Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
He exists soley as an automiton built to output games for our amusement.

robots dont NEED to drink, or eat, or sleep.

which is why to this day i am still pissed about him squandering StarBounds money on such things.

:golgo: Snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lizard Wizard posted:

Boy, the game sure is updating a lot. What's up with that, Chucklefish/Steam?

Oh sure, first you complain we don't update for a year, and NOW we're updating too much, pick a side would you?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Eonwe posted:

i volunteer ahundredbux as tribute

I already have the game morand :rolleyes:

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Ahundredbux posted:

I already have the game morand :rolleyes:

I'm so sorry.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I'm not a fan of Minecraft, but something about this game always intrigued me. Picked it up since it was on sale, and definitely liking it. I do have to agree with the guy who said making copper so hard to find for the tutorial is a bit ridiculous. Tutorials should be quick to get through.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Slime posted:

Does titanium even spawn in the starting star system? I ask because if I had some I could make armour worth a drat that doesn't let me almost die from touching this loving rear end in a top hat crystal monster's beams a single time. It would be a hell of a lot easier if I didn't have to gently caress around with keeping my mouse pointed in the right direction to keep moving faster than a crippled snail.

I'm trying to mod out the slow backwards movement, in my opinion it's the single worst change in the game. It makes sense to do that in a 3D first or third person game, so you can't just lazily backpedal from enemies while shooting them over and over. But those games have a camera that's always pointed in the direction you're looking. It makes no loving sense in a 2D game there's not backwards or forwards, there's just left or right, and so it forces you to constantly be messing with your mouse to make sure that it's on the correct side of the screen.

I eventually got a simple mod to work. I tried to buff the matter manipulator and the game wouldn't load the mod, after endlessly poring over Starbound modding guides all of which are outdated I eventually figured out on my own the game won't read from the mod directory unless a modinfo file is present. Wasn't documented anywhere. Anyway, brace yourself because I'm making the ULTIMATE MOD over here.....................

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Bilal posted:

Anyway, brace yourself because I'm making the ULTIMATE MOD over here.....................

I already made the Terraria joke hoss

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I'm a little pissed about the energy and can't loving find platinum or whichever dumb poo poo (or be bothered trying to mine for it) but I built a house and put an animated sign on my ship so the game get 10 starbounds out of 67 possible

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

This game is awesome and Grim Creeper is the best poster

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Seven Force posted:

This game is awesome and Grim Creeper is the best poster

Starbound is good and cool now and all the detractors are going to be run out of the thread back to 4 Chan And reddit.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm enjoying this update quite a bit. This first boss is a bit of a bastard though. I figure if the starting system had any little bit of platinum it would be much more tolerable.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Make a mod that promises drivable alpacas and when you try to use the alpaca you just built you character just says "no, I don't like it"

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

Oh sure, first you complain we don't update for a year, and NOW we're updating too much, pick a side would you?

No, I'm just confused.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Jackard posted:

Man I've been bringing this up ever since the roadmap came out, nobody believed me then. how long is cavegen going to remain neglected?

it hasn't been neglected, there was actually a big update to how cave-gen works posted on their blogs a while back (that presumably made it into the unstable/stable with the rest of the stuff), it just wasn't enough lmao

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lizard Wizard posted:

No, I'm just confused.

Oh, they didn't test to see if their stable would upload to steam before announcing the update, so they kept pushing and pushing to get it to work, and then when it did work, they forgot to add the laucher, so they updated again to put that in there.

It's kind of how I imagine game design would be like if I did it.

Also the included a folder that had all of the assets for the game, so you can make your mods without having to decompile.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
so starbound is like minecraft but 2d and less content? idgi :confused:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

two words: early access videogames

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

two words: early access videogames

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
man i cant believe i made someone mad enough about a video game to spend IRL money for this new av

lmfao

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

if it's a sandbox, where's the sand? more like an empty box :laffo:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy poo poo modding this game is easy, brb going to crank dungeon gen to absurd levels.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Wow someone is being serious in the Starbound thread lol

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

man i cant believe i made someone mad enough about a video game to spend IRL money for this new av

lmfao

it's really hosed up how people can just change avatar's on this forum

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!

Eonwe posted:

lmfao

ahahahhaa I'm jealous

edit: loving lol nvm

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

stuntwaffle posted:

ahahahhaa I'm jealous

you don't have to be apparently lmao

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

stuntwaffle posted:

ahahahhaa I'm jealous

edit: loving lol nvm

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

lmfao

lol

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

starbound nerds mad enough to :homebrew: on unfunny avs lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
HOW DARE HE JOKE ABOUT MY GAME OF CHOICE??? ILL BUY HIM A COMICAL AVATAR, THAT WILL SHOW HIM

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Eonwe posted:

lmfao

i don't even remember you saying mean things about starbound

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TheSpookyDanger posted:

i don't really, and I even stick up for the devs

but i guess me saying that I got my money's worth out of it and am just slightly disappointed means i made someone so mad they literally spent IRL money on me

lol

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

TheSpookyDanger posted:

i never posted anywhere about politics or the tea party ever. goons are idiots :shrug:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i like my current av because it's stupid long and you gotta scroll through it, suck it starbound thread

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

the twist is.... I actually think the game is OK if a little undercooked but this is too rich, thanks mystery person

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The fellas all refer to my mouth as "Starbound" Get it?

i dont

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

you play an unfun minecraft 2d clone lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh I get it, the people who defend starbound or switched sides are getting the avatars.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Blazing Zero posted:

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my rear end and mouth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

Oh I get it, the people who defend starbound or switched sides are getting the avatars.

your avatar is cute, i hope you get to keep it :ohdear:

• Locked thread