Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

FMguru posted:

cucking with smythe

Noice

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

FMguru posted:

cucking with smythe

chuckling with smythe

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug

Tangra posted:

chuckling with smythe

this is my default m.o.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Smythe posted:

Send it to me.

do it

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i'm ok with that dur send it to whoever big guy.

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

MrMoo posted:

the dumping of KitKat or whatever updates is pretty much the only passive aggressive way google can bring users to complain upon vendors and carriers continually pushing old garbage versions.
lollipop is complete garbage and has a huge problem with activesync accounts on the nexus. battery issues, wifi issues, bluetooth issues, cellular data stops working, the phone stops using the correct video player for no reason, or the phone stops starting up. it just quits on you and you get a screen full of dots.

The good news is you can just sideload some random replacement apps, restart your phone, change your apn settings, factory reset your phone, turn it off for 30 seconds and try again, just leave it on for a long time, and any of these steps might fix your phone.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

its not hate, im simply trying to improve the forums. Last Chance posts bad, unfunny YOSPOS memes whitenoise in non-chat threads. That's not acceptable.

look in the mirror

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

lampey posted:

lollipop is complete garbage and has a huge problem with activesync accounts on the nexus. battery issues, wifi issues, bluetooth issues, cellular data stops working, the phone stops using the correct video player for no reason, or the phone stops starting up. it just quits on you and you get a screen full of dots.

The good news is you can just sideload some random replacement apps, restart your phone, change your apn settings, factory reset your phone, turn it off for 30 seconds and try again, just leave it on for a long time, and any of these steps might fix your phone.
works fine for me

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

activesync is a haunting garbage presence which corrupts everything around it

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

do you mean ms???

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Cocoa Crispies posted:

look in the mirror

:frogout:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
my handyman added me on g+

i didn't even know i still had g+

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cocoa Crispies posted:

look in the mirror

Hmm...

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Stymie posted:

"she" is the preferred pronoun for someone of indeterminate gender as 51% of the population are women and therefore odds are better that an individual is a woman rather than a man

statistically, Stymie is right

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

statistically, Stymie is right

loving statists

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
how is there any doubt that smythe is a guy

like have you people ever seen a smythe post

or watched anything at all on his youtube channel

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i'd link a cooking with smythe episode but they're gone what happened why did you make the videos gone smythe :smith:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i imagine its like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOYq2dcu9uI

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

how is there any doubt that smythe is a guy

like have you people ever seen a smythe post

or watched anything at all on his youtube channel

the hope that there is a variation from 25-35 white guy

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i'd link a cooking with smythe episode but they're gone what happened why did you make the videos gone smythe :smith:

the trolls butthurt him really bad.

which really sucks because literally everyone in yospos liked the videos

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
they weren't which was why they were so great

Sagebrush posted:

the trolls butthurt him really bad.

which really sucks because literally everyone in yospos liked the videos
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck :(

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
it saddens me that people are mean to smythe

dont be mean to smythe people

:smith:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

smythe bad poster be mean to him 24/7 smoek weed

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

google have been busy making changes to the google apps admin control panel, but not in a way that adds any features at all, oh no.

quote:

At Google I/O last June, we introduced material design, a single underlying design system that allows for a beautiful unified experience across platforms and device sizes. You’ve seen these design principles applied to many of Google’s products recently, and today we’re announcing that the Admin console is next in line.

here's a side-by-side comparison

http://goo.gl/sy6ESj

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the floating buttons are stupid but the rest looks better

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

cthulhoo posted:

activesync is a haunting garbage presence which corrupts everything around it

active sync is great and its google's insistence on getting rid of it that has hosed everything up for gmail

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Shaggar posted:

active sync is great and its google's insistence on getting rid of it that has hosed everything up for gmail

shaggar was right

about the gmail part at least. it still works on my old iphone 4 that was registered years ago, why the gently caress cant they support newer devices also (the answer is anroid)

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

shaggar was right

about the gmail part at least. it still works on my old iphone 4 that was registered years ago, why the gently caress cant they support newer devices also (the answer is anroid)

its because google wants you to use the gmail app if u want gmail push notifications. guess they're cool with me forwarding those emails to icloud mail though.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Beeftweeter posted:

shaggar was right

the support page was never updated: https://support.google.com/a/answer/135937?hl=en

:lol: crackberry 10

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Last Chance posted:

its because google wants you to use the gmail app if u want gmail push notifications. guess they're cool with me forwarding those emails to icloud mail though.

i dont want to use a separate app for email, ios already gives me a unified inbox

i'd be fine with forwarding to icloud but sometimes i need to reply to things with my gmail address

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
just pull every 30 minutes and stop being a slave to email

imessages is for important poo poo anyway

unless you're a computer janitor that actually needs timely email on a saturday afternoon in which case lol @ u and ur life

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

shaggar was right

if you unregister it it will break forever and you cant reregister.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they stopped using active sync because it allows people to use whatever device + mail client they want because it is a standard.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Shaggar posted:

if you unregister it it will break forever and you cant reregister.

ya i still have it registered even though i use the gmail app now

i can't remember why i think for contact sync maybe or something?

i dunno

anyhow push email is overrated but i don't even have notifications turned on at all and check my email 2x per day or so

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
It still works for google apps though, i do like the new admin panel, the old one was quite a mess.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
google apps actually look not horrible compared to the schizophrenic design turds that msft are squeezing out lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

ya i still have it registered even though i use the gmail app now

i can't remember why i think for contact sync maybe or something?

i dunno

anyhow push email is overrated but i don't even have notifications turned on at all and check my email 2x per day or so

contact active sync still works cause its not very useful for consumers, but is a way to trick you into accidentally syncing your phone's contacts w/ your google account

• Locked thread