Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Does anyone have any AV worthy gifs of this game? It's about the only game I play enough to want an avatar from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Sebbe posted:

So, today I discovered that Daemon's Tail doesn't mix well with The Hierophant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqpUiaZywTE

yeah that's a known thing

also daemon's tail has a shitload of funky properties. ill try to find the guy who explained it

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

If you have dead cat and Judas' Shadow, which one takes precedence when you die?

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Crackbone posted:

If you have dead cat and Judas' Shadow, which one takes precedence when you die?

Dead Cat.

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal
Finally got Eve's HM Dark Room run complete, narrowing the number of characters to complete all their HM symbols down to only 4 (Maggie, Cain, Judas, ???). Was a pretty powerful run too, having Guppy + Hive Mind + Mom's Knife + Brimstone + Spoon Bender. I got confused as one point as to why the knife kept meandering off at random angles for a while, had Samson's Lock as my trinket but I had to keep checking I didn't accidentally get Wiggle Worm or something of the sort. Homing effect can throw targeting off sometimes, which is a pain, but I enjoy having it.

Speaking of which, why are people so down on Telepathy for Dummies, when Spoon Bender is usually so prized? It may take up an active item slot, but it's still useful, especially if you can get 9 Volt or AAA Battery to give you the option every room. Sure, there are better options for that item slot, but while you are waiting for that is it certainly worth using.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Homing is pretty useless unless you have lasers/Brimstone.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Homing and Ludovico is the ultimate lazy mode, especially if you are flying and hide on a rock and go make a sandwich.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Just got hit by a projectile from one of the regular pop up skulls when it was down, wtf is this poo poo

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Just got hit by a projectile from one of the regular pop up skulls when it was down, wtf is this poo poo

Was it purple?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I've been putting in time doing all the completion stuff for each character in hard mode and, in general, not having too much of a problem. Goddamn do they snub you on keys though. It seems like for the second through fourth floors are just impossible to find any. Makes for a dejecting run most of the time.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Unlocking the last few items is such a grind! I don't even know what I'm missing, other than the D100. I haven't had any luck rerolling Angel rooms or the Chest, either. Do you have to beat everything on Hard to get Platinum God? I've done it all with the Lost, but haven't found anything that says you need to with all the characters.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Waffle! posted:

Unlocking the last few items is such a grind! I don't even know what I'm missing, other than the D100. I haven't had any luck rerolling Angel rooms or the Chest, either. Do you have to beat everything on Hard to get Platinum God? I've done it all with the Lost, but haven't found anything that says you need to with all the characters.

You have to beat Heart/It Lives! on hard with every character. You have to beat everything on hard as The Lost.

http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Collection_Page Here is the collection page showing every item that you have to pick up at least once. Check it vs the items you currently have unlocked in your file.

You also have to beat Mega Satan once with anyone.

You also need to build a level 4 Meat Boy and a Bandage Girl. Bandage Girl will unlock Super Bandage, an item you need for completing Platinum God/Real Platinum God.

All unlocks relating to Lost will not count towards unlocking Platinum God, only Real Platinum God.

Rare angel room items have a chance to not appear in the pool of any one game. Gotta just go and reroll and pray.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Wow, I was ALT-F4'ing my way through a really great and promising Lost run, but had the sound off. Entered the Satan fight, breezed through first two stages, got halfway through the third stage and then the last will came up. I got hit but a hoof blocked my view and because the sound was off I didn't realize in time. loving hell, that really could've been my Dark Room run. :(

I guess I learned my lesson to turn the sound back on towards the business end of a Lost run.

Sway Grunt fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 30, 2015

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Was it purple?

Nope, it wasn't a champion

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Did you have any status ailment causing tears or familiars? I believe hitting a skull with fear can delay it's shots until after it closes again.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
If it had the fear debuff that would definitely be the cause. When it has that effect it will try to shoot but no projectiles will come out. For some reason the projectiles are stored and will pop right when the fear wears off

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I knew something was off cause I could swear I got super bandage once but apparently it unlocks by completing a bandage girl.

It's in my item collection page though, and the bandage girl achievement is still locked.

what the hell happened

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Just beat a lost Lamb run with knife/holy mantle/dead cat/full guppy.

Unfortunately I also was an idiot and took undefined, and thus skipped Mom 1, It Lives, and Satan, so all I got was the Soul unlock, which is weird.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Oh Krampus, you shouldn't have! :allears:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh Krampus, you shouldn't have! :allears:

How?

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

I'm gonna guess he had an infinite item charge setup and there is or was a D20 somewhere on that floor.

e: or he's playing on a version where the infinite Krampus bug wasn't fixed

e2:

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'm playing on 1.041 and it hasn't been fixed. :shrug:
shows what i know

Xenogenesis fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jan 31, 2015

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Xenogenesis posted:

I'm gonna guess he had an infinite item charge setup and there is or was a D20 somewhere on that floor.

e: or he's playing on a version where the infinite Krampus bug wasn't fixed

I'm playing on 1.041 and it hasn't been fixed. :shrug:

Basically, you pause the game the moment Krampus spawns an item, but before he actually dies. Exit, and then continue. The item and Krampus will still be there, meaning that you can repeat that for as long as you want. Multiple Lumps of Coals do not stack, for the record. I think it works on some other bosses too.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

ArfJason posted:

I knew something was off cause I could swear I got super bandage once but apparently it unlocks by completing a bandage girl.

It's in my item collection page though, and the bandage girl achievement is still locked.

what the hell happened

You may have gotten it in a re-roll or something like that.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Glare Seethe posted:

Wow, I was ALT-F4'ing my way through a really great and promising Lost run, but had the sound off. Entered the Satan fight, breezed through first two stages, got halfway through the third stage and then the last will came up. I got hit but a hoof blocked my view and because the sound was off I didn't realize in time. loving hell, that really could've been my Dark Room run. :(

I guess I learned my lesson to turn the sound back on towards the business end of a Lost run.

Feels good to quote this a day later and say I just beat the Dark Room as The Lost. :dance: Holy Mantle on the first floor helps to curtail alt-F4 abuse, but Stop Watch helps even more. Guppy mode in the Womb sealed it. I need to beat The Chest still but it feels so much more doable now, unlike Boss Rush which I am seriously dreading. It'd have to be a miracle run for me to beat that as The Lost I think, but those happen on occasion. Maybe Guppy by Caves would do it.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

ArfJason posted:

what the hell happened

Dice Rooms and Missingno can give you stuff that you haven't unlocked yet, and it counts.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I found a black lotus in my latest (Lamb-killing) Eve run. Hard to find. Nice reference to Magic: The Gathering.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

I found a black lotus in my latest (Lamb-killing) Eve run. Hard to find. Nice reference to Magic: The Gathering.

Edmund loves Magic. He even had an opportunity to design a card for the game, the post is on his blog somewhere. Also, you'll really love chaos card.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Did you have a fear effect?

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

If I get this it'll be for the online co-op. How is it?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Yaws posted:

If I get this it'll be for the online co-op. How is it?

Uh, non-existent?

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Color Printer posted:

Uh, non-existent?
I've made a terrible mistake.

Gonna give this one a pass then!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Yaws posted:

It has local assistive co-op (player two helps out, doesn't collect stuff) but Isaac's primarily a one player game.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Yaws posted:

You certainly have.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Dewgy posted:

It has local assistive co-op (player two helps out, doesn't collect stuff) but Isaac's primarily a one player game.

How does this work on PS4? I had a second controller turned on but didn't see any co-op options anywhere.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There aren't any options, it's drop-in drop-out at any time. If you hit start on the second controller, a co-op baby will drop in and will take one of your red hearts (unless you have soul hearts, in which case those will be prioritized).

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

Do you also have to unlock the babies for the second player to control by beating Mom's Heart on Hard with the characters, or are those just special babies?

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Those are special babies. There's a poo poo ton of regular babies it can choose from normally. Some of which have additional effects

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Ferroque posted:

Edmund loves Magic. He even had an opportunity to design a card for the game, the post is on his blog somewhere. Also, you'll really love chaos card.

Now there's a trip down memory lane. I played Magic in middle school from Revised through 4th edition. Hard to forget the gambling rush of opening a new pack, and also that new card smell.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Yaws posted:

And now you've made two terrible mistakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
His third terrible mistake was then posting that he made a mistake in the first place.