Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Beef Waifu posted:

Admiral Brockainu has magma based abilities because in every image he looks like he's going to punch a hole through Cena's chest and traumatize Reigns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Why would Cena be Ace in this situation? Wouldn't Ambrose be the better served person in this situation since he's the closest thing Reigns has to a Big Brother.

Wait does that make Rollins Sabo? The questions...

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Onmi posted:

Why would Cena be Ace in this situation? Wouldn't Ambrose be the better served person in this situation since he's the closest thing Reigns has to a Big Brother.

Wait does that make Rollins Sabo? The questions...
Yeah, that's pretty much why I didn't go with Ambrose and Rollins. I picked Cena because of the "Ace is Poochy" thing that developed between the long periods between his appeareances, which fits him (except Cena's there every week) plus it'll fall to Reigns to avenge him at some point down the line on his way to becoming The Guy.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 30, 2015

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

ZDar Fan posted:

The Supercard matchmaker just messed with me. I'm in RTG currently shooting for the Ultra Rare Flair, and I went from a match where my opponent's best cards were some solo untrained UR's and Epics to a match where my opponent had all Legendary/Survivor/RTG pros. It was my last bout for now, so I have yet to see if that's a glitch (as I suspect) or if I'm not getting past the Ultra Rare tier this time.
Sounds like a freak glitch. I just collected the Flair card while playing an Epic++ deck, and haven't run into anything screwy yet.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I was dozing off, and when I woke up I must have tapped the wrong spot since it refilled all my Bouts. Thank god I don't have children playing with my phone. That was way too easy to trigger.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I have hit a bit of a bump in Immortals. The next set of challenges have cards much stronger that anything I got, so it's off to grinding Battle 22. Each of my 4 Golds are strong enough to take on Battle 22 so I can play it 4 times and get about 10k every 90 minutes or so.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Toshimo posted:

I was dozing off, and when I woke up I must have tapped the wrong spot since it refilled all my Bouts. Thank god I don't have children playing with my phone. That was way too easy to trigger.

I very nearly had a similar issue, where I almost combined my legendary Stephanies in my sleep.

In other Supercard news: could be that I just haven't noticed (my powers of Not Observing are incredible) but I'm pretty sure they're not putting energy cards in the RtG table.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

DoctorDelaware posted:

I very nearly had a similar issue, where I almost combined my legendary Stephanies in my sleep.

In other Supercard news: could be that I just haven't noticed (my powers of Not Observing are incredible) but I'm pretty sure they're not putting energy cards in the RtG table.

You just haven't noticed or gotten lots of early board resets, cuz I've gotten a ton of energy cards through RtG.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

50/170 through Survivor Shaemus before I hit my first loss on the +5's. It won't be long now before progress comes to a screeching halt. :(

E: Also my card collection needs more space - I'm at like 108/120 constantly because I don't get rid of cards that I've not yet pro'd

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 31, 2015

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I have now purchased four gold booster packs in Immortals. Three have been Lumber Show :sigh:

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

DoctorDelaware posted:

Are you at 10/10 on energy cards? I think they made a change recently where they won't show up on the board at all once you've maxed out.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
It's a good day and my KotR finals haven't even finished yet:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I'm not usually a Let's Play guy, but something magical just happened and I feel it is too perfect to keep to myself.

I finally picked up WWE 2k15 since, as lovely as I know it to be, £11 in the second hand bargain bin's not bad. And, though I am surprised at just how bad it is now that I've spent a solid evening with it, I do have to admit it has given me the most incredible Universe moment I've had in any WWE game.

I don't like starting from defaults but couldn't be bothered to tweak everything myself, so I just let the game sim out the first 9 months and played from the Royal Rumble onwards. Only playing matches with people I like, I still ended up simming most of each show; I've not been controlling any of the main event stuff. Once the game was done simming through to the Rumble, John Cena had won the WWE title at TLC and Bo Dallas, somehow, won the Rumble itself. The WM main event is set and I decided, rather than sim it with a button press, since it is the WM main event I'd watch it play out as a full CPU match.

Cena puts Bo in the STF. Rope break. Bo hits the Bo-Dog. Cena no-sells, pops up into his comeback status. One shoulder block connects. Second shoulder block... is reversed into a hip toss? 1. 2. 3?

WrestleMania 30 goes off the air as Bo Dallas win the WWE World Heavyweight title via pinfall following a hip toss reversal of Cena's 5 Moves.

Bolieve.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Devo posted:

I have now purchased four gold booster packs in Immortals. Three have been Lumber Show :sigh:

You can probably beat the single player content with a Gold card that strong. Heck, my legendary 1 Undertaker is a total butt kicker despite being only level 20, especially considering he's one of the weaker Golds.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Liar Lyre posted:

You can probably beat the single player content with a Gold card that strong. Heck, my legendary 1 Undertaker is a total butt kicker despite being only level 20, especially considering he's one of the weaker Golds.

Yeah my Show kicks rear end now but I want a third gold card damnit. Especially considering my second gold is Trish.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

E: Also my card collection needs more space - I'm at like 108/120 constantly because I don't get rid of cards that I've not yet pro'd

I have the same problem. The OCD part of me really wants to fill out as much of the card catalog as possible. Consequently, I now can't even do five RTG bouts without having to stop and train away cards.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

ZDar Fan posted:

I have the same problem. The OCD part of me really wants to fill out as much of the card catalog as possible. Consequently, I now can't even do five RTG bouts without having to stop and train away cards.

I'm at 2 bouts before I have to train away, and with nothing left to really train I've been forced to throw my cards into training up xp stores by levelling up pro'd epics and lower while I wait to find a survivor pair.

E: And I only just now realise that all the cards in this RtG are rumble winners.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 31, 2015

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

ToiletofSadness posted:

Are you at 10/10 on energy cards? I think they made a change recently where they won't show up on the board at all once you've maxed out.

Yeah, I've had the max for a while. (My last two KotRs put me into the bracket, but with no chance of making the second round, so I haven't been spending them.)

I like this change--commons and UCs won't count much for training, but they're not dead weight like energy cards usually are for me.

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale
So completely random question, since I see a lot of discussion about different WWE PS2 games. Is there an accepted best game on that platform? I see Shut Your Mouth and Here Comes The Pain brought up a lot, but it's been so long since I've played them that I can barely remember.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Here Comes The Pain is the best overall. Shut Your Mouth is fine, but Here Comes The Pain built on it in every way. I feel Smackdown vs Raw 2006 was also pretty good, though I prefer the roster of Here Comes The Pain.

There's not really that much difference between them, it's mostly just a case of Here Comes The Pain having the most extensive season mode and not quite as much slow 'sim' gameplay that was added in each following year.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

pressedbunny posted:

Cena puts Bo in the STF. Rope break. Bo hits the Bo-Dog. Cena no-sells, pops up into his comeback status. One shoulder block connects. Second shoulder block... is reversed into a hip toss? 1. 2. 3?

WrestleMania 30 goes off the air as Bo Dallas win the WWE World Heavyweight title via pinfall following a hip toss reversal of Cena's 5 Moves.

Bolieve.
Egregious no-selling? A win on a basic move? That's like 70% of Fire Pro matches

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Basic Chunnel posted:

Egregious no-selling? A win on a basic move? That's like 70% of Fire Pro matches

Maybe Bo's hip-toss is just the alpha and omega of hip tosses, like Arn's Spinebuster.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Solomonic posted:

MKX is coming to PC, so who knows? Maybe somebody can mod it so that we can see Daniel Bryan chop a dude's face off.

there wasn't much in the way of modding for MK9 on pc so i wouldn't expect it

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Sanguinia posted:

Maybe Bo's hip-toss is just the alpha and omega of hip tosses, like Arn's Spinebuster.
Actually now that I think about it, Bo has a signature hip toss in 2k15, I think it was supposed to be his finisher before he came to the main roster. So I guess it makes sense that he'd pin someone with it.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

So completely random question, since I see a lot of discussion about different WWE PS2 games. Is there an accepted best game on that platform? I see Shut Your Mouth and Here Comes The Pain brought up a lot, but it's been so long since I've played them that I can barely remember.

HCTP and SvR2006 are both really good (2007 is pretty good too but not so much imo). The main difference people note is their rosters. Also, their Season modes are very different - HCTP has more of a "traditional" season mode, while SvR06 has a more story driven, voice acted season mode but with far less variation (it still has some branching elements). I also think SvR06 has the superior create-a-wrestler. The only other major difference is that SvR06 has a stamina system, but you can turn it off (and most people did, I think). I'd suggest trying them both if you can.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I wonder if the 2k deal keeps a game like immortals off consoles.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I feel like the RtG is a lot more "fair" this go-around. This is the first time I've gotten past the Epic card without dropping below 5+ matches. Though I suppose it's possible my deck has just improved a lot since last time.

Toshimo posted:

It's a good day and my KotR finals haven't even finished yet:

Did that just happen to be your 4000th match, or can you actually get Ladder Reward cards off a regular draw?

Minidust fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jan 31, 2015

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Minidust posted:

I feel like the RtG is a lot more "fair" this go-around. This is the first time I've gotten past the Epic card without dropping below 5+ matches. Though I suppose it's possible my deck has just improved a lot since last time.

I agree. In the last game, I barely finished out the Legendary reward, and even then I had to grind out the last 20 or so points with 1 and 3 point matches. I just finished this round's Legendary, and was still winning 5 point matches by a healthy margin. I probably won't be able to get a Batista, but I'm now optimistic.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

ZDar Fan posted:

I agree. In the last game, I barely finished out the Legendary reward, and even then I had to grind out the last 20 or so points with 1 and 3 point matches. I just finished this round's Legendary, and was still winning 5 point matches by a healthy margin. I probably won't be able to get a Batista, but I'm now optimistic.

At about 100 through Sheamus you'll face decks with 6+ fully levelled pro survivors at the 3 point level, so be ready for it to ramp up, fast

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

ZDar Fan posted:

Same here. I didn't lose a 5-point match until I hit Survivor, and even that was fairly close. (I did get a tie in my last Legendary match, but I'll take it. Points is points.) Between this and some of the cards (Trips gives me a Legendary pair, plus I got a Survivor Brie from the draw), it's already been better for me than my last, like, two weeks of KotR.

I know I won't be able to make Batista, but I think Sheamus is at least possible.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
matchmaking is definitely a lot nicer this go-round. I'm not too far away from a Batista and he'll fit in my deck nicely. RTG is definitely the best event they have going

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Immortals chat: What does the online daily quest "win 3 online matches with at least one character on your team" actually mean? I won 3 consecutive matches and nothing. Is it not displaying a word?

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Feb 1, 2015

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Snacksmaniac posted:

I wonder if the 2k deal keeps a game like immortals off consoles.

maybe, but it's also probably because a game like immortals on a large scale would be a gamble financially

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

Immortals chat: What does the online daily quest "win 3 online matches with at least one character on your team" actually mean? I won 3 consecutive matches and nothing. Is it not displaying a word?

I think mine said "with at least one MALE character on your team."

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I figured it was a character name not showing so I swapped through teams with it until one worked - turned out to be Undertaker.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I stumbled on this page without context and boy howdy was I ever disappointed to find out that it's a Pachinko game, not a wacky-rear end fighting game starring Antonio Inoki.

Fuckin' pachinko always getting my hopes up :(

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Edit: I'm a moron and don't know how things work.

So instead I'll ask a question about 2k15. How's the AI for letting the computer play out matches? One of my pet peeves with 2k14 is the computer's choices for which finishers to use--it rarely seems to go for anything that isn't a regular grapple (except the apron DDT, which it does way too often,) and I have never seen it use a top rope grapple--a guy will sometimes set up for it, but then do a regular move (or, once in a great while, the suplex to the outside.) It doesn't like using ground submissions or dives, either.

DoctorDelaware fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 1, 2015

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

DoctorDelaware posted:

Edit: I'm a moron and don't know how things work.

So instead I'll ask a question about 2k15. How's the AI for letting the computer play out matches? One of my pet peeves with 2k14 is the computer's choices for which finishers to use--it rarely seems to go for anything that isn't a regular grapple (except the apron DDT, which it does way too often,) and I have never seen it use a top rope grapple--a guy will sometimes set up for it, but then do a regular move (or, once in a great while, the suplex to the outside.) It doesn't like using ground submissions or dives, either.

Apparently the giant swing is OP in AI vs AI. That's what New Legacy inc showed me anyway.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

LvK posted:

I stumbled on this page without context and boy howdy was I ever disappointed to find out that it's a Pachinko game, not a wacky-rear end fighting game starring Antonio Inoki.

Fuckin' pachinko always getting my hopes up :(

That's some badass artwork. Good av material, if nothing else. If I was thinking about changing mine, this would be an immediate contender.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Feb 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

NewLegacyInc have all of the royal rumble matches on their youtube page. Number 15 is the MDickie rumble