Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I think you know OP.

You know.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

TEAYCHES posted:

havent you read uh.. infinite jest?? isnt that what that book is about? i dont know ive never read that poo poo

not really but it's so fuckin long there's parts about practically everything you can think of

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

psyopmonkey posted:

I think you know OP.

You know.

:colbert:

they didn't hug you enough? Or maybe they hugged you too much

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
i was born on a witch's sabbath so my parents took it as an opportunity to offer my soul to a fallen angel for wealth and power.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
when my mom was pregnant with me she got hit by a car
haha nice try mom I'm still alive

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
during a boat trip my dad was joking around and jumped into the ocean as an act of bravado.

we hit a freak wave and the boat went over my dad and his legs got hit by the propeller

all I can remember are his screams while he drowned, the boat apparently cut off both of his legs

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
My dad took me to disneyland but bought his girlfriend with and told me not to tell my mom.

Nekodoshi
Aug 4, 2007

I'm only as smart as the content of my posts.
My dad verbally abused me when i was young, due to (at the time) being undiagnosed bipolar while having issues with being horrifically abused by his own father.
Worst he ever did to me was... when i was maybe five or six I was playing in my room, being goofy and watching Mary Poppins when he bursts in, grabs me by the collar of my shirt and physically lifted me and shook me while telling me to be quiet. I remember him taking me into the kitchen later and apologizing. I told him it was okay, and he cried when he said "no it isn't".

Flash forward to twenty years later, he coyly asked me if I ever "figured out how [he] treated me and [my] mom."
I told him I'd been over it for years, and to promise me not to hold anything against himself again.

He now has a granddaughter who he calls "his princess" and he loves more than life itself. Im extremely happy about that. :unsmith:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

MVP posted:

during a boat trip my dad was joking around and jumped into the ocean as an act of bravado.

we hit a freak wave and the boat went over my dad and his legs got hit by the propeller

all I can remember are his screams while he drowned, the boat apparently cut off both of his legs

this except my dad lost his weiner

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Nekodoshi posted:

My dad verbally abused me when i was young, due to (at the time) being undiagnosed bipolar while having issues with being horrifically abused by his own father.
Worst he ever did to me was... when i was maybe five or six I was playing in my room, being goofy and watching Mary Poppins when he bursts in, grabs me by the collar of my shirt and physically lifted me and shook me while telling me to be quiet. I remember him taking me into the kitchen later and apologizing. I told him it was okay, and he cried when he said "no it isn't".

Flash forward to twenty years later, he coyly asked me if I ever "figured out how [he] treated me and [my] mom."
I told him I'd been over it for years, and to promise me not to hold anything against himself again.

He now has a granddaughter who he calls "his princess" and he loves more than life itself. Im extremely happy about that. :unsmith:

sounds like a good dad to me

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Nekodoshi posted:

Was your dad's name beta bitch bill

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Ben Smash posted:

My dad took me to disneyland but bought his girlfriend with and told me not to tell my mom.

your dad tried to teach you how to really live it up sorry you didn't get the message

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY
My mom institutionalized me after I asked her for a Pepsi.

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007
My parents didn't get Nationwide insurance when I was little and I drowned in the tub :(

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

cooter64 posted:

My mom institutionalized me after I asked her for a Pepsi.

your mom gets it.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
Like, the actually worst thing one of my parents did is more abstract. Some people have a hard time conceptualizing clinical depression as a real thing.

But I do have a fun story.

Context: I live in Florida. I once got sent to one of those summer day camp programs, back when I was like, 10 or 11. This year's was "Environment Camp".

Already a bad sign. I'm really sensitive to stimuli, and the outdoors in general is hard for me to tolerate under anything but near-perfect conditions. My mom knows this, but it's the whole post-90s soccer mom extracirricular activity boom and I'm sent off.

Most of the time, the "camp" was sitting around on a bus being driven to a swampy hole in the ground, getting out for two hours in blazing heat, drenching rain, or quite possibly both, and riding the way back.

One of the days was more local. It was moderately cloudy, not that hot; perhaps not utterly soul-crushing by the end of the day. We rode around on a boat through the bay, a powered barge with only shoddy wood panels to separate us from the sky. We get out at the local park on one of the countless keys which dot the Floridian coast. It's getting grey and overcast.

When it gets pretty cloudy in the summer in Florida, rain is inevitable, and very probably soon. This is a thing that you learn with almost any life experience in Florida. The captain of the boat looks a bit unnerved, and suggests going back to the marina. This does not stand with the camp counselor, and we sail on to the next destination. By this point, we can't even go under the next drawbridge, because we will clearly get soaked before the next time it opens up, so we head back to the marina...

By now, though, there's lightning nearby, and a torrent of rain. We only get to shelter under a causeway after getting sprayed with the fine mist splashing off the sea. We now have to wait out the storm, on a boat whose length is barely covered by the bridge. And I am terrified of both loud noises and electricity.

I am curled up, crying in panic for nearly an hour before the storm finally clears enough for us to get back to land.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

Like, the actually worst thing one of my parents did is more abstract. Some people have a hard time conceptualizing clinical depression as a real thing.

Context: I live in Florida. I once got sent to one of those summer day camp programs, back when I was like, 10 or 11. This year's was "Environment Camp".

Already a bad sign. I'm really sensitive to stimuli, and the outdoors in general is hard for me to tolerate under anything but near-perfect conditions. My mom knows this, but it's the whole post-90s soccer mom extracirricular activity boom and I'm sent off.

Most of the time, the "camp" was sitting around on a bus being driven to a swampy hole in the ground, getting out for two hours in blazing heat, drenching rain, or quite possibly both, and riding the way back.

One of the days was more local. It was moderately cloudy, not that hot; perhaps not utterly soul-crushing by the end of the day. We rode around on a boat through the bay, a powered barge with only shoddy wood panels to separate us from the sky. We get out at the local park on one of the countless keys which dot the Floridian coast. It's getting grey and overcast.

When it gets pretty cloudy in the summer in Florida, rain is inevitable, and very probably soon. This is a thing that you learn with almost any life experience in Florida. The captain of the boat looks a bit unnerved, and suggests going back to the marina. This does not stand with the camp counselor, and we sail on to the next destination. By this point, we can't even go under the next drawbridge, because we will clearly get soaked before the next time it opens up, so we head back to the marina...

By now, though, there's lightning nearby, and a torrent of rain. We only get to shelter under a causeway after getting sprayed with the fine mist splashing off the sea. We now have to wait out the storm, on a boat whose length is barely covered by the bridge. And I am terrified of both loud noises and electricity.

I am curled up, crying in panic for nearly an hour before the storm finally clears enough for us to get back to land.

hahahaha holy poo poo

ur the guy who made that "this is our forum not theirs and we will not yield to such filth" post when they changed gbs

whats up duder

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

yeah she should have just sheltered you and protected you from normal things that make you feel uncomfortable

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

so this is a roundabout way of delivering the old "gave birth to me" stick in the mud?

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
they would blow tons of bong smoke into my face until i turned 18. i'm talkin 200-300 bong rips a day. yeah, I got the gently caress outta there when i turned 18

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

:laffo: i hope you tell that story to everyone you meet

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

good poo poo

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Held me upside down til I thought I was going to be sick!

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

my dad is/was now hes just a diabetic republican / freeper style conspiracy theorist

my father is dead

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

thread delivers

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
i knew cardinal ximenez would one day return and try to bring back old gbs. he will not yield to our filth, just like he said

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Orkin Mang posted:

my father is dead

sorry to hear that man

Scald
May 5, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 26 years!

Orkin Mang posted:

my father is dead

Same, but he died the same way he lived: Diabetes and Speedballs.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Scald posted:

rip chris farley :(

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Scald posted:

Diabetic Republican describes my dead dad well and its maki me chuckle kinda

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

My pappy made a thinly veiled honeypot thread for his pink forum buddies to jack off to one time.

Instead of an amusing anecdote about how my mom brutally owned me at christmastime i posted this very reply in that very thread. This is that thread.

gently caress you dad.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

tickled me til i peed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
:chome:

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Playing catch I once got into a pitching battle with my dad and he drilled me right in the eye socket on accident. One time they convinced me that my leukemia would come back if I didn't finish cleaning my room.

Muerte
Jan 22, 2015

I'm a picky eater and one time we were on vacation and my Dad cooked baked beans and he told me I would sit at the table until I finished them. Well after about an hour and a half I realized he wasn't kidding. I kept begging him saying I would puke if I ate them, he wasn't buying it. I finally took a bite and I vomited all over the camper floor. He made me sit there as they cleaned it up and said I wouldn't be leaving until I ate all of it. Then a fight between my parents started and I snuck away outside and learned how to skip rocks with a neighbor camper kid. Thanks random dude somewhere in Virginia by a wax museum.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Muerte posted:

I'm a picky eater and one time we were on vacation and my Dad cooked baked beans and he told me I would sit at the table until I finished them. Well after about an hour and a half I realized he wasn't kidding. I kept begging him saying I would puke if I ate them, he wasn't buying it. I finally took a bite and I vomited all over the camper floor. He made me sit there as they cleaned it up and said I wouldn't be leaving until I ate all of it. Then a fight between my parents started and I snuck away outside and learned how to skip rocks with a neighbor camper kid. Thanks random dude somewhere in Virginia by a wax museum.

you sound like a reject, evolutionarily speaking

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Orkin Mang posted:

you sound like a reject, evolutionarily speaking

takes one to know one

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Muerte posted:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

you gotta understand dad... for me... eating beans would spell MUERTE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
talk about a bad son

• Locked thread