Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

pseudorandom name posted:

oh no! I put my Google user name and my Google password into the Gmail client and now Google knows my username and password!!!!!!!!

or, you know, all your emails which they TOS specifically states they will datamine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

infernal machines posted:

if you can do that through mdm or policy on ios then it's news to me.

it was the first item on my christmas list. anyone rolling out a service where a click-through cert error is normal operation should be shot.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

MrMoo posted:

Business professionals whom cannot learn a new email client? More like business chumps.

Just tell them you will deduct $200 from their next salary payment for Outlook or they can use gmail instead. See how quick they change their mind.

you use 'whom' wrong

i am pointing this out because 'whom' is in that class of words that, if used, had better drat well be used right because the only reason to use them is to show that you know how to use them right

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

duTrieux. posted:

you use 'whom' wrong

i am pointing this out because 'whom' is in that class of words that, if used, had better drat well be used right because the only reason to use them is to show that you know how to use them right

whom gang

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

duTrieux. posted:

you use 'whom' wrong

Or I could be just trying to improve but failing, much like Microsoft one might say.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

google has had my emails since gmail came into being yet still i can count on one hand the number of times i've clicked a google ad

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

theflyingexecutive posted:

google has had my emails since gmail came into being yet still i can count on one hand the number of times i've clicked a google ad

they proby pull ur account up at hq all the time, sorta weakly shakin their fist at the screen like "arghh youuuuuuuu"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

they proby pull ur account up at hq all the time, sorta weakly shakin their fist at the screen like "arghh youuuuuuuu"

god i hope so

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

duTrieux. posted:

you use 'whom' wrong

whom cares. go gently caress yourself

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
my university's "secure" wifi network has a bad cert. a warning comes up on any device I connect to it. it's kind of embarrassing.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

or, you know, all your emails which they TOS specifically states they will datamine

I write all my emails in vim and pgp encrypt them then paste the contents into gmail

Your move, Google

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

U all got scroogled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_KOjaeCRI0

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

no, you can have notices sent to the user or to postmaster/admin on message rejections with granularity for the specific bounce reasons that trigger the message and the ones that are dropped.

and search has worked since 2010.

it was unbearably awful before that, but if your exchange/outlook search is still hosed it's because you messed with the indexing settings

you can have those notices on google apps

also

quote:

they do not do this for google apps anymore http://googleforwork.blogspot.pt/2014/04/protecting-students-with-google-apps.html

and, when i tried office 365 i got a bunc hof spam into my inbox that would otherwise have gone to my spam in google apps and kept having legitimate email marked as spam, it was a mess.

e: that blog post only mentions for education and i can not find the blog that mentioned regular apps would also get it shortly after that, but anyway:

https://support.google.com/googleforwork/answer/6056650?hl=en " Google for Work does not scan your data or email in Google Apps Services for advertising purposes. "

Celexi fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jan 31, 2015

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Celexi posted:

Google for Work does not scan your data or email in Google Apps Services for advertising purposes. "

interesting that they specify for advertising purposes, wonder why its so specific

why ever could that be

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Blue Train posted:

interesting that they specify for advertising purposes, wonder why its so specific

why ever could that be

to index ur messages for search dummy

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Celexi posted:

you can have those notices on google apps

no poo poo, that was moo's point. i was saying it's been in exchange for ages too.

also, hurf durf, i set up a brand new spam filter and it let in some spam! man it's almost as if you have to provide it with some data before it can tell your brain dead coworkers from nigerian princes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

told my dad that bindows 10 has bad outlook
he told that anroid on desktop could serve as replacement

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Beeftweeter posted:

if you lived in the us it would have already been raided by the dhs

i see bootleg dvds for the sale in the u.s. all the time, literally every day.

i have never bought one though

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Blue Train posted:

why ever could that be

search index
virus scanning
"ham" for bayesian spam filters

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

fleshweasel posted:

my university's "secure" wifi network has a bad cert. a warning comes up on any device I connect to it. it's kind of embarrassing.

mine too, maybe it's an eduroam thing

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
exchange is really bad

office 365 takes away all the badness while leaving you with the good parts: the best webmail ever made + outlook fat clients.

best thing microsoft has ever done for customers

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

akadajet posted:

to index ur messages for search dummy

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

search index
virus scanning
"ham" for bayesian spam filters

its actually to funnel your communications to the NSA, and also to provide a believable personality for the replicant that replaces you when you need to be disappeared. don't drink the goolaid

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

kalstrams posted:

told my dad that bindows 10 has bad outlook
he told that anroid on desktop could serve as replacement

good luck with that

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
outlook web access is really good

just insanely great

gently caress gmail, owa rules

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

good luck with that

owa is so good these days you wouldn't miss your outlook fat client. seriously

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

owa is so good these days you wouldn't miss your outlook fat client. seriously

i use o365 for work, i am aware.

i've also set up several clients on it.

i was saying good luck with android on the desktop

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

unless owa has improved in the last year or so its complete garbage

outlook client is ok

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
i like how there is no select all in owa and you have to select them all one by one

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

also, hurf durf, i set up a brand new spam filter and it let in some spam! man it's almost as if you have to provide it with some data before it can tell your brain dead coworkers from nigerian princes

I didn't set any new spam filter, it just by default was horrible.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

exchange is really bad

the latest exchange rollup will poo poo itself inside out and fail while installing if there is more than one send connector bound to an ip/port combo

you shouldn't have that anyway, but it doesn't interfere with basic functionality and it's actually set up like that oob in certain configs.

nevertheless the installer doesn't check for it ahead of time and if it runs into it while installing it will fail, leaving exchange unusable without re-installing the update

since you'd normally use exchange to manage the send connectors this is an interesting scenario

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Celexi posted:

I didn't set any new spam filter, it just by default was horrible.

so it's the out of the box configuration on the account that you just set up, but it's not "new"

okay

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Celexi posted:

i like how there is no select all in owa and you have to select them all one by one

that is what your shift key is for

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

i was saying good luck with android on the desktop

android has a web browser, that's all you need :smug:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

that is what your shift key is for

or, you know, ctrl+a

like in everything else.

but no it's the web, so no one even thinks to right-click or try the ctrl keys

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

android has a web browser, that's all you need :smug:

well, android has a web browser, that much is certain

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
android is a web browser

for browsin butts

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
if it's a java heavy site they actively block the 'easy' methods of copying stuff, people might be used to that or something

or most people dont know about keyboard/right click -> *action* shortcuts which is more likely

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

android is a web browser

for browsin butts
agreed. i always just have an android tablet plugged in, ready to bring up a new page on :nws:buttwhy:nws:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

saucepanman posted:

if it's a java heavy site they actively block the 'easy' methods of copying stuff, people might be used to that or something

or most people dont know about keyboard/right click -> *action* shortcuts which is more likely

lol if you use any site that requires java in tyool 2015

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Chris Knight posted:

lol if you use any site that requires java in tyool 2015

what web are you browsing?

how did you get here from 1997?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Blue Train posted:

unless owa has improved in the last year or so its complete garbage

let me check ...

still broken.

Microsoft are still colossal retards who snoop the user agent string in browsers and send broken HTML to Safari and Google Chrome on OSX. How they can be so incompetent when Google Chrome on Windows and Linux works for this dialog box is Nadella's magic.

• Locked thread