Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Organs
Feb 13, 2014

how come so many tiles on my xbox dashboard thingy are blank?? like, judging from how the xbox 360 dashboard worked i'm pretty sure a lot of these tiles should have images on them or something but a lot are just grey squares with text? i pinned all my games for example but instead of showing the art for them on the tiles its just grey squares? only a few of my achievements have artwork and others are just blank squares as well and the xbox store is literally just grey squares everywhere with writing on lol. i don't think it's supposed to look like this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Nothing, and more to contest Azure resources with (not less), respectively.

If he's a Microsoft fanboy I can understand that, but he needs to know he was rooting against the Xbox there.

I was making fun of this post:

hanyolo posted:

Isn't there a sharktank where all of these poo poo posts that no one cares about go? What does a surface table have to do with an xbox one?

Effort isn't my strong suit.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

hanyolo posted:

12 million satisfied gamers seems to dispute that :crafty:

I'm sorry your wrong choice in gaming system has driven you so mad that you need to post in this thread with the other sadbrains.

Sony released their numbers weeks ago. Please link your official Microsoft press release with these numbers.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Seedge posted:

Sony released their numbers weeks ago. Please link your official Microsoft press release with these numbers.

They're being beaten nearly 2:1 worldwide -- they won't say a goddamn thing ever.

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

Organs posted:

how come so many tiles on my xbox dashboard thingy are blank?? like, judging from how the xbox 360 dashboard worked i'm pretty sure a lot of these tiles should have images on them or something but a lot are just grey squares with text? i pinned all my games for example but instead of showing the art for them on the tiles its just grey squares? only a few of my achievements have artwork and others are just blank squares as well and the xbox store is literally just grey squares everywhere with writing on lol. i don't think it's supposed to look like this!

i fixed it!! turns out you just have to open internet explorer because?? :confused:

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

hanyolo posted:

Have to look up the numbers myself I guess

Definitely some enjoyable numbers

Definitely.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

It is a marathon, not a sprint in the sense that there is going to be a large appeal for charitable funding in order to make it worth the still-distant push to the finish line.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Yeah, Sony is doing good today too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Only a 1.54% loss for Sony. That's an improvement.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I think there was some weakness in the Windows business or something that caused the fall... the entire market is hosed today but not -10% hosed. Either way, as fun as it is to trash it, Xbox has at best a .00001% sway in investors minds when it comes to the stock.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

abagofcheetos posted:

Either way, as fun as it is to trash it, Xbox has at best a .00001% sway in investors minds when it comes to the stock.
Are you telling me, all other factors being equal, that the headline of "MS abandons all games, sells xbox to ___, in order to refcous on ___ market" would not cause the stock to trend up more than .00001%?

I see a 50 cent to a dollar bump upward as the signal that sends is far bigger than the size or value of xbone.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Haquer posted:

They're being beaten nearly 2:1 worldwide -- they won't say a goddamn thing ever.

Hey now they announced approaching 10 million shipped!

Granted without any indication of throughput in context this could mean shipping anything between 1 unit and 10 million units.

Microsoft magic accounting

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Hey now they announced approaching 10 million shipped!

Granted without any indication of throughput in context this could mean shipping anything between 1 unit and 10 million units.

Microsoft magic accounting

1,000,010 shipped. The space was intended as a comma since they felt that 10 of those consoles were particularly well shipped so they deserved to be singled out.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
A bunch of EA games are on sale on live today. If they ported NBA Jam On Fire Edition and updated the rosters, it'd be better than almost all these games.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare - $10
Battlefield 4 - $13.20
Battlefield 4 Premium Edition - $24
UFC - $10
Titanfall - $10
Titanfall Deluxe - 12.50:
Titanfall Season Pass - $6.25
Dragon Age: Inquisition - $35.99
Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe Edition - $41.99
Need for Speed Rivals: Complete Edition - $15
Peggle 2 Magical Masters Edition - $4.95
NHL 15 - $24
NBA Live 15 - $19.80
JUST DANCE 2015 - $30

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Spacebump posted:

A bunch of EA games are on sale on live today. If they ported NBA Jam On Fire Edition and updated the rosters, it'd be better than almost all these games.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare - $10
Battlefield 4 - $13.20
Battlefield 4 Premium Edition - $24
UFC - $10
Titanfall - $10
Titanfall Deluxe - 12.50:
Titanfall Season Pass - $6.25
Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe Edition - $41.99
Need for Speed Rivals: Complete Edition - $15
Peggle 2 Magical Masters Edition - $4.95
NHL 15 - $24
NBA Live 15 - $19.80
JUST DANCE 2015 - $30

Madden "my hand touched your face" 15 I think is (or was) also on sale for $24 ($28 in Canada) with a few extra DLC items in a Super Bowl bundle.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Is this a good deal? I loved DA:O but DA2 was one of the worst games I've ever played. Metacritic looks very torn.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Saladman posted:

Is this a good deal? I loved DA:O but DA2 was one of the worst games I've ever played. Metacritic looks very torn.

I was sort of the same way, and felt like the game was an odd mix of the two with a well thought out "You're the leader of an army!" thing going on that was new. I would say be wary if you really hated DA2 that much.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Saladman posted:

If the reason you loved one was meticulously planning combat and playing it like Baldurs Gate just hard pass. Otherwise I think it was the most enjoyable entry in the series even if there is some small really dumb bugs/decisions and dumb legacy things they haven't fixed over 3 games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

EA and bioware cut interesting/distinctive elements out of their games with each sequel to up the focus on bland 3rd person action as the audience gets wider for the ip.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Barudak posted:

If the reason you loved one was meticulously planning combat and playing it like Baldurs Gate just hard pass. Otherwise I think it was the most enjoyable entry in the series even if there is some small really dumb bugs/decisions and dumb legacy things they haven't fixed over 3 games.

Yeah, I got like 120 hours of playtime out of it. I think Barudak hits the nail on the head with his recommendation. The people that don't like it generally still think the combat is too changed from DA1. DA3 is my favorite.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Haquer posted:

In Craftyland it's approaching November 81st so we're going to see some really good numbers soon. And we all know we can trust a guy who didn't know what an SSD was.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

In Craftyland it's approaching November 81st so we're going to see some really good numbers soon. And we all know we can trust a guy who didn't know what an SSD was.

He's too busy approaching 10 million hours logged in Sunset City to post anymore. Maybe snap stopped working?

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

a guy who didn't know what an SSD was.

:vince:

Also mods please change my name to that.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Link to post plz

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Link to post plz

He has 51 pages of posts ITT (approaching 10 million) so gently caress trying to find it, just know that he didn't know what an SSD was and declared that anyone who did know what this new fangled acronym meant was a turbonerd.

He then went on to mistake touch tone phone for touchscreen which is like the same mistake in reverse?

Crafty is both an out of touch grandpa and a retarded millenial.

Edit: thx Wayne

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3608847&pagenumber=697&perpage=40#post439967550

Go back a few for the touch confusion.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jan 28, 2015

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
he is at once a microsoft employee and an xbone customer

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

he is at once a microsoft employee and an xbone customer

All In One

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Looks like Marc Whitten hasn't mellowed an ounce since voluntarily moving over to Sonos

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

abagofcheetos posted:

Either way, as fun as it is to trash it,
You should get out more. Seriously.

Do you want to end up like shadow puppet - one NPD result away from suicide?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
he's right, imagine the absolute shame we'd all have to endure if they started selling Bones for 200 dollars

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

he's right, imagine the absolute shame we'd all have to endure if they started selling Bones for 200 dollars

Imagine buying one for double that price, twice

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I don't find that very plausible. I mean, for one, to stave off the buyers remorse you would have to spend more time tilting at windmills on internet forums than actually playing either console.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 28, 2015

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

He has 51 pages of posts ITT (approaching 10 million) so gently caress trying to find it, just know that he didn't know what an SSD was and declared that anyone who did know what this new fangled acronym meant was a turbonerd.

He then went on to mistake touch tone phone for touchscreen which is like the same mistake in reverse?

Crafty is both an out of touch grandpa and a retarded millenial.

Edit: thx Wayne

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3608847&pagenumber=697&perpage=40#post439967550

Go back a few for the touch confusion.

What have i done?!!?!!?!!?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
sss...s.s.s.s....s.s..s.s..s.s..SSDuck my DICK

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

shadow puppet of a posted:

Looks like Marc Whitten hasn't mellowed an ounce since voluntarily moving over to Sonos

go on

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Marc backwards is pretty close to Cra-fty. I'm just saying. Why else is he such a dogged defender?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:golfclap:

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
I don't get it, and I don't want it explained to me. I can't take it.

• Locked thread