Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
pffft why watch that poo poo game if you can wait until later tonight and watch uruguay vs paraguay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Polidoro posted:

pffft why watch that poo poo game if you can wait until later tonight and watch uruguay vs paraguay.

uruguay are up 2-0

also does anyone have the highlights for the boca v river friendly?

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

dj_pain posted:

uruguay are up 2-0

also does anyone have the highlights for the boca v river friendly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz2lpG30YNE
I couldn't find any without niembro.

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 2, 2015

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

hecko posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz2lpG30YNE
I couldn't find any without niembro.

when will your government "suicide" niembro?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I dont get the niembro hate tbqh

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Polidoro posted:

too soon

also lmao

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Polidoro posted:

Not soon enough, at least they finally retired Marcelo Araujo and Julio Ricardo.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

El Hefe posted:

I dont get the niembro hate tbqh

Homer Argentinian announcer who gets broadcast to the entire continent. His transmission of both the Atletico-Olimpia libertadores final and the Real Madrid-San Lorenzo cwc final were hilarious.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

El Hefe probably gets more of the north broadcasts and knows that the Mexicans are way worse and you guys wouldn't complain so much about Niembro if you had to deal with GUZ MEN FAX

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Drogadon posted:

El Hefe probably gets more of the north broadcasts and knows that the Mexicans are way worse and you guys wouldn't complain so much about Niembro if you had to deal with GUZ MEN FAX

Yeah this

I can't watch a game if there's a Mexican narrating, they are all so bad.

Fox sports tried to make us watch F1 with an all Mexican team and the backlash was so big it that it only lasted for one race.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
LOL @ Alianza Lima.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

hecko posted:

LOL @ Alianza Lima.

they're absolute poo poo and have delusional fans

they're kind of a even worse arsenal, they have absolutely no talent whatsoever in the squad

their players also fight their own fans: http://elcomercio.pe/deporte-total/...-1789173?flsm=1

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
From what I saw tonight, they have delusional and illusory fans. Why they played without attendance?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Do people talk about the Liga MX here.... or anywhere? I watched a game to waste some time and it was awful. I was gonna ask some questions about it.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Seltzer posted:

Do people talk about the Liga MX here.... or anywhere? I watched a game to waste some time and it was awful. I was gonna ask some questions about it.

Forums poster Giovanni_Sinclair does effortposts of Liga MX upcoming games but apart from that, it doesn't get too much air time here. You're perfectly free to grouse about how poo poo it is, though.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
GET HYPE

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2015/2/3/7970179/copa-libertadores-2015-preview-how-to-watch

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Tonight we have Corinthians vs Once Caldas and Dep. Tachira vs Cerro Porteño. The first one could be a great game!

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

I like that the preview was written by a delusional Sao Paulo fan, especially the part about how they are favorites because of Rogerio Ceni returning.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

joepinetree posted:

I like that the preview was written by a delusional Sao Paulo fan, especially the part about how they are favorites because of Rogerio Ceni returning.

They are favorites since Alvaro Pereira hosed off.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Nah, that preview is pretty dumb. Muricy, king of the 1—0, known for beautiful possession football? Plus the great players he named, geez.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The important thing is that he has a solid compilation of Libertadores shenanigans.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
By the way. Cardenas has signed with Atletico. I am obviously biased, but I would say that Atletico is in a pretty good position. They lost Tardelli, but brought in Pratto and Cardenas and kept the all of the young players from last year. And it continues to be a team set for cup competitions, with only 4 losses at home in the last 4 years (the best home performance of any South American or European club), all in meaningless matches (the four losses were the 2 matches immediately following the libertadores and Brazil cup wins, and two matches with a reserve team in meaningless league games).

Meanwhile Sao Paulo has lost Kaka and kept Ceni (who is a joke at this point), Cruzeiro has lost Everton Ribeiro, Ricardo Goulart and Lucas Silva and Internacional may lose D'Alessandro.

joepinetree fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 4, 2015

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Kinda forgot that the Copa Libertadores started up again but it was fun watching them again, we get it on Fox Sports Deportes here in the States and get 2 games back to back on a matchday. Also the Recopa Sudamericana is going to be on later tonight along with the three Liga MX games to start the weekend with. On a quick sidenote last weekend here in Chicago we got a snow blizzard that brought over 19 inchs/48cm a week after Boston and the Northeastern US (expect for New York City for some reason) got 23 inches/58cm so watching some soccer/football down south kinda warmed me up.

Last week results

Toluca 3 - 1 Universidad Guadalajara
América 1 - 0 Tigres UANL
Atlas 1 - 1 Pumas
Guadalajara 1 - 0 Pachuca
León 1 - 1 Chiapas
Monterrey 1 - 1 Veracruz
Puebla 0 - 0 Cruz Azul
Querétaro 0 - 1 Santos Laguna
Tijuana 4 - 2 Morelia

This weeks games (All times CST/-6 UTC)

Friday, February 6, 2015
7:30 PM
Morelia v América
8:30 PM
Veracruz v Querétaro
9:30 PM
Santos Laguna v Guadalajara

Saturday, February 7, 2015
5:00 PM
Cruz Azul v Monterrey
7:00 PM
Tigres UANL v Puebla
8:06 PM
Pachuca v Toluca
9:00 PM
Chiapas v Tijuana

Sunday, February 8, 2015
12:00 PM
Pumas v León
Universidad Guadalajara v Atlas

Current Table

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Hello everyone for this week Liga MX update.

Last week results

Pumas 1 - 3 León
Universidad Guadalajara 0 - 2 Atlas
Chiapas 2 - 2 Tijuana
Cruz Azul 1 - 0 Monterrey
Pachuca 1 - 1 Toluca
Tigres UANL 1 - 0 Puebla
Morelia 2 - 2 América
Santos Laguna 1 - 0 Guadalajara
Veracruz 1 - 1 Querétaro

Friday, February 13, 2015
Querétaro v Cruz Azul
Tijuana v Pumas

Saturday, February 14, 2015
América v Chiapas
Puebla v Monterrey
Tigres UANL v Morelia
León v Universidad Guadalajara
Atlas v Pachuca

Sunday, February 15, 2015
Toluca v Santos Laguna
Guadalajara v Veracruz

Current Table

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Why are there like 30 teams in the Argentine Primera 2015?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

So that Boca/River never go down

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
It was an idea Grondona had to ensure Independiente got back to first division if they couldn't do it the old fashioned way. Independiente managed to win the last promotion spot and Grondona died when it was too late to reverse the plan. Now the first division will play a 30 team one round during the whole 2015 and will have to spend the next 5 seasons slowly reducing it's size to a 22 team league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgntbqfTZ8w

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 15, 2015

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Tonight will be the start of the Libertadores second stage with 5 games.

Univ. de Chile (CHI) - Emelec (ECU) Group 4
Wanderers (M)(URU) - Zamora (VEN) Group 5
The Strongest (BOL) - Internacional (BRA) Group 4
Dep. Tachira (VEN) - Racing Club (ARG) Group 8
Atlas(MEX) - Independiente Santa Fe (COL) Group 1

Wanderers - Zamora ended 3-2, the Uruguayans with 2 red cards and the Venezuelans with 3. LOL.

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 18, 2015

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Zamora and Tachira are so bad but this isn't surprising to anyone

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
internacional off to a great start. :v:

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Internacional messed up their coach situation so badly that it was not surprising. They had Abel Braga, publicly tried to get Tite, when that failed they tried to hold on to Abel Braga, and when that failed they went for Aguirre. So pretty much everyone at Internacional knows he is a placeholder.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

HEY HEY GUYS COLO-COLO ARE BEATING A BRAZILIAN TEAM :smug:

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

dj_pain posted:

HEY HEY GUYS COLO-COLO ARE BEATING A BRAZILIAN TEAM :smug:

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Even Brazilian teams beat Brazilian teams this year.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Newsflash: Jo still sucks.

Not a good start to the year. The loss today isn't that big a deal. The fact that Pratto, Marcos Rocha and a bunch of other players are already hurt at Atletico is.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

This weeks Liga MX post after some mexican action in the Libertadores.

Last week results

Guadalajara 0 - 0 Veracruz
Toluca 2 - 2 Santos Laguna
América 5 - 0 Chiapas
Atlas 1 - 3 Pachuca
León 2 - 1 Universidad Guadalajara
Puebla 2 - 0 Monterrey
Tigres UANL 1 - 0 Morelia
Querétaro 1 - 2 Cruz Azul
Tijuana 3 - 0 Pumas

Friday, February 20, 2015
Morelia v Puebla
8:30 PM
Veracruz v Toluca
Santos Laguna v Atlas

Saturday, February 21, 2015
Cruz Azul v Guadalajara
Monterrey v Querétaro
Pachuca v León
Chiapas v Tigres UANL

Sunday, February 22, 2015
Pumas v América
Universidad Guadalajara v Tijuana

Current Table

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I'm probably gonna be in Tijuana next month. How easy is to get tickets to and get to a Xolos game as a Gringo? I know Spanish so I won't get completely taken, but I was wondering what decent tickets run/if there was anything else I should know. Oh also how easy would it be to get a knock off Xolos kit because they rule.

e- Kinda answered the ticket question myself by going to the site, they are pretty loving cheap.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 22, 2015

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Seltzer posted:

I'm probably gonna be in Tijuana next month. How easy is to get tickets to and get to a Xolos game as a Gringo? I know Spanish so I won't get completely taken, but I was wondering what decent tickets run/if there was anything else I should know. Oh also how easy would it be to get a knock off Xolos kit because they rule.

e- Kinda answered the ticket question myself by going to the site, they are pretty loving cheap.

Am in Chicago so the only time I get to see Mexican teams in person is when they do a Friendly against the Fire or against each other for a good cash grab from the Mexicans living in Chicago. As for kits if you live in a big Mexican area you might be able to find one at a local shop (They sell knock off shirts at a local corner stores/Mom and Pop shop for Chivas,Club America and other big teams) or if you willing to buy the offical one this online shop has it for $83.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Also talking about copa libertadores

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en9PPrdS19g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Am in Chicago so the only time I get to see Mexican teams in person is when they do a Friendly against the Fire or against each other for a good cash grab from the Mexicans living in Chicago. As for kits if you live in a big Mexican area you might be able to find one at a local shop (They sell knock off shirts at a local corner stores/Mom and Pop shop for Chivas,Club America and other big teams) or if you willing to buy the offical one this online shop has it for $83.

I was assuming in Tijuana I could probably get a Xolos knockoff on the cheap, I was wondering if you knew about knockoffs in Mexico, pricing availability etc. If I'm going to TIjuana I'd rather wait til I'm there to get a knockoff than go to the local Mexican shops in New Jersey.