Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
a.k.a. what Green Bay should have done with their throwbacks. that rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
The NFL rules on the helmets wouldn't let them get that crazy with the throwback.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

mints posted:

The NFL rules on the helmets wouldn't let them get that crazy with the throwback.

It was only a couple years ago that the NFL decided to approve only one helmet per year for each team. Before that the Packers wore a plain brown helmet with their old dark blue and yellow uniforms. I would think they'd be allowed to add stitch effects to that one? maybe?

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

The Aggies are bringing out throwback uniforms to the 1939 National Champions, and while the shirts are nothing really to write home about, the leather patterned helmet is:

God these are so close to awesome, but they completely dropped the ball on the jersey. Those goddamn Adidas patterns on the shoulders and chest clash so badly with the rest of it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Seriously what is Adidas' obsession with that tire tread pattern

the helmets own a bunch though

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
So is the new place to get jerseys aliexpress? I see jersey101 is still around but their prices are a bit higher than when I last bought (looking like $55 now!). I saw a few people have said they've bought from aliexpress but does the quality compare to jersey101?

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
I ordered a Cam Wake jersey from Anna Jersey Store off aliexpress and it came today. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. The aqua of the jersey is a bit darker than the real thing, more in line with the color of the older style jerseys, but the stitching and the fit are really good.

You can't really read anything on the jock tag, but that's a minor detail.

A+++ would buy again

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Demp posted:

I ordered a Cam Wake jersey from Anna Jersey Store off aliexpress and it came today. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. The aqua of the jersey is a bit darker than the real thing, more in line with the color of the older style jerseys, but the stitching and the fit are really good.

You can't really read anything on the jock tag, but that's a minor detail.

A+++ would buy again

I like how that jersey looks better than the real thing

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
I know this is the 'jersey' chat thread, but it seems to be the place for general football related apparel as well. Also couldn't think of a better place to put this so here it is.

Being from Hamilton means I get gifted CFL Ticats gear for christmas all the time. I received this Puma branded tshirt a long time ago from my grandparents (2002 or 2003). I've never worn it, it fits terribly but more importantly I dont GET it.

The design is the Tiger Cats logo, most of it, printed on the front of a white shirt near the bottom, and theres a printed on dotted line cutting off the bottom part of the logo, on the back of the shirt is the continuation of the logo below another grey dotted line.

Was this a thing Puma did back then? is there some sort of symbolism I've completely missed all these years?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that is.... bizarre :psyduck: I don't know if that was meant to be folded a certain way to show the logo, or just a terrible misprint or what

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
"So, get this. We take the loving ICONIC Hamilton Tigercats logo and we -*zzzzzzrrrp* - shave off the bottom of the logo. We slap that poo poo on the back of the shirt. People are all 'I know that, but from WHAT?!' You're engaged, you wanna see where it's going so you stare that guy down. Then the guy turns around and you see the rest of the logo and you're all "HELL YEAH! loving TIGER loving CATS YO!!'"

*Pregnant pause*

"That's... just awful. What else you got?"

"CFL budget, sir."

*Sigh*

"Si- ... four hundred units. Cheap off white T."

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

DJExile posted:

that is.... bizarre :psyduck: I don't know if that was meant to be folded a certain way to show the logo, or just a terrible misprint or what

You cant fold it in any way to get the logo to line up, if you hold the shirt up to the light the lines match up and you see the whole logo but thats not a thing....

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

D C posted:

You cant fold it in any way to get the logo to line up, if you hold the shirt up to the light the lines match up and you see the whole logo but thats not a thing....

It's meant to be worn by ghosts

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Looks like something they'd sell at Gabriel Brothers

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
that loving owns, sneaky rear end jungle cat peering up at you out of the cartoon void

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Just looking at Jerseys, is this a decent deal? Am I missing anything?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Torrey-Smith-Jersey-Torrey-Smith-Raven-Jerseys-In-American-Football-Free-Shipping-Elite/2031525854.html

Diggie
Apr 6, 2008

Yeah, order it. I organized a group buy with some friends and the only problem I had was one jersey had a small black smudge on it. They immediately refunded my money when I complained. We ordered at least 15 jerseys in that batch.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I couldn't help myself, had to order it.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I still can't get over how awful the Bucs jerseys are. How did that number font get approved?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kevyn posted:

I still can't get over how awful the Bucs jerseys are. How did that number font get approved?

Think of the monetization opportunities in 5 years when they change the font and people have to buy all new jerseys!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

wandler20 posted:

I hope you draft a WR because "McCown needs more weapons".

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Incoming Mariotta pick to the Bucs

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

:siren:I GOT THE JERZ:siren:

$15 dollars for an NFL Game Day jersey featuring the world's greatest Quarterback

Now I wear the number of the one and the only Dirty Sanchez. Or The Buttfumbler depending on who you talk to.

A great day indeed.

Ostentatious fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 3, 2015

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

CyberPingu posted:

I'd cry, but only because I'm a huge homer. Mariota probably going to be a good NFL QB at some point.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

CyberPingu posted:

I want Mariota to be the next RG3, except with Chip Kelly and not bad.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I now have three jerseys, a Willi Plett North Stars Jersey, Mason Crosby (best kicker of all time) Packers Jersey, and a Marian Gaborik (rip) jersey

:flashfap:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I have a Buffalo Bills Ryan Fitzpatrick jersey and a Marshawn Lynch Bills jersey.

I stopped buying jerseys.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

wandler20 posted:

What if they draft him and he wears number 7 or something

Also for the jersey nerds, follow Phil Hecken on twitter. Dude is devoted to talking about jerseys of all sports all day everyday. Recently posted something related to new Texans jerseys supposedly coming in the next few years

Edit:

schweens fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 3, 2015

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

schweens posted:

Also for the jersey nerds, follow Phil Hecken on twitter. Dude is devoted to talking about jerseys of all sports all day everyday. Recently posted something related to new Texans jerseys supposedly coming in the next few years

Edit:

Always liked the white Texans helmet, their logo looks a million times better on a white helmet. Back before the franchise started all of the preview helmets were white, then they came out with the blue, and I was like what the hell? That blue makes half your logo nearly invisible.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
Are there any NFL teams that are changing their uniforms and/or logos this year?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

So the AFC South might have three teams with white helmets and blue logos, and then the Jaguars gradient.

Aniki posted:

Are there any NFL teams that are changing their uniforms and/or logos this year?
Browns I thought

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Patriots might. Billy was wearing some weird stuff during practice this week

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Aniki posted:

The Browns are supposedly changing the uniform, but the helmet is supposed to stay the same outside of maybe a color swap for a different shade of orange. As a Browns fan I hope that the uniforms fail hard, because I love our classic look, and I think its a dumb move that might just alienate long time fans even more especially if they do something really stupid like put a logo on the helmet. If Haslem wants to bring in younger fans with something new, and exciting perhaps he should start by attempting to field a competent team that can make a run in the playoffs. Kids aren't going to flock to a loser no matter how stupidly modern the uniforms are.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

The Rams are changing soon, probably a blue and white throwback, and possibly going back to the original shades of blue and gold for the primary as well.

Kind of appropriate timing considering everything else going on with that franchise.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Patriots might. Billy was wearing some weird stuff during practice this week

Got any pictures? As a Pats fan I don't see them ever changing, considering what they've done in these uniforms vs the previous ones. It's a shame, I hate the Flying Elvis. Our current uniforms would look so nice if you replaced the Elvis with an updated Pat Patriot.

Kevyn fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 3, 2015

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

schweens posted:

Edit:
Haven't seen the white helmets since Madden 2002 & they could have stayed there.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Smiling Mandrill posted:

The Browns are supposedly changing the uniform, but the helmet is supposed to stay the same outside of maybe a color swap for a different shade of orange. As a Browns fan I hope that the uniforms fail hard, because I love our classic look, and I think its a dumb move that might just alienate long time fans even more especially if they do something really stupid like put a logo on the helmet. If Haslem wants to bring in younger fans with something new, and exciting perhaps he should start by attempting to field a competent team that can make a run in the playoffs. Kids aren't going to flock to a loser no matter how stupidly modern the uniforms are.

I could see them doing something more like the Vikings than the Jaguars, where they'll try to do something modern while playing on traditional themes, but then they'll probably use a bit too much orange, give them an unnecessary unique font and number set, and subtly incorporate a Mastiff or chains into the design where it won't be enough to look bad, but will be just noticeable enough to be distracting.

Kevyn posted:

The Rams are changing soon, probably a blue and white throwback, and possibly going back to the original shades of blue and gold for the primary as well.

If they do move back to LA, then it would make sense to go back to their old color scheme and uniforms to capitalize on nostalgia and win back fans. I feel really bad for fans in St. Louis though.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

schweens posted:

Edit:

That isn't official.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/02/changing-up-the-texans-uniforms-per-arian-foster/

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kevyn posted:

Got any pictures? As a Pats fan I don't see them ever changing, considering what they've done in these uniforms vs the previous ones. It's a shame, I hate the Flying Elvis. Our current uniforms would look so nice if you replaced the Elvis with an updated Pat Patriot.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/laces-out/super-bowl-2015-patriots-seahawks-bill-belichick-dont-tread-on-me-shirt-020115

check out the NEP on the front.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Yup. I got got. I didn't realize a few Foster tweets started it all.

Regardless, the Texans need a change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

schweens posted:

Edit:

These are horrible but so are the existing Texans uniforms.

• Locked thread