Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Musluk posted:

1300 pixels ain't table breaking son

unless youre poor

sorry i forgot the update is only huge for poors like me (tiny laptop screen gamer)

maybe not so huge for most of you, hope i didn't disappoint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musluk
May 23, 2011

pwnyXpress posted:

sorry i forgot the update is only huge for poors like me (tiny laptop screen gamer)

maybe not so huge for most of you, hope i didn't disappoint

nah man starbound filled my disappointment quota for 2014 and 2015 already, you're doing ok

lmao gaming on laptops

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I feel like chucklefish hasn't earned a new thread. Not until they prove it's a good game with a new huge update.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I bought this game on hype and because :10bux: wasn't much and then ignored it for a year-plus as it became mired in whatever the hell has happened to it and never even touched nightly builds or anything like that. I and probably most people like me who just got the big Steam announcement would genuinely appreciate a new thread or some sort of rundown on the state of the game now this thing has hit from people who've been paying attention.

The bit thing for me was always progression because I still like a solid goal to work towards even when I'm building imaginary space-houses. Is this in yet?

Is the drat thing actually a good game yet?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There is now a quest hub, and a shitton of side-quests, and instanced stuff to test your gear / tech against.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm confused, is the update not actually out yet for stable? I thought the little steam splash/sale meant it was live but it doesnt seem to be

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm confused, is the update not actually out yet for stable? I thought the little steam splash/sale meant it was live but it doesnt seem to be

You'll have to looker deeper to find the answer to that question.

What is "stable"? Hell, what is "starbound"?

Think about it.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Why would you post a steam announcement before the new version is even out or tested. I don't understand.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Oe5YKhzCE

Starbound? More like Bound!!!! (for the floor? Local-H on your 90's rock block)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
@Tiyuri
Having some issues pushing the build to steam, solving them :) update will be out today still

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So did they actually still need to push and test a nightly build before releasing the build today? Holy poo poo talk about getting ahead of yourselves.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

@Tiyuri
Having some issues pushing the build to steam, solving them :) update will be out today still

40 minutes left, Tiyuri.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The problem with all of these little errors is they're impossible to find until we've uploaded to steam, and uploading a new build to steam takes nearly 30 minutes each time. So we fix one thing and we find something else. It's very frustrating.

(from a dev)

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Spoiler: Much like with the initial release, people will play it for a while, be wowed, then slowly realize a few hours in that the game is still shallow and tedious.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Then why haven't they been doing that at all for the past 9 months.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So why didn't they loving do all this FIRST, then say "update time!"? It's not like they had to do it today, tomorrow is still January and if they could get it out today all the better. Just do it first and then celebrate.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Asimo posted:

Spoiler: Much like with the initial release, people will play it for a while, be wowed, then slowly realize a few hours in that the game is still shallow and tedious.

This seems more or less exactly right

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Because they are bad at doing this.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!

Turtlicious posted:

The problem with all of these little errors is they're impossible to find until we've uploaded to steam, and uploading a new build to steam takes nearly 30 minutes each time. So we fix one thing and we find something else. It's very frustrating.

(from a dev)

Every time I punch myself in the dick, my balls hurt, but I CAN'T STOP DOING IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN

It's very frustrating.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Vib Rib posted:

So why didn't they loving do all this FIRST, then say "update time!"? It's not like they had to do it today, tomorrow is still January and if they could get it out today all the better. Just do it first and then celebrate.

It seems you are not aware of "the chucklefish way" to do stuff.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Afraid of Audio posted:

Because they are bad at doing this.

Game goodness notwithstanding, this is correct.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Sucklefish

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

More like CLOWNfish!!!!!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Dandywalken posted:

More like CLOWNfish!!!!!

shut the gently caress up

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

No mollygos, no I will not

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Deakul posted:

shut the gently caress up

I second this comment.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
So, they put up the news but they're having trouble uploading it?

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
It is five minutes past midnight. You hosed up, Chucklefish. You hosed up.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

I may instal Starbound tomorrow. Please make expertly crafted posts about the new stuff so I can decide if I still want to, tia

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

pwnyXpress posted:

lol huge news guys theres a huge update bet its gonna be huge

here's a cool picture of what our game definitely isn't

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

IronicDongz posted:

here's a cool picture of what our game definitely isn't

It looks like the artists have a lot of free time because everyone else keeps redoing what's already been done instead of making new poo poo.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
is the update live yet

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

ayn rand hand job posted:

is the update live yet

Nah, nothing yet

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

ayn rand hand job posted:

is the update live yet

Yeah it is

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Bauxite posted:

It looks like the artists have a lot of free time because everyone else keeps redoing what's already been done instead of making new poo poo.

The programmers are taking their time so the artists just get to do whatever. More poo poo! Different poo poo! Not new poo poo though, that requires programmers.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

grimcreaper posted:

I second this comment.

The hero returns.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
Stockholm Syndrome: The Update

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Major Ricardo posted:

Stockholm Syndrome: The Game

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
oh hey, the update. lets all stop shitposting for a second to suckle on the teat of shecklefish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
They already have my money though.

Also why is this game nearly 2 gigs, Terraria is like 30 megabytes.

• Locked thread