Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Meowjesty posted:

What kind of nerd keeps bread in the freezer?

It keeps just fine and if the store's got a good two-for-one deal it makes perfect sense. Of course, a real freezer is full of ice cream so its a moot point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Meowjesty posted:

so you can buy a gorillion Hawaiian Sweet rolls and store the spares in the freezer for more dire times.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Ivy posted:

so you can buy a gorillion Hawaiian Sweet rolls and store the spares in the freezer for more dire times.

No lie. Also, I have frozen dough bread loaves in the freezer. Take em out in the morning before work, come home and bake it in 20 minutes, fresh baked bread. :)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Rickycat posted:

It's not a lifehack if you make it simpler.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
The only thing in my freezer is a dead bearded dragon and chicken thighs.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Meowjesty posted:

:stare:

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Meowjesty posted:

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Meowjesty posted:

My parents had a dead bat in their freezer for about a year. They'd take it out to show visitors.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
He passed away and we wanted to burn him in a beach bonfire so we just have him in the freezer until then he's just

in the freezer.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Creature posted:

My parents had a dead bat in their freezer for about a year. They'd take it out to show visitors.

Your parents might be awesome.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Creature posted:

My bat had a dead parents in their freezer for about a year. He'd take them out to show visitors.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Meowjesty posted:

I do in summer because otherwise it goes mouldy before I finish the loaf. :shrug:

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
My man-servant only buys the finest German marbled rye bread from the gluten-free/dairy-free/organic/vegan baker for $27 per loaf, how dare you dirt-people suggest freezing it

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

On the other hand, smoke inhalation will kill you faster than the fire.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Meowjesty posted:

Please post a photo of the dead bearded dragon in your freezer

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I have a bunch of dead insects in my freezer.

Life hack: If you're too tired after field work, throw your collected specimens in the freezer inside screwtop tubes. That way they won't dry out and become brittle before you have time to prep them.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Stoatbringer posted:

Water doesn't burn!

Lifehack:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Alhazred posted:

Lifehack:

Don't you mean Lyfehacke?

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Karma Monkey posted:

Don't you mean Lyfehacke?

Λιφεχακκ

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Daktar posted:

Λιφεχακκ

Show off!

How many faces does this person have?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Typo. They meant "feces"

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

Creature posted:

My parents used to keep the mice and gophers the house and yard traps caught in baggies in the freezer, donating them periodically to the local raptor rescue group. It made for some great entertainment when friends would go into the freezer to get an ice pop and come back to ask, "Uh ... there's dead mice in your freezer?"

The correct response to this was always, "Yeah! Are you staying for dinner?"

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

KillerEggplant posted:

My parents used to keep the mice and gophers the house and yard traps caught in baggies in the freezer, donating them periodically to the local raptor rescue group. It made for some great entertainment when friends would go into the freezer to get an ice pop and come back to ask, "Uh ... there's dead mice in your freezer?"

The correct response to this was always, "Clever girl."

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Is $5 for a tube of Great Lash just too much? Mash up some Oreos and put them on your eyelashes like a animal you piece of poo poo

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

And that's how you get ants.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Otana posted:

And that's how you get ants.

In your eyes.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Karma Monkey posted:

In your eyes.

Where else do you get ants?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

dovetaile posted:

Where else do you get ants?
In your pants. For example I got ants in my pants and one crawled up my dick and built a nest and now when I pee ants come out but I also get erections around crumbs of food.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

SLOSifl posted:

In your pants. For example I got ants in my pants and one crawled up my dick and built a nest and now when I pee ants come out but I also get erections around crumbs of food.
You got yourself like 90 percent of a lifehack right here. You're so close!

Vacuum cleaner just not picking up every last crumb any more? Put ants in your pants for a quick and easy way to dowse for food particles left behind!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

You got yourself like 90 percent of a lifehack right here. You're so close!

Vacuum cleaner just not picking up every last crumb any more? Put ants in your pants for a quick and easy way to dowse for food particles left behind!

Oh. You use the vacuum down your pants for crumbs?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

SLOSifl posted:

I also get erections around crumbs of food
Target group for the Oreo mascara identified.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard

Karma Monkey posted:

In your eyes.

Life hacked.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

:supaburn:

PERMACAV 50 has a new favorite as of 03:27 on Jan 29, 2015

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

This is actually pretty reasonable. Walk into any wardrobe department and they have spray bottles full of cheap rotgut vodka. It helps kill bacteria and get rid of smells in costumes that can't be easily washed. And it works in a pinch when the carpenters run out of beer and you've worked past last call.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Ironhead posted:

This is actually pretty reasonable. Walk into any wardrobe department and they have spray bottles full of cheap rotgut vodka. It helps kill bacteria and get rid of smells in costumes that can't be easily washed. And it works in a pinch when the carpenters run out of beer and you've worked past last call.

ok but why not rubbing alcohol? Is flammability a huge concern for wardrobe departments?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Sex Hobbit posted:

ok but why not rubbing alcohol? Is flammability a huge concern for wardrobe departments?

Rubbing alcohol can gently caress up the color of stuff. There's a difference between isopropyl alcohol and ethyl alcohol. Rubbing alcohol is often the former. Rubbing alcohol will also typically have a much, much higher alcohol content than vodka.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Fill a spray bottle with vodka and drink it until you don't care that your mattress is filthy.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

Dump some hay on the ground and sleep on the hay like an animal, you piece of poo poo.

#biblehacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Vodka is 40% alcohol, which isn't really strong enough for disinfecting anything.

Spraying it on a mattress would be pretty useless.