Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If you really want to support any members of the mlw podcast network head over to https://www.prowrestlingtees.com/biglg and buy a shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I don't think they ever were.

the second episode was sub only, the rest are all free iirc

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Aesop Poprock posted:

Stone Cold gushing about how good Cole, Lawler and JBL are as an announce team was kind of unfortunate. Sometimes he has these really weird opinions that seem completely disconnected from the rest of his stuff and I'm never sure if it's because he legitimately believes them or if he just plays favorites unabashedly with people he likes.

Well to be fair he might have been basing that off of their Rumble performances which were uncharacteristically pretty great, except for the divas match and the rumble itself.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I've never subscribed and I have always had access to the main MLW show, Bauer & Pollock, Cornette, and Tizz Schizz every week. B&P is also available through the Live Audio Wrestling feed (also free).

If you subscribe you get more Cornette, more of the main show (with whoever's available at the time), Kevin Sullivan, and some others I'm forgetting.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Is the All About The Reigns song on Youtube or somewhere, I want to listen to it again

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Easily the best song since Meltzer Monster.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Easily the best song since Meltzer Monster.

Hello. I love you, won't you tell me your name?

This is Ian.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Is the All About The Reigns song on Youtube or somewhere, I want to listen to it again

http://tindeck.com/listen/ovuyn

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Mizdow on Talk is Jericho is a great interview. Always crazy to hear about places where kayfabe is alive, like Sandow getting maced by old ladies or not being served in restaurants because he was a heel in Puerto Rico. It's kind of funny when you hear about stuff like that from back in the day, but when it's happening in the 2000s still it's just kind of scary ignorance. Kayfabe is such a nutty thing.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Heavy Metal posted:

Mizdow on Talk is Jericho is a great interview. Always crazy to hear about places where kayfabe is alive, like Sandow getting maced by old ladies or not being served in restaurants because he was a heel in Puerto Rico. It's kind of funny when you hear about stuff like that from back in the day, but when it's happening in the 2000s still it's just kind of scary ignorance. Kayfabe is such a nutty thing.

The death of kayfabe is the worst thing to happen to the industry

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Super Ninja Fish posted:

That's awesome that you got a reply from him. What were the questions?

Why on earth did you guys book around the negative reaction for a babyface? The entire Rumble was booked around the idea that Roman Reigns was doing to be a babyface and get booed out of the building. That is actively spiting your fans! It got no one over. The booking made all the fan favorites - who if you forget are wrestlers that people are paying to see - look like literal bags of trash. Reigns looked like a goober for needing his cousin to come in and save him from two old guys after his rumble was "sitting the the corner taking a nap and then pushing the two old men out of the ring after they inexplicably started to fight each other". Why not just do the simple thing and have the most over face or heel win? Seems pretty simple!

Why do you treat audience like morons? The commentary team treats the audience like they couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel. The build to every pay per view is exactly the same - a series of DQ finish matches or tag matches that don't get anyone over.

NXT is booked smartly, the stories are plain, simple, and engaging. Things are introduced, explained, and follow to a logical conclusion. Guys on the rise win matches, jobbers job and it makes sense. The main roster, especially the midcard, is parity booked into oblivion. Everyone is constantly trading wins. How does this build stars? How does this make anyone want to watch? Somehow they managed to screw up Cesaro after Wrestlemania last year! He had a big face turn and everything, and then he was partnered with Heyman and was the third most important part of his entrance after Brock (no there) and Paul (who doesn't wrestle). The roster is extremely talented and yet they're all made to look impotent at best. How can you improve this awful booking?

Will the women (I loathe the term divas) ever be treated equally on the main roster? In NXT they're given equal time to the men and they tear the house down. Charlotte versus Sasha Banks is a license to print money. Paige, Bayley, Becky Lynch, Emma - WWE has a bunch of women coming up who can actually wrestle worth a drat but they're given 2-3 minute matches that always ends in a roll-up. Honestly, if you watched nothing but women's matches you'd thing the roll-up was the most devastating move in a wrestler's arsenal. When are we getting 15-20 minutes of Paige versus Nattie or AJ? Women aren't any worse at wrestling just because they've got breasts. And as an aside to that, why the hell are the women's characters all either: 1. crazy person or 2. stuck up person. There's no other way to write women? It's 2015. I'm sure you can take influence from or flat-out steal a well written storyline for a strong female character in this day and age.

When is the midcard going to matter? Future main eventers aren't going to fall from the sky. You already employ them. The Intercontinental Title, which when I started watching wrestling as a kid was held by Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, and Razor Ramon, is completely meaningless. Look at the win/loss records of guys holding it. They constantly lose. Constantly. Wins and losses do matter. Wins make guys look stronger, losses make them look weaker. We know it's all a work but you can change our perceptions by getting rid of this parity booking nonsense. Why does Cena move merchandise? Perhaps because the last 2 times he was pinned, clean as a whistle, in the middle of the ring, was Brock Lesnar and Daniel Bryan. If he was losing every other week do you think anyone would care? Now why do you suppose there's so much apathy elsewhere on the roster? Remember, the midcard makes up the majority of your actual televised running time - try not to crap all over it!

I know WWE is a "Big Man's" company in reputation - but look at how many of the less than big guys have been amazing champions. Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels weren't big guys. There are others too. Why is the company so reluctant to let the smaller guys get their time to shine? Daniel Bryan is organically over. As much as I've seen the phrase thrown around, he's not "catchphrase over". No, Jack Swagger is "catchphrase over". People say his catchphrase with him and then take a nap for the rest of his match. Daniel Bryan is over. He's universally loved. Fans are with him from the moment he steps out onto the stage until he goes back behind the curtain. Again, license to print money. Going back to an earlier point, why the hell did you think fans wouldn't cheer for him constantly and always demand that he main event? Is it because you think they're stupid and have no memory? Your fans are literally telling you what they want and you are giving them something else instead. If you ran a restaurant and a customer ordered steak, you wouldn't bring them a salad. Right now you have thousands, if not millions, of fans clamoring for a steak and your company is delivering nothing but lettuce. If you were a restaurant you'd be out of business. I know you have to disappoint the fans sometimes - the face has to lose otherwise they're not believable as a hero (except Cena, who the commenters called "the ultimate underdog" even though he's massive, never loses and is a champion a dozen-plus times). There's a difference between disappointment and anger though. And as a company in which customer interaction is a vital part of the product, you can't ignore the customers. Remember, there are two wrestlers in the ring, one ref, and thousands of fans. Those fans are just as important to the quality of the match and the product as a whole as any of the performers. For proof of this, look at the Wyatt versus Ambrose ambulance match in front of a comatose audience on Raw a couple weeks ago. That was a great match where a disengaged audience made it into a dull one. Further proof is the post-Wrestlemania Raw, where the audience is so engaged that everything is better for it. Treat your audience with respect and they'll improve your product. Crap all over them and they'll crap all over you before changing the channel.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
he read all that?

Jazz Hoyt
Nov 25, 2007
Those are all great questions. The sad thing is he only has an hour so he'll probably have to fly through everything. He asked good questions to Vince but didn't really have time to press him much.

It'd be great if he spent all sixty minutes going, "... seriously, Reigns?"

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

If the Vince interview is anything to go by, he'll ask those questions or ones close to them, but HHH will give some diplomatic non-answer and won't be pressed to give a real response before they move on to the next topic.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
That's funny, considering most of the criticism of the Vince interview was Vince's non-diplomatic answers and Austin's non-followup on the answers he was given.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Well yeah, the lack of followup is what I expect from Austin, but sadly I don't think HHH will go 'off message' as much as Vince did.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I'd love to see HHH"s reaction to the parody booking question and the wanting steak at a restaurant and getting lettuce analogy.

The "Why did you book the rumble around a baby face getting booed?" is an excellent one too.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

ICHIBAHN posted:

he read all that?

Yup. And over a thousand other emails if his follow-up is to be believed.

Thanks for the compliments on the questions, I just watch WWE and almost constantly disappointed by their inability to use the talent they have in meaningful ways. And I wrote these while listening to Austin's podcast, trying to mimic his style a bit. Normally I wouldn't talk about steak and salad, but I knew that that's the sort of analogy that would get his attention. I don't give a poo poo if Bryan beats Lesnar or not, I just want to see him in the main event because it's the top face against the top heel and that's as simple as it can be.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Blasmeister posted:

Well yeah, the lack of followup is what I expect from Austin, but sadly I don't think HHH will go 'off message' as much as Vince did.

Verbally it was a tad disappointing, but his 'that's BS' face response to Vince's answers said it all in places haha

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Bryan attempting to have a serious discussion about football is really one of the only things that brings me joy

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Big Bob Pataki posted:

Bryan attempting to have a serious discussion about football is really one of the only things that brings me joy

I love how much of a fairweather fan he is.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Vinny spends his entire life watching and cheering for a team and then Bryan summarizes it by saying a player who wasn't even on the field hosed up at the end

You can hear a piece of Vinny's soul shatter like a dropped glass

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Everyone go to Bryan's twitter and post your favorite comment:

I'll start

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I did a legitimate cackle when he asked Vinny if Marshawn Lynch was going to be drafted.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

LordPants posted:

Everyone go to Bryan's twitter and post your favorite comment:

I'll start

This was me trying to figure out wtf, whilst also having to deal with the horror of Vernon Kaye and Man Vs Food bloke doing our live coverage?? I didn't even know they had the credentials to do that. I picked Seahawks just cos Frasier and DBry, and spent most of it going 'what is this poo poo Rugby why does it keep stopping all the drat time.' But hey, the pre-show got me hyped for that small amount of time.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I remember being like that. I just bought a secondhand copy of like NFL 04 or something and that's how I learned everything I know about it :shrug:

Some more Bryanisms:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
worked handoffs, that's amazing

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Germ Incubator posted:

Verbally it was a tad disappointing, but his 'that's BS' face response to Vince's answers said it all in places haha

Yeah I mean there's only so much Austin can push, and honestly if Austin felt he had more time I think he would've. He has his list of things he wants to get through and tried to hit as many of them as he could. BUT, what he lacked in following up he made up for with his expressions and body language. You can see him zone out when Vince is on message. Trips is in a different spot because he's not seen as the man in charge, so I don't think he'll get quite the same questions as Vince. I'll be interested to see if he asks him about Punk though (I'm not sure why, I'm sure it will be the usual 'Well there's two sides to ever story and we wish Punk the best and hope to see him back one day' thing).

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DrVenkman posted:

I'll be interested to see if he asks him about Punk though (I'm not sure why, I'm sure it will be the usual 'Well there's two sides to ever story and we wish Punk the best and hope to see him back one day' thing).

Because everyone wants Triple H to just say what he's thinking and start busting his suit jacket off with flexing while snarling that that skinnyfat vanilla midget will rue the day he chose to walk out on the WWE and Triple H would personally put him back in his place because he is the GAME-uh, the KING OF KINGS, the ASSKICKER, and he'll Pedigree Punk AND Punk's lawyer!

And that'd be really funny.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I love how everything is in some way associated with wrestling.

"Triple H looked like one of the heels from the Dark Crystal!"

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Worked handoffs is amazing

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

rotinaj posted:

Because everyone wants Triple H to just say what he's thinking and start busting his suit jacket off with flexing while snarling that that skinnyfat vanilla midget will rue the day he chose to walk out on the WWE and Triple H would personally put him back in his place because he is the GAME-uh, the KING OF KINGS, the ASSKICKER, and he'll Pedigree Punk AND Punk's lawyer!

And that'd be really funny.
I'm marking out over here. I also hope Triple H mentions balls once or twice in this interview. Punk took his ball and went home... we don't turn our back on our balls.

Really though, Austin said all sorts of on point stuff about how Reigns is too green and how much they messed up, I hope he says some of this to Triple H.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Heavy Metal posted:

I'm marking out over here. I also hope Triple H mentions balls once or twice in this interview. Punk took his ball and went home... we don't turn our back on our balls.

Really though, Austin said all sorts of on point stuff about how Reigns is too green and how much they messed up, I hope he says some of this to Triple H.

It's going to turn into a 45 minute promo where HHH buries Steve Austin

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Konnan taking a huge bong rip while Court Bauer talks about voting for the Observer awards by fax. Peak MLW.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Mob posted:

Worked handoffs is amazing

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
My other favorite bit is how Bryan is so SURE that Dave was talking about him when he says Bryan in All About That Reigns.

I mean what other Bryan could it POSSIBLY BEEEEE!? :alvarez:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

whatsabattle posted:

My other favorite bit is how Bryan is so SURE that Dave was talking about him when he says Bryan in All About That Reigns.

I mean what other Bryan could it POSSIBLY BEEEEE!? :alvarez:

he was though

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Spermgod posted:

he was though

I took for granted that he was talking about Daniel Bryan. v:confused:v

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Anyone watching the HHH/Austin live podcast got some first impressions of it? How, uhh, diplomatic is Austin being?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Memento posted:

Anyone watching the HHH/Austin live podcast got some first impressions of it? How, uhh, diplomatic is Austin being?

so far it's the usual hhh nxt press conference bullshit until chyna got brought up and hunter chuckled and got awkward

• Locked thread