Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

SRM posted:

I played a game with a buddy of mine today, my Marines vs. his Orks. It started with a 4x4 terrain-packed table, where I had a small force go in and try and take out three objectives. He had a bunch of blips floating around that would reveal to be anything from 10 grots to 5 nobz with a klaw. ... Reminded me a lot of the convention games I used to run with my dad, or some of the wacky homebrew miniatures rulesets I played with my friends in high school.

Saving this post because that sounds fun as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

ijyt posted:

Saving this post because that sounds fun as gently caress.

3rd edition had loads of missions like this that I miss. Games like this remind me how fun this game can be.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
My favorite were the ones simulating the Starcraft missions where you have to hold out for 20 mins. Defender sets up in the middle of the table while the attacker gets to deploy from all four edges. Defender gets an extra 500 points but anything the attacker loses gets redeployed the following turn.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Mango Polo posted:

Looking forward to that. I'm swinging between an AV13 wall with Arks and Stalkers, or going for a fast assault with Wraiths, Preatorians and Arcanthrites. Though in neither case it will be able to deal cleanly with Eldar WS/Knights/Flying Tyrant fuckery :(
I actually don't really see any good defences against bunch of flying tyrants with this codex.

Tyrants are rough to deal with- AV113 wall is somewhat resistant to them, but those Haywire hits add up fast. You're really banking on them failing armor saves and falling to the ground- however, do note that RAW Doom Scythes can kill FMCs reasonably well, since they can Skyfire shoot their blasts at them. Best advice against them is just to spread out, make it hard for them to maneuver to get shots against the things they care about, and play to the objectives (because Tyranids are actually fairly bad at that.)

Lungboy posted:

What's the best load out for a Wraithlord in a Wraith-only list? Dual BL + dual flamer? What about Wave Serpent load out for Wraithguard transport? I'd wondering if I can steal the Serpent BLs for my Wraithlords.

I would definitely do twin-BL/twin-Flamer on the Wraithlords. You want the Flamers to make hordes of infantry (their worst enemy) leave you alone and Bright lances, now that they are reasonably priced, are a very strong option. Serpents pretty much always want to be Scatter Laser and Holofields, with an optional Shuriken Cannon. (I really like those extra S6 shots, because Serpents really don't get enough to start with dontcha know.)

LordAba posted:

Nope, Shadow is always 12". I don''t think there is any way of increasing it. Always always 12".

I thought I remembered there being an obscure thing (maybe in the new BA supplement book stuff?) that gave Tyranids a small way to bump their Shadow in the Warp range? I could be wrong, though.

Ghost Hand posted:

If you want any advice on the Podcast (I'm not super into competitive scene as many know but I'll be checking it out), just shoot me a message.

I appreciate the offer- will have to contact you some other way, as I don't have PMs here, but you obviously have some experience in the arena of making good Podcasts. What did you use for your hosting, if you don't mind my asking?

spacegoat posted:

Seriously you guys sound so angry.
Sorry you don't like it, guy, but no one in that room was angry. I'm not really even sure where you're getting that vibe from. I mean, most all of us play at least one (and in most cases several, since we all know quite a few armies) on the list, so it's not like it's a "omg these armies SUCKS for FAGS no skill wtf lamer" thing. Eldar are just really, really, really good and pretty much everyone knows it, and most of the other armies we talked about are fairly head-and-shoulders above the competition as well.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

My favorite were the ones simulating the Starcraft missions where you have to hold out for 20 mins. Defender sets up in the middle of the table while the attacker gets to deploy from all four edges. Defender gets an extra 500 points but anything the attacker loses gets redeployed the following turn.
I love recreating the "Space Marine Battle Pile" formation from almost all Space Marine art. I played one of those games with my dad not too long ago, where he had half his force protecting a central building and the rest of his force came in in reserves. As long as he was holding the objective at the end, he won. On turn 5 or so I was able to dig his troops out. It was a fun scenario - asymmetrical games are the best.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

AbusePuppy posted:

Sorry you don't like it, guy, but no one in that room was angry. I'm not really even sure where you're getting that vibe from. I mean, most all of us play at least one (and in most cases several, since we all know quite a few armies) on the list, so it's not like it's a "omg these armies SUCKS for FAGS no skill wtf lamer" thing. Eldar are just really, really, really good and pretty much everyone knows it, and most of the other armies we talked about are fairly head-and-shoulders above the competition as well.

The worst thing you can do is ignore criticism at this stage. Getting overly defensive about it will just make it worse. The podcast was all over the place, lacked any sense of real direction and it just seemed like all 3 of you wanted to be more right than the other. Also get some decent microphones and play with the levels so you don't all sound like goons.txt in audible form.

You're a really knowledgeable guy about 40k so dont take this as some sort of attack on what you're saying, just that how you presented it was not very good. Sort that and you will probably have something worth listening to.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AbusePuppy posted:

I thought I remembered there being an obscure thing (maybe in the new BA supplement book stuff?) that gave Tyranids a small way to bump their Shadow in the Warp range? I could be wrong, though.

AH, I think you might be right. I think you need a maleceptor though.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

serious gaylord posted:

The worst thing you can do is ignore criticism at this stage. Getting overly defensive about it will just make it worse. The podcast was all over the place, lacked any sense of real direction and it just seemed like all 3 of you wanted to be more right than the other. Also get some decent microphones and play with the levels so you don't all sound like goons.txt in audible form.

You're a really knowledgeable guy about 40k so dont take this as some sort of attack on what you're saying, just that how you presented it was not very good. Sort that and you will probably have something worth listening to.

Well, the microphone thing I can do something about, but I don't know anything about sound engineering so "do something about the levels" doesn't really help me much. I tried evening out the volumes on the respective voices, but to be quite honest I don't know how to do much else beyond that, so I don't know what could/should be done.

I'm certainly willing to take criticism, but if it's just "you guys sound bad and talk bad and your subject matter is bad" then that really just boils down to "stop doing this." Similarly, with you saying that we were essentially falling over each other to agree the most and spacegoat saying we sounded super-angry, I don't even know which way to take that- I mean, those two things are kinda the opposite of each other. I realize I'm not at all experienced with this side of things, but wildly contradictory advice like that doesn't really get me very far, so it's hard to do much of anything with it.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

He wasn't saying you were all trying to agree with each other. He was saying you all were trying to one up each other.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

AbusePuppy posted:

Well, the microphone thing I can do something about, but I don't know anything about sound engineering so "do something about the levels" doesn't really help me much. I tried evening out the volumes on the respective voices, but to be quite honest I don't know how to do much else beyond that, so I don't know what could/should be done.

I'm certainly willing to take criticism, but if it's just "you guys sound bad and talk bad and your subject matter is bad" then that really just boils down to "stop doing this." Similarly, with you saying that we were essentially falling over each other to agree the most and spacegoat saying we sounded super-angry, I don't even know which way to take that- I mean, those two things are kinda the opposite of each other. I realize I'm not at all experienced with this side of things, but wildly contradictory advice like that doesn't really get me very far, so it's hard to do much of anything with it.

You guys didnt sound angry but a couple of your accents were pretty brutal on my ears but so was Carl's in IC at first and I am certainly not telling you to adopt some news presenter speak.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

AbusePuppy posted:

It might help for you guys to adopt different roles. Have one person moderate the discussion and keep everything on track or take turns on leading different parts of the discussion. It doesn't help if you guys are constantly correcting one another or talking over one another. There needs to be a mutual respect amongst the casters. Avoid insular buzzwords, abbreviations and lingo, or, if you're going to use them. Explain what they are. If your listeners find your show to cliquey they'll switch off. The show shouldn't be about you guys showing off how excellent you are or how much you've cracked the game. It's about sharing your experiences in an engaging and informative way and understanding that warhammer tactics are an evolving and subjective thing. Why should people listen to you? What have you got to say that is interesting? How are you different to other podcasts? what information do you offer that they can't already get from BOLS, 3++, or dakka.

Also, prepare better. Sit down and plan what you're going to talk about, have notes on topic points you want to hit. know your respective roles in the discussion. You'll avoid a lot of the "one upping" if you are all on the same page before you start recording.

Try and be in the same room. It is so much more difficult to have a discussion when someone is coming down the line.

Aaaand... go to youtube and learn some basic recording and editing techniques. If you're serious about doing this you'll also benefit from some decent mics and some kind of sound desk so that you can level the mics against one another to compensate for each performers projection and tone.

Cataphract fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 2, 2015

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

PeterWeller posted:

He wasn't saying you were all trying to agree with each other. He was saying you all were trying to one up each other.

This. It felt like I was listening to a pissing match between pros who had no interest in engaging an audience.

Edit: And everything Cataphract just said. I think roles in particular are important. I can't stand Carl but I respect the role he plays and the effort he puts into his show are things that make it worth listening to. My enjoyment of his podcast comes from the roles of the other casters and/or guests, as well as clear, overreaching direction that consistently tries to engage the audience. They're genuinely excited and passionate about the material and it's hard to not get caught up in that.

spacegoat fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 2, 2015

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I got a chance to play 40K in real life for the first time in years today. It was pretty fun. I ended up with a guy's spare Tau army since I didn't rbing any of my own. He played his Dark Eldar and we took on two Chaos Marine players. It was a tense match, but in the end the Tau gunline proved superior and we carried the day.

It made me seriously consider getting back into it, but I haven't played since 5th.

I have Ork and Chaos Marine armies...and a few Eldar models. How competitive are these armies in 7th? Particularly the Orks. I love them, but their last (to me...5th, I believe) codex was not kind to them.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Where are the rules for Alaitoc Pathfinders? There's mention of them in the Eldar codex but I can't find an Alaitoc dataslate.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Nightspear allows you to upgrade a regular Pathfinder unit to them, check out his entry.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Where are the rules for Alaitoc Pathfinders? There's mention of them in the Eldar codex but I can't find an Alaitoc dataslate.

They're an upgrade you unlock by taking the pathfinder special character HQ now.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Devorum posted:

I got a chance to play 40K in real life for the first time in years today. It was pretty fun. I ended up with a guy's spare Tau army since I didn't rbing any of my own. He played his Dark Eldar and we took on two Chaos Marine players. It was a tense match, but in the end the Tau gunline proved superior and we carried the day.

It made me seriously consider getting back into it, but I haven't played since 5th.

I have Ork and Chaos Marine armies...and a few Eldar models. How competitive are these armies in 7th? Particularly the Orks. I love them, but their last (to me...5th, I believe) codex was not kind to them.

I've been running orks pretty solidly since the latest codex drops and have been having a blast. WAAAGH! now allows you to charge after running once per game, plus orks have a rule that means they can re roll one of their charge distance dice. The bottom line is that orks are very fast at crossing the table and its not unlikely for a footslogging unit of boyz to get into combat on turn two. Folks have been moaning about the changes to the mob rule but, honestly, in my experience the new mob rule is fine and is superior if you run units of fewer than 10 models like meganobz.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
SRM, once again you prove that you really get how to have a good time with 40k. I definitely want to make up some 'blip' markers and play games like that. Thanks for the inspiration!

A while ago I posted a converted wheeled open canvas-backed Taurox for a commission client's Tallarn army. He liked the prototype and ordered three more, so here's the convoy in progress.

For my own personal armies, here's my Dire Avengers converted from Guardians. I also have a unit of Rangers, a Sporocyst, and a converted Dimachaeron almost finished with paint.

Also, another series of battle photos from my brother. My Eldar versus his Dark Eldar on my jungle board.

Brother's Warseer post posted:

Here are some battle shots from an 1850 Relic game of my Dark Eldar vs Pekel's Eldar.

The board:

Warwalkers outflank through the jungle

The lone surviving Eldar jetbike flees as its Dark Eldar counterparts come to claim the relic.

Razorwings were the MVPs. They killed a squad of Dark Reapers, destroyed a Falcon, and exploded a Warwalker before the game ended with them still locked in combat with the remaining 2 walkers.

Dark Eldar completely surrounded the relic by the end of the game.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I love your articles on 3++ AP but the thing I took away from this podcast was "Welcome to the first episode! (*bark bark*)"

I don't know if its Skype or the software you're using to record but there seems to be a definite problem with the levels. Talking over each other happens naturally when things are unscripted but the software seems to be muting some microphones whenever others talk which makes things really pronounced. I'm not an audio engineer either but just poke around in your settings and experiment.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 2, 2015

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
If you are going to have people phone in, I think setting up a Mumble server would be way better than recording a Skype call.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
So who's going to the NOVA Open this year? I'm in, and I know MSP is, too.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

NTRabbit posted:

I'm on my first tube, saw it in the store and thought I'd give it a try. Messy though, you almost need to paint just the metal and then varnish it before painting anything else, just to stop the spread of sparkles. Otherwise yeah, I love the Vallejo Liquid Golds, got three of them, the AK just had colours like Aluminium and Iron that aren't in the VLG.

Other news, the guy who makes the cool ebay tank tracks made two true scale Land Raiders, four Rhinos, two Whirlwinds, two Predators, and two Vindicators

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.833522410020542.1073741838.302835446422577&type=1

Hahahaha, he is trying to sell blast templates for $50:

I like his old spiky treads, no lie, but his poo poo is getting expensive. Plus he ignores your feedback if you ask him questions on ebay :v:

Genghis Cohen posted:

BATTLE REPORT
He had a pretty standard mechanised army, but included 3 forgeworld hornets (pulse lasers, natch) and a Lynx superheavy. Very scary, and he managed to roll invisibility in order to protect it. He had first turn unfortunately.

I gotta say- you played against a very unfriendly list... and came out on top!

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

AbusePuppy posted:

I appreciate the offer- will have to contact you some other way, as I don't have PMs here, but you obviously have some experience in the arena of making good Podcasts. What did you use for your hosting, if you don't mind my asking?

Libsyn. Do yourself a favor and use it now!

You can always email me at carl @ the independentcharacters dot com

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Big Willy Style posted:

You guys didnt sound angry but a couple of your accents were pretty brutal on my ears but so was Carl's in IC at first and I am certainly not telling you to adopt some news presenter speak.

Haha that's fantastic!

Where are your ears from? I have a pretty mild American accent... (As far as I know)

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Thanks for the Wraithlord and Serpent advice. It's a shame that the WL kit only comes with one of each weapon, but if I'm guessing/hoping the Serpent has brightlances in its kit that I can nab.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
iirc the serpent come with 2 of the heavy weapons sprues, so if you're using the scatter-lasers the others will be spare !

If not, gimmie a shout I've got some spare

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Just remember no imperial player is going to be able to ID your weapons anyway...

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Renfield posted:

iirc the serpent come with 2 of the heavy weapons sprues, so if you're using the scatter-lasers the others will be spare !

Thanks, if you're correct then I should be fine.

What about Wraithseers? Worth getting or not? I don't have Mymeara to hand so I can't check their rules until later.

e: that assumes that the latest Wraithseer rules are in IA11. Are they?

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Feb 2, 2015

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The new Orikan the Diviner is loving fantastic. Not only does he have a real chance of turning into a monster, but re-rolling saving throws of one is fully sick, especially since it works with Reanimation Protocols too.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

There's a podcasting thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3375988 but I can't vouch for how much technical help is in there, usually it's just people popping in to say 'hey I have a podcast' but when someone is getting continual help from experienced podcasters that series of posts is usually very helpful for other new podcasters as well.

I haven't listened to your show yet, but because I'm starting a 40K/boardgame podcast soon I've been listening to nearly every 40K podcast there is, and based on that here's my input:
- Skype-call podcasts are annoying to listen to (better to record remotely and the Skyper can Dropbox the sound file to the person doing the editing)
- If someone is sick, either wait until they're OK or DO NOT cough, sneeze, snort, burp, etc. into the mic (of course no eating, drinking, etc., while you're recording)
- Don't expect a radio broadcast-quality recording using a laptop webcam mic - The better your recording setup, the better you'll sound to people who listen to lots of podcasts
- Goofy sound effects, soundboard movie quotes and that sort of thing can be polarizing...I hate them but some podcasts have been going for a while with them apparently, so YMMV
- It's good that you have a focus for the show and episode, because a rambling, disjointed effort will come across exactly like that to listeners
- Look up Levelator online, and use it (it's free)

Also, everything that Cataphract said

It's hard to take criticism, especially when someone complains about how your voice sounds (because you can't do anything about that) but every podcast takes some getting used to, and new podcasts have a breaking-in period while everyone figures out what they're doing on the show (sound, content, editing, etc) - the sooner you can sort all that out and have a fairly polished program, the quicker listeners get used to you, and hopefully they become regulars.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I thought that was a different poster. AP is not an inflammatory poster like some we have had in the past.

I do remember someone said something like that. I too was confused because I knew centstar was a real list and I was surprised to hear a competitive poster not know about it.

Yeah I may have it wrong then. Sorry AP!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Lungboy posted:

Thanks for the Wraithlord and Serpent advice. It's a shame that the WL kit only comes with one of each weapon, but if I'm guessing/hoping the Serpent has brightlances in its kit that I can nab.

Renfield posted:

Wraithlords and Wave Serpents come with different heavy weapons - the Serpent type have rings that slide over pins and are used by all grav tanks and Vypers, whereas the Wraithlord type have slots and are in common with Guardian support platforms and War Walkers, and two types are not really compatible with each other.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Feb 2, 2015

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Ghost Hand posted:

Haha that's fantastic!

Where are your ears from? I have a pretty mild American accent... (As far as I know)

I am from Australia. It is only with radio/podcasts that this happens to me. If I am watching American TV or films it doesn't matter.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

The Sex Cannon posted:

So who's going to the NOVA Open this year? I'm in, and I know MSP is, too.

I plan to head up this year.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

NTRabbit posted:

Wraithlords and Wave Serpents come with different heavy weapons - the Serpent type have rings that slide over pins and are used by all grav tanks and Vypers, whereas the Wraithlord type have slots and are in common with Guardian support platforms and War Walkers, and two types are not really compatible with each other.

Hmm, that complicates things. I think a bit of fiddling should get it to fit though, will have a look this evening.

e: I wonder if i could stick the barrel to the Wraithknight weapon body and mount it that way?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Lungboy posted:

Hmm, that complicates things. I think a bit of fiddling should get it to fit though, will have a look this evening.

e: I wonder if i could stick the barrel to the Wraithknight weapon body and mount it that way?

There will be ways of doing it with an exacto knife, some glue and a pocket full of dreams, I was just making sure you knew it wasn't as easy as hot swapping

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

BuffaloChicken posted:

SRM, once again you prove that you really get how to have a good time with 40k. I definitely want to make up some 'blip' markers and play games like that. Thanks for the inspiration!

A while ago I posted a converted wheeled open canvas-backed Taurox for a commission client's Tallarn army. He liked the prototype and ordered three more, so here's the convoy in progress.

For my own personal armies, here's my Dire Avengers converted from Guardians. I also have a unit of Rangers, a Sporocyst, and a converted Dimachaeron almost finished with paint.

Also, another series of battle photos from my brother. My Eldar versus his Dark Eldar on my jungle board.

If you ever do play a game like that, be sure to share! It was fun but it could definitely benefit from more organization and forethought; a lot of it was really off the cuff.

Those Tauroxes (Tauroxii?) are purdy. My only regret with the stormtrooper variant is that it can't have the autocannon turret, since it looks so much better than anything else.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Lungboy posted:

I don't know if you're planning on magnetizing them or not. But it's really easy to use the WS heavy weapons on the wraithlord if you just cut the semi-circle bit off with an exacto knife and glue a magnet in its place. I've done it for all my warwalkers

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Big Willy Style posted:

I am from Australia. It is only with radio/podcasts that this happens to me. If I am watching American TV or films it doesn't matter.

Considering all the Australian actors who take American accents in TV shows and movies these days... I figured you would be used to it :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

krushgroove posted:

There's a podcasting thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3375988 but I can't vouch for how much technical help is in there, usually it's just people popping in to say 'hey I have a podcast' but when someone is getting continual help from experienced podcasters that series of posts is usually very helpful for other new podcasters as well.

I haven't listened to your show yet, but because I'm starting a 40K/boardgame podcast soon I've been listening to nearly every 40K podcast there is, and based on that here's my input:
- Skype-call podcasts are annoying to listen to (better to record remotely and the Skyper can Dropbox the sound file to the person doing the editing)
- If someone is sick, either wait until they're OK or DO NOT cough, sneeze, snort, burp, etc. into the mic (of course no eating, drinking, etc., while you're recording)
- Don't expect a radio broadcast-quality recording using a laptop webcam mic - The better your recording setup, the better you'll sound to people who listen to lots of podcasts
- Goofy sound effects, soundboard movie quotes and that sort of thing can be polarizing...I hate them but some podcasts have been going for a while with them apparently, so YMMV
- It's good that you have a focus for the show and episode, because a rambling, disjointed effort will come across exactly like that to listeners
- Look up Levelator online, and use it (it's free)

Also, everything that Cataphract said

It's hard to take criticism, especially when someone complains about how your voice sounds (because you can't do anything about that) but every podcast takes some getting used to, and new podcasts have a breaking-in period while everyone figures out what they're doing on the show (sound, content, editing, etc) - the sooner you can sort all that out and have a fairly polished program, the quicker listeners get used to you, and hopefully they become regulars.

The other thing I would say is to give it some time. Get some practice. As you do more episodes you will probably find your groove. I listen to our earlier stuff and cringe.

Additionally, we used to receive a lot of questions about our set up and how we did the show. So I just wrote a series of articles about it.... some of this has changed over the years but it's still pretty relevant.

http://theindependentcharacters.com/blog/?cat=17

edit: Even more than the whole series - I think this is probably one of the most important articles about 40k Podcasts I wrote:

http://theindependentcharacters.com/blog/?p=516

Ghost Hand fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 2, 2015

• Locked thread