Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Dr. Fetus posted:

I didn't think that triple Adversary rooms actually existed. I learned that the hard way. :suicide: How are you supposed to deal with that?

By bombing the door on the opposite end ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

By bombing the door on the opposite end ASAP.
I assume this was in the Dark Room, so bombing the doors won't work. And God/Satan help you if you actually need to pass through the room to reach the boss.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Pyromania + Ipecac

I needed a good, theraputic, everything-explodes type of run with the day I've been having.

R1L9
R02H

Pyromaniac is in Basement 1, Ipecac isn't until Depths 2.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I just had an XL floor where both bosses were the Dark One. Didn't know that could happen.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Man, this run. On top of Ipecac and Pyromania I bought a Habit for infinite rerolling

I found the Black Market in Womb 2. I kept rerolling this poo poo until a Sharp Plug came out.

Then I lucked into a Monster Manual in the Dark Room.

I finally got my Super Meat Boy and Super Bandage Girl! It only took me about 15 minutes of Sharp Plug/Ipecac/Pyromania abuse.

You can't see it but the game had the nerve to give me a 2nd Super Meat Boy in the time between regular and Super Bandage Girl. The second one is actually hiding behind Bandage Girl in this shot.

Also the whole floor is green because I also had Mutant Spider and Parasite so each Ipecac blast was launching mini-grenades all over everything. It was hilarious.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

IMJack posted:

Man, this run. On top of Ipecac and Pyromania I bought a Habit for infinite rerolling

I found the Black Market in Womb 2. I kept rerolling this poo poo until a Sharp Plug came out.

Then I lucked into a Monster Manual in the Dark Room.

I finally got my Super Meat Boy and Super Bandage Girl! It only took me about 15 minutes of Sharp Plug/Ipecac/Pyromania abuse.

You can't see it but the game had the nerve to give me a 2nd Super Meat Boy in the time between regular and Super Bandage Girl. The second one is actually hiding behind Bandage Girl in this shot.

Also the whole floor is green because I also had Mutant Spider and Parasite so each Ipecac blast was launching mini-grenades all over everything. It was hilarious.

Breaking runs are awesome, when they finally come together.

In abysmal news, today I am a regular Platinum God! And only have The Lost to look forward to.

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal

BJPaskoff posted:

I just had an XL floor where both bosses were the Dark One. Didn't know that could happen.

Yeah, I've seen this happen a few times. You may be aware that each individual floor has it's own boss pool to draw from, usually quite similar in the case of the early stages, with a bunch of bosses that can appear in both floor 1 and floor 2. Don't know if I've ever witnessed the two bosses being the same when the floors are seperated, but it can happen on an XL floor for sure.

EDIT: Just fell to the Dead Cat trap, as it were. Had a pretty nice Eve run, got Guppy's Paw early so I was using it to keep me in WoB state. Hadn't got around to doing Hard Boss rush with her, so I managed to get there via Guppy transform and Chocolate Milk in the boss rush room, Dark Bum keeping me healthy. I guess I was rushing as I got through Sheol with little fuss, but started haemorraging health in the Dark Room, inevitably. Was only at 1 heart + 1 soul heart by the time I reached The Lamb, and I couldn't manage to get through it without avoiding a single hit, as I was in the Dead Cat cycle. Even after using up all my health and having to back for Thunder Thighs just for the HP didn't help either.

Just a lesson for myself to be patient, I suppose.

Toothache fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jan 27, 2015

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

TheModernAmerican posted:

Catmode + Brimstone = lots of flies

Catmode + Knife = no flies

I don't even like knife+brim if I have a chance at cat.

New player here, at about ~12 hours of playing. Last night I got catmode for the first time, and I was azazel. holy poo poo the game became easy-mode. I easily progressed through the womb (a first for me). In short, was op and fun as hell.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Needed to get Boss Rush with Sampson, so off I went. First detour into a curse room, Guppy's Paw. Second floor, curse room, Nine Lives. Blitzed all my red hearts into spirit hears with the paw and then took Nine Lives. Random red chest in the room before the boss room on that floor gave me Guppy's Head.

I got to Boss Rush with almost 5 whole minutes to spare, and that was with me taking my time to go to every item room and shop. I was hoping for Hive Mind, but no luck :(

Did end up with a massive fire rate, exceptionally high damage, parasite, and rubber cement by the time I was in the Chest. Then I died and came back as Lazarus II, since I'd picked up the Rags on the Cathedral, and I took out blue baby in all of 2 seconds with only one red heart of health.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

strangemusic posted:

I like 20/20 too, though the Lost Contact or Sacred Heart comes a close second, they generally push almost any combo into ludicrous mode.

Plus I always confuse Brimstone and Lord of the Pit :negative:

Brimstone is the one that kind of looks like an wang, so think about "stones".

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
One is an upside-down cross, the other... isn't

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Ahhhhhh just got a natural Super Meatboy. On a run with Death's Touch + Cricket's Body. I love this game sometimes.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

strangemusic posted:

Ahhhhhh just got a natural Super Meatboy. On a run with Death's Touch + Cricket's Body. I love this game sometimes.

Sometimes the game throws you a bone and you end up starting Eden with Quad Shot, Bent Spoon, and Book of Belial :getin:

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Started my first Eve run (since losing my original save anyway). Started with wings and brimstone, picked up ludovico on the third floor. I think I'm going to enjoy this...

Edit: holy crap that was a magic run. Picked up magic mushroom and halo right after ludo, and then kept getting tears up pills. Picked up Pentagram in Womb I. I walked through just about everything in the game. Only got one angel room, unfortunately, or I bet I could have knocked off mega satan as well.

Hot drat that was fun. Seed was P4XL 8WB1 (I guess PS4 and PC seeds are the same?)

EC fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 27, 2015

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Missingno let me know about one of the coolest synergies I've seen - Isaac's Tears + Chocolate Milk + Azazel. You can charge the chocolate milk shots indefinitely since using Isaac's Tears doesn't reset the chocolate milk charge, and Azazel's charge shot instantly refills Isaac's tears. I'm pretty sure you can literally one-shot anything, although I can't test it on anything beyond Isaac because Missingno's about to reset it.

Vitruvio
Jan 28, 2015
Hot drat, you've sold me!

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004
I went into the chest with suicide king and a a jera rune. The suicide king spawned more chests and a second jera rune.

The results were very nice.

seed is
83CC
D2JX

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Sup

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
How likely is it to get the cellar instead of the basement? Usually I don't really care but I'm doing the lost right now and I just noticed I'm on a streak of like 10 cellars in a row right now and its really annoying dodging all these god drat spiders...

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Messed up a lost run I could've easily saved by exiting and continuing.

I had the gnawed leaf and a few orbitals, and walking hosts crowded me. I tried to move out of the way but as soon as I unfroze I died.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I have had some glorious runs the past two days. Started with Cain and ended up doing this by the end (my first Cain run on this save as well). Played another Eve round and cleared the Chest without taking a bit of damage.

I love that this game is fun and challenging, making you really work for progress, and then all of a sudden you're an over powered god and one shotting bosses every single room.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

Okay kids, pop quiz! Think of something more enraging than getting a Devil Room on an XL floor, and having it be Krampus!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Codiekitty posted:

Okay kids, pop quiz! Think of something more enraging than getting a Devil Room on an XL floor, and having it be Krampus!

I'll take that over the devil room with three lovely red chests with no items in any situation.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Codiekitty posted:

Not getting a Devil Room on an XL floor despite taking no hits because you got one last floor.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

An Angel room with two soul hearts.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Power of Pecota posted:

I'll take that over the devil room with three lovely red chests with no items in any situation.
The other day I had one of those and all three chests had the "teleport Isaac to the devil room" effect.

It's like the game was actively trying to insult me.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Codiekitty posted:

How about missing the Boss Rush by seconds because the Devil Room after Mom turned out to be Krampus?

Edit to add:

I was running Mom's Knife and Trinity Shield too. Sword & board all the way.

Then I picked up the Polaroid, but forgot about that and went into Sheol.

IMJack fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jan 29, 2015

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Man, hearing your guys' ordeals trying to get level 4 SMB and BG made me decide to completely skip them entirely.

I then got them a day apart from each other without even trying.

My luck is apparently fueled by apathy.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Quick man! Don't care about the lottery!

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Hard Mode Isaac and Mom's Heart down on the loving brittle ghost. The Chest ended prematurely to a Double Adversary room. :(

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I finally got the handful of items I was missing thanks to a good combination of D6, Gimpy, Old Bandage, Mitre, Fanny Pack, Life Savings, Nun's Habit, Mom's Purse, Counterfeit Penny and Bloody Penny. Get hit, at least 2 pennies pop out, random item, and heart chances. This lead to rooms filled with hearts and pennies as I ran between rooms with fires and rooms with items. This also got me the Bandage Girl cheevo when I briefly switched to a Monster Manual.

Now all that stands in my way: Picking up the bandage, stopwatch, safety scissors, and Steven. Hopefully going to get the other 3 in the first floor runs to get Steven. I hope.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

IMJack posted:

How about missing the Boss Rush by seconds because the Devil Room after Mom turned out to be Krampus?

Make that after a Depths/Necropolis XL and I think we have a gold star here.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
I like The Lost generally, but man gently caress trying to do Boss Rush. The only thing that made The Lost tolerable was spending a bunch of time getting powerful on each level, and now I can't even loving do that. I know people complain about The Lost being a slot machine, but gently caress, Boss Rush really is just that. Nothing you can do. Just keep dying, keep resetting, wait to get the perfect set of items. Don't bother trying very hard to get them because it's not like you have time.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I love looping through the chest with the I am error room. Missing no. Or whatever glitched item makes the end game so silly. Must have jumped through 20times

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I decided to play Hard mode for the first time with Azazel. Ended up taking the Negative, which I had just unlocked, and ran into a six pip room right after killing Mom. Said "gently caress it" and rerolled to a much better build, and managed to squeeze my way through Sheol and the Dark Room with just under three hearts. Talk about a scary ride.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

I love looping through the chest with the I am error room. Missing no. Or whatever glitched item makes the end game so silly. Must have jumped through 20times

This is extremely fun. The item is Undefined- someone corrected me on that one before.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Oh, news to me, but I just picked up two dead cats on one floor.

I guess it's ENTIRELY MY FAULT now if I fail this solar system challenge, huh? drat game.

EDIT: drat, that was actually, sadly, very close. Almost lost to It Lives, and was down to 5 lives from 18. Two floating cat heads plus orbitals, plus familiars, etc. is all a bit distracting, too.

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jan 30, 2015

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

So, today I discovered that Daemon's Tail doesn't mix well with The Hierophant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqpUiaZywTE

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Just died to one of Death's Scythes while my flies killed him as the Lost during the Boss Rush. :( At least got Satan/The Lamb done though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

What's worse than starting a new run and getting Envy in the first room?

Starting a new run and getting Super Envy in the first room!