Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Prawned posted:

I loved witcher's 1 and 2 so much I am almost convinced to break my "NO-PREORDERING GAMES YOU loving FUCKHEAD" rule for this

I already broke this rule :(

CDPR is the only company I will do this for, though. They were smart enough to push the game back twice to put more time into making sure it isnt hosed. I am upset that I do not get to devote a week in February to playing and instead have to devote a week to playing it in May instead, when it will be nice outside. But otherwise I am extremely pleased to know that CDPR cares enough to delay the game to try to deliver a good product on official release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Bort Bortles posted:

I already broke this rule :(

CDPR is the only company I will do this for, though. They were smart enough to push the game back twice to put more time into making sure it isnt hosed. I am upset that I do not get to devote a week in February to playing and instead have to devote a week to playing it in May instead, when it will be nice outside. But otherwise I am extremely pleased to know that CDPR cares enough to delay the game to try to deliver a good product on official release.

"CDPR is the only company..."

"Firaxis is the only company..."

"Blizzard is the only company..."

"Obsidian is the only company..."

"Bethesda is the only company..."

We've all been there so many times :(

That said I pre-ordered this months ago. I'm loving pumped.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

"CDPR is the only company..."

"Firaxis is the only company..."

"Blizzard is the only company..."

"Obsidian is the only company..."

"Bethesda is the only company..."

We've all been there so many times :(

That said I pre-ordered this months ago. I'm loving pumped.

Who the hell has said that about Firaxis, Obsidian and Bethesda?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Firaxis makes bad pc games and bad mobile games now.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Pre-ordered the day I could because :v:

At least they have the track record, good showing, and the willingness to delay to fix poo poo to alleviate any worries I'd have about this. I just want it in a couple weeks, not months! :allears: Rendering a trailer with a solid date on it...

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

cheesetriangles posted:

Firaxis makes bad pc games and bad mobile games now.

X-Com, Civ5. Not bad games.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

X-Com, Civ5. Not bad games.

Civ5 was loving terrible at launch.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
This is basically dark fantasy Huniepop.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Andrast posted:

Civ5 was loving terrible at launch.

But it's not bad now, by any stretch of the imagination. Which is more than you can say for virtually every other studio that's released a bad game.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

But it's not bad now, by any stretch of the imagination. Which is more than you can say for virtually every other studio that's released a bad game.

I find it hilarious that a conversation just started up about Civ5 in the Paradox general thread. Civ5 is loving awful and always will be. Annihilation-style Tactical combat on a Strategic map was the worst loving thing. Cities having a ranged attack was the stupidest idea I have ever seen...it is literally impossible to siege a city down (e.g. starve it out - the most common way to siege a city in history) because the city will nuke all of your units AND the city will never surrender unless assaulted!

That is all I am going to say about it though because this is not a Civ5 thread and do not want to start or perpetuate a derail.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

You captured cities by assault in every other Civ game too :confused:

I'm super hype for TW3! I've already bought it on Steam and I've already updated my video card and C Drive.

I'm very excited to hear about a less clunky inventory and an open world, those were two of two's issues that kept me from finishing it. The inventory system more so.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I'm ironclad about no more preorders. Even a good game may need to be patched, I don't need to play anything on day one.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Lycus posted:

I'm ironclad about no more preorders. Even a good game may need to be patched, I don't need to play anything on day one.

Well neither Witcher titles needed patching! :colbert:

They just needed Extended Editions that only happened to fix some pretty bad bugs / gameplay by happenstance. Definitely not a patch though, NOPE!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cities in other civ games did not have a built-in ranged attack, and got weaker the smaller the city's population, so you could weaken the city before you assaulted by sitting on its high food tiles. In Civ5 a city alone can destroy a unit in two turns and hold a ranged unit in it that does a ton of its own damage :c00lbutt:.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

They just needed Extended Editions that only happened to fix some pretty bad bugs / gameplay by happenstance. Definitely not a patch though, NOPE!

No pants on anyone in Flotsam was working as designed, amiright?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Bort Bortles posted:

Flotsam was just the victim of a casual friday policy that just crept up and took over the rest of the week.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I still remember how I couldn't play Witcher 2 when I bought it because I was one of the people hit with that bug that made bombs unusable until they fixed it a few months later. That sucked.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Lycus posted:

I still remember how I couldn't play Witcher 2 when I bought it because I was one of the people hit with that bug that made bombs unusable until they fixed it a few months later. That sucked.

Why would you need bombs though?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Bombs are why I was able to beat the game on insane without pulling my hair out.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

W2's inventory was also hot garbage until they integrated that UI mod some dude made, over a year after release.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Yea pretty sure Witcher 1 needed a patch at release too.

That being said I love CDPR and the Witcher games and preordered Witcher 3 at the first opportunity sometime last year.

Its pretty much the only game next to Hotline Miami 2 that I want to play over the next 3-6 months

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
CDPR is giving me a 20% discount for preordering at GOG because I bought the prior Witcher games thru them. That's the kind of fan loyalty I can dig.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Bort Bortles posted:

heh heh heh

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

The Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition: Geralt and Triss Wear Pants For Once

Oh no Geralt, we fell into a pit while being pursued by enemies! Good thing we have pants on else we'd be having sex for sixteen hours.

Quote-Unquote fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 28, 2015

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Quote-Unquote posted:

The Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition: Geralt and Triss Wear Pants For Once

Oh no Geralt, we fell into a pit while being pursued by enemies! Good thing we have pants on else we'd be having sex for sixteen hours.

It's a QTE!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

OAquinas posted:

It's a QTE!

What is this GTA: San Andreas?

:wiggle: or :heysexy: better here? Or perhaps :mmmhmm: ?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 29, 2015

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

OAquinas posted:

It's a QTE!

A 16 hour qte sex scene? Is David Cage making this game?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Quote-Unquote posted:

A 16 hour qte sex scene? Is David Cage making this game?

The Wild Hunt is just a Matrix ghost of a long dead religious culture who's after Geralt and Triss' unborn child of the ancient texts.

e: Oh, and Yennefer is actually their child sent back from the future to stop the machines from enslaving humanity but Dandelion abducted her ten years prior and wiped Geralt's memory to test him and see if he can find her and get her back to prove he's #1 Dad.

Also Dandelion is David Bowie.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jan 29, 2015

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I seem to remember back for the Witcher 2 there a Semi official mod to rework the combat system and skill trees to the new combat designer's liking, Considering I want to play it again before witcher 3 comes out does anyone have any experience with it?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The Wild Hunt is just a Matrix ghost of a long dead religious culture who's after Geralt and Triss' unborn child of the ancient texts.

e: Oh, and Yennefer is actually their child sent back from the future to stop the machines from enslaving humanity but Dandelion abducted her ten years prior and wiped Geralt's memory to test him and see if he can find her and get her back to prove he's #1 Dad.

Also Dandelion is David Bowie.

Preorder reinstated

E: oh poo poo, Ciri has short brown hair. This is going to get creepy really fast.

Quote-Unquote fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 29, 2015

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

GrossMurpel posted:

Because they're great and fun?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

GrossMurpel posted:

If you aren't setting enemies on fire with Dancing Stars, you're playing the game wrong.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
I have a question for Comte de Saint-Germain, not sure if he can answer it but. Why was Yennefer added so far into the series? Won't it be a little difficult to make the players care about the character if Triss was in both previous ones? Or was it due to the fact that Sapkowski's fans (me included) didn't really like Yennefer as a character?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I'm the wrong person to ask for all sorts of reasons. But I think we do a pretty good job of explaining to the player, at least, who Yenn is and what her relationship is to Geralt and vice versa.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Terminally Bored posted:

I have a question for Comte de Saint-Germain, not sure if he can answer it but. Why was Yennefer added so far into the series? Won't it be a little difficult to make the players care about the character if Triss was in both previous ones? Or was it due to the fact that Sapkowski's fans (me included) didn't really like Yennefer as a character?

How can you not like Yennefer after reading the novels?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Everybody I know who read the books pretty much hated her. I never found her interesting and her relationship with Geralt was really weird. And there was this really bad short story where they're getting married. At points Sapkowski's writing looks like bad fanfiction with his own characters. This is especially true when it comes to the saga's ending.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I like her in this game, but I didn't really like the book I read (blood of elves, at least in english, was really very plain and kinda boring).

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
Anyway, I think, from what I understand of the character and her relationship, she's supposed to be a little difficult to like. I think the point is that she and Geralt love each other very deeply but it's difficult for people on the outside to understand, because they don't feel it, they just see these two people bickering, back-biting, and nagging each other all the time.

I think we capture that well.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Savy Saracen salad posted:

OP, You deserve to be hanged for not including this!

http://a.pomf.se/rovemx.webm
His Majesty (and Nilfgaards) despise beard.

GrossMurpel posted:

Maybe he's actually whistling for it like the player character in Two Worlds :colbert:

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Would it make you happy to equate it with RDR instead?
Horse don't just disappear and appear out of thin air near its master. I consider it a cheat. I despise in-game cheat. :c00lbert:

GERALT OF CYDIA posted:

Any chance of this coming in any form to iOS?
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-witcher-ag/id735549884?mt=8

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
regarding iOS we also have this: http://thewitcher.com/twba

I haven't played it because I'm a luddite who owns nothing more advanced than a cell phone I bought for 45zl. But I hear it's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Lycus posted:

It comes down to realising that yes, I want to play TW3 Real Bad, but I can wait a day or two to see if it is an abortion or not cause I have 1000 other games on steam I have yet to play.

• Locked thread