying people being quiet, no Goldberg being audible this episode!:

Probably because I wasn't there.
If I sent you a 3x5 glossy, will you put it on your dartboard and get over it?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

Probably because I wasn't there.
If I sent you a 3x5 glossy, will you put it on your dartboard and get over it?

I'll take one you dreamboat you. Cause I'm definitely pro Goldberg. Many randoms have been more annoying then you and you tended to get off the stage rather fast when you still went up. Also Jeff's over reaction to you is always entertaining.

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 27, 2015

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I've never seen Goldberg. Does he look as awkward in real life as he comes across on the radio?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Irish Joe posted:

I've never seen Goldberg. Does he look as awkward in real life as he comes across on the radio?

More so

Love you Adam

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Irish Joe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMkFU1Ktu98

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Holy Christ I am making a punching bag with your face on it

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I lolled during the first 20 seconds

it wears out almost immediately after that. Its not mde thats for sure

you can edit that into like 60 to 75 seconds of good stuff.

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 27, 2015

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Adam Goldberg more like Adam PanTheMicrophoneAudioAllTheWayToTheRightberg.

Maybe that's what they should do with the laughing guy: Mic him up separately and pipe his laughter into the Surround channel.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
You're so awkward that you can't even make solid eye contact with the camera.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I'm sorry but I had to stop because you used the phrase "Gas" which is could either be the true Propane or some sort of Natural gas. Let's not even talk about the fact you mentioned charcoal. You need to taste the meat not the heat and use propane as god intended.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Free MP3 is out:

You Make My Shadow Run with David Cross!

They do not play Shadowrun.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

You match your voice perfectly.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Evil Agita posted:

You match your voice perfectly.

So he looks like a shithead? :smug:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

So he looks like a shithead? :smug:

His head is a perfect cube.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

http://instagram.com/p/ybjrOAA4Oc/

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

It takes them 3 days to post the video podcast, and it's still under pay lock.

HARMON YOU DUMB FAT GREEDY MILEQUOST WHITE MOTHER FUCKER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Good timing.

133 - DeMorge Do You Know Jamal?

And the video version, which you can find by guessing URL's.