Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

So me and a buddy are going halves on an RG double pack containing the justice and the freedom. Are either of those significantly better than the other or are they about the same?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Neither of them can do much without an AB, but Bandai was at least kind enough to include a little prop for the Justice so you can theoretically pose it standing with its backpack unfolded.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

BlitzBlast posted:

Neither of them can do much without an AB, but Bandai was at least kind enough to include a little prop for the Justice so you can theoretically pose it standing with its backpack unfolded.

I have some ABs, although I really need to get around to ordering some more.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This ZZ talk that was taking place a while ago is very relevant given that Bandai is going to actually have a HG kit for the Trion.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jan 28, 2015

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This ZZ talk that was taking a while ago is very relevant given that Bandai is going to actually have a HG kit for the Trion.

Yesssss... :shepspends:

I mean, it's possible after watching the latest BFT that someone would not want the Trion, but it's one of those theoretical people that will never be observed in the real world.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Who wants to see what you get in a Hi-Mock?

I forgot to do a comparison picture, but it's pretty much the same size as any other HG, albeit a little wider.

And has some insane flexibility in its joints, considering its price point. The head can only turn about 45 degrees in each direction though, due to a notch sitting in a groove. It's very easy to lift out though, as the polycap's resting in a long groove rather than notched in. The side and top backpack slots all have polycap rings in them to better hold accessories. The calf and wrist ones don't, but they're tight and deep enough (:pervert:) to hold stuff properly.

But the real fun with the Hi-Mock is to customize it, so I finally broke out my Gunpla Battle Arm Arms.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

EthanSteele posted:

You airbrushlers that use the Humbrol clear gloss stuff, what do you use to clean out the airbrush afterwards?

Acetone.

I won't be the first to do it, but I'll have Char's Mock done as soon as I have a kit.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This ZZ talk that was taking place a while ago is very relevant given that Bandai is going to actually have a HG kit for the Trion.

The best part is that it being a fiddly combiner model will even be true to the show!

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander

TARDISman posted:

Shaldoll Rogue from AGE has an arm cannon. It's what I'm planning on using it for my inevitable Shaldoll Aran vs. Ridleyzine project.

clip that cannon down a bit.. paint it all up in alternating light and dark blue.. Mega Mega Man!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

slightpirate posted:

clip that cannon down a bit.. paint it all up in alternating light and dark blue.. Mega Mega Man!

I'm either clipping the cannon down for Power Beam or making red detail lines all down the thing and make it Plasma Beam mode for Shaldoll Aran.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Where's the shield from? And why does it have a mono eye?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
it's from the gunpla battle arms set

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Because mono-eyes are the best thing in Gundam design, obviously.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

can you guys tell me whether Vagan Gear or SID received a model kit release? I'm rather new to this and I can't find a solid answe

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
No, of course not. It's way too big, and AGE wasn't nearly popular enough to get something that complex a kit.

For future reference, check dalong or the gundam wiki if you ever wonder if something got a kit.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I did check Gundam Wiki and I found this weirdness that looked like SOME kind of model for SID. But my apologies for bothering everyone

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

TFRazorsaw posted:

I did check Gundam Wiki and I found this weirdness that looked like SOME kind of model for SID. But my apologies for bothering everyone

It's not a bother. :)

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

PoptartsNinja posted:

Please tell me you're going to use the Titus shoulders.

It's the second best use of them after a Madoka.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Use it as a Titan instead. :unsmigghh:

Already got an MG Zaku for that. Checked the dimensions and everything. :orks101:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

An Angry Bug posted:

Already got an MG Zaku for that. Checked the dimensions and everything. :orks101:

Please tell me you made it look looted... I want to see an Ork Zaku.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
The decals went onto the GM QUEL last night and I put on the second coat of topcoat a while ago. I'll have photos hopefully tomorrow.

Meanwhile, my Rick Dom took some scratches in the topcoat en route to/from a Gundam Planet meetup. I figured I'd roll with it and take a shot at battle damage. Have some photos, with a quick and easy methodology write-up afterwards for constructive criticism.

-Bullet holes were done by drilling with a #61 pin vise (which later snapped, my own fault) that were slightly opened up with the point of a soldering iron. Excess plastic was trimmed, but some was left to denote an impact. Tamiya chrome silver acrylic was drybrushed on.
-Paint chips were the tip of a brush in Tamiya Chrome Silver, gently tapped onto a few spots.
-Beam saber strikes were drags of the soldering iron. Excess was trimmed, some was left to show sabering. Tamiya Chrome Silver was drybrushed on.
-Slight wear on the upper chest gray part's bottom rim was done by lowest speed Dremel 80-grit wheel, drybrushed Tamiya Chrome Silver.
-Large hemispherical impacts were done with a Dremel engraving bit at lowest speed, roughly done, drybrushed Tamiya Chrome Silver.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Feddies, please stop trying to shoot Doms in the dick.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

EthanSteele posted:

But that's where the armor is thickest! If the feds stop being dicks about Dom dick, they might actually start doing some real damage.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

EthanSteele posted:

Do you have a problem with nut shots?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

EthanSteele posted:

Little known fact, the Federation training program features a large amount of playing Zone of the Enders.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

muike posted:

it's from the gunpla battle arms set

It also came with an alternate green metallic visor sticker, but it didn't seem right somehow...

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
What's the appropriate color to paint Gundam eyes with so I never have to bother with another stupid face sticker

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

signalnoise posted:

What's the appropriate color to paint Gundam eyes with so I never have to bother with another stupid face sticker

That varies suit to suit, but green or yellow are usually the most common colors.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

They sell a gundam eye color paint pen.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

TheManSeries posted:

They sell a gundam eye color paint pen.

THis is more what I was trying to get at, is it just actually called "eye color" or is there a certain pen number I need?

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Numbers I found were GM09 Eye Green, GM15 Fluorescent Green, GM14 Fluorescent Pink and GM08 Gundam Yellow, which should cover you for the various eye colors.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I'm using Mr. Color GX 105 Clear Pink for monoeyes from here on out - I used it on my Rick Dom to great effect. Goes on like butter.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Vallejo sells an acrylic paint called deep sky blue, that should cover the jarring absence of a blue gundam marker

#70.844

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
I usually do a chrome enamel with some clear green/blue/red over it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Pretty sure it was in the Gundam thread, but that needs to be shown to that one guy who thought that nobody cared about the Beargguy.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

TaurusOxford posted:

Pretty sure it was in the Gundam thread, but that needs to be shown to that one guy who thought that nobody cared about the Beargguy.

For a kit described in-continuity as "a gunpla made for girls" it's probably got some of the broadest appeal of any kit.

Can you still get the original Beargguy? I remember seeing it said the Gunpla Builders kits were pretty limited.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

^I'm an idiot who can't read, sorry

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10245722
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...0%24pagecnt%3D1

Once assembled, you realize it's huge next to the :supaburn: gundam.

Ka0 fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 30, 2015

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

BizarroAzrael posted:

For a kit described in-continuity as "a gunpla made for girls" it's probably got some of the broadest appeal of any kit.

Can you still get the original Beargguy? I remember seeing it said the Gunpla Builders kits were pretty limited.

That one's pretty popular so you shouldn't have much problem finding it. One of my friends picked it up at a convention and they had tons.

Edit: here's one

My friend is painting it like Kamen Rider because she loving loves Kamen Rider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Wrong beargguy. Post above me linked the correct one though it ships from japan via SAL so might as well get this one: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10122422