Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
This loving thread has been active since before I started university.

I graduated and left school almost three years ago, what the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
I was reading the SS13 posts a few pages back, and that game is really furtile ground for griefing. My favorite 'classic' grief was having somebody throw you over the counter in the Head of Personnels customs office (a dude who changes ID's and access levels). If you did it fast you could steal the HoP's ID, use it to exit a door and close it behind you, locking him in without an ID.

also not truly a grief, but, when they just started adding the telescience areas to explore (solarium, ice moon, etc) everybody was piling into telescience for the expiditions. I was not a huge fan because it drags people off the main station but whatever. Anyways a new round started and people were bitching about last round because somebody destroyed a telescience computer and ruined their trip. I selected scientist for the next round and said a prayer. My prayers were answered and I spawned as a traitor scientist right in the toxins (bomb making) lab. Making 11x11 tile bombs quickly was about the only semi-advanced thing I was good at in SS13. I worked furiously and cranked one out about 7 minutes into the round, right as everyone was piling through the portal to Solarium. I stuffed the bomb in a locker, welded it closed, shoved it into telescience lab and sprinted away cackling like a madman. I punched 'Send Signal' on my remote blasted that place into the cold vacuum of space.

The comms lit up with some pretty intense whining, "Hey look some prick bombed telesci how edgy" while the admins complimented me on generating so many adminhelps as a legit traitor.

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker

Willfrey posted:

I was reading the SS13 posts a few pages back, and that game is really furtile ground for griefing. My favorite 'classic' grief was having somebody throw you over the counter in the Head of Personnels customs office (a dude who changes ID's and access levels). If you did it fast you could steal the HoP's ID, use it to exit a door and close it behind you, locking him in without an ID.

also not truly a grief, but, when they just started adding the telescience areas to explore (solarium, ice moon, etc) everybody was piling into telescience for the expiditions. I was not a huge fan because it drags people off the main station but whatever. Anyways a new round started and people were bitching about last round because somebody destroyed a telescience computer and ruined their trip. I selected scientist for the next round and said a prayer. My prayers were answered and I spawned as a traitor scientist right in the toxins (bomb making) lab. Making 11x11 tile bombs quickly was about the only semi-advanced thing I was good at in SS13. I worked furiously and cranked one out about 7 minutes into the round, right as everyone was piling through the portal to Solarium. I stuffed the bomb in a locker, welded it closed, shoved it into telescience lab and sprinted away cackling like a madman. I punched 'Send Signal' on my remote blasted that place into the cold vacuum of space.

The comms lit up with some pretty intense whining, "Hey look some prick bombed telesci how edgy" while the admins complimented me on generating so many adminhelps as a legit traitor.

SS13 can be an incredibly fun game when you are picked to be an antagonist since it's basically a free pass to grief without getting banned. In fact, they even GIVE you items to help you in your murderous rampages/cunning ruses.

They recently added a new item for traitor clowns called the "Chameleon Bomb" which is essentially a pipebomb that you can scan any handheld items/critters with and it turns into that. Arm it, toss it, and then wait for someone to get horribly killed when they pick it up.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

HonorableTB posted:

Be careful when staring into the griefing thread, for sometimes it stares back has 200 new posts, 90% of which is the same 5 dudes arguing about what griefing REALLY is

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:gas:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The final grief of the griefing thread

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

HonorableTB posted:

perhaps it is time for it to be reborn

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPBbrkS4atU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Mokbek posted:

They recently added a new item for traitor clowns called the "Chameleon Bomb" which is essentially a pipebomb that you can scan any handheld items/critters with and it turns into that. Arm it, toss it, and then wait for someone to get horribly killed when they pick it up.

Indeed, I turned mine into my clown ID and tossed it at the HOP while he was assigning jobs

Took out three dudes with him.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

WarpedNaba posted:

Indeed, I turned mine into my clown ID and tossed it at the HOP while he was assigning jobs

Took out three dudes with him.

Oh man I didn't know about this. I like the idea of just tossing laser pistol bombs or HoP ID bombs around medbay.

Daman
Oct 28, 2011
Haha, that's a sick own. Very awesome use of the game mechanics, in a way that is actually exactly the way they were intended. SS13 sure is a cool game especially since that's the intended gameplay.

Anyone else have cool clown roleplay stories I can read? I bet they're a hoot.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Daman posted:

Haha, that's a sick own. Very awesome use of the game mechanics, in a way that is actually exactly the way they were intended. SS13 sure is a cool game especially since that's the intended gameplay.

hmm, ah, it looks like you did not post any griefing contents...

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Daman posted:

You can always try the tale of the DOOM PEEL.

quote:

The Doom Peel

If a banana peel is left on the floor, anyone who steps on it will slip and fall down. There used to be a Clown job, which started with a banana and was mostly responsible for playing pranks, telling jokes, raising spirits, and getting brutally murdered by the psychotic crew. When my brother first started playing SS13, he chose Clown and spent the entire round slipping people with his banana peel, farting in their faces while they lay stunned, and then peeling out of there like a brightly coloured human rally car while furiously honking his bike horn. He did this so much and so competently that several people were actively trying to murder him, which of course led to more slipping, farting, and honking before he'd lie low in a locker somewhere until they gave up the search.

One particular victim seemed to have terrible luck, as he ran afoul of my brother over, and over, and over again through no apparent fault of his own. He must have spent a third of the round lying on the floor with fart in his face and a cheery HONK HONK HONK ringing in his ears. After pratfalling for the fourteenth or fifteenth time, he impotently screamed, "CLOOOOOOOOOOOOWN!" at his retreating assailant. This had no effect, aside from causing my brother to laugh so hard that it brought him to tears.

That victim was THE OVERWASP, one of the game's administrators.

Rather than get angry, THE OVERWASP saw the humour in my brother's clowny antics. He telepathically instructed him to stand next to his banana peel for a moment, then implanted the clown's consciousness into the peel itself, giving my brother the ability to move it around directly.

As it turns out, a player-controlled banana peel is nothing short of apocalyptic in the right hands. The station rapidly descended into anarchy as police chases became Keystone Kopps fiascoes, Janitors were left facedown in their own suds, and panicking assistants fled shrieking from the demonically-possessed banana peel before it sent them tumbling facefirst into vending machines. In a desperate bid to restore order, one of the heads of staff seized the unholy fruit rind in his hand and stuffed it in his pocket. Striding triumphantly to the airlock to space the offending item, he met his doom when it leaped out of his pocket and slipped him, causing him to careen into the open void and be lost forever.

The escape shuttle was called, and the crew fled in terror, abandoning the station to its new master: the Doom Peel.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Jesus, did this thread get picked as FYAD's new chew toy or something?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

Jesus, did this thread get picked as FYAD's new chew toy or something?

afaik im the only fyad here aside from a spider covets... there are a lot of imp zone posters here or something?

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
I'm another no-content post posting about no content.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jolly well posted:

afaik im the only fyad here aside from a spider covets... there are a lot of imp zone posters here or something?

yes imp zone

ive never posted in fyad once

its something you just kind of admire from afar

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I tried posting in FYAD once.

I was not good at it.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

fyad scares me, every time my mouse goes over that link trying to get to good ol gbs, i shudder in fear

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I did a voiceover for FYAD involving Hitler and all his little nazis

They never made the thing it was going to present it in, truly I am the greatest griefee of all :argh:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i post in many places, friends

often badly

wuat
Jul 12, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsoSaGlOr8g

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Eonwe posted:

its extra hilarious because the whole "gimmick" of The Federation is some post scarcity society where everyone helps each other to better benefit man and all that jazz, and people are getting mad that they are doing just that, lmfao

also someone post that star fleet dental fire extinguisher video thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swB-CbSZZdw

TheSpiritFox posted:

If there is in fact crossover with the eve goon population that's not paranoia at all.

This wasn't just "oh goons share free poo poo people are angry because reasons"

Starbases in STO at full upgrade level are actually pretty rare, if I remember. More than half the population that plays the game is not in a guild which can get a starbase maxed out, and so the guilds which do have maxed starbases charge inordinate amounts of money for one time access to a starbase because there's poo poo you cannot buy anywhere else that people need for their min max shooty laser ship builds. When goons allowed free access to their starbase it actually seriously cut into some guild business for a number of groups which was going a long way towards maintaining their starbases and those guilds suddenly had to go run around and work their asses off to keep their poo poo established.

Take fat lazy STO roleplayers and tell them that the gravy train has ended because goons and yeah you get some really enraged people.

We've completely killed any chance of anyone using their starbase for profit in the game. It's not only goons, we made the most populated game channel where anyone can offer free access to their highly advanced starbases. We have people who loving hate Starfleet Dental singing the praises of this channel and all the free poo poo in it because we named it after our Klingon Empire fleet, rather than the Federation one.

STO is currently griefing us though, it's going from casual f2p mmo to hardcore Korean grindfest. Literally the only fun thing left to do in the game is grief pubbies thanks to the various combat and level nerfs. The summer event is coming up in a couple months so we'll probably engage in more Emergent Gameplay Aimed at Eliminating Unfair P2W Advantages in the hoverboard race by blockading the finish line with covershields again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFgbc18gPwI

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
Don't mind the shitposters, they're people that tend to shitpost even in the imp zone, I don't know whether to hate them or love them so I just try not to think about it

Instead post more grief, Geoff the Hero is funny though some people don't like what he does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqg23EkE-QE

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Forums user "bathroomrage" angry because other people can poo poo.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Inkel posted:

Don't gently caress around with the Second Life biker gangs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaTYFs380rI

Why the hell do people play second life?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
To gently caress around with Second Life biker gangs, obviously.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Truga posted:

To gently caress around with Second Life biker gangs, obviously.

Ah right. So the guys in the gang are playing the long game troll. They're all undercover trolls infiltrating the bikie gangs.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, that sounds about right.

I mean, as bad as that sounds, the alternative is horrific to even imagine :psyduck:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

EvilElmo posted:

Ah right. So the guys in the gang are playing the long game troll. They're all undercover trolls infiltrating the bikie gangs.

No con like the long con.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

EvilElmo posted:

Why the hell do people play second life?

Escapism from their awful lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoR2_-ePgLc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yakgr-3jUeE

a7m2 fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Feb 3, 2015

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

EvilElmo posted:

heh, bikie

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

This thread reminded me that I had a really old Second Life account from back when they gave you a weekly real-money stipend even if you were f2p. So I downloaded the client the other day and it looks like nothing has changed. You can still find the most bizarre fetish sex by just looking for two or three player dots alone on the map. The graphics are also still mostly straight outta 2002, and even though my computer is a decade newer the performance is still as laggy and buggy as ever.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

e: gdi

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 3, 2015

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

bathroomrage posted:

Don't mind the shitposters, they're people that tend to shitpost even in the imp zone, I don't know whether to hate them or love them so I just try not to think about it

Instead post more grief, Geoff the Hero is funny though some people don't like what he does

Usually don't like Geoff but that guy taking the myth about Einstein and making it even more incorrect was pretty good.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

bathroomrage posted:

Personally I love GET MONEY. :allears:

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
"I bet this 100 hit combo reminds you of your childhood" has got to be my favourite line in the entire thread. Am I a bad person?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bathroomrage posted:

:whitewater:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Poizen Jam posted:

"I bet this 100 hit combo reminds you of your childhood" has got to be my favourite line in the entire thread. Am I a bad person?

"I bet you gotta make a lotta Combo #3's at work" was pretty good as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Poizen Jam posted:

If you are, I'm worse because my favorite part is "Can't combo break yo' daddy!".

• Locked thread