Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Who down voted this thread it's like the most innocuous thread ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Probably Wiz.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the wiz is a friend of the family

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

then again his vicky 1 mod is more fun than the actual game

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
It's pretty funny how fundamentally broken paradox map games were prior to eu4 and ck2.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Average Bear posted:

It's pretty funny how fundamentally broken paradox map games were prior to eu4 and ck2.

Eu3 was p deece.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

This is my first time getting the demonspawn event and injecting the son of Iblis' bloodline into the Prophet's (PBUH) sounds loving cool, okay? God you guys have no imagination... :ughh:

I can't believe you don't loving get this incredibly minor and easily done accomplishment, god, you guys.... :ughh: :ughh: :ughh:

now let me talk more about my rise of Islam mod that will never happen

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

*leans against the jukebox in a leather jacket, lowers shades a bit*

Crap Gaming

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Eye of Widesauron posted:

*leans against the jukebox in a leather jacket, lowers shades a bit*

Crap Gaming

you motherfucker

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It's nap gaming.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

CPAP gaming

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

yo why didnt any of you fucks say anything about the darkest hour patch coming out

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

gently caress trophy 2k15 posted:

yo why didnt any of you fucks say anything about the darkest hour patch coming out

There's a DH patch? Does it fix KR crashing like it's goin' out of style?

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Eu3 was p deece.

Hmmm... maybe after the 2nd expansion

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I had a high tolerance for the games thread but now some noob called Volkerball posts in it 1000 times a day and he's the worst kind of noob, a noob who tells other noob how to play.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Hmmm... maybe after the 2nd expansion

I only ever played the complete version.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I had a high tolerance for the games thread but now some noob called Volkerball posts in it 1000 times a day and he's the worst kind of noob, a noob who tells other noob how to play.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Link so I can do the needful

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I went to find a funny post of his and this is a post he made literally 30 seconds ago

Volkerball posted:

It's worst in the Byzantines where the second you get a second duchy, literally everyone else lines up to fight you. I'm not too worried about it because the Abassids seem to fall apart every game at some point now. Worst comes to worst, I'll just console the caliph 100 decadence until they collapse. McD's what in which thread?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Link so I can do the needful

Don't do anything.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Don't do anything.

I'll just call him a friend of the family here then

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Effectronica posted:

There's a DH patch? Does it fix KR crashing like it's goin' out of style?

no but playing as japan in '33 you can chose between going for china or ussr.

also generic leaders can get xp and be promoted.

also the long march is some sort of weird dynamic event thing I haven't actually played it so im not sure.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?833439-Darkest-Hour-Dev-Diary-33-Patch-1.04-beta

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'll just call him a friend of the family here then

That's the map gamer way.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

also they're still adding poo poo to the 1914 scenario somehow

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I only ever played the complete version.

At release there were no decisions or anything and no country really played differently other than stuff like tech speed and what they had to work with at game start. To unify GB or Germany or w/e you had to wait on insanely long MTTH events to trigger. I think in my first game which was Brandenburg->Germany (Prussia event never triggered despite me having the requirements lmao) it took uh... I dunno like 80 years for Germany to form when I had all the requirements? Conquering certain places or having certain ideas (mainly Bureaucracy I think) made it go faster but still. This is all from pretty sketchy memory to be honest. I put the game aside totally until I heard that the game was finally good during the lead up to Heir to the Throne (meaning I didn't touch it at all from 2007 to 2009 lol).

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Wow yeah okay the base MTTH with no modifiers to form Germany was 996 months. Amazing.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

At release there were no decisions or anything and no country really played differently other than stuff like tech speed and what they had to work with at game start. To unify GB or Germany or w/e you had to wait on insanely long MTTH events to trigger. I think in my first game which was Brandenburg->Germany (Prussia event never triggered despite me having the requirements lmao) it took uh... I dunno like 80 years for Germany to form when I had all the requirements? Conquering certain places or having certain ideas (mainly Bureaucracy I think) made it go faster but still. This is all from pretty sketchy memory to be honest. I put the game aside totally until I heard that the game was finally good during the lead up to Heir to the Throne (meaning I didn't touch it at all from 2007 to 2009 lol).

I haven't really played much of 4 since the beginning of last year because I hate too much of it.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I haven't really played much of 4 since the beginning of last year because I hate too much of it.

4 is good now. I think the only time 4 approached release level 3 in terms of how broken it's been was when combat was totally hosed up.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

4 is good now. I think the only time 4 approached release level 3 in terms of how broken it's been was when combat was totally hosed up.

I enjoyed it around AoW but the broken byz missions made me stop playing.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Why can't i form italy and keep my Ambrosian Republic government type? i'm sad.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

GreyPowerVan posted:

Why can't i form italy and keep my Ambrosian Republic government type? i'm sad.

Forming Italy is insanely fail.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I went to find a funny post of his and this is a post he made literally 30 seconds ago
why can't games just play the game. why do they have to immediately resort to the console the instant they face even the slightest of difficulties. why.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Forming Italy is insanely fail.

but italy has the best grey color to form a grey greypowervan eu4 run.

also i just wanted to do it once, just like forming prussia.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

GreyPowerVan posted:

I did too and it was the worst because I formed it as Sardinia piedmont who have a baby blue colour I really liked.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I did too and it was the worst because I formed it as Sardinia piedmont who have a baby blue colour I really liked.

sardinia piedmont is probably the best color in eu4, maybe rivaled by theodoro.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

provence is my vassal, awaiting integration.

i had 3 different large coalitions i was warring with in turns.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

gently caress trophy 2k15 posted:

no but playing as japan in '33 you can chose between going for china or ussr.

also generic leaders can get xp and be promoted.

also the long march is some sort of weird dynamic event thing I haven't actually played it so im not sure.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?833439-Darkest-Hour-Dev-Diary-33-Patch-1.04-beta

eh on the first thing, i'd have liked to see the option for an allied japan if they're gonna implement alt-hist craziness, good on the second, and huh on the third

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Effectronica posted:

eh on the first thing, i'd have liked to see the option for an allied japan if they're gonna implement alt-hist craziness, good on the second, and huh on the third

invading russia disables pearl harbor so its possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I enjoyed it around AoW but the broken byz missions made me stop playing.

They fixed them. They worked in my recent byz game anyway. Restore the Pentarchy still pops up after taking like serbia though.

GreyPowerVan posted:

Pretty sure Italy is olive green you insane friend of the family.