Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I normally get really annoyed by him but he was good on this episode I think. The day the clown cried anecdote on its own was enough to save him tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, he's incredibly annoying on Twitter but he was fine here.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Haven't liked the last few eps but as soon as Lapkus appeared this week it was officially Time For Laughter again.

(Kinda disappointed by Mary Holland though, she usually brings the funny. :smith:)

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

VagueRant posted:

(Kinda disappointed by Mary Holland though, she usually brings the funny. :smith:)

Is that a neg?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought she was really funny (even though it's like the sixth character that's just a teenager)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
teenagers will always be funny.
e: Marissa, Gutterballs, her rival and her two japanese friends, Traci Reardon, Nephew Todd, that teen who's always a jerk to a guy whose name is probably neil, probably some others. Let's get CBB High started!

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 29, 2015

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad lapkus usually does a new character each time because they are all good and this way they dont get overly bogged down in continuity

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Mr. Squishy posted:

teenagers will always be funny.
e: Marissa, Gutterballs, her rival and her two japanese friends, Traci Reardon, Nephew Todd, that teen who's always a jerk to a guy whose name is probably neil, probably some others. Let's get CBB High started!

Leo Carpazzi's daughter

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

erezaka posted:

Im glad lapkus usually does a new character each time because they are all good and this way they dont get overly bogged down in continuity
true opinion time

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Have Lapkus and Andy Daly ever done an ep together?

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

whydirt posted:

They're both in the Wompler birthday episode from last year, but I think that's as close as its come.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

whydirt posted:

He should do an ep of With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus, he plays a wonderful straight man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6S32egw390

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That was really fun. I've never watched much Reno, is that a pretty good example of quality? I like lots of the people involved from multiple things. Was that an actual episode or some dvd extras?

Particularly fun hearing Daly claim he could never rob a bank. How things change.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
If I have to recommend a show starring former members of The State it's going to be Stella, but Reno 9/11 was good too.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Poopy Palpy posted:

If I have to recommend a show starring former members of The State it's going to be Stella, but Reno 9/11 was good too.

Is Viva Variety ever going to come to DVD?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

moot the hopple posted:

He should do an ep of With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus, he plays a wonderful straight man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6S32egw390

Ok! Glad that I asked that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Poopy Palpy posted:

Yeah, I've already seen and loved Stella. Seen bits and pieces of Reno, but never given it a watch for some reason.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
I've been totally put off of Lapkus's characters lately. They're all little perverted boys and it's kind of old. For the most recent episode I felt like they kept delivering great jokes and then someone came in with something stupid and it ruined it, ie: Holland's character started going, "STOP IT" and then Scott leads in with, "Benjamin is putting his penis on her breasts again" and it was suddenly just gross and not funny.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, Scott does that too much for sure, it would've been funnier if he didn't interject with that every time.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

EL BROMANCE posted:

That was really fun. I've never watched much Reno, is that a pretty good example of quality? I like lots of the people involved from multiple things. Was that an actual episode or some dvd extras?

Particularly fun hearing Daly claim he could never rob a bank. How things change.

Yeah, it's pretty good. I think the last season of it suffered a little because of drastic cast changes (even though they added Ian Roberts and Joe Lo Truglio, it was hard to replace the people who were there since the beginning and had established rapport and cast dynamic). The clip I linked is a dvd extra but it's representative of the show's quality. Plus you'll probably recognize a lot of cool UCB and Earwolf people while watching it.

Poopy Palpy posted:

I also really liked Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalter's joint, Michael and Michael Have Issues. It probably would've grown into a fantastic show if they'd given it more than one season.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

moot the hopple posted:

I also really liked Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalter's joint, Michael and Michael Have Issues. It probably would've grown into a fantastic show if they'd given it more than one season.

Seconded, plus Jessi Klein and Kumail Nanjiani were great in this as well

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah anything the Michaels put their hand to is at least worth a watch. I enjoyed Issues too.

Over here they used to make a show called Comedy Connections or something similar, and it'd be an hour episode tracing groups of people who worked together through timelines, documenting what they did and with whom. One for The State would be so good, although not sure an hour could cover it enough.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Neil Campbell crushing it once again.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

moot the hopple posted:

(even though they added Ian Roberts and Joe Lo Truglio, it was hard to replace the people who were there since the beginning and had established rapport and cast dynamic)
Ian Roberts was HUGE during that show. He looked like a different person, unrecognizable.

I saw a beautiful improv movie with Groundlings this weekend (they did Face/Off, one of the best of all time), Cedric Y was in it and spectacular.

The Stella shorts are among the funniest things you'll ever see. http://www.stellacomedy.com/shorts.html they're all online now, no need for a bootlegged DVD. Their show was great, but the unshowable-on-tv cursing and dildos on the shorts are definitely the best part.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 2, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Shnooks posted:

I've been totally put off of Lapkus's characters lately. They're all little perverted boys and it's kind of old.
Going back through her appearances of the past year I'm counting

Benjamin Button
a weird elf
one of the Golden Duchess Cruise Line ladies
Scott's nephew
Regina Crimp
Traci Reardon
Traci Reardon
Mizz Chips
Traci Reardon
Traci Reardon
Traci Reardon AGAIN

Where are all those eps where she plays perverted little boys? I'd love to listen to those.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 2, 2015

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Todd and Benjamin both are children/teens with supernaturally large penises, I guess is the through line. Yummy.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
That's still just 4 out of 20 appearances according to the wiki. Or I guess 5, if you count Ho Ho as male.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Ho Ho

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I love these characters on the latest episode. I love weird paper thin premise characters. Like Mall McCartney.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

soggybagel posted:

I love these characters on the latest episode. I love weird paper thin premise characters. Like Mall McCartney.

Or the guy who was actually a duck

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

anotherone posted:

Or the guy who was actually a duck

Honestly one of the greatest characters ever.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

soggybagel posted:

For people who haven't been listening from the beginning, track down Jon Daly's early appearances as Bill Cosby Bukowski and listen to Scott be completely unable to understand or play along with the premise of this character.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

cams posted:

For people who haven't been listening from the beginning, track down Jon Daly's early appearances as Bill Cosby Bukowski and listen to Scott be completely unable to understand or play along with the premise of this character.

Who's the most fuckable Huxtable has taken on a whole new meaning.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
How is Neil Campbell not the most famous comedian on Earth?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

GraPar posted:

How is Neil Campbell not the most famous comedian on Earth?

Teens don't get him.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Honestly one of the greatest characters ever.

What episode is this out sounds great

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
#297. It's Joe Wengert as the first guest.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I love that john daily's credits on cbb are always bill Cosby bukowski and dr Fraser boss.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I need some help finding an old CBB episode.

The particular bit I'm after was Scott playing clips from The View and asking the guests to weigh in on whatever topic was being discussed in the clip, but Scott would pick out a very minor part of the discussion and focus on that. I can't remember who the guests were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

tnimark posted:

I need some help finding an old CBB episode.

The particular bit I'm after was Scott playing clips from The View and asking the guests to weigh in on whatever topic was being discussed in the clip, but Scott would pick out a very minor part of the discussion and focus on that. I can't remember who the guests were.
121 with Pardo, Delaney, and Rust. He doesn't play clips, just reads the synopsis I believe. Also, this episode features "how you weigh?", broing out, and an exciting game of What Am I Thinking.

Someone give me another episode to find based on a tiny thing that happened in it, I'm good at this.