Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Waterhaul posted:

This can't be true when Doakes had been gotten rid of in season 2 :colbert:

Funny enough she wrote his death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

Not seen any of her work then?

I've seen her play Annoying as gently caress in any number of things and nothing that actually stands out.

(No, she wasn't good in Breaking Bad. She was... there.)

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I like David Tennant a lot because I enjoy Doctor Who but even outside of that people say he's amazing in Broadchurch.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

I've seen her play Annoying as gently caress in any number of things and nothing that actually stands out.

(No, she wasn't good in Breaking Bad. She was... there.)

Watch Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, this is a thing.

I mean there's no way in hell Disney will give permission unless they get something in return-or they might just up and refuse outright.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Don't know how Tennant is in Dr Who, but he's fantastic in Broadchurch.

But maybe 80% of his talent comes from his Scottish accent, so it could be he's only at 20% strength in an American show.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well, this is a thing.

I mean there's no way in hell Disney will give permission unless they get something in return-or they might just up and refuse outright.
Wow, the leaked trailer is pretty sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxk8aUei_p0

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well, this is a thing.

I don't think they'd announce it if negotiations weren't going well. Obviously Disney is going to get a piece, but I bet they're looking at the success DC has had in TV by having multiple shows on different channels and not caring quite so much about continuity, and since the X-Men are already separate from the MCU, they think "gently caress it, have a TV show."

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I've never read Jessica Jones, and I've never seen anything with Krysten Ritter that I know of, so it's perfect casting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I don't think they'd announce it if negotiations weren't going well. Obviously Disney is going to get a piece, but I bet they're looking at the success DC has had in TV by having multiple shows on different channels and not caring quite so much about continuity, and since the X-Men are already separate from the MCU, they think "gently caress it, have a TV show."

Well, it's also a tactic.

Now if it falls apart the public blames Disney/Marvel.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

fatherboxx posted:

Tennant chews scenery like a goddamn Langolier, looking forward to see him play a comic book villain.

Looks like Purple Man is right up his alley. The infamous obligatory Secret Smile line of his:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoUdPin-dhU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but they really don't like Fox making money off their properties, and anything that lets them hold onto the license longer is something I don't think they like that much. Spite is a powerful motivator, especially since apparently they also put a hold on X-Men merchandising.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

greatn posted:

I've never read Jessica Jones, and I've never seen anything with Krysten Ritter that I know of, so it's perfect casting.

I will say I don't think she's got the look, but she's a fine actress and will probably do a good job. I don't know the guy playing Luke Cage, but as far as I'm concerned Marvel haven't made a single bad casting announcement for these Netflix shows yet.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If I was doing an Xmen TV series, I'd do like a New Mutants series. Something self contained with a younger cast that is equal superhero show and school show.

Though I admit I just want to see Cannonball, Sunspot and Magik on screen.

I'm nigh invulnerable while i'm blastin'!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

twistedmentat posted:

If I was doing an Xmen TV series, I'd do like a New Mutants series. Something self contained with a younger cast that is equal superhero show and school show.

Though I admit I just want to see Cannonball, Sunspot and Magik on screen.

I'm nigh invulnerable while i'm blastin'!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ah I don't remember that. It seems the lobotomy seemed to have worked.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
As many have said, the MCU is almost better off without mutants... so Marvel, if you're listening, let Fox have their dumb show but make them give back the loving Fantastic Four properties. Hell, even if it's just the associated characters, Silver Surfer, Doom, Galactus, there's some sick poo poo there. Maybe even go for blood and go for full or shared custody on the X-Men cosmic/non-mutant stuff like the Shi'ar and Gladiator and the Windjammers and Abigail Brand and Savage Land.

That would be a great deal that be pretty much win-win for everyone.

i do realize marvel is not listening

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Marvel also benefits from vetoing Fox on stuff like this though. Marvel doesn't want a market over saturated by poo poo they don't fully own nor control. Right now, for superheroes, it is Disney vs. Time Warner/CBS tag team. Allowing Fox to enter the fray (and profit off of both sides since they have Gotham too) isn't really that beneficial to Disney at this point.

I personally hope they block it, unless they manage to get some FF stuff back in trade, then it might be worth it since the most likely case is that this show dies in the first season anyway.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I also think Tennant is a bad actor, for what it's worth.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

ufarn posted:

Wow, the leaked trailer is pretty sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxk8aUei_p0

I remember liking that show, but man, Fox was totally right, I always thought it was related to the X-Men.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

On tonight's Flash the words Speed Force were said out loud.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

XboxPants posted:

As many have said, the MCU is almost better off without mutants... so Marvel, if you're listening, let Fox have their dumb show but make them give back the loving Fantastic Four properties. Hell, even if it's just the associated characters, Silver Surfer, Doom, Galactus, there's some sick poo poo there. Maybe even go for blood and go for full or shared custody on the X-Men cosmic/non-mutant stuff like the Shi'ar and Gladiator and the Windjammers and Abigail Brand and Savage Land.

That would be a great deal that be pretty much win-win for everyone.

i do realize marvel is not listening

Umm apparently Marvel is doing a F4 reboot:

Official F4 Teaser Trailer

I can't tell if it's supposed to tie into the greater MCU, but the visuals at least are pretty impressive. :stare:

e: Nevermind that's Fox still, gently caress I could have sworn I saw the marvel page flipping at the beginning. I must be tired.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 28, 2015

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

WarLocke posted:

Umm apparently Marvel is doing a F4 reboot:

Official F4 Teaser Trailer

I can't tell if it's supposed to tie into the greater MCU, but the visuals at least are pretty impressive. :stare:

e: Nevermind that's Fox still, gently caress I could have sworn I saw the marvel page flipping at the beginning. I must be tired.

You did see that page flipping, its before every Marvel comic movie whether its made by their studio or by Sony/Fox.

Not sure how you could miss the news that Fox was doing a new F4 movie though.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

mikeraskol posted:

You did see that page flipping, its before every Marvel comic movie whether its made by their studio or by Sony/Fox.

Must not be reading the Doom Blog :doom:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

mikeraskol posted:

Because they've not been doing the massive multi-year hype fest that Marvel does and that some people expect for some reason.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

On tonight's Flash the words Speed Force were said out loud.

The door to crazy town has been kicked wide open.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

The door to crazy town has been kicked wide open.

It was grabbed on both sides and pulled apart.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Because they've not been doing the massive multi-year hype fest that Marvel does and that some people expect for some reason.

Well I don't have a television so I miss out on most hype poo poo anyway.

Apparently I had managed to never see it mentioned on the internets. Somehow?

Welp.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

mikeraskol posted:

I follow all this stuff moderately and the FF stuff has been very under the radar. Outside of the casting news, the only other blip FF made was on the supposed leaked script, and that only really made the rounds of websites the average fan would never bother reading. Marvel and DC have done huge hype generating press releases and what not for their movie announcements and this trailer was kind of just dumped on the public by Fox with little to no fanfare by comparison.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The trailer is actually attached to Fox movie Kingsmen (based on Mark Millar's The Secret Service) which I think is already out in the UK.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It's one thing to not know news or trailers or random clickbait rumors, but to not be aware that they were doing a new film at all is bit much. The whole thing about a black Johnny Storm was pretty much everywhere when it first got announced.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

WarLocke posted:

Well I don't have a television so I miss out on most hype poo poo anyway.

Apparently I had managed to never see it mentioned on the internets. Somehow?

Welp.

It's got Michael B Jordan as Johnny Storm, I'm kinda hyped for it.

But yeah, all the movies based on Marvel properties have that Marvel logo at the beginning. All the X-Men movies and Spider-Man movies have the same thing.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

BrianWilly posted:

It's one thing to not know news or trailers or random clickbait rumors, but to not be aware that they were doing a new film at all is bit much. The whole thing about a black Johnny Storm was pretty much everywhere when it first got announced.

That kind of stupid poo poo is the kind of thing that lasts a few slow news cycles and then is forgotten quickly though.

The amount of PR done for this is only really unusual compared to the way companies like Marvel do it. I doubt that many people know that movies like the new Mad Max, Tomorrowland and Mission Impossible 5 are coming out this year, but they will in the weeks leading up to release.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I feel like Mad Max trailer went viral on social media already. I only just heard about Mission Impossible 5 today (through the Facebook sidebar.)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

ToastyPotato posted:

I feel like Mad Max trailer went viral on social media already. I only just heard about Mission Impossible 5 today (through the Facebook sidebar.)

Mad Max has had a trailer out for a little while, as have Terminator and Jurassic World, but they weren't things that were big news for 12+ months before their actual release (unlike Captain America 3 or BvS).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That Mad Max trailer is so bad.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

And yet it's the only one of the three films that has any reason to exist besides safe money.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Aphrodite posted:

I Am going to make the wild prediction that it will be like any other 80 remake/revival we have seen so far: not 100% terrible, but ultimately way to safe too be memorable and thus, vastly inferior to its original counterpart.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You guys know it's being made by the original director and that he's been trying to get it made for like 16 years, right? This isn't like the Robocop remake. I mean, it could still suck, but I doubt it's going to be bland.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

e X posted:

I Am going to make the wild prediction that it will be like any other 80 remake/revival we have seen so far: not 100% terrible, but ultimately way to safe too be memorable and thus, vastly inferior to its original counterpart.

It's being made by the same guy that made the other two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

e X posted:

The original Mad Max? Which outside of some indie appeal is probably the least memorable of the three? No one quotes Mad Max, FYI. Its the second and third everyone talks about.

Lurdiak posted:

You guys know it's being made by the original director and that he's been trying to get it made for like 16 years, right? This isn't like the Robocop remake. I mean, it could still suck, but I doubt it's going to be bland.

Also this.

I don't see what's so bad about the Fury Road trailer. None of the Mad Max films were masterpieces, so I am not sure why people are tearing the new one apart, unless they've always hated every Mad Max movie. I mean, yeah the inclusion and focus on "pretty women in peril" is kind of dumb but everything else looks pretty awesome as far as action movies go. Not really sure what it is being compared against.