Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Dust covers are stupidly expensive. I paid way way too much for two technics 1200 covers and now I don't even use them. I curse those things on a regular basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

True, but I have cats and the amount of dust and fur that covered that turntable back when I originally used it was ridiculous. It was like it magnetically drew everything to the platter.

I had to get that dust cover from Japan because it was discontinued a few years ago and every place on this side of the Atlantic was out of stock. Ironically at 2100 yen it was about half as much as what U.S. sites had been selling it for, but then I got reamed with the overseas shipping (not saying how much, because I am ashamed)

All I need to get now is a new cartridge (probably gonna be this), and then it'll be good to go.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Millions posted:

Bootlegs have some or all of the following:
- A hand etched matrix number (in the case of mine)
- A line missing from All the Madmen
- Lousy audio quality (also in the case of mine)

I guess a lot of bootlegs were created when Bowie just started getting big but before RCA got out their re-release with the black and white kicking Ziggy cover. Sucks too, because I found another copy that might have been legit a year ago and didn't pick it up.

Oh yeah, mine is definitely a bootleg.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

eggsovereasy posted:

Oh yeah, mine is definitely a bootleg.

I have the black and white kicking cover, which is just really ugly.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Got my copy of Lost Themes in the mail today! This is the first LP I've ever bought that was made after 1989 and I can't wait to listen to it.

Came with a code to download the MP3s too so that was nice.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Boinks posted:

Got my copy of Lost Themes in the mail today! This is the first LP I've ever bought that was made after 1989 and I can't wait to listen to it.

Came with a code to download the MP3s too so that was nice.

drat, that picture in the gatefold is awesome. Can't wait to pick this up this weekend.

Also, I'm not sure if anybody cares about soundtracks in this thread, but a pretty cool one went up at http://shiptoshore.storenvy.com/products/11709477-george-a-romeros-martin. If you haven't heard the score, it's a pretty unique one.

Great cover art, too.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Also, I'm not sure if anybody cares about soundtracks in this thread,

Lol

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

drat, that picture in the gatefold is awesome. Can't wait to pick this up this weekend.

Also, I'm not sure if anybody cares about soundtracks in this thread, but a pretty cool one went up at http://shiptoshore.storenvy.com/products/11709477-george-a-romeros-martin. If you haven't heard the score, it's a pretty unique one.

Great cover art, too.

I have no interest in soundtrack listening but god drat that's a dope cover. I want to frame it.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

It's been a drought for me recently but somehow these ended up at my local Goodwill today:

The Gherkin Jerks one seems to sell for a pretty penny, and the pink Don't Walk out on Love is still sealed.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time

latest few records, ranging from Icelandic neoclassical to French black metal and French pop to American loud stuffs
Obliterations
Death Grips (bootleg) The runout grooves are pressed into the center label, possibly intentional as Death Grips bonus tracks?
Blut Aus Nord - Necrolord artwork and awesome booklet inside the gatefold
Melvins Ozma/Bullhead repress
Sebastien Tellier remix EP
Olafur Arnolds
Tortoise (Thrill Jockey 006)

E: Also thought this Mr. Oizo vine announcement of his new album on vinyl was pretty great
https://vine.co/v/OI7Y2Zvg5EH

Elrobot fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 4, 2015

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

How long did your Exmilitary take to get here? I ordered mine about two weeks now, I think.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
Was about 2 weeks or so to ship to Canada, it's a grey marbled edition and I'm curious if all the runout grooves are pressed into the labels or just mine.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I'll let ya know when I get mine.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Great cover art, too.

This just makes me even angrier that I can't get a copy of the actual loving movie. It's criminally unappreciated.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
I gotta get that Obliterations album poo poo

Lungs
Dec 20, 2005
Recent buys, badly photographed.

Art of Burning Water - Love you Dead
Iron Lung - White Glove Test
Slices - Still Cruising
Art of Burning Water - This Disgrace

Bastro - Rode Hard and Put Up Wet
Tortoise - Standards
Silent Front - Dead Lake
Twisted - Utopia

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Great cover art, too.

Thanks, I just impulse bought the swirl version.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Some heads up on some nerd poo poo folks here may be interested in but haven't heard about.

The Protomen covers album has a vinyl release but due to stamping delays it won't be shipped out for awhile.

http://protomen.gomerch.com/

Minibosses and Mega Ran have a split 10 inch single coming out limited to 250 copies.

http://presidentgator.bigcartel.com/product/minibosses-mega-ran-split-10-presale

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I got a copy of Ziggy stardust today. I've been trying to find a semiaffordable copy of it for like a year so I was pretty excited about it, even though the sleeve is beat to poo poo the actual record is in decent shape. Hunky dory is gonna be a bit harder I suspect

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
https://sumppumprecords.bandcamp.com/album/weird-nostalgia

My band is releasing our second album. The digital just came out, and the LPs are being pressed and will ship in a few weeks. It's a limited pressing of 200 copies with screenprinted covers. This is our first vinyl release and I've been geeking out about having our music on wax since the test pressings arrived.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Mastodon - Leviathan. Got this in the mail today. Love this album, glad to finally get my hands on a vinyl edition.

Great art all over this album. You'll notice the song order's been fiddled with, presumably in order for Heart's Alive to fit on the second side.

Gatefold and labels.

Don't know why this one ended up so blurry, but the vinyl's grey, as you can see.

The House of the Devil soundtrack. Another piece of awesome work by Death Waltz. The jacket is this super thick cardstock and it feels sturdy as hell.

Backside.

Gatefold has the usual music info you'd expect from a Death Waltz release. The booklet on the right side has comments about the film from the director, composer, one of the actors, and the artist.

Vinyl is actually black with red splatter, though the splatter isn't as pronounced as others I have seen.

Horrendous - Sweet Blasphemies. Went and saw these guys play in NYC last weekend, great show. Picked up my copy of their 2010 demo.

The back.

They were cool enough to sign the insert for me.

The label.

Ecdysis is a masterpiece, but this is just plain old school death metal joy. I mean, check out the title of this song.

Plain black vinyl, but with the best use of a blank side I've seen on a record.

IronLawnmower
Aug 28, 2014
I kinda need that horrendous.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

IronLawnmower posted:

I kinda need that horrendous.

http://www.darkdescentrecords.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=4558

Or message them through their Facebook page. I bought both Ecdysis and Sweet Blasphemies directly from them (though I picked up my copy of Sweet Blasphemies at the show because I wanted to get it signed and the guys live kinda far from each other). Ecdysis is sold out but is being repressed soon, but they should still have Sweet Blasphemies and you might save a few bucks going directly through them.

Surprised to see this in the mail today, as it was supposed to be released on the 24th. Pan-Thy-Monium - Khaooohs and Kon-Fus-Ion.

Back. Didn't have access to the camera I usually use, so sorry for the cruddy images.

Labels.

Decided to go with the Relapse 25th Anniversary silver vinyl on this one.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
speaking of Mastodon, are they ever going to put out a version of Leviathan mastered for 45? Crack the Skye and Blood Mountain sound loving glorious.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I made an impulse trip to my usual record store and found a copy of Rolling Stones - Black and Blue for $5. The sleeve was a little beat up, but what surprised me was what was inside:

I remember my Dad's copy was just regular black. Is this some kind of Limited Edition or something?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The only one I can find on Discogs is a Dutch pressing from 76. Not particularly collectible.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Moai Ou posted:

I made an impulse trip to my usual record store and found a copy of Rolling Stones - Black and Blue for $5. The sleeve was a little beat up, but what surprised me was what was inside:

I remember my Dad's copy was just regular black. Is this some kind of Limited Edition or something?

Discogs tells me that's the Netherlands pressing of it. Five bucks probably isn't too bad a price for it, but it doesn't look like it's super rare or anything.

Edit: How did I not see BigFactory's reply? :whitewater:

Ballz fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Feb 8, 2015

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Ballz posted:

Discogs tells me that's the Netherlands pressing of it. Five bucks probably isn't too bad a price for it, but it doesn't look like it's super rare or anything.

Edit: How did I not see BigFactory's reply? :whitewater:

Do the matrix numbers match that discogs entry? Discogs is great, especially for big releases like that, but it's not exhaustive.

Decent album at least! It's got 2 or 3 solid cuts and hardly the worst Stones filler material.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
How do y'all feel about those Original Master Recording/Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab rereleases? They annoy me because while I'm not against buying rereleases (I just picked up the first Modest Mouse LP rerelease, lucky enough to find it in-store), they put that big ol' ugly banner at the top of the album art.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

abraham linksys posted:

How do y'all feel about those Original Master Recording/Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab rereleases? They annoy me because while I'm not against buying rereleases (I just picked up the first Modest Mouse LP rerelease, lucky enough to find it in-store), they put that big ol' ugly banner at the top of the album art.

I don't think anyone buying MFSL records really cares about the label on the cover. It's probably an album you have another copy of anyways, right? Maybe several copies of.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

abraham linksys posted:

I have a bunch of them from the early 80s and they sound fantastic. Supposedly their more recent reissues are a mixed bag, but I can't tell you that for sure. Plus it could just being audiophile whining. Also, if the banner on the front is that off putting to you, you might be buying them for the wrong reason.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

abraham linksys posted:

I big part of vinyl for me is aesthetics, so that banner is the main reason I have never bought one.

Speaking of aesthetics, grab the deluxe edition of the new Sleater-Kinney if you can. Slipcase, triple gatefold, giant poster, white vinyl. It's a very nicely put together set. And a fantastic album as well.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
The MFSL release of Love Is Hell by Ryan Adams is probably one of the best vinyl remasters I have ever heard.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Gonna file this next to my Pure Moods comp from last year

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
That box looks like it's from an obscure cult classic German board game

also I kind of have to know what makes Chant Noel so challenging

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

abraham linksys posted:

That box looks like it's from an obscure cult classic German board game

also I kind of have to know what makes Chant Noel so challenging

I dunno, but that was one helluva sales pitch and now I want a copy of the set.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
only 6000 copies get in quick

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
220g vinyl @_@

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
its a shame they made it so obviously a joke