Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Ironhead posted:

This is actually pretty reasonable. Walk into any wardrobe department and they have spray bottles full of cheap rotgut vodka. It helps kill bacteria and get rid of smells in costumes that can't be easily washed. And it works in a pinch when the carpenters run out of beer and you've worked past last call.

It's also good for cleaning mildew off leather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Maybe everclear? If it destroys bacteria the same way it destroys nights that's going to be a really clean mattress

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Ironhead posted:

This is actually pretty reasonable. Walk into any wardrobe department and they have spray bottles full of cheap rotgut vodka. It helps kill bacteria and get rid of smells in costumes that can't be easily washed. And it works in a pinch when the carpenters run out of beer and you've worked past last call.

Sex Hobbit posted:

ok but why not rubbing alcohol? Is flammability a huge concern for wardrobe departments?

The carpenters still have some dignity left.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

tesilential posted:

Fill a ziploc bag with water. Place bag inside shoe. Put shoe in freezer. Remove tomorrow and enjoy your new comfortably fitting shoes.

Not a joke I do this with all of my Vans since they are narrow and I wear a wide. Since you want length maybe get a bag long enough to stretch from the toe box to the heel or wedge something in the heel area so the pressure is on the toe when the water expands.

I am actually trying this out right now. It seems like it could legit work but i dunno how effective it'll be

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

SaltLick posted:

I am actually trying this out right now. It seems like it could legit work but i dunno how effective it'll be

I've done it before with shoes and it works pretty well.

I work wardrobe and on a touring show I was on, all the vodka kept disappearing. Didn't matter where it was hidden, or what kind of lock was on it, someone stole it.

:argh: Carpenters!

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Get married on 9/11 so you never forget your anniversary

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Why, what happened on that day?

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

LoonShia posted:

BENGHAZI

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Wasn't it when Obama was elected? The day America died?

Buh
May 17, 2008

SLOSifl posted:

In your pants. For example I got ants in my pants and one crawled up my dick and built a nest and now when I pee ants come out but I also get erections around crumbs of food.

There's a movie on this premise called Antfarm Dickhole that every goon needs to see.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

You have to get the pronunciation just right.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01jmt84

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

LoonShia posted:

Chilean Coup.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

LoonShia posted:

I have no idea but listen as I tell you exactly where I was and what I was doing that morning

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

LoonShia posted:

JFK was assassinated. :911:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

LoonShia posted:

My sister and my grandmother were born.

AT THE SAME TIME

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
And a fine woman she is too.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

One Swell Foop posted:

And a fine woman she is too.

Why are you assuming they're a girl? Check your privilege, cis-scum.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

Why are you assuming they're a girl? Check your privilege, cis-scum.

<pokes his privilege> Yeah, it's fine....

Oooooooooohhhhhhh...

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I checked my privilege in the shower, it's not as big as I'd like. :(

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Worked for my in-laws! Well, actually they got married in 78 iirc. I suppose it could still have been a plot by my mother-in-law to make sure my father-in-law didn't forget.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Quiet Feet posted:

Worked for my in-laws! Well, actually they got married in 78 iirc. I suppose it could still have been a plot by my mother-in-law to make sure my father-in-law didn't forget.

Same deal for my partner's parent's, with the added wrinkle that his mother was working in the Pentagon in 2001.

They mostly spend their anniversary as far from television and newspapers as possible these days.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Edminster posted:

Same deal for my partner's parent's, with the added wrinkle that his mother was working in the Pentagon in 2001.

They mostly spend their anniversary as far from television and newspapers as possible these days.

Was she okay?

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
yeah, her office was on one of the other sides so she was okay but it still is not something she likes to think about.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Quiet Feet posted:

In a more general sense, my parents got married on Mom's birthday, so Dad only has to remember one date.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Legit good hack

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Lifehack: too poor for shoes? Chop off your feet and bleed to death like an animal you piece of poo poo

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

It's "a animal" and it's irritating like glass squeaking on glass whenever people put "an" instead. This is important to my life.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

This is a good post, this is why I wade through the nonsense for in this thread

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..
Have a special occasion that requires buying flowers but you're a cheap bastard? Find the closest cemetery and hop the fence after sunset. Like taking a stroll through a florist! (would never do this but I live right next to a cemetery where I walk my dog and the twisted part of my brain started thinking....)

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

El Duderino posted:

Have a special occasion that requires buying flowers but you're a cheap bastard? Find the closest cemetery and hop the fence after sunset. Like taking a stroll through a florist! (would never do this but I live right next to a cemetery where I walk my dog and the twisted part of my brain started thinking....)

Tired of your rug? Tell everyone some nihilists pissed on it and get someone else to replace it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Tasty_Crayon posted:

Tired of your rug? Tell everyone some nihilists pissed on it and get someone else to replace it.

Don't have a witty comeback? Just repeat things you hear on TV!

#Dudehacks

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Considering it's Buzzfeed, this is surprisingly funny.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/tricks-that-will-significantly-improve-your-life#.ksvJYnwWZP

quote:

Give geeks a panic attack by sitting outside an apple store with a thermos at midnight.

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

LoonShia posted:

Don't have a witty comeback? Just repeat things you hear on TV!

#Dudehacks

At least I'm housebroken, man.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

C.P.A.N. posted:

Hey, man, at least I'm housebroken.

:colbert:

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

Not on the rug man

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

pro click

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Hilarious until you realize it's just another plagiarized list. Pretty much all Buzzfeed is good for. See: Viz's Top Tips.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

EZipperelli posted:

Hilarious until you realize it's just another plagiarized list. Pretty much all Buzzfeed is good for. See: Viz's Top Tips.

Did think it might be. Buzzfeed usually is. Steal other peoples' ideas to make your website successful. Life hacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

thespaceinvader posted:

Did think it might be. Buzzfeed usually is. Steal other peoples' ideas to make your website successful. Life hacks.

Walla! #heckyeahpageviews #whatiscopyrightanyway