Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

hi you guys should support on Patreon because holy cow the next installment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
The hellbeast's commitment to being a real dick even in the face of horrible death is an inspiration to everyone.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Ballz posted:

She even got the number of exclamation points right. :unsmith:

It's fine details like that which make me realize that Gob is the realest of deals. His art has consistently improved over the course of the comic, but the ideas have always been solid.

Also, goddamn that grenade throw was some pro MLG poo poo. Perfectly timed, both dramatically and explosively. The kid has got moxie.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Ballz posted:

She even got the number of exclamation points right. :unsmith:

:allears: Oh Gob you are great at this.

ArchetypeBlue
Jul 9, 2012

ASSHOLE.
New Ally avatar, because drat, she just looks too badass in that panel.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

ArchetypeBlue posted:

New Ally avatar, because drat, she just looks too badass in that panel.

I love the faint green glow around her. To use a bit of a manga cliche, you can feel the murderous intent radiating off her.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Dominic White posted:

It's fine details like that which make me realize that Gob is the realest of deals. His art has consistently improved over the course of the comic, but the ideas have always been solid.

Also, goddamn that grenade throw was some pro MLG poo poo. Perfectly timed, both dramatically and explosively. The kid has got moxie.

A pro Counter-Strike player would shed a tear at how expertly that grenade was thrown.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Dominic White posted:

His art has consistently improved over the course of the comic

speaking of

Gob: great linework on the center Ally panel, and I love Maddie's line of action (like the art thing, not her saying 'cool!!'; badass action one-liners will come with age :cool:)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dominic White posted:

:aaaaa:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This comic is so tightly knit together that I can hardly believe it sometimes.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

There Bias Two posted:

This comic is so tightly knit together that I can hardly believe it sometimes.

Yeah, this doesnt seem like a webcomic at all. Gob, have you tried writing novels or short stories?

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Hogge Wild posted:

Yeah, this doesnt seem like a webcomic at all. Gob, have you tried writing novels or short stories?
In high school I attempted to write a super serious novel about a high school boy with powers who was a super cool loner and he was a really deep character because he had girl trouble. And he had a bunch of so-called "FRIENDS" that did all these super terrible things like SMOKING CIGARETTES that he would always be irritated at he'd always make sure to give them a piece of his mind. If I remember correctly, in the end the main character died in a car accident and had a Tetsuo-ish transcendental awakening and the girl he liked cried a lot and I made sure to go into detail about her sad sad tears. I'm a piece of poo poo.

I did write a bunch of silly short stories and used to post them online but I got rid of them because I was embarrassed and I'm not even sure where they are anymore.

Thank you very much for the compliment!

Anyway, I posted these bad boys on Twitter yesterday but I wanted to share these directly with yous guys. It's an 8-part series called "I'll Kill You." I made these laying in bed on my laptop using the line, rectangle, and even the circle tool in Flash. There's a 2-year hiatus I took in the middle. I needed the time to do research and develop the story.

Here you go:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Gobolatula posted:

In high school I attempted to write a super serious novel about a high school boy with powers who was a super cool loner and he was a really deep character because he had girl trouble. And he had a bunch of so-called "FRIENDS" that did all these super terrible things like SMOKING CIGARETTES that he would always be irritated at he'd always make sure to give them a piece of his mind. If I remember correctly, in the end the main character died in a car accident and had a Tetsuo-ish transcendental awakening and the girl he liked cried a lot and I made sure to go into detail about her sad sad tears. I'm a piece of poo poo.

It's okay Gob, sooner or later everyone in high school attempts to write a super serious novel about the stupidest thing imaginable. Mine was a rip off of 'Johnny the Homicidal Maniac' staring an anthropomorphic pony named 'Spaz'. I wish I was joking, but I'm not.

Also: 'I'll kill You' was pretty great. Please make more non-linear flash comics and post them here at your earliest convenience.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 2, 2015

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

:vince:

This has more subtle foreshadowing than the Song of Ice and Fire books.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Ballz posted:

:vince:

This has more subtle foreshadowing than the Song of Ice and Fire books.

and replace all the teenage rape with teenage awesomeness.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Oh god we're hosed

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I laughed really hard at the reveal in #7 that he was opening THE Vault. I don't really know why. Something about the way you wrote the joke really did it for me.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gobolatula posted:

I did write a bunch of silly short stories and used to post them online but I got rid of them because I was embarrassed and I'm not even sure where they are anymore.

Thank you very much for the compliment!

Anyway, I posted these bad boys on Twitter yesterday but I wanted to share these directly with yous guys. It's an 8-part series called "I'll Kill You." I made these laying in bed on my laptop using the line, rectangle, and even the circle tool in Flash. There's a 2-year hiatus I took in the middle. I needed the time to do research and develop the story.

Here you go:

The dad is Hitler without his moustache. What are trying to say there, Gob?

Also, that was awesome.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I'm gonna be honest: I don't get it.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
the dads job is deciding when disney rereleases the lion king to home video markets and hes a real dick about it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
He's the boss of the Disney Vault, it's a heavy task that would weigh even the strongest soul down, he welcomes death when it comes.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
He also appears to be unstuck in time, possessing both foreknowledge of his wife and daughter's murder plans, and in comic 5, smugly knowing his wife will mispronounce pregnant in comic 2.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He's the boss of the Disney Vault, it's a heavy task that would weigh even the strongest soul down, he welcomes death when it comes.

On the other hand, his daughter loved The Lion King so much, he knew she would one day murder him to take his job. And he was OK with that.

Really makes you think.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
this gay piece of poo poo comic loving owns.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
It's me, I get to post the big climax. :kheldragar:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
A zombie girl climbed into a hell monster's rear end in a top hat and ripped it apart from the inside.

Best comic.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I'm forced to use my phone :argh:

Also :mrgw: at Elvis on page 2.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
n o i c e

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

A noble motivation, Hellbeast.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Blackheart posted:

A noble motivation, Hellbeast.

At least he died doing what he loved

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Holy poo poo Gob is a loving legit artist.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Those are now my favorite last words.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Never in the history of fiction has a more appropriate maloik been raised.

Gob takes the visual ideas from "Nude Descending a Staircase, No. 2" to its logical conclusion: a zombie king going completely apeshit inside a hellbeast's colon.

e: lol, wasn't there a time when you guys were reading this together in the bad webcomics thread because you thought this was a bad webcomic?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Ragnar34 posted:

Gob takes the visual ideas from "Nude Descending a Staircase, No. 2" to its logical conclusion: a zombie king going completely apeshit inside a hellbeast's colon.

e: lol, wasn't there a time when you guys were reading this together in the bad webcomics thread because you thought this was a bad webcomic?

Ehh, that and future iterations of the thread was more of a "bad webcomics and also ironically liking comics" thread.

Then page 100 was posted and the irony disappeared. Then people started noticing all the little details and callouts that were there since the beginning and weren't edited in. I think when the thread got all caught up, it was twenty or so pages into the apocalypse?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Ragnar34 posted:

It's how I ended up discovering this wonderful gem. My only regret is not being able to find out about this when it was first created.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Parts Kit posted:

Did Ally just decide to attack its rear end in a top hat next? :stare:

Yes.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Ragnar34 posted:

Yes, except I always thought it was good. :colbert:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Parts Kit posted:

Did Ally just decide to attack its rear end in a top hat next? :stare:

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Chronojam posted:

Holy poo poo

Presumably it's Unholy poo poo, being a demon and all.

Ally probably really needs a shower right about now.

• Locked thread