Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Is Goldie struggling with Brazilian Rs still or does Natal have some weird name that defies convention?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Charles Gnarwin posted:

How does Anderson still have that #1 spot after a year of inactivity and two straight losses? MMA journalists don't even pretend to have a system.

Name someone better than him who isn't the champion.

That's how.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

How does Anderson still have that #1 spot after a year of inactivity and two straight losses? MMA journalists don't even pretend to have a system.

you are the second person to express incredulity at this without taking into account that anyone not named chris weidman would almost definitely lose to anderson silva

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

UFC does all of the rankings now via a private panel not just the press because of the financial implications of ranking on reebok pay. Silva is #1 because unless you're name is Chris Wiedman he will most likely beat you senseless.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

fatherdog posted:

It's actually a wrestling term, it refers to what Alcantra was doing with the legs while on top in mount.

We always called it a "Saturday night ride"

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Machida, Jacare and Rockhold would beat him.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Marching Powder posted:

you are the second person to express incredulity at this without taking into account that anyone not named chris weidman would almost definitely lose to anderson silva

I have no doubt that Anderson would beat them, but it's just weird to have a guy drop two fights and go out for an entire year and he's still holding the top spot. Rankings don't mean poo poo, but they should probably just include active fighters.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I have no doubt that Anderson would beat them, but it's just weird to have a guy drop two fights and go out for an entire year and he's still holding the top spot. Rankings don't mean poo poo, but they should probably just include active fighters.

as fd just pointed out, rankings most definitely mean poo poo now re: reebok

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

is watson wearing a toupee?

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

CommonShore posted:

is watson wearing a toupee?

Yeah. The Alfalfa Special.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I like these two.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Natal's taunting game is looking good. Should have that special built any second now.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

my favorite bit about this fight is the amazing amount of strikes watson missed. it was riddle-esque

jediguy
Apr 19, 2002

Imagine being Natal and losing to a man with that haircut

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

my favorite bit about this fight is the amazing amount of strikes watson missed. it was riddle-esque

It looks like he has no idea how far Natal is from him, everything he throws is short.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Natal's taunting game is looking good. Should have that special built any second now.

He just used it and it turned out to be the Keith Jardine special. Too bad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Machida, Jacare and Rockhold would beat him.

Rockhold would get murdered.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

why are you responding to the guy who's spent the last few months aggressively trying to horn in on atom's schtick?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

How complete is the reebok thing? All the ads on the floor will be gone I assume, but even the ones Goldie announces?

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 1, 2015

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

NC originally a UD win for natal overturned when it came to light that natal snuck into watson's room the night before the fight and shortened all of his limbs by 5 inches

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Silva is really old and Rockhold is a giant middlweight.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

EmmyOk posted:

How complete is the reebok thing? All the ads on the floor will be gone I assume, but even the ones Goldie announces?

It only applies to apparel I'm p.sure.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

EmmyOk posted:

Pretty sure it is only about the uniforms/gear of fighters. No way is UFC giving up that sweet, sweet Xyience money.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

EmmyOk posted:

How complete is the reebok thing? All the ads on the floor, but even the ones Goldie announces?

The Reebok deal will prevent individual fighters from displaying their own sponsorships on their clothes or banners during UFC events, however to my understanding the UFC will still have all of their own sponsors plastered everywhere. So Corn Nuts would remain the official corn snack of the UFC.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Silva is really old and Rockhold is a giant middlweight.

His striking is a puzzle that a simple hard-headed brawler like Silva will struggle to figure out. It would take a cerebral tactician like Vitor Belfort to pick him apart.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
lol Natal's face when he heard 30-26

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

A loss to natal should be an instant release.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

30-26 oh my

Watson looks like a 40 year old on methadone

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I mean Natal pretty clearly won all three rounds but I'm not sure which one I would even consider scoring a 10-8

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

K8.0 posted:

Name someone better than him who isn't the champion.

That's how.

Machida

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Is there some way I can send money to the game of war marketing department directly?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Parking garage attendant is new base for MMA

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

fatherdog posted:

I mean Natal pretty clearly won all three rounds but I'm not sure which one I would even consider scoring a 10-8

Hopefully it was a judge trying to tell Watson to retire

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
I used to hate McCall's stupid nickname, but its grown on me now.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Northjayhawk posted:

I used to hate McCall's stupid nickname, but its grown on me now.

I still hate it. He'd be much better looking if he didn't twirl his mustache too.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

I still hate it. He'd be much better looking if he didn't twirl his mustache too.

And no one would remember him.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Tom Watson vs. CM Punk

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
McCall took a solid punch and immediately shot for the takedown.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I want Lineker to lose horribly here because I just don't like the dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I want this to be fight of the night because mccall suddenly winning $200k dollars would translate into tragicomic human drama

• Locked thread